[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Alt-Right Orwellian?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1492011555641.jpg (123KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492011555641.jpg
123KB, 450x300px
Now, for a while now the alt-right red-pill anti-sjw anti-feminist sargonite crowd (I know, different labels but many of those people are the same and all of them suffer from the same issue that I will discuss) used quite extensively the term "Orwellian" to describe PC or basically any other ideology that they do not like, and the thing is that not only do they use the term in an incorrect manner but also they themselves do the same things that they claim the PC people do.

So first of all, I'll begin with the fact that they accuse the left-wing of being Orwellian- now, you can say many things about PC but I don't think that they fall under that definition at all, Orwell warned us from the removal of words and giving them multiple, often contradictory meanings to alter the people's mindset: such as: Ignorance is Strength. If, let's say, you can no longer use the word "Ignorance" and basically you will call people who are ignorant "strong" and you'll also refer to people who really are strong as "strong", you might begin to associate the two, thus it changes your mindset: Strength means Ignorance.
On the other hand, political correctness and sjw, although you may criticize them for their tactics and overall approach that lacks context but they do not do that- they in fact typically add new words to, for example, for new ways to people to describe themselves with greater nuance. It does not alter the mindset of people, it merely advises (Or rather, commands) people to use non-offensive language to describe people and even creates several words with the same meaning but with different connotation. So that's nearly the opposite of Orwellian.

But the alt crowd actually are Orwellian themselves, not in the fact that they use the term wrong but in many other ways.
>>
they're too stupid to read Orwell
>>
File: 1446213967637.png (34KB, 165x168px) Image search: [Google]
1446213967637.png
34KB, 165x168px
Let's begin with "Cultural Marxism": So basically they take an ideology that supports equality, in this case Marxism- an ideology that is directly opposed to Capitalism and basically say that Marxism is actually Neoliberal Capitalism itself- it seeks to end capitalist hegemony but is actually the capitalist hegemony, in the Cold War, the West defeated the Marxists but the West is Marxist, they basically make the weird association that Marxism actually opposes equality and cultural Marxism is meant to also destroy the civilization that is well, controlled by the Marxists. Basically the Alt crowd says that all side are both Marxist and Neoliberal and Neocon at the same time.
They did the same with Feminism, they take people who speak for gender equality, they are feminists, it will then continue by spreading a conspiracy theory that the gender equality is actually gender inequality, it is a Matriarchy thus: Equality is inequality. And when they create the mindset that equality is actually inequality against them then the obvious choice would be: to oppose equality.

Another thing that they do is that they completely "oppose identity politics", so basically they continue by being all about identity politics, except for While Males. So they say that opposing identity politics is white identity politics.
Basically, they scramble the definitions so hard that they become devoid of any specific meaning and by now, many of those definitions hold contradictory meanings to them; everything can be twisted like that.
War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Marxism is Capitalism
Equality is Inequality

So what do you think?

Do you agree that the alt crowd are basically Orwellian themselves?

If not, why?
>>
>>130669982
>(((divide and conquer)))
>>
>>130670069
Maybe they don't but this is about their actions and beliefs.
>>
>>130669982
I think being Orwellian actually requires a certain amount of smarts.
>>
>>130670353
this happened before in the 70s. it's an in real life slide thread to divert attention from the real problems.
>>
>>130670577
Wait what?
>>
>>130670577
What's being slid exactly?
>>
>asian girl
>wearing a school uniform
>drinking from a cup with 'white tears' written on it

That's semen, isn't it?
>>
File: stasi.jpg (226KB, 919x788px) Image search: [Google]
stasi.jpg
226KB, 919x788px
>>130669982
https://youtu.be/aG1Jd3PF-JU
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.