[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stand your ground law in other countries?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: technical.jpg (517KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
technical.jpg
517KB, 1500x1100px
Picture this situation:

>be sleeping, whatever at home
>you hear some dude breaking into your house
>you get your gun and shoot him
>cops let you go

It's like that here in Florida and most other states iirc. I'm curious as to whether or not it happens in Europe or other countries. Like Germany for example. I know from when I was there, you could own a gun (even though it was a pain in the ass to get), but once you owned it, and hypothetically if you shoot someone trying to rob you, break into your house, etc., will you be held responsible by the legal system there?

Pic related
>>
You can do it in Canada but you'll be dragged through the courts and it will cost you a lot of money and time unless the person had a gun/pistol on them and you can somehow prove you retrieved your weapon from safe storage.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Canada+man+acquitted+for+shooting+at+arsonists&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA697CA697&oq=Canada+man+acquitted+for+shooting+at+arsonists&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64l2.7968j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

This guy shot at people running away from his house with a handgun and was still acquitted. He would've probably been charged in most American states.
>>
>>130848895
Hell just in PA alone it used to be you had to retreat as far as you could before opening fire. And that's obviously bullshit because if somebody broke in to your house you do not have the legitimate assumption of a threat of deadly force against you?
>>
>>130848895
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrsuHtuqJKw
>>
>>130850358
tl;dw please?
>>
>>130852368
You wanted to know about it, I did my job and gave you a neat little video that explains it all.
Now it's your job to watch it if you really care about it. It's in proper english.
>>
File: deutschland83 template.png (716KB, 1000x594px) Image search: [Google]
deutschland83 template.png
716KB, 1000x594px
>>130853247
>18 minutes
>>
>>130854911
>thread is almost an hour old
>didn't watch 18 minutes
this will offend the efficient german
>>
>>130848895
The US is the only country on this planet with the rule of law. Think about that for a while and let it sink in.
>>
>>130854911
The most important stuff is contained in the first few minutes.
And then you're going to watch the rest anyway because of based Jörg.
>>
>>130848895
Theoretically here the force needs to be proportional, in the sense that you can intimidate the burglar with the gun, but can only shoot if he does not retreat. If it's during the night it's a-ok to use lethal force against intruders
>>
>>130849101
>someone is breaking into your house int he middle of the night
>you are awaken to them climbing though your window
>dizy, blinded, and disoriented you stumble to the farthest room of the house and enter the 67 digit code to unlock the safe that houses your firearm.
You then make your way to the opposite end of the house to retrieve the magazine
>you enter they 128 digit code for the safe that keeps your ammo
>you load your fire arm just in time to protect yourself and your family
This is what libtards believe
>>
>>130857579
mom what if somebody breaks in to the house tho?
>son, dad has grandpa's hunting rifle
dad, where is it
>...
ok mom, so, what's it going to be?
>door breaks open
>getting looted or whatever
>dad says hey now hold on a sec
>gun's down in the basement here somewhere
>hold on now!
>brb
>*rummage* *rummage* *rummage* CLUNK
>OW FFFF-F-FRICK
>honey? are you ok?
>I'M FINE MYRTLE I TOLD YOU TO STAY IN THE ROOM
>grrrrrrr....
>>
Happened in Finland a few months back

>68 yr old is inside his home
>2 men come to the door, 3rd man is waiting in a car
>owner opens the door and gets pinned to the ground and almost knocked out by a blow to the head by an unknown object
>two guys leave him laying on the ground and head straight for the room where he keeps his guns locked in a locker
>owner gets up and rushes to his bedroom where he keeps a loaded .357 S&W under his pillow
>with the revolver the owner engages the burglars and fires several rounds hitting them a few times
>burglars survive the incident

The owner is now on trial for man slaughter and the attackers are being sued for trespassing and burglary.
>>
>>130850358
>>130854911
>>130853247
I agree, it needs to be accompanied wtiht he tldw.
I could point you to a 50 page law book and tell you to read it I did my job or I could simply say "if someone breaks into my house or attacks me I can shoot them dead".. which one is more reasonable to do?
>>
>>130858151
Attempted manslaughter I meant to say.
>>
>>130858151
In Canada, you used to go to jail if you didnt flee your house.
>>
>>130858152
See >>130855502
I'm tired and in bed dude, no way I'm gonna lean over and write some stuff in the dark, being all uncomfortable and shit.
>>
>>130858489
Doesn't that mean you book it out the other way, make sure its locked, and then blow them away when they come back out?
>>
File: 2giphy.gif (108KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
2giphy.gif
108KB, 500x298px
>>130858489

So if you stop the bandits you go to jail? Same fucking bullshit history here
>>
>>130848895
Self defense is basically illegal in the U.K., especially with deadly force.

Reminder that this is what leftist want in the US. They want to flood the country with the 3rd worlders who commit insane amounts of violent crime and then they want to make it illegal to defend yourself from them.
>>
>>130858600
>he doesnt have a keyboard
>>
>>130848895
It should work like this
>see nigger
>point and shoot
>nigger goes to jail
>>
>>130848895
>if you shoot someone trying to rob you, break into your house, etc., will you be held responsible by the legal system there?

it would depend on the circumstances tbph. if the guy has a weapon on him (even if it's a replica, has no ammunition, etc.) you could shoot him and would probably be ok.

that said if you shot him in the back as he was leaving your house or if he was unarmed and wasn't moving towards you or something like that, you'd most likely be tried for manslaughter.

I remember a couple of years ago there was a girl cashier who had her store robbed by some two assholes. they had a gun and she also had a gun. when she pulled out her gun, one of the robbers shot and wounded her, she shot back, killed the guy with the gun and then shot and killed the other (unarmed) guy as he was trying to run away. she was tried for manslaughter but was acquitted because the court determined she was in a state of shock, plus it would be very unpopular for any judge to convict a person for killing a criminal in a country where fb comments calling for hanging of murderers, rapists, pedos get over 10k likes
>>
>>130849101
Membership in the NFA or any other firearms lobby is worth it for the legal defense fund alone.
>>
File: 1485436083231.jpg (57KB, 647x587px) Image search: [Google]
1485436083231.jpg
57KB, 647x587px
>>130859226
>>
>>130849101
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_Parasiris
>>
You guys know we only have the 2nd amendment because the people who wrote the constitution knew we'd have to share the country with niggers, right?

That's why we now keep them in urban centers and have strict gun laws there and don't allow them access to ammunition.

That's why these European countries are extra fucked. Their society isn't designed to handle anything more than a 1% savage population, while precautions against niggers are written right into our founding document.
>>
>>130857097
>If it's during the night it's a-ok to use lethal force against intruders

I've looked into the history of self defense and that rational goes back centuries.

The meaning behind it is that during the day, there's people around, so you can yell and people are _supposed_ to come to your aid and help.

But at night, you can't discern whether or not the person breaking in going to steal, or kill you. Thus at night, lethal force is justified.
>>
>>130859940
That reaction image is way funnier that it should be
>>
>>130850358
Holy shit, Germany is literally a white utopia. Some nigger catcalls your GF and you can stab him to death for attacking your honor
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.