[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

William F. Buckley, JR.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

What does /pol/ think of William F. Buckley, JR.?
>>
>>130621062
He is american, so he is fat and stupid retard.
>>
>>130621062
faggot. just like op.
>>
>>130621062
Kind of a cuck for marginalizing the John Birch Society in favor of Country Club Conservatives.
>>
>>130621062
He was a showman who bamboozled a lot of people with his patrician drawl and arrogant bearing. I don't think he was such an innovative thinker or intellectual. Feel free to prove me wrong. But nothing I ever saw of him impressed me much.
>>
Not my specialty but mumbles a lot, maybe sort of a Noam Chomsky of the right
>>
>>130621062
His necessary and unique show Firing Line is up at Youtube thanks to the Hoover Institution. If you haven't seen it, pick a guest that sounds interesting and give it a watch. There is nothing else like it. A long-format open-ended genuine interview with people Buckley strongly disagreed with.
>>
he was an interesting guy.
>>
>>130621062
CIA nigger; shat on rothbard's memory by writing a scathing obituary; he drove the libertarian right away and thus doomed his party to the whim of the neocons for thirty years; great debater and verbalist though; one of the finest recorded example of the cultivated American North Atlantic accent, a beautiful form of speech; incredible wit; iron sarcasm; not a pussy; knows who the right people to talk to are, how to get them to hone in on the important points of disagreement; watching his debates is quite useful at a certain stage of development; has some grasp of authentically "right" ways of criticizing the left, that is, giving rightist argument against them, and not softer leftist ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFUKV5_EwdA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_87IAqItw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsfxnaFaHWI
>>
File: iu.gif (990KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
iu.gif
990KB, 500x482px
>>130621157
>>
>>130621062
>What does /pol/ think of William F. Buckley, JR.?

Typical rich twit fucking people over by frontrunning a grassroots political movement and supplanting it with elitist intellectual foppery.

He was genuinely articulate and entertaining, but led the right astray to the delight of rich liberals everywhere.
>>
>>130623327
This, truly gifted individual who completely squandered his talent because of his personality defects

Actually a tragic figure
>>
>>130621062

American treasure.
>>
>>130621062

He was an impolite dick who always condescended toward his interviewees.

I hate him.
>>
>>130621062
He's the one who proved that dems r tha real racists. Based Buckley ftw! If only he would have gotten his hands on meme magic. Just imagine. Like whoah

Shadilay fellow pedes!
>>
Good voice and accent but I blame him in part for the rise of neoconservatism. Not very good at all but some of his stuff is nevertheless OK to listen too mostly for the way he speaks and not the content spoken of.
>>
Firing Line was excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/user/firinglinevideos/videos
>>
Buckley was a gentleman and a scholar
>>
Vidal was a queer
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.