[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAGAN THREAD - MIDSUMMER APPROACHES

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 70

File: Freyr.jpg (131KB, 500x713px) Image search: [Google]
Freyr.jpg
131KB, 500x713px
How are you celebrating the Midsummer festival this weekend, /pol/?

I'm going to a country concert with some friends and hoping to make Freyr proud with some fertility. Bringing a maypole along with stump to the tailgate. I did it last year and strangers complimented the maypole although not really knowing what it was, and played a round of stump with us before the concert. Hoping these things return to the mainstream. Happy Tyrsday to all.
>>
>>130656702
Wavering Christian who feels drawn to the Germanic traditions here, how does one celebrate midsummer?
>>
>>130656702

Tell me, why is it better to align with your cult - which is dead for more than a thousand years already - than it is to follow christianity which - as cucked as it curently is, but - has saved Europe time and time again ?

No troll question.

>inb4 ancestors
Nope, they were Christians for at least 8 generations.
Not even shitting on your thing, but it objectively will never be able to unite mainland Europe (and Russia) in order to overcome our modern day plagues. Infact there are so few "pagans" and the only ones that I actually witness in real life are those turbo-degenerates that use paganism as an excuse for limitless hedonism (as well as "satanist" faglords).

I guess what I don't see is, why wouldn't you go about and craft a more European christianity (which already is massively European anyway these days, as you should know), or shall I say: pro-European christianity, than trying to revive some ancient cults which you factually can't follow to the full anyway, because I'm sure human sacrifice is not allowed and pretty sure most of their adherents are too pussified to actually sacrifice animals.
>>
>>130659029
Good luck, the only legitimate forms of Christianity either claim themselves to be unchanging (Eastern/Oriental Orthodox) or are so turbocucked that nothing can be done (RCC). Protties are just Jews larping as Christians.
>>
>>130658609
Go wild camping
>>
>>130659029
>craft a more European christianity

Because it's a fairy tale.

So are pagan religions, of course...
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
>>130659428
Define wild camping? Just off trail you mean? I do have a decent sized forest nearby, sounds fun
>>
>>130659029
Where were Christians when eastern Europe was under Ottoman control? Oh yes, they were busy killing each other over being Protestants or Catholics.

Christianity is completely divisive. I think it's naive to assume many people will return to Paganism soon, but I think that taking interest in Paganism is a good thing, not only to rediscover a heritage but also to connect further with nature and to cease viewing this world with contempt and as a test as many Christians do.
>>
>>130659445
In actual Paganism you are aware that certain things are myths or metaphors. For example, the idea of Valhalla isn't meant to be literal, but it's a metaphor for rebirth & reincarnation.
>>
>>130659029
>why wouldn't you go about and craft a more European christianity
Because you can't separate Christ from the Torah. You fucking kikes will never learn.
>>
>>130659259

I see. But the orthodox church (at least the russian/eastern European patriarchates) seem to be pretty conservative - also regarding immigration. And as it seems to me, the orthodox church is well willing to change to quite pro-russian (or -nationality) policies in countries like Germany, as soon as the laws allow it. On the other hand, there's no German orthodoxy so that is for sure a big problem. But the orthodox church encourages patriotism and the likes afaik. Though I'm nothing more than a sideline viewer. [note: I'm not a christian either, I'm just annoyed by the christian/pagan bait threads on /pol/ and try to spark actual discussion]
So, then do you understand paganism as "fuck it I'm doing my own thing" ? I can understand where that's coming from. But if that'd be the case, it would be quite defeatist, no ?
After all European history is (at least for 1500 years) christian history and I don't see that the wish to reversal (which is quite radical and I guess only some Varg-esque retards would call for that) would benefit anyone in any way. And it won't happen anyway, let's be serious.

I think I forgot what I actually wanted to answer, sorry.
>>
>>130656702
Dude it's winter
>>
>>130659679
Pretty much. As long as it's not on a campsite it's wild camping. Much better as you can use the wood around you and do things like carving/ starting fires etc.
>>
>>130658609
Have a giant fucking bonfire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DTTzlAnJbU
>>
>>130659765
White people don't need some LARPy, re-constructioned Norse paganism. It will never catch on.

What we need is a legitimate spirituality that's based in reality.
>>
>>130659940

>you fucking kikes

I'm fucking asking a question. If you have nothing of value to add gtfo faggot for fucks sake. Suck some dick of your israeli overlords. checkmate atheists

>>130659445

Well yeah might be, might not. But what's more important is, how you achieve to gather people for a cause and keep them bound after the task is done. Religions and cults are certainly quite a good method to do that. Which is why I was wondering about something like positive christianity.
I mean especially when you think it's just a fairs tale, you could like twist the thing in your favor if you know what I mean.

>>130659765

Oh yes, taking the interest and learning about it is absolutely a good thing. That's not my point. I just don't see that - taking into account all the local differences etc., that it's going to actually help the cause rather than make the people behave the same as christians do at the moment.
>>
>>130659970
>do you understand paganism as "fuck it I'm doing my own thing"?

Not as such, no. To hazard an analogy, I'd view it as a sort of factory reset. Christianity, to follow this example, was at one time a semi-decent operating system, but it's intrinsic flaws have proven it's unsuitability.
I'm not a fan of Varg and I don't get why people idolize him, I'm also 90% certain he's gone senile at this point.
>>
>>130659970
The Orthodox Church is cucky af and degenerate in it's own way. Ask any Russian.

All the actual Russian diaspora I know are very conservative, except the one's who take the church seriously. Those fuckers always vote Democrat and are generally libshits.
>>
File: 1496460558758.png (53KB, 213x313px) Image search: [Google]
1496460558758.png
53KB, 213x313px
>>130656702
>favourite genre is also heavy metal
Fuck mate you're just embarrassing yourself at this point
>>
>>130660526

Ah I see. Yeah this, in itself, is a desirable thing in my opinion, too [as in your analogy].
But then comes the problem I'd see: As the paganist beliefs are nothing "standardized" so to speak, it can basically be used for everything - just as protestant christianity. Basically you can see that already. Look at wiccans, druid-revivalists, those people mixing buddhism and odinism and the like. They're not only (mostly, not to shit on all people lel) inherently weak, they use their weakness and pseudo-religions as excuse for horrific shit and carelessness towards societal problems, because they emphazise "the good in every being" and idiocy like that.
That being said, I guess there won't be one definitive way. I mean looking at for example the odinism of Stephen McNallen, it's quite an ok-ish thing itself as they promote those virtues as courage and strength etc.. But that seems more like "advanced traditionalism" if you know what I mean - with some LARP included.
On the other hand, christians have their rituals, too, so why would I shit on the pagans celebrating yule.
>>
File: perun.jpg (96KB, 411x640px) Image search: [Google]
perun.jpg
96KB, 411x640px
>>130656702
fucking cheap 16yo whores
>>
>>130660421
>I'm fucking asking a question.
I told you. You can't "craft a European christianity" when it's based on jewish Saturn worship. You can't uncouple the OT and the NT.

If you follow the god of the Torah, you're a jew in spirit.
>>
>>130656702
There's a festival this weekend? Where? Is there beer?

Not really religious but I'd hang with you guys if you had some good alcohol or good music or both
>>
File: pagan pride world wide.jpg (90KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
pagan pride world wide.jpg
90KB, 500x669px
>>
>>130659765
>taking interest in Paganism is a good thing, not only to rediscover a heritage but also to connect further with nature and to cease viewing this world with contempt

I think this is the key point of the movement and this should be enough for anyone. Many people are labelled as Christian, but they do not go to church weekly, nor do they believe in creationism, but they live their lives by a set of values and morals taught by the stories from the bible. We do not need to sacrifice animals or people to live our lives based on Pagan mythology.

Romanticism was a reaction to expanding urban areas during the industrial revolution. People started fantasizing about reconnecting with nature, escapism and turning away from aristocratic social and political norms of the Age of Enlightenment. I do not see why it would be unreasonable in the eyes of some for native Europeans to turn back to an old faith and set of guidelines as a direct reaction of ongoing political and social change in our societies.
>>
>>130660568

Oh are they ? Honestly, I didn't expect that. I know a priest who isn't. Deducted from that that all of them are like that.
My fault :s

I guess in the end it comes down following "the right" virtues rather than a holy book as a whole. I'd be interested in what actual theologians would think about that. I mean I'm pretty sure they see the problems, too. Priests see the problems and I'd think that - provided they aren't taking part in causing these - they'd like to see the utter weakness being fixed.
But on the other hand, biblical texts are so old and have been altered so often that I'm pretty sure if they follow it [as in: the "modern versions"/translated] rather than it's original writings in original language, they'd give their ass away.
Anyway, hard to say as I'm no theologian or even part of that religion.
>>
>>130661270
Standization is there to an extent to my understanding, one merely needs to be willing to do the research. While the Indo-European faiths are slightly different between themselves, they share a common ancestor and many practices. We have good records of the Cultus Deorum Romanorum as well as Hiduism still being around, albeit in a corrupted form. As for larp, it's my personal belief that humans require a certain level of ritual to function properly, what with out intrinsic ability to see patterns in everything, as well as ritual being apart of daily life even outside of religion.
>>
File: 1497568454212.png (184KB, 663x705px) Image search: [Google]
1497568454212.png
184KB, 663x705px
>>
File: pagan pol poster.jpg (115KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
pagan pol poster.jpg
115KB, 550x825px
>>
>>130660356
How is Paganism less based in reality when it purposes the idea of reincarnation?

Abrahamic religions are not based in reality whatsoever. You somehow have to believe you get transported into another dimension where there is a heaven after you die, and that's only if you follow some rules that no one can really decide on anyway, but many of which breed weakness and a self destructive personality, eg. pacifism and 'love thy neighbour'.

Paganism is not LARPing if you are making a real effort to connect with nature and understand your ancestors from many, many generations ago.
>>
>>130660356
That said, I do agree it will never catch on with the world as it is. But that's like saying that anti immigrant sentiment will never catch on. At the very least you can hope that people will awaken somewhat.
>>
File: pagan gathering.png (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
pagan gathering.png
2MB, 960x720px
>>
>>130659880
No it's not. People back then believed in a literal valhalla. You can't say it was meant as a metaphor, only that that's what you think now.
>>
File: IE Gods.png (144KB, 940x1429px) Image search: [Google]
IE Gods.png
144KB, 940x1429px
>>130656702
I'll be in France, with many friends from the biggest (right wing obviously) pagan community here. Stake, torches, prayers, traditional songs and dances, lots of meat, beer and mead. Wish you all a nice midsummer.
>>
File: JOninės-tumblr.com-nuotr..jpg (120KB, 460x306px) Image search: [Google]
JOninės-tumblr.com-nuotr..jpg
120KB, 460x306px
Midsummer fest is purly pagan thing yet chuch does St Jones day same day, cunts always liked to assimilate.
>>
>>130660421
>Oh yes, taking the interest and learning about it is absolutely a good thing. That's not my point. I just don't see that - taking into account all the local differences etc., that it's going to actually help the cause rather than make the people behave the same as christians do at the moment.
I agree it wont help expand the cause at the moment. However, it should be the ultimate goal to get people to reject Christianity and investigate other alternatives, such as Paganism. The idea of reincarnation gives you more of a vested interest in this world than Christianity, so ultimately it would be a better religion for the European people.

Therefore, we should push to getting as many on board as possible who are against what is happening in Europe, including Christians and Atheists, but try and change their opinion over time. I disagree with some people in this discussion who cry 'kike' at Christians, since that will obviously alienate them and do no good. It'll be a slow process but it could be possible. Just look at the spread of Atheism over the last two hundred years, is it so absurd that something like that could happen with Paganism as well?
>>
File: dolph.jpg (130KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dolph.jpg
130KB, 1000x1000px
>>130656702

>Degenerate burger neckbeard faggot
>Claims the faith of my ancestors
>Uses Americanized spelling of the deities name

Hang yourself, burger
>>
>>130661742

Well yeah you're right. I should've been more precisely. What I meant was more about the "interpretations" if you will. As in: One takes "strength" and makes it some white-race-thing. And the other takes it and makes something twisted, christian-like, of it like you're-strong-when-you're-humble-towards-ANYONE. Though that comparison is a bit silly, I think it shows quite good what I mean.
I mean I despise this kind of "tell me what to think"-thing. But on the other hand, most people need it, because after indoctrination from school and media and such, they take everything as excuse for weakness.
I think there's quite a good vid I've seen some weeks ago where it goes (I think) about Nietzsche and his criticism of christianity for absolutely encouraging mediocrity instead of people that impersonate "Strength" or "Being the absolutely Best [as something]". And I can quite see his point.

I guess that's where christianiy's gone wrong.

>humans require a certain level of ritual to function properly

Yeah I agree. That goes for "normal" as well as "spiritual" life. To mention Lavey (yeah yeah I know, but he was right on that one): He said that the ritual is there for focus - to release excess emotion in a controlled manner if you will. And I think that's absolutely right, as well as necessary.
>>
>>130659029
Christianity never saved Europe; white people did. Whites succeeded despite Christianity, not because of it
>>
>>130656702
So I've been practicing chaos magic for over 7 years and every single person I see in these pagan threads is a complete retard. So are most christians. Just letting you know that you're no different from the christians. I wish Europe could become pagan but it will never happen in this reality.
>>
>>130662052
>it purposes the idea of reincarnation?
That's the point I attempted to make. You will never get people to worship Odin again as an actual deity, but you CAN make people believe in reincarnation.

That one thing alone would radically change society. Atheistic, cucky values can't exist if life doesn't end at physical death.
>>
>>130660350
Fuck that looks fun
>>
>>130662826
This. Christianity is nothing but a varnish, and even had to copy many pagan rites or myths to be accepted. All the great deeds it achieved came from the people, not the faith.
>>
>>130662646

Guess you're right. Also when it comes to calling christians kikes and shit. As I've written earlier in this thread, no matter if >>130662826 (which I would agree upon I guess, though I think the religious thing definitely played a role), European history is something based - if not on the religion itself, then - on people "doing it for god" - as in: general cultural, music, literature, architecture, art and so on.

So I'm pretty sure to erase the modern "weakling-christianity"-influence a slow process is needed, because otherwise the people'd just scare right off at sight.
ONE THE OTHER HAND .... it's like we had infinite time. Not that "it's over" in the next 20 years or so .. but I wouldn't bet on 100 years to come before SHTF [in which way ever].
>>
>>130663607

not like*
>>
File: Uusiutumaton luonnonvara.jpg (557KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Uusiutumaton luonnonvara.jpg
557KB, 1920x1275px
That feel when friendless NEET and nobody to spend Midsummer with. Feels fucking bad man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2tinqjEfqw
>>
File: 1485424072828.jpg (88KB, 640x654px) Image search: [Google]
1485424072828.jpg
88KB, 640x654px
>>130661228
>He doesn't know christianity in Europe is still paganism to the core only with christian names and symbols
>>
>>130661404
Religion shouldn't be subordinate to ideology. The only thing you show with this kind of hit is that you're spriritually shallow
>>
>>130663076
Paganism is the only thing that actually matches up correctly with whites. Christianity was made by Jews - it isn't white and doesn't match the white psyche. For a religion to be successful for whites it must be developed by whites
>>
>>130662817
Ah, I see now, as far as interpretations, there's no "right" way without a centralized authority, beyond what we can glean from historical research. Err on the side of most theological questions having been answered in the past and thank the Romans for being fastidious record keepers.

