[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debate Heats Up Over Teaching Climate Change In Schools

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 436.png (495KB, 960x500px) Image search: [Google]
436.png
495KB, 960x500px
Should public school students be force-fed man-made climate change bologna?
>>
>>130701195

They've been teaching it for decades which is their problem. All of us heard about how the world was going to end in 15 years if we didnt do anything. Now we did nothing 15 years passed and the worse isnt worse off. Now people dont believe them.

I had to learn about this is Chemistry in high school. Had to watch a video on nuclear Armageddon also.
>>
>>130701414
And the weirdest thing is they never mention the roman or medieval warming periods.
>>
>>130701414

The world has changed in 15 years. You're too ignorant to research it. You probably live in America. A nation with enough resources to put in place things like flood barriers, hydroponic systems and other combative tools and yet still you suffered effects such as Hurricane Katrina, the california drought, and uncontained wildfires all across the Midwest.

Now imagine living in a country without the resources to contain those things.
>>
>>130701561

They do and explain them. But you don't listen and wave it away as "FAKE NEWS" or "but why monkeys tho."

You're literally just too dumb or lazy to understand a scientific concept and yet feel smug for it.
>>
1. You guys realised it got COLDER in the middle ages and 2. Climate change is real.
>>
>>130701802
Do you have evidence that droughts are happening at a higher frequency than the historical average? California just had a couple years of exceptionally heavy rainfall and snow, which has replenished the water tables. Because not even the sea level rise is exceedingly fast compared to the rate at which it has been rising for the past millennia.
>>
Also climate change can cause cold due to the suns rays not getting though to the earth as easily.
>>
>>130701414
>My school district is the entire country

I really don't remember much about climate change/global warming in my K-12 education. I think there was a small week of passingly mentioning it in eighth grade, but it wasn't much. There certainly weren't any videos shown, or any prolonged teaching of it; we spent more time on just the planet Venus than it.
>>
They should be taught about the debate, as with every contravertial topic. They should bring in a proponent for each side and let them speek. If the teacher is every caught interjecting her own opinions, she is shot on site.
>>
>>130701802

Katrina happened because #1 we fucked the wetlands around the coast for oil barges to travel through and #2 people ignored the warnings. The damage from that hurricane could have been predicted.

The point is scientists cant predict any changes because most of the changes are not caused by us. We only contribute some smaller portion. That is why when they predict the downfall of polar bears the caps and other shit it can very easily go the other direction.

They are not representing their data honestly pretending they know more then they do. And its not even the scientists just the industry built around hyping climate change.
>>
>>130703104

Chemistry is high school. They should keep away from the kids. Is that what this article is about? Teaching it to younger kids so they are more susceptible to propaganda.
>>
>>130702630

>climate change is whatever happens. Whatever happens is our fault and you need to do what we say. Ignore the fact that we know so little about this science that we cannot accurately predict shit.

Climate change is real. All this shit in the media is a scam to control you though.
>>
>>130701195
DA THIENCE IS THETTLED!!!! REEEEEE!!! RAISING TAXES WILL SAVE THE WORLD!
>>
>>130701994
The famous "Idiot Mick" strikes again!
>>
File: IMG_1320.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1320.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
Teach them the Fine Bros controversy.

Then say climate change is the same thing except they want to create a C02 St carbon credit trading exchange to distribute a percent of your power bill to some new york jews for doing nothing.
>>
>>130701802
None of which are linked to "global warming". Not a single causative study has been produced. If pit bull attacks increase this year I can blame the climate, and be just as believable as your examples.
>>
File: 1492887415068.jpg (332KB, 2067x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1492887415068.jpg
332KB, 2067x1400px
>>130701195
TEACH THE CONTROVERSY

CREATIONISM NOT EVOLUTION
ASTROLOGY NOT ASTRONOMY
SUN GOES ROUND THE EARTH NOT HELIOCENTRISM
FLAT EARTH THEORIES NOT GLOBE THEORIES
9/11 INSIDE JOB? MOON LANDINGS REAL OR FAKE?
GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH? YES IT IS
DID MUHAMMED HAVE A FLYING HORSE? NO, JESUS BROUGHT EVERYONE BACK FROM DEAD THO
ALCHEMY NOT CHEMISTRY

LIBERALS JUST SCARED TO TEACH SKEPTICISM
>>
>>130701195
They should teach the science, yes, which shows there is only a correlation between c02 and planetary heating and this correlation doesn't even always apply throughout history,
>>
>>130701561
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD16nCsvjqs
>>
File: Climate change charts.png (2MB, 2898x2226px) Image search: [Google]
Climate change charts.png
2MB, 2898x2226px
>>130705556
>forces use of their models and """anomaly""" graphs instead of actual measured observations
>speculates the medieval warming period happened partially for reasons that could have also been applied to time periods where warming like the MWP did not occur
>>
They should teach the sciences, the maths, the orthography...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>130706811
I wish you'd stop posting that collage of misinformation.
>CO2 lags temperature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHozjOYHQdE
>No increase in intensity of storms
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/ClimateStorms/page2.php
>Al Gore
>Not a scientist

>Cherry picking greenland

>forces use of their models and """anomaly""" graphs instead of actual measured observations
What?
You've literally addressed nothing from the video. You've just put your fingers in your ears and said nuh uh.
>>
>>130701802
>wildfires in the Midwest
We stop them, debris builds up instead of burning naturally, and fires happen again.
>drought in California
It's always like this, why do you think they've drained lakes?
>>
>>130701414
This. I remember my teacher being eh about it all and our class thinking he was an old man out of touch. 20yrs later and we realise he was right. This shit has been in schools for decades and the debate now isnt whether or not they should continue, its probably whether or not they should start teaching us how to use sticks and stone for tools because thats where we are headed once green policies are in place.
>>
>>130703997
This. Climate is changing and no person thinks it doesnt. The issue is using this as the big scare tactic to impose massive taxes on the people, cripple industry and increase governmental control as they creep towards taxing you based on how much air you breathe out.

It was never about whether or not its real but rather why we should allow governments to cripple us with ridiculous wealth redistribution programs because something they cant prove was meant to happen 10yrs ago.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.