[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catholicism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 10

File: sad-pepe-640x480.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe-640x480.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
I've been reading up on Christianity and I'm very attracted to Catholicism. Here's the problem "It seems that the higher ups have been (((infiltrated)))". Orthodoxy also seems good but it just doesn't feel right. I just want to go back before the split. THE TRUE CHURCH. Literally what do?
>>
There is nothing wrong with Catholicism

There has always been disagreements in he upper echelons. The anti-Catholic idiots on here blow the disagreements out of proportion, take out of context news stories, or, if they have nothing else, will outright lie about the state of the Church.

The Roman Catholic Church is still the Church that Jesus Christ himself established and is guided by the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>130591405
I'm attracted to Catholicism because I think it has the best memes for a better world, but I cannot go through with it because part of catechism is that you need to accept everything literally.

Okay so eating the eucharist is a symbolic sacrament that you are vowing to allow christ into you and will become more like him. And in living a more christ-like life, you will live forever through the endless line of lives you have improved.

>NO MOTHERFUCKER you need to believe that this sip of wine is LITERALLY his blood, and then when you die that you will LITERALLY rise from the dead.
>>
>>130592504
But they have changed so much, Orthodox has mostly stayed true to the original.
>>
>>130591405
Here's what you do.

You get right with God, one-on-one, as it always has been, is, and always will be. You cannot join a group that alleviates you of this responsibility.

If you want to know what the bible says on the matter, read Romans 10:9-13.
>>
File: IMG_0982.jpg (20KB, 258x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0982.jpg
20KB, 258x410px
>>130592845
They haven't changed any doctrine (thank God)
But I see your point, I suppose you can say the attitude or the outlook of the church has changed for the worse since Vatican II
>I miss the good old days famalam
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gXKeiTTN7Wc
>>
File: IMG_3005.png (1MB, 1072x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3005.png
1MB, 1072x736px
>>130592915
>muh Sola Scriptura!
Prodded cunt detected
>>
>>130592805

>Okay so eating the eucharist is a symbolic sacrament that you are vowing to allow christ into you and will become more like him. And in living a more christ-like life, you will live forever through the endless line of lives you have improved.

This sort of secular view of the faith is cute, but this rationalization and trying to make Christianity make sense from a humanist, materialist point of view is hammering a square peg into a round hole.
>>
>>130592504

It was established at the council of Nicene
>>
>>130591405
>(((infiltrated)))
Literally the definition of Abrahamism. Give up. You have lost.
>>
>>130593502
Papist, please go (back to a third-world, Roman Catholic cesspool).
>>
>>130592504

>the church now is the same as when it was established

Go kiss some abo feet
>>
File: IMG_3383.jpg (630KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3383.jpg
630KB, 800x609px
>>130594176
Look my dude, I'm sorry that you can't into theology, but I'll give you a quick rundown
>your heretical sect is fake and gay, and you're going to have to be burned at the stake if you don't repent
Sorry, not sorry
>>
>>130592504
That's the claim of the Roman Catholic church.

The claim is false.
>>
>>130593809
Nothing was established at the council at Nicea.
>>
>>130594395
Thank you, murderous papist, for your murderous opinion. It's quite in line with your evil, murderous cult.
>>
^that
>>
Ha, kneel fools, at the feet of Kek, and ye shall be saved from the false prophet
>>
File: 1496891174864.jpg (76KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
1496891174864.jpg
76KB, 500x749px
>>130591405
Look up Our Lady of Akita. The prophecies have come true and the Church is split in exactly the same manner as Heaven said it would be ("cardinal against cardinal", "they will accept compromise", and so on); which is just further proof that the Church was right all along
>>
>>130594953
Your false church's false prophecies prove your false church is right all along?

kek
>>
>>130594459
>I have an inherent bias against this institution therefore any claim they make is false
K
>>130594597
>he doesn't understand the implications of Religious conflict
I strