[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on John Maus

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 4_300dpi.jpg (607KB, 808x1188px) Image search: [Google]
4_300dpi.jpg
607KB, 808x1188px
>>
BBC
>>
pussy is not a matter of fact
>>
Did he ever disavow MDE/World Peace?
>>
>>130615346
no. not explicitly.

in one of his interviews I got the suggestion he might be politically sympathetic. He talked about how the factories in his hometown were shut down in the 80s. Oddly, this is no longer a Democratic issue.

As a musician I think he's tops. Very simple but innovative. Like how he makes his own synths.
"Rights for Gays" is the song of his I find least palatable, but when i hear it I can't help but detect a little irony.

anyway. where's the fucking next album?
>>
>>130614352
He's not Rick Wilson so check that in the plus column
>>
>>130615346
>>130615607

Andrew Ruse stated that the two of them are working together on a video for his next album, so I doubt he'd ever disavow MDE.
>>
>>130615976
well that is good news

i have little doubt World Peace pushed his sales to a new level. I honestly never heard of him before
>>
>>130615607
he's entertaining to listen to when spouting his political science schtick

sounds like complete post modern leftist/commie gobbledeegook tbqh but he is very enthusiastic so its fun to watch
>>
>>130617461
I definitely respect some hyper leftists, even though I don't fully agree with some of their points or ideas, but their passion and dedication to their views are certainly admirable—not even in some condescending way
>>
>>130615607
>As a musician I think he's tops.
Agreed, got into him via Ariel Pink. Loved his 2006 album of misc. songs, too

Seeing him at the end of that one episode of WP, and seeing/hearing his work in it was pretty incredible. Then, knowing that he was sort of down with the MDE crew, and didn't disavow, when all of the other bands were, like the pussies they were, made me have far more respect for him than ever before. Dude is a rare fucking gem.
>>
>>130614352
Is that him? I didn't know he was that cute.
>>
>>130614352
Rights for gay, right now.
>>
>>130616518
same
>>
>>130615607
i think Rights for Gays is entirely ironic in the sense that it is making fun of very public and self-congratulatory support for them (not in the sense that he's against them himself).

also he mentioned with dismay that the factories were hiring third world labor and small towns were turning into refugee camps.
>>
>>130621287
>all leftists are unreasonab-
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.