>he said that ritual is there for focus - to release excess emotion
Personal feelings about Lavey aside, that seems essentially correct, yes.
>>
File: 1395024097272.jpg (25KB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
1395024097272.jpg
25KB, 300x232px
>>130663910
>>
File: Bålet.jpg (451KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
Bålet.jpg
451KB, 2048x1365px
>>130658609
>gather wood
>pile it all up
>put witch on top of pile
>burn it
>drink and feast
>keep the fire going for the entire night (sun disappear for about 2-3 hour during northern summers)

That is the old danish tradition. Today we just burn a figure of a witch since we are no longer that barbaric.
There is also song and other folk stuff.
>>
File: Pagans.png (410KB, 500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Pagans.png
410KB, 500x1500px
>>
>>130661404
>..404
>what did he mean by this

lel

I see where you're coming from. BUT as far as I know Jesus was supposed to be the jewish messiah that the prophecies of the OT would talk about ... which the jews rejected and had him killed [provided it's true .. but there's at least evidence about Jesus being crucified, so there's that]. Which led them to hating the newly induced cult of him.

But I'm no expert on that matter, maybe a christian could elude us.

But anyway. What if you - as cultures did before christianity - take a religion - the christian one in that case - maybe rename it, and throw all the faggy things out ? Would that be a thing ? Though I fear you'd end up with some expansionist degeneracy like islam then.
>>
File: 1497393438437.png (369KB, 583x584px) Image search: [Google]
1497393438437.png
369KB, 583x584px
>>
File: Paganism.png (2MB, 1600x1279px) Image search: [Google]
Paganism.png
2MB, 1600x1279px
>>
File: hug.png (45KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
hug.png
45KB, 500x345px
>>130664024
Thank you.
>>
>>130663953
>refuse to follow a god that demands circumcision as covenant
>spiritually hollow
Religion should be based on spiritual reality, which the Bible is not. It's jewish masturbation and auto-fellatio.

But go on and tell me how I should just try to *feel* the holy spirit.
>>
File: 29683.jpg (74KB, 370x550px) Image search: [Google]
29683.jpg
74KB, 370x550px
>>130664030
What do you do on April 30th, Valborg?
That's when we make a pile of wood and burn it
On midsummer we dance around the midsommarstång, sing songs, eat and drink
>>
File: 1497085750030.jpg (45KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497085750030.jpg
45KB, 720x720px
>>130664395
christianity is based on spiritual reality. more so than paganism
>>
>>130664019

Well, I've read about Germanic paganism but I gotta admit I don't know anything about others like the Roman/Greek or the some Slavic systems beside a tiny bit I've learned 100 years ago in school. The differences aren't too rampant, I'd guess - at least on the surface.

Anyway, guess it's time for me to dive into research about some actual cults [as in: national specialties if you will].
Can you, or anyone here for that matter, recommend sources on the Hellenistic and Roman systems ? Because I've got plenty on Germanic paganism (and myths) in form of Eddas, Heimskringla, among others.
>>
>>130656702
go dance around a bonfire like a bunch of godamn freaks.
>>
File: 24362.jpg (98KB, 365x550px) Image search: [Google]
24362.jpg
98KB, 365x550px
>>130664976
I gotchu senpai
mega.nz/#F!MahAVQYR!M7fBxWWNIYh9fevOFHL7WQ
>>
>>130664665
Lel go look for your red heifer then chaim.

The OT is chock full of obvious jewish bullshit like the Book of Daniel, which is clearly just kikes claiming "we wuz wizards and sheiit". I don't know how you can believe it.
>>
File: 1497704303450.jpg (19KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1497704303450.jpg
19KB, 448x252px
>>130656702

-going friends cottage.
-make massive bonfire and burn car tires.
-blast TILULILU heavy 4 days straight.
-be plastered.
-eat only half burned grill sausages.
>>
>>130664976
http://www.novaroma.org/nr/Cultus_deorum_Romanorum

Remember the old Gods are mostly the same with different names between pantheons, there's a ton of overlap.
>>
>>130664563
nothing anymore unfortunately. About 150 years ago our king thought the workers had too many excuses to not work because of holidays and shit. So he combined a lot of the midsummer traditions into one.
So when we make the pyre and burn the magic user and the evil spirits away we also celebrate the harvest (midsommer festen).
Originally we also had a third tradition with another pyre which was lit for an entire day. It was to give fire to the sun to keep it burning and keep the winter away.
Never been to a Swedish midsommer fest but looks cozy as fuck.
>>
File: Midsummer bonfire.jpg (155KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Midsummer bonfire.jpg
155KB, 1280x960px
>>130664030
>>130664563
Finnish tradition is to have bonfire for midsummer and easter (mainly in ostrobothnia?). Apparently it was also tradition during walpurgis according to wikipedia, but that has been replaced by other traditions.

Traditions for midsummer also include
>going to sauna
>doing magic
>flowers and birch trees
>getting drunk
>running around naked
>>
>>130664395
>It's jewish masturbation and auto-fellatio
Which is why it shows their ancestors and birth-right stealing, adulterous, lying, sibling-selling, scoundrels and fallen-from-grace kings?

The old testament is very unique in its honest treatment of its kings.
>>
>>130665446
>>130664976
See pic here >>130662300

Mostly same attributes, functions and rites, because of the same origin.
>>
>>130656702
>>130663798
>>
>>130664191
In Russia, everyone mocks that Orthodox priest.
In the West, you dig up our most resented images, like that one, and praise them.
>>
>>130665711
Still trying to figure out the Germanic form of Asclepius, though I'm happy to use the Roman rites related to him if need be.
>>
>>130665186

Wew thanks alot sverige bruh.

>>130665446
>>130665711

Thank you
>>
>>130661643
>he thinks wicca, a religion created in the 20th century, has anything at all to do with the actual beliefs and traditions of our ancestors.

Excellent meme.
>>
>celebrate midsummer
>accidentally summon yellowstone chan
>by fire be purged
>>
>>130656702
Why the fuck are americans LARPing nordic traditions?
>>
Something in me wants to identify as pagan but it's mainly just that I like the roleplaying aspect of it.
>>
File: Värmland.jpg (434KB, 1155x811px) Image search: [Google]
Värmland.jpg
434KB, 1155x811px
>>130666111
Nice digits
Maybe they have Nordic heritage
>>
>>130665658
>its honest treatment of its kings.
No way you can come to that conclusion with an honest reading of the OT. It's self-praising and fictional to the extreme and any fuckups are usually mean to display the consequences of striving away from YHVH.

The entire history of Exodus and the early years of Israel is entirely fictional for example.
>>
>>130656702
>MIDSUMMER APPROACHES
mid summer? dude summer only start tomorrow. Just what level of retardation are you on?
>>
>>130656702
>>130658609
>>130659029
pagan rulers, ( not the catholics ) christian people. We can be alright, as long as you read and teach king james as bible.
>>
>>130659940
kikes dont even believe in the torah you shill
>>
>>130656702
TELL ME WHERE TO FIND A BOOK OR A COMMUNITY OR FUCKING SOMETHING ON HOW TO ACTUALLY DO MY SPIRITUALITY. I TRIED LE REDDIT PAGANISM BUT IT WAS FULL OF KEKS/LEFTISTS AND MIDDLE AGED HIPPIE WITCHES AS I EXPECTED IT TO BE
>>
>>130666111
Because there's just a handful of poems and artifacts from the continent and England compared to Iceland. Why are you so butthurt?
>>
i'll hike up a small hill nearby with wife and kids tomorrow afternoon. we'll make a fire and make bbq in the forest, lamm racks and traditional swiss sausages. kids can't wait, we'll make a small sacrifice in the late afternoon, kids are looking forward to it like crazy. they don't have to go school on thursday because it's gonna be late. midsummer is awesome.
>>
>>130656702
Embarrassing. Stop LARPing and accept Jesus and start living as a true Christian.
>>
>>130660568
That's a lie, 90℅ of all Orthodox priests are borderline Nazi.
They are degenerate because they are power hungry assholes.
>>
File: 1489.jpg (133KB, 650x484px) Image search: [Google]
1489.jpg
133KB, 650x484px
>>130666491
See
>>130665186
Also this
wikipedia.org/wiki/Asatru_Folk_Assembly
>>
>>130665229
I don't know how you can believe in something that doesn't even have any concrete traditions and never had a religious institution
>>
File: Eagle3.png (1MB, 1120x738px) Image search: [Google]
Eagle3.png
1MB, 1120x738px
>>130666671
(((Slave Morality)))
Christianity deserves it's death.
>>
>>130656702
Yep.
>>
>>130666434
>kikes dont even believe in the torah you shill
t. pastor "race-mixing is kosher" anderson

