[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CTR lose funding?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

File: 1394812283962.jpg (86KB, 699x699px) Image search: [Google]
1394812283962.jpg
86KB, 699x699px
Did Correct the Record (CTR) or whatever that post-election organizational rebrand was called... lose their funding in the past month or two? I just noticed that /pol/ isn't 90% anti-Trump/AltRight troll threads and pandering.

Did Ben Fischbein's contract run out, or did their metrics show that they were making things worse? I'm still concerned about Eric Feinberg's growing hand of hate-speech detection patents.

>He's also co-owner of a patent issued in December for a "computerized system and method for detecting fraudulent or malicious enterprises." His system works in part by analyzing when videos and websites contain words that appear alongside such phrases as "kill Jews." He's logged thousands of sometimes innocuous or obscure sounding terms he says "co-trend" with such hate speech or exhortations to violence, which in turn helps him finding offensive videos.

>His efforts with the media have been classic problem-solution marketing. Mr. Feinberg makes no bones about his interest in licensing his technology to Google and other digital platforms to monitor offensive content and keep ads away from it.

>Eric Feinberg, who hopes to sell his system for detecting 'malicious enterprises' online to platforms such as YouTube.

>But Mr. Feinberg said in an interview on Friday that he doubts Google can succeed. At least, he said, "not without violating my patent."

I see VICE viral marketing here from time to time (remember to report and hide threads). Here's hoping the CTR spam operation center was shut down or they slowly become one of us. Like that poor internet at YouTube Spotlight who was tasked at cleaning up the comment section of the Refugee virtue signaling video, maybe they cried so hard they gave up.
>>
File: 1478883620899.jpg (48KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
1478883620899.jpg
48KB, 435x580px
Oh and here was my source for the greentext.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170428001508/http://adage.com/article/digital/eric-feinberg-man-google-youtube-brand-safety-crisis/308435/
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.