[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1950s USA

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1035.jpg (67KB, 220x299px)
IMG_1035.jpg
67KB, 220x299px
I wish we never left the fifties style of living.
Everyone hated Commies and libtards.
Women and Blacks knew their place.
The shitskins were dueling with the Easy-bake ass bankers in the desert.
And there were almost no gays.
The only thing that would've made it better was if we had someone like Pinochet leading us.
>>
File: 1462901273578.jpg (86KB, 500x620px)
1462901273578.jpg
86KB, 500x620px
>>130804394
I wish we never left the thirties style of living.
Everyone hated Commies and freedomcucks.
Women and Blacks knew their place.
The shitskins were conquered along with the Easy-bake ass bankers in the desert.
And there were almost no gays.
The only thing that would've made it better was if we had someone like Hitler 2.0 leading us.
>>
File: 9JJEWFBJGbY.jpg (89KB, 768x768px)
9JJEWFBJGbY.jpg
89KB, 768x768px
>>130804394
>>
>>130804394
I feel you OP, 50s was wonderfull
>>
File: 1497199481505.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497199481505.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>130804394
I wish we never left the 90s
It was like a brief sigh of relief and clarity once the cold war ended, and our political hysteria was finally lifting for the first time since the 1930s' new deal public works explosion, when we last had the good sense to restore our country's economic balance in the public interest to save our costumer-driven economy.

Instead, with the general outlook once again growing dismal, we're now back to cold war levels of socioeconomic self-detriment, back on track to privatize the gains and socialize losses, while we try to deregulate an ever-growing financial sector that produces zero positive externalities for our economy while profiting wildly at the expense of persons and businesses. If we weren't so criminally uneducated, we might see who's really behind the decline of the middle class (the owners and financiers of our economy who lobby hand-over-fist against pragmatic public interest legislation). Instead, they've successfully convinced us that our party affiliation, race, or gender differences, and the meager policy differences we hold, are the source of our decades-in-the-making socioeconomic putrification.
>>
>>130806693
*consumer-driven economy
Phoneposting was a mistake
>>
>it better was if we had someone like Pinochet leading us

He sucked jewish dick. Your opinion belongs in the trash.
>>
>>130804394
You should've let MacArthur bomb the fuck out of China during the korean war though. A shame your nation cucked out.
>>
File: queer culture.png (543KB, 884x1348px) Image search: [Google]
queer culture.png
543KB, 884x1348px
>And there were almost no gays.
This isn't true though. Bigger cities had gay bars back in the mid 19th century. Whitman wrote frequently about the gay gathering spots in NYC (parks, docks, public baths, certain bars and dance halls) where gay orgies took place. Early 20th century YMCA was also a place for run-away young gay men to hook up. The village people song was referencing the 100 year history of the YMCA in gay culture. Sodomy and homosexuality was still illegal on paper but seldom enforced in the big cities.

Gay clubs in America were openly run up until in the 1930s. They were called "pansie clubs" and drag queen culture also thrived in the 1920s and became about as socially acceptable as Jazz music (controversial but fashionable). The "pansy craze" swept most major American cities in the 20s. Madison square garden even held drag queen beauty pageants in the 1920 attended by thousands. Ballrooms across the country held similar high profile queer themed events and they were attended by the wealthy and the social elite.

This lasted until the newly emerged conservative movement swept the country in 1935 and forced the gay bars to shut down and drove the queer culture back underground. It wasn't until the 1970s that queer culture caught up to where it was in the 1920s.

tl;dr

The gays were always there. They were more persecuted in the 1950s than they were a few decades earlier, but they didn't simply vanish.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.