Why then does the Talmud, written by the most jewwy Rabbis, say repeatedly that nothing can contradict the Torah?
>>
>>130666786
What if I live in kangaroo land in the middle of nowhere? Is there a "generic" practices of paganism anywhere.
>>
File: 1496858034265.jpg (134KB, 896x950px) Image search: [Google]
1496858034265.jpg
134KB, 896x950px
>>130666671
Im sorry but she is pagan now sweetie
>>
File: Somewhere in Dalarna.jpg (114KB, 550x379px) Image search: [Google]
Somewhere in Dalarna.jpg
114KB, 550x379px
>>130667130
Come home, white man
>>
File: 1462217528229.jpg (70KB, 840x467px) Image search: [Google]
1462217528229.jpg
70KB, 840x467px
>>130665344
>4 days straight

Don't you have a job, faggot?
>>
>>130666729
>That's a lie, 90℅ of all Orthodox priests are borderline Nazi.
Why then was Matthew Heimbach kicked right the fuck of the church when he raised even a hint of anti-semitism?
>>
>>130659029
It's because of Christianity that morality has become so needlessly linked to supernatural impetuses.
Thus, as information becomes more available people inevitably fall away from Christianity & the morals etc. which it laid undue claim to are axiomatically weakened.
Christianity has poisoned the west on a far deeper level than anything else has.
Abrahamic, monotheistic religions are the most successful act of Jewish deceit there's ever been.
>>
File: 1494876273735.png (90KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494876273735.png
90KB, 1500x1200px
>>130667154
She would never start worshipping false idols and trees
>>
File: 1497073841099.jpg (140KB, 736x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1497073841099.jpg
140KB, 736x1103px
>>130667344
Yes I do.
Public holiday you see.
>>
>>130667279
well all you linked me was a community in California which really doesn't help me in my quest. Surely varg or something has written a guide on where to start
>>
>>130667769
Friday is the only public holiday. Monday is work-day.
>>
>>130667356

>It's because of Christianity that morality has become so needlessly linked to supernatural impetuses

I absolutely agree.
>>
File: 1488747401229.png (915KB, 600x708px) Image search: [Google]
1488747401229.png
915KB, 600x708px
>>130667777
Varg would probably tell you to make your own tribe.

Start breeding.
>>
>>130667777
I'd be wary of varg personally, dude's insane.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>130667891
Starting Thursday after everyone gets out of jobs of course!
>>
>>130667933
>>130668232
well I don't know where to start and le reddit paganism has legit posts about blacks living in Europe picking up the teachings of the natives of Europe.

I literally only know of Varg and the Golden one
>>
File: Totem.jpg (34KB, 299x225px) Image search: [Google]
Totem.jpg
34KB, 299x225px
I sculpted 3 totems yesterday. This is an hommage to Perkanus and Lady Freya.

Master of the forest and Lady of the bush.
>>
I sacrificed a virgin and got arrested. Luckily I was in Swedistan so I pretended to be a muslim and charges were dropped. They even apologized and gave me 5k € and a brand new iPad.
>>
>>130668432

When will you be shoving those up your ass?
>>
>>130668379
Well if you want more youtube channels then survivethejive is obviously the best one
>https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZAENaOaceQUMd84GDc26EA
>>
>>130668432

Don't you tell us this ain't fancy dildos ! kek

Great stuff !
>>
>>130659880
You pulled this out of your ass my British friend, but this doesn't mean that we can't adopt your proposed attitude in modern times.
>>
>>130668432
haha they are ribbed for your pleasure?
>>
File: paganchan.jpg (45KB, 521x509px) Image search: [Google]
paganchan.jpg
45KB, 521x509px
>>130666671
>>130667154
Pagan-chan ditched all the KIKE stuff and found out she was a pagan all along! Christianity is 90% pagan tradition, all good in christianity is pagan, the bad 10% is what corrupts mind to weakness!

Unchain yourself!
>>
>>130668432
noice
>>
>>130668379
>I literally only know of Varg and the Golden one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGGejwE2XMM
>>
>>130656702
who here /againsttime/?
>>
>>130668432
Those are great. I've been looking to get into wood carving for a while now, found a suitable knife yesterday.

Any tips brother? Sharpening/stropping and wood quality are my biggest concerns desu
>>
>>130668379
https://www.youtube.com/user/smcnallen
>>
>>130669113
wtf is that?
>>
>>130656702
why is there no rune stone flag?
>>
What about celtic tradition/paganism? Surely the romans must have written something about it? Maybe in oral tradition? Anything?
>>
>>130669390
>https://www.youtube.com/user/smcnallen
My nigga, was about to post him.
>>
>>130669587
I might be wrong, but celtic tradition/paganism is germanic in nature.
>>
>>130670578
They're close, but you're wrong: celtic paganism does not come from Germans, but both come from Indo-Europeans. There's still important differences, although we don't know that much because all of what is preserved come for Christianized myths. If you want to learn about celtic paganism, read the irish mythology of Cú Chulainn and Tuatha dé Danann
>>
>>130666671

Like what? Refusing to lift a finger against invasion of sandniggers, like your ancestors did a few hundred years ago, because "somebody's feelings might get hurt"?
>>
>>130671346
I disagree with you, and with the indo-european theory, but I have not studied the subject enough to provide proper sources. I think celts and anglos are germanic.
>>
>>130671841

"We're all human breh"
>>
>>130658609
We bloat and hail Different God's and Goddesses! Hail Freya!!
>>
>>130668432
Do you use lube or do you put animal geese on them so they would slide in and out better.
>>
>>130671969
that's not how you greentext
>>
>>130671841
>I think celts and anglos are germanic
they are. the other guy is wrong.
>>
>>130668432
which part of the country do you live swissbro?
>>
>>130671346
so, are Cornwell's books shill books or are they based in some truth about those stories, traditions and events? Can one use them as some kind of guideline or are they pure fiction?
>>
>>130671841
>>130671841
Even without sources, can you tell me why you disagree with the indo european theory? It all adds up: geography, cultures, religion, languages... What's the problem in your eyes?

>>130672082
Anglos are, Angles and Saxons were a germanic people. But the native people of Britain are Celts, and Celts are not germanic.
>>
>>130672297
It's a really simple difference of opinion. The Aryans arrived in the near and far east, not the other way around.
>>
>>130672297
culturally and linguistically they're different, genetically not so much.
>>
File: jew pepe.png (170KB, 396x377px) Image search: [Google]
jew pepe.png
170KB, 396x377px
>>130656702
im gonna hunt muslims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tACU5aKqMIo
>>
>>130672438
Archeology, genetics and linguistic tend to disagree with you on the spreading direction, but I can agree that it's not a absolute certitude yet and you may be right. I guess we'll be sure about it in a few decades.

>>130672527
Yes, but that doesn't mean they're germanic but that they both come from the same people and are extremely close geographically, unlike, say, other indo-european people like native from Iran.
>>
>>130672821
>I guess we'll be sure about it in a few decades.
if we win
>>
We make a bonfire and celebrate stjohns Eve. Then we get roaring drunk.

