[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Midsummer Festival

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_ml5udzAuCA1s8t6n2o1_500.jpg (59KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ml5udzAuCA1s8t6n2o1_500.jpg
59KB, 500x333px
Why are you all not out preparing for the great bonfires of the Summer Solstice? Uncork your mead and celebrate with your ancestors and the gods for the longevity of your folk.

>Start a bonfire
>Have blot while sun sets

Today is the day we gather in our halls!
Midsummer is the religious celebration held at the summer solstice. This feast usually falls around June 20-21. Midsummer-related holidays, traditions and celebrations are found in all the Germanic countries of Northern Europe. Midsummer's eve is considered the second greatest festival of the Germanic holy year, comparable only to the 12 days of Yule. Certain celebrations take place on the evening of the summer solstice. Great roaring Bonfires, speeches, songs and dancing are most traditional. Folk traditions include the making of wreaths, the kindling of fires, the burning of corn dollies (human figure made out of straw), and the adornment of fields, barns, and houses with greenery. Midsummer as particularly a time to make blessings to Baldur.

Christians (((LARPing Jews))) BTFO
>>
>>130848580
City doesn't let us have bonfires as far as I know.
When I have land in the country I think Ill make this an anual event, so have a bump.
>>
>>130848868
The holiday is considered the time of the death of the Fair God of sunshine, Baldur and thus the turning point at which summer reaches its height and the Sun shines longest, but at the same time it is when the days will soon begin to shorten and the Earth is beginning its slow descent into winter again. It is important to note that midsummer is not the middle of summer. Indeed, summer may be defined to begin with the summer solstice.
>>
>>130848868
BBQ? Nothing in the city?

Sorry about that. I am stealing my landlady's BBQ for the night for some Nuerenberg sausages and mead.
>>
>>130849216
Yea, you can have a grill but I don't think you can have a big belligerent fire raging.
Id have to look into it, were like 5 layers deep in ordinances.
>>
>>130848580
I hate the summer. Fucking heat and bugs. I'm more of a winter solstice kind of guy
>>
>>130848580
>LARPing jews

Funny how you say that with no irony regarding what you're doing.
>>
>>130848580
Swedish Midsummer: Dancing around a massive symbolic cock pretending be to frogs. Cant even make that shit up.
>>
>>130850255
Im am Norse by blood. I cannot LARP by definition, you massive faggot!
>>
My German friend broke his leg when he jumped over fire to please his Latvian hosts.
>>
>boat ready for partying including dressing overall
>just need to carry the beer in
>Music festival tickets at hand
>Suit cleaned for a wedding on friday
>Tomorrow at 12:10 sauna stowe is fired up
>Sadly, no intentional bonfires
>Most likely too drunk to sail anywhere
>>
>>130848580
I'd like to celebrate the Summer Solstice, but I cannot as I am an American.
>>
Didnt Odin swallow cum to gain strength? Have fun at the swallowong festival retatds
>>
>>130855854
Find proof for your claim, then read the name of the author.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 720x576px
>>130851675
t.american

Pretentious and pathetic.

Your "ancestors" were traitors who fled and abandoned their homelands. Once every few years my family recieves a couple of "Swedes" from the (((USA))) seeking their roots.

They are not taken seriously and are considered, by the elders, to be the spawn of traitors seeking shekels across the sea.

Nobody cares about paganism and never will. I will celebrate Midsummer's eve with my family, eating traditional food and have snaps.
>>
>>130858570
Did the Norse not migrate?
>>
>>130858570

You're all cucks desu.
>>
File: 1308875977_g_0.jpg (54KB, 390x292px) Image search: [Google]
1308875977_g_0.jpg
54KB, 390x292px
>>130848580
>Not jumping over the fire 9 times and then going to the water and jump over 9 waves
>>
>>130848580
I'll keep you in my prayers tonight stupid hippy.
>>
Fire is an inviolable part of Summer Solstice celebrations. The campfire is lit at sunset and kept burning until sunrise so that the presence of light is not interrupted.
>>
>>130858570
>a swede talks about being a traitor and abandoning his country and betraying his ancestors
HOLY
FUCKING
SHIT
YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.