[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What trade is best /pol/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1324901734907.jpg (79KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
1324901734907.jpg
79KB, 500x453px
And what's the best route to get into said trade? I've been thinking of giving my shekels to a two year trade school and then moving onto apprenticeship.

Right now I'm torn between HVAC, plumbing and welding. Welding seems like it would have less job stability than the other two so I'm not too sure about it but it also seems like it would suit me the best. Anyone have any trade experience?
>>
>>130768481
Refrigeration. I work on catcher processors in Alaska and those guys get flown in and treated like royalty and make bank.
>>
slave trade
>>
3rd year Electrician here, it's pretty and work is not physically hard. On most sites, plumbers and electricians have the most work to do.

Tue schooling I find engaging and people are are usually impressed when you tell them what you do if your into that.

Most hated and most useless om things besides wiring on site though.
>>
The last 6 months of election politics really shows there's a vast shortage of knowledge on IT topics that affect everyday life. Look at all the people who clearly know nothing about email servers or "hacking."

Maybe go into server or network administration, though I've heard cloud computing is really threatening those jobs.
>>
>>130768481
Take to the sea. Go to a four year Maritime academy, get a Bs and your shipping license. Be making over $100k before you're thirty
>>
>>130768481
>boilermakers will die early due to toxic fumes
>plumbers suffer from lack of stable jobs
>fitters it literally lefty losey righty tighty
>instro suffer from lack for not being a dual trade with electrical
>mechanical is ok if your into cars
>electrical might result in an untimely death if your stupid.
Take your pick.
>>
>>130768481
electrician is one of the best around here.

plumbers do well, you need extra certification to do gas and refrigeration work though i think.

Top welders can make big money but it takes a long time to get to that level.
>>
>>130768649
How did you find that job? And do you have to ride out on the ships with them or only work on them in harbor?
>>
>>130769092
not bad advice actually.

see the world at the same time.
>>
File: IMG_1280.jpg (83KB, 640x791px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1280.jpg
83KB, 640x791px
>>130768481
Grandad was a chief welding inspector.

Was making over 1k a week twenty years ago but he had to live in Londonistan to get enough work so fuck that avenue.
>>
CAD/CAM Technician, here. Job placement companies have gobbled up most of the jobs in my area, slicing off a nice 3+ dollars per hour off the paycheck while also not getting you any job safety, benefits or even just the ability to put the name of the company you actually worked for on your CV. Shit sucks, though I enjoy the field itself. It's half shop and half desk job.
>>
>>130769305
takes many years to get to that level though

you have to do a lot of welding to get there.
>>
File: 1497930137564.jpg (155KB, 402x469px) Image search: [Google]
1497930137564.jpg
155KB, 402x469px
>>130768481
You can Google this, fuckwit.
Elevator union is best. Depends where you live.
Sage for an unrelated thread.
>>
>>130769116
Adding that, at least in Canada, trades get school subsidies and 4000 in incentive grants. You come out debt free here with 75000 per year average and 4 years exp in your field.
>>
>>130769171
I'm not the refrigeration guy, lol. I wish. In my experience, most times the work takes place in town and the refrigeration guy stays in a hotel.
>>
>>130769599
Dunno what the situation with that sort of thing here is but it would be better than if you were going into training for a middle class job
>>
>>130769748
Same shit with CNC repair technicians.
>>
>>130768481
Pipe fitters and rig technicians make some swell dough up in fort mac
>>
>>130769452
Elitist and close knit, tough to break into.
If your in your golden though. Could prib write a book at work
>>
>>130769748
>>130769171
>>130768649
Maritime academy guy here. This is actually very legit advice. Get into electrical, HVAC, diesel mechanics and specialize yourself into working on ships. The techs I encounter make bank, because you can't just grab a guy off the street for it. As a bonus, they get to go home every night
>>
File: the-refrigeration-cycle.jpg (57KB, 440x311px) Image search: [Google]
the-refrigeration-cycle.jpg
57KB, 440x311px
>>130768481
Go HVAC. HVAC is a for the white man. Many aspects of electric here. Its great. God Bless.
>>
>>130769111
>your stupid
>your
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.