T. Norwegian
>>
>>130672438
I have to add that the theory is that IE came from around the black sea, one part went to the east (Indo-Aryans [Iranians]) and the other to the west (Europeans). I was not sure you knew it since you said

>Aryans arrived in the near and far east, not the other way around

Maybe I misunderstand you on this.

>>130672948
I have no doubt we will.
>>
None of you all niggers ever seemed at all interested in discussing the ethical ramifications of having an all-seeing God. So fuck you is all I wanted said.
>>
>>130673186
I wish I could, but I'm afraid I'm not good enough in english to express myself to the level I can think in french. Also, this is your first post, why are you angry?
>>
>>130672821
you're not completeley wrong. it's a question of how define identity, ethnically or genetically. celts originated in bavaria, austria and parts of switzerland. but ethno genesis is a thing and genetic celts became culturally germanic and vice versa to a lesser degree. most of the peoplw who today identify as celts, especially scots and irish are genetically not celts at all. but it's nit picking really.
>>
>>130673328
I understand what you say, and I have to agree with it, because what you're saying is basically coming from the corded war civilisation theory if I'm not mistaking, but I just don't know why this would conflict with the Indo-European one. Actually, it's consistent with it. I would just say that they both have the same origin, but they specified to the point one became what we now call germanic and the other became what we call now celtic.
>>
>>130673019
I'm not that familiar with the IE theory, though I've read on the subject (I don't want to seem like a peasant). Care to elaborate on it, and also, I'd like to know your thoughts on Hyperborea.
>>
>>130673865
I have to go back to my place because I'm still at work right now, if you can keep the thread alive I'll be all yours in less than an hour. I'll try to write in proper english.
>>
>>130674014
sure
>>
>>130660018
>>130666364
lrn 2 tradition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midsummer
>>
>>130672078

It wasn't intended to be greentext.
>>
>>130674895
wasn't it kikeboi?
>>
>>130662675
My grandparents are from Sweden. My grandfather was mad at my mother because she didn't name me Thor. I am /fit/ and proud. Now is not the time to argue about spelling of gods names, for there are several for all of them. Every branch can be traced back to Indo-European roots regardless. Don't blow your top little dophie.
>>
>>130675133

Are you a fucking retard ? No it wasn't. Now stop arguing about non-issues - except for free bumps.
>>
>>130675319
He used quotes faggot.
>>
>>130656702
The paganism vs christianity dichotomy is a D&C idea
>>
>>130656702
Our only true religion should be EVROPA
>>
>>130675506
I didn't mention a single thing about Christianity in the post. It's usually christians that come to these type of threads looking for arguments
>>
File: Dionysos.jpg (94KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dionysos.jpg
94KB, 500x500px
>>130666671
Have you accepted Dionysos as our Lord and Saviour yet? He who is endless and circular, born two times for he died once. Son of the father Zeus and a mortal mother who died before her son saw the light of earth. He will strike down the wicked, but follow him and you will be free and never bored.
Give up your false god and emberace true love.
>>
>>130656702

>Tfw no one to celebrate summer solstice with

>>130675506

Yes, that's why this is a positive pagan thread.
>>
ITT: Profound autism.
Anyone who takes this shit seriously, kill yourselves. Now.
>>
>>130675812
thanks for the heads up schlomo

truly my greatest ally
>>
>>130675812
>chooses EU flag
say it with me, THE NEW EUROPEANS
>>
File: 1.jpg (237KB, 600x808px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
237KB, 600x808px
>>130656702
Recently burnt all my pagan shit, feels good man.
>>
>>130675812
> autism
> EU flag

hmmmmm
>>
>>130675456

IT WAS ME. Dude I swear, American education. Anyway, I didn't intend to greentext. Now stop the mimimi, you're almost behaving like liberal leftist shit
>>
>>130675936
I was using it to troll in another thread. I'm not even from Europe. And again, kill yourself.
>>
>>130675953
Killing fellow europeans as always, good to see your ways haven't changed templar larpers
>>
>>130676117
>failed trolling a thread
>comes here and fails again
good work schlomo! JDIF shekels have been deposited into your account!
>>
>>130676155
Templar larper? Christian =/= Templar fag
>>
>>130675668
Didn't mean it as an attack on you, just wanted to make a general statement.
>>
File: DSC_0039.jpg (4MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0039.jpg
4MB, 3872x2592px
Gonna light up a bonfire like last year
>>
>>130676063
>you're almost behaving like liberal leftist shit
OMG NO!!!!!!
>>
>>130656702
larp
>>
>>130676439

See ? Good thing, I saved you.!
>>
File: goodchristians.jpg (1MB, 1331x800px) Image search: [Google]
goodchristians.jpg
1MB, 1331x800px
>>130676330
> DEUS VULT
>>
>>130676520
truly my greatest ally
>>
>>130676343
I personally have mixed feelings on that subject. I do agree it helped us in the beginning to be united against the muslim invasions, but in the modern day it does the exact opposite, and continues to break down sect by sect causing massive infighting. Pagans across the land had different pantheons and worshiped different gods differently from group to group and never fought brother wars over them. They respected eachother.

Orthodoxy in my mind is really the only acceptable version of Christianity just because of what the Catholic Church has become. But conversely they are the most stubborn to work with.
>>
File: 1497546117625.png (584KB, 3385x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1497546117625.png
584KB, 3385x1072px
>>130656702
>>
>>130676658
I don't know why you assume I am fond of the Templars but I suppose it's your only argument.

Stay mad stick worshiper.
>>
>>130676330
deuce volt is a larp
>>
>>130664030
we should be burning feminists
>>
File: 123123.png (512KB, 557x768px) Image search: [Google]
123123.png
512KB, 557x768px
Only here to post this meme.
>>
File: 1491666400849.webm (219KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491666400849.webm
219KB, 960x540px
>>130676875
>has a templar flag
>doesn't get why people call him templar
>>
File: 1496633133695.png (1MB, 908x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1496633133695.png
1MB, 908x1078px
JESUS CHRIST, speaking to the Jews in the Gospel of St. John, 8:44 "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is not truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar and the father of it

This is Jesus in reference to the Jews.
>>
>>130676680
My opinion is that christianity in some ways was beneficial but also in some ways a terrible detriment. I don't want to demolish churches
or remove the whole idea, I don't feel resentful against history like Varg does. Personally, my god is the european people(and yes, USA, Australia and so on belong to this category) and all the hard work we have suffered to create the civilizations that we have.

I don't think christianity is what made us great but rather the willpower and the blood of the people. Any organized system of belief is just the cherry on top, because any organization is better than nothing.

Many people here think that we are solely here because we are christian and that we couldn't achieve it in any other way, which I don't agree with.
>>
File: 1480020345487.png (192KB, 1280x809px) Image search: [Google]
1480020345487.png
192KB, 1280x809px
>>130677512
>But Jesus replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

This is Jesus speaking about the gentiles, gentiles being dogs.
>>
>>130677712
Oh shit how do you he did not mean dogs
>>
>>130676873
Is the NEO-PANTHEON... dare I say it, /our religion/?
>>
>>130677712
Revelation 22:15

Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

I think this is what he menas by dog
>>
File: 1482877515877.png (610KB, 673x648px) Image search: [Google]
1482877515877.png
610KB, 673x648px
>>130678130
don't know what this mean
>>
>>130678607
Dogs are those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood

not Goy
>>
>>130678571
No, what he meant by dogs is that is that his message was for the jews and it is not right to give what is meant for the jews to the dogs(gentiles)
>>
>>130678868
prove it
>>
>>130673865
I'm back, let's start from the beggining. I will make short posts so I can post pics to illustrate my purpose.

You were believing, I think, that the IE theory implied the original homeland of Indo-European people were in Noth India. This is because the theory was first developped this way, when some European scholars went to India in the end of the XIXth century and realized there were a lot of similarities between our languages and the sacred indian language, Sanskrit. As an example, the word "mother" is similar in most IE languages: Mater (latin), Madar (persian), Moder (swedish), Madre (spanish), Mothina (lituanian), etc.

After they discorvered this strange relationship, they tried to understand how that could possibly be. The first idea was that sanskrit WAS the first language, and all other are derived from it. So, the logical consequence should be that the European people came from India and migrate, thousands of years ago, to the west.
>>
File: 1rpretb.jpg (650KB, 3252x2502px) Image search: [Google]
1rpretb.jpg
650KB, 3252x2502px
>>130679009
Fugg forgot the first pic :DD
>>
>>130677425
Eh, only Christian flag.
>>
File: 1415990693891.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1415990693891.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>that one autistic Christian that always comes to pagan threads to argue Christian theology
WEW
>>
>>130678921
Because he says just two lines earlier when they're talking about the woman.
>He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

He came for the jews and the rest are like dogs.
>>
>>130659679
who is this spooky sentinel?
>>
File: 1343545.png (268KB, 600x627px) Image search: [Google]
1343545.png
268KB, 600x627px
>>130668862
I don't follow anything pagan, bible is my guide
>>130671393
Jesus would have fought Muslims
>>
>>130668379
Read the eddas.
>>
File: 1497967113199.jpg (3MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1497967113199.jpg
3MB, 1920x1280px
>>130679464
>>
>>130679143
Welp, someone needs to remind you quasi-wiccans that your "traditional religious practices" were pulled out of some English faggot's ass in the mid 20th century.
>>
>>130656702

LARping FAGGOT
>>
>>130679598
Obvious Ganesha is obvious
>>
>>130679678
> United Nations flag
> Against discussion of European folklore

geeee who could it be?
>>
I'm a person who's an abrahamic monotheist. It's interesting to see polytheists in modern times. In terms of logic and reason, it makes much more sense to believe in a single, universal, eternal, creator instead of petty deities which align to non-existent borders and specific limited powers?

I NEED SOMEONE WHO'S A "POLYTHEIST PAGAN" to explain their views in terms of why they believe it's logical and reasonable to believe in multiple gods instead of one.
>>
>>130656702
We used to celebrate this every year with burning pyres, and homemade cheese and beer, but now everyone is a "modern European" who has no time for this anymore. People just whore around and get black out drunk in the cities these days instead.
>>
>>130680066
>dismiss arguments
>hurr durr ur flag
That's some somali-tier reasoning, N'k'lo!mbo.
>>
>>130656702
i want to be a pagan?

Roman/Latin pagan to be me more precise, as that is my heritage.

Someone tell me about it
>>
File: 1460681275222.png (593KB, 1185x1029px) Image search: [Google]
1460681275222.png
593KB, 1185x1029px
>>130680219
>I'm a person who's an abrahamic monotheist.
I hope you mean you are Christian. Muslims and especially Jews are blasphemous heretics.
>>
>>130680219
>petty deities
>I'm a person who's an abrahamic monotheist.
>petty deities
>>
>>130656702
hello, yes
y'all going to hell
k bye

ps: repent and accept Christ as saviour
pps: and be saved
>>
>>130659940
nothing wrong with christ he was the first anti-semite but skip the rest
>>
File: 1452011996416.png (144KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
1452011996416.png
144KB, 500x267px
>>130679074
But since then, a whole scientific field has emerged (covering linguistic, archeology, compared mythology, genetics) and the theory, although not fixed, has changed.

There 3 theories as of today.

The first is the anatolian origin of IE. This one' still talked about, but falling rapidly because most of the evidences point in another direction.

The second is the "evil nazi nordicist theory", in which IE's homeland would be the Baltic shores. This one is pretty much unexplored, because it was used in Germany NatSoc era and thus it is absolutely forbidden to talk about. I think it is interesting, especially because it is consistent with some hints we have, notably Hyperborea on which I'll expand later. Sadly, as pretty much no research is done, we can't really compare its validity to the last one.

The third and most favored theory is the Kurgan theory, the Black sea hypothesis. There is a lot of evidences pointing this to be the good one. I can go in details, but that would probably be a bit boring and you can look it up by yourself.

If this third hypothesis is true, the homeland of IE would be somewhere in the Ukrainian plains or the Pontic steppe. From there, IE would have roughly split in two groups, the European one, later divided in slavic/germanic/latin languages (and cultures thus people) and the Indo-Aryan one. The Aryan branch is about native Iranians, Iran literally meaning "land of the Aryans". Take note that "Aryan" is thought to be how IE were calling themselves, meaning "noble men". That would mean Aryans were the original IE, and thus all non mixed whites would descend, or still be in a way, Aryans.
>>
>>130680461
you might view them as blasphemous heretics but they actually are true monotheists unlike Christians who worship 3 different deities as God.
>>
>>130679950
ganesh? its a skeleton in a hooded robe with his arms crossed obviously.. like guarding the stream... hindoo in the loo please
>>
>>130679009
>sanskrit WAS the first language
i agree.
>European people came from India and migrate
here i have to disagree. we have to keep two things seperate: culture and genetics. indian culture, language and religious beliefs, were adopted by many people and spread around eurasia. the so called "first europeans" actually came, or better, are genetically related to people in central asia, kirgisistan, usbekistan etc. there was a scientific study, can't remember the name, which was searching for the genetic starting point of europeans and they found it in that region. there's also a very interesting documentary about this study. i think they took samples from about 10k people to get to that conclusion. it's pretty recent as well, i think around 2010.
>>
File: 1497634198765.png (103KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
1497634198765.png
103KB, 624x434px
>>130680408
Dunno, probably read the sources(mythology/philosophy), find yourself a household deity(Lares) would be a good start.
>>
>>130680394
Nothing you wrote had any semblance of truth in it
>>
>>130680219
>why they believe it's logical and reasonable to speak a language with multiple words in it instead of one
or
>why they believe it's logical and reasonable to eat multiple types of foods instead of one
also
>why they believe it's logical and reasonable to do many things in life instead of one
>>
File: 1318521000711.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1318521000711.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>130680999
>>
>>130660350
wow this is why its 105 where i live? cause a bunch of whiteys burning shit into the ozone greenhouse gas layers? for what?
>>
>>130680925
>Not knowing European history
Rapefugee confirmed
>>
File: 1496791911563.jpg (212KB, 750x732px) Image search: [Google]
1496791911563.jpg
212KB, 750x732px
>>130664665
>>
>>130681339
>believing in global warming
ARE YOU AWARE of a massive meteor strike that occured around 12,600 years ago starting the ice age. COMPLETELY UN ACCOUNTED FOR in current climate models.
>>
Why don't you christians understand that the pre-christian mythologies just have way more potential for identity these days?
When the migrant crisis is fucking up (literally and figuratively) our countries, nobody knows what it means to have jesus as our role model. And no Jordan Peterson hallucinations about "The one who speaks the truth" is gonna help people to gather the courage to fight.

But you know what's cool though? Throwing lightningbolts, hammers, tridents, killing giants, outsmarting cyclops, fucking beautiful women, killing the invaders. The old mythologies (Roman, Germanic, Greek) provide all of these things in abundance, it's a very healthy outlet of masculinity.
>>
>>130664665
hahahah i love that pic
innocent peacul nords
>>
>>130681479
Nice try mr.precious-metal-or-gem-in-my-last-name
>>
>>130681479
i seriously doubt that you live in europe. because if you would, you'd know that there're lots of pagan cutoms and traditions still very much alive in almost every european country. like carnival for example. the burning of a böög (usually looks like a snowman and represents the winter spirits) in spring is especially in german speaking countries very popular. i honestly don't understand, other than being a troll, why feel the need to shitpost and try to shill for a dying religion. nobody cares if you choose to be a christcuck. instead of shitposting, maybe you should go out and try to find a wife and have kids, you can then proof how good of a christcuck you really are but i doubt you'll do that.
>>
File: 1426517383718-1.png (318KB, 1500x1550px) Image search: [Google]
1426517383718-1.png
318KB, 1500x1550px
>>130680653
>>130673865

Why do I like the Baltic theory? Because

- Lithuanian is maybe the closest modern language to proto indo european. It is the most archaic, both in vocabulary, accent, structure, inflection, and is extremely useful for researchers in that regard.

- IE are though to be the bringers of the "white skin genes". But white skin evolved in nothern latitudes and would probably not come from the Pontic steppes. The shores of the Baltic sea would be a much more appropriate place, but that is an extrapolation and not hard cold evidence.

- IE myths are all solar, celestial (in french we say Ouranien, coming from the greek god Ouranos [Uranus]), as opposed to the previous chtonian cult of the pre IE population. As the nordic myths shows, there was an alliance between chtonian gods (Vanir) and ouranian gods (Æsir). This could reflect the time when IE came and conquered pre IE people, melting their traditions. I can expand on this topic.

- IE myths also almost all have an "hyperborean" mythology: we come from the north, from a lost land (Thule, Atlantid, etc), we worship the Sun (midsummer tradition, where it is "Invictus". Note that in the nothern latitudes, the Sun doesnt sets for the whole day) and all of the calendar is around it, etc.

Those are just some elements, I hope I answered you.

>>130680893
>i agree.

And you're pretty much the only one, because this theory is totally abandonned today. That just doesn't catch up with all the evidences we have (linguistic, archeological, genetics, etc).
>>
>>130682276
that's why muslims will erase europe culture
it's not worth saving with those pagan customs
>>
>>130656702
>How are you celebrating the Midsummer festival this weekend, /pol/?

it's on Wednesday you idiot
>>
>>130682450
shooo roach, shoo
>>
>>130681854
>Why don't you christians understand that the pre-christian mythologies just have way more potential for identity these days?

LARPING isn't an identity. It's a fantasy.
>>
>>130682276
Here's the deal, frienditto. Paganism was shit and that is why it got stamped out an Europe converted to Christianity. Smart people figured out that it was better option than risking being tied to a tree and clubbed over the head so that there would be 'chance' of crops yielding more in the following farming season. All modern variations of 'traditional paganism' are a product of aspie larpers masquerading as professors of <insert obscure bullshit> and their 'feeling' that they 'think' that there is a chance they might have correctly guesstimated what it might have been like in the olden days aka a pile of bull.
>>
>>130682342
>And you're pretty much the only one
not sure, vedic sanskrit is still considered very important for reconstruction of indo european languages. but i have to admit that linguistics is not my strong field.
>>
My ancestry is mostly Dutch, bit of German, Scandinavian and Brit/Irish in there. What would be the most appropriate way for me to celebrate midsummer? I would like to learn more about pagan traditions
>>
>>130682450
muslims will fail like the failed with everything they ever attempted. just in case you didn't notice, muslims culture actually degenerated from being a civilization to being cucked by the west. you're nothing more than a splinter in our toe.
>>
>>130682923
Fantasy, fiction and mythology is the backbone of identity. Identity is the backbone of pride. Please don't tell me you believe fiction is only a thing humans invented to pass time?
>>
>>130679009
>>130680653
>>130682342
Thanks senpai. I tend to believe the nazis on this one, simply because of the censorship if nothing else. I'd love to hear more if you'd like to expand on the sun/chtonic aspect of their religion. From what I've read, it's a literally a battle between the patriarchy and the matriarchy.
>>
File: Langues indo européennes.jpg (342KB, 1100x878px) Image search: [Google]
Langues indo européennes.jpg
342KB, 1100x878px
>>130683161
Oh, of course it is extremely important, it's been preserved for thousands of years because it has acquired a sacred status and thus hasn't really moved. But it' still proved as of today that it is not the original language. Sanskrit stopped evolving after it came to India.
>>
>>130683306
Your ancestry doesn't mean shit when you live on Abo-land. Celebrate like the aboriginals do, you're just a pale version of them now.
>>
File: 1478112310438.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478112310438.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
>>130666671
nice sandnigger religion you got there, be a shame if anything happened to it.
>>
>>130682985
here's the deal brotato, christianity is dying in the west. it is being stamped out by atheism which already is the dominant religion in the west. every chritian domination is losing members like never before, churches are empty since at least 4 decades. you got cucked by fedoras, deal with it.
>>
>>130683663
I wasn't born here.
>>
whats the best way to celebrate the middle of the year according to you?
>>
>>130683778
True. Still doesn't change the fact that Christianity brought some good moral principles to Europe unlike your larping bs everyone threw away as soon as something with a semblance of rationality came along. Humanitarianism, kindness and compassion are better messages than killing people in the name of <random shit with lot of umlauts>.
>>
File: paggan.png (419KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
paggan.png
419KB, 600x600px
reminder
>>
>>130683950
go outside, make a fire, have a nice meal, drink some wine or beer. enjoy nature, everything in nature is at its strongest at this time of the year. think about family members who died and those still alive, realize you're a part of them and that they live on in you. realize that they and you will only live on if you have children. realize that your culture only lives on if you tell your children about it.
>>
>>130684921
>read European inspired stories
>find it interesting and delve deeply into European history and customs

What is that picture trying to argue?
>>
>>130685556
That larp is bad unless it's about "muh bible", I'm fairly certain.
>>
>>130683663
>your heritage suddenly changes because you migrated
>>
>>130684601
>Christianity brought some good moral principles
christianity didn't invent our moral principles you simpleton. if random killings were the norm in paganism, do you actually believe it would have survived for at least 12'000 years? i think you're very lonely and need a thing to hold onto and that thing is christianity for you. but be aware that being a bitter, hostile troll on a mandalorian basket weaving board is neither christian nor helpful in any way for yourself. also, nobody actually cares what you think but i strongly believe you know that feel from real life.
>>
File: IMG_20170620_191621.jpg (288KB, 769x1030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170620_191621.jpg
288KB, 769x1030px
>>130683417
>I'd love to hear more if you'd like to expand on the sun/chtonic aspect of their religion. From what I've read, it's a literally a battle between the patriarchy and the matriarchy.

Kind of, but not only. Pre IE are thought to have been a much more matriarcal civilisation, but only because most of what we can gather from them is obscure except for some obvious "Terra Mater" stuff, like those statues of big breasted fertility godesses you know?

On the chtonian/uranian topic, and the patriarcal nature of the IE society, it's a bit more clear. Pre IE were mostly telluric (about the Earth, this is literally the meaning of "chtonian"). Think about menhirss, dolmens, tumuli, etc. Just on the tumuli topic, you may already be aware that IE people were burning their dead, so they can ascend toward gods. To bury them is pre IE, chtonian, and has been reintroduced with christianity.

The "battle" roughly was IE conquering pre IE with superior technology and martial culture: they mastered iron and fought with swords instead of clubs, they mastered horses and used chariots, they had an organized military, a really vertical society, those kinds of things.

IE religions and socities later organized around this. There were 3 functions (becoming casts in the Indian society): the magico-sovereign one (bards, druids, priests and kings) which guided, the warrior ones (think martial aristocracy) which protected, and the peasant which produced. The first two are ouranians (sacred and celestial), the last is chtonian (production, reproduction and working with Earth materials [farm, cattle, minerals, etc]).

