[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLM Speetch

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: istBng1I.png (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
istBng1I.png
12KB, 256x256px
I need to do a small speech under the loose topic of racism tomorrow. Will this get me stabbed? I need to do something. Is this complete shit or should I re-write it and think of something else to focus on?
Title: A white male perspective on race politics in the United states

Talking about race is like playing with explosives. Talking about race as a white male is like playing with explosives whilst holding a burning match.

I know that whatever I say is sure to upset somebody no mater how carefully I think I'm being. so I'm just going to speak and use words in a way that comes naturally to me. This will probably be interpreted as racism by some and they may be right. But from a white male perspective of ignorance this is the perspective I hold.

Black people need to get their shit together.

“uproar and heckling from audience”

I know, I know, but just listen to me.

The narrative I so often hear from “people of color” is about oppression from a white ruling class. The white male. How the white system intrinsicly favours the white male and how it needs to be changed to give equal opportunity to everyone. How people of color are trapped within a white system.

I can understand that. Or at least I think I understand that. Everyone SHOULD be given equal opportunity.

But what I see is people of color looking up to a white authority. People of color looking up to a white authority asking for rights. asking for equality within this “white” system. Asking a white authority to hand down its power.
>>
pt2

But why ask?

Isn't the most effective way to change a system to change it from the inside? Instead of asking a system to change itself to accommodate you. Why not change it yourself? Become part of the system and mould it into what you want it to be.

For example, If the courts are biased against people of color, become lawyers. Become judges. Become politicians. Become the people who create the laws and create the laws that are fair. Create the systems that arent biased against you. First you become part of the system and then once you are inside you mould it and change it.

But you need to accept the responsibility for yourselves.

You need to stop looking at white people as an authority and stop looking at yourselves as an inferiority.

You need to stop asking the world to change itself for you and make the effort to change it yourselves.
>>
File: 1497715729564.jpg (157KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497715729564.jpg
157KB, 791x1024px
>>130688346
tell them that black isnt a color therefore they are not people of color
>>
>>130688666

I don't know if ranting about Jews will go down so well to be honest.
>>
>>130689455
why are you giving a speech school ? university ?
>>
>>130690808

Extra curricular discussion group in University.
>>
To be honest I'm going to do something else probably. It doesn't even need to be a speech. A short statement would be adequate.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.