[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newflags

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Hurr_091761_1632227.jpg (35KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
Hurr_091761_1632227.jpg
35KB, 400x410px
This is a repost from last night, I wanted to post earlier when there was more traffic but I couldn't do it till late last night so I wanna make my point one more time when there are more people lurking the board.

>Mods, can you -please- get rid of that new stupid fucking flag system. It ruins the whole flag thing which used to be brilliant.

>The flags added greatly to the richness of /pol/, and added whole new dimensions to the threads and discussions. These new flags are fucking retarded. Are they meant to add to the userbase? Are they meant to attract elementary school kids who want to pretend to be nazis and pirates? Seriously, what the fuck? That's the only type of thing they would accomplish. An absolutely great thing was turned into something that would attract 11 year old kids. It's not only useless but takes away from the extra dimensions. that the flags added.

>I thought they would be gone by now, but no, the stupid things are still here even though the strawpoll showed that vast majority of people don't want them, they only want it like it was with the original country flags.

>PLEASE do something about this travesty.
>>
Also, some comments from last night:

>all the geoflags did was encourage people to make the same four shitty meme posts about countries ad nauseum.

That's total bullshit, the geoflags were wholly responsible for fostering countless entire threads and discussions. And it adds richness knowing how people typically post and how they think depending on the region they are from.
>>
>The geoflags did cause some problems, but it also gave an important context to a persons opinion. Opinions and responses to current events are different depending on the ways that you're affected, and the geoflags were relevant due to this boards focus on international events and politics
>>
>I 100% agree. The last system with country flags only was great, it added so much more to the board in that it genuinely did give users a feel of what the general attitude was on the right of each country. People complain that it created memes (a roach, a fucking leaf etc) but these will be the same people who tell you stereotypes don't exist, when they actually do, and they form for a very good reason--that enough people have noticed the same trend over and over.
>I can understand that it may be frustrating if you are an Indian to get a lot of poo in loo comments, (and these are the only ones that I think are stupid, as they're not cultural, so I can understand the annoyance to some extent) but just ignore them and read the sensible ones. You will still get the same number of sensible responses as anyone else; you'll just also get some that are from people that wouldn't have posted a comment but just thought they'd be 'funny'. To take away a key component of /pol/ just because of a few cry babies is the exact opposite of the type of thing this board stands for--it is anti /pol/

>Tl;dr just grow up and ignore the stupid comments, don't expect daddy 4chan to disguise you to help censor and block peoples' reaction to you. It's like the fucking snowflake left.
>>
it does really hurt the site when I have to ignore those newflags tho,it basically destroys any chance of conversation because you automatically think the new flag is a shill.
>>
Stop trying to express your identity through your stupid flag like some kind of teenager dressing to show their ideological allegiances. This is /pol/, and you should be using your words and arguments to express yourself. It's so pathetic that some people see this stupid flag option and think 'oh look, a chance to show people my political pronouns'.
>>
>I think the only people that like it are posters from Sweden, India, and other international laughing stocks. Right now there are weak-minded fags hiding their pathetic nationality instead of just nutting up and facing the fire.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.