IE mythologies reflect this. Gods are always roughly linked to one of those three functions, emboying it and roughly sharing attributes accross cultures: Baldr/Apollo/Belenus, Thor/Taranis/Zeus/Indra, Wotan/Odin/Lugh/Hermes, Freyja/Aine/Aphrodite, etc...

cont
>>
>>130685843
So migrants don't have to assimilate?
>>
>>130686062
Migrants shouldnt migrate.
>>
>>130686498
then kys
>>
>>130685986
>if random killings were the norm in paganism
They weren't 'random killings' but the truth is that pagans were sacrificing a lot because <bullshit paganistic reasons>.
>i think you're very lonely and need a thing to hold onto and that thing is christianity for you. but be aware that being a bitter, hostile troll on a mandalorian basket weaving board is neither christian nor helpful in any way for yourself. also, nobody actually cares what you think but i strongly believe you know that feel from real life.
Ad hominem attacks just show that you are an uneducated simpleton. You can fap all you want on your 'hurr durr muh noble european paganism' but that doesn't change the fact that it was savagery on par with mayans or incans.
>>
File: utxYzfT.jpg (346KB, 1000x1258px) Image search: [Google]
utxYzfT.jpg
346KB, 1000x1258px
>>130686034
You can notice we may feel like don't all fall in the same category: Thor is obvioulsy the warrior, yet he's associated with Zeus who is the sovereign of all Greek gods. Odin would correspond to Zeus in the hierarchy, yet he's associated in his attributes with Hermes. And Thor would seem close to Ares, yet he's associated withForseti. See pic in: >>130662300

This is actually extremely complex because all those cultures have evolved separately for thousands of years, we can somewhat reconstruct the original pantheon. The most important thing is that, although gods may not exactly correspond in "rank", they all do in attributes and they're all connected to one of the three functions and they all have myths that explain the differences (Zeus is close to Thor because he masters Thunder, but he is also close to Odin in some ways because he represents justice.

IE gods have many different faces: Athena is a good example. She is in the same time war, wisdom, handcraft, because she's Pallas Athena, Atrytone Athena, Alalcomenes Athena, Tritogeny Athena...

The celtic mythology held on this multiple faces of gods. It's a bit of a clusterfuck, but all gods are different entities yet all are avatars of Lugh. It's becoming a bit complicated from now on, I can't really go further in english. I wish you could read french.
>>
>>130680408
Pretty much what >>130680923 told you. Read the stories they are important and always try to live by their example. Pick a main deity or sect you want to follow and learn more about that. This part is easier when you know what your ancestors worshipped or where they came from.
Never forget your holidays. Greeks/Romans were pretty lax but their holidays were very important. Look up the dates and the customs. Today for example is the day of Jupiter Summanus. Better make a sacrife for him. It's supposed to rain tonight where I live, which is a good sign.
You should also sacrifice something at the first day of every months to all the main gods. You can sacrifice something when you want to ask for something too. And don't forget your hymnos before prayer, that's as important as the sacrifice itself. Do it in your mothertoung if you don't speak Latin or ancient Greek.
Maybe build a shrine for your house if you can.
Dreams are important too. The gods talk with you in your dreams so think about them and what they tried to say, all dreams have a meaning, you just have to encode it.
>>
Renaissance festival.
>>
>>130686062
Of course not. That's why they shouldn't be allowed to migrate.
>>
>>130687027
>that pagans were sacrificing a lot
any sauce on this?
>Ad hominem attacks
hit a nerve there, buddy?
>>
>>130679549

hiding under that flag. You're mexican, aren't you?
>>
>>130668532
>>130668675
>>130668739
christcucks obsessing over sticking things up their asses
>>
>>130688333
>any sauce on this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice#Europe
Take with a grain of salt as everything else about your larping 'religion'
>hit a nerve there, buddy?
Nope. Just seems that you're embarrassing yourself needlessly.
>>
>>130687027
And burning random people at the stake, or hanging, drawing and quartering them is the civilized ideal the christianity brought right? Lmao
>>
File: 1497565040598.png (1MB, 1600x1279px) Image search: [Google]
1497565040598.png
1MB, 1600x1279px
>>130659029
Europeans saved Europe. Christianity is NOTHING without europeans, its being proven now. You need us, we do not need you and in fact its harmful as many are beginning to realize with information flowing freely
>>
>>130689089
No. Those would be the leftovers of 'muh traditional european paganism' before they were finally weeded out. You can't possibly be that daft about Christ's teachings. You're trying to be edgy. Right?
>>
>>130689551
Burning witches is a Christian thing m8
>>
>>130668432
Notice how all the christcucks replying to this wholesome post are fixated on sodomy because their oppressive kike religion is the only thing keeping them from going gay.
>>
File: burn-at-stake.jpg (59KB, 387x255px) Image search: [Google]
burn-at-stake.jpg
59KB, 387x255px
>Christians never practiced human sacrifi-
>>
>>130659029
worshipping a dead man you can't see is more stupid than worshipping a cow that you can see
>>
>>130689832
Inherited from paganism and finally stamped out. Without Christianity, it would still be practiced today. People need to man up and own the fact that Europe used to be a shithole before Christianity took over.
>>
>>130688987
>source
>wikipedia
nice try.
the only one embarrassing himself itt is you. keep posting though, it's funny.
>>
>>130685843
I wrote your heritage/ancestry doesn't mean shit once you migrated, you idiot.
>>
>>130690502
>Without Christianity
europe would still be white.
>>
>>130656702

Can someone explain how muslim manage not to die in northern europe without sun set during ramadan?
>>
>>130690999
We pig out the few minutes the sun is down. Obviously, it's all a test from Allah for the really devout. One day, our improved, minute-sized Ramadan Islam will rule the world!
>>
>>130690537
And that's absurd. Literally why do you have that opinion?
>>
>>130690679
Yes. And it would still be practicing human sacrifice like niggers in africa do.

>>130690505
>>source
>>wikipedia
Yes. It is generally shitty on any even remotely political subject but that does not mean that it is always 100% wrong. Such thinking would be a retarded logical fallacy.
>>
File: 0_67b9a_224a9eb0_orig.jpg (563KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
0_67b9a_224a9eb0_orig.jpg
563KB, 1366x768px
>>130656702
SANGUE E FOGO!
>>
>>130660350
So it was Pagans who burned down that London apartment building?
>>
>>130691208
How are you not just larping when celebrating your heritage in a foreign country?

Celebrating midsummer in Scandinavian countries is fine, celebrating it in China is cringy larping.
>>
>>130691229
keep it going lad!
>>
>>130690502
That kind of thing only stopped in the enlightenment and when people lost faith in anything more than deism.
>>
>>130691473
>only nordic pagans celebrate midsummer
>celebrating any christian holiday outside of the middle east is larping
lol
>>
>>130691473
I fail to see why your heritage would become less valuable to you for migrating. You're aware that white people have migrated for millennium, right? The Anglos didn't just drop their ways and become Celts when they moved to England.
>>
>>130683927
Doesn't matter.
>>
>>130691811
You don't celebrate Midsummer like the Scandinavians do, Austria. Quit larping the nords.

>>130691859
You're talking about the migration of entire cultures. I'm talking about migrating of just a few individuals at most.
>>
>>130692659
But you can larp as heretical jews even though you don't live in israel?
>>
>>130692659
Why should I drop my heritage because I wasn't born in the same country as those who share it?
>>
>>130691796
>falling for the enlightenment meme
You do understand that part of being 'enlightened' included shitting on people from 'the dark ages' in a SJW 'look at how progressive and tolerant and politically correct' I am. Basically, being 'enlightened' meant sperging like that armenian cunt from the young turkshits.
>>
>>130656702
Pagans are cucks.
>>
>>130692659
how would you know? quit larping the sandniggers.
>>
>>130693113
have-a some spaghetti mario! mama will-a cook-a some for you!
>>
>>130692659
>I'm talking about migrating of just a few individuals at most
Then why were you picking on the Australian? Literally why would he follow the practices of Abos?
>>
>>130687262
Just google translate what you can't write in English
>>
>>130693714
Nah it's fine, that was really technical and not useful for what we were talking about anyway. I just hope he saw it >>130683417
>>
>>130693593
I fell victim to cognitive dissonance. I was wrong, and I apologise.
>>
>>130694360
I've seen it senpai. Your posts are much appreciated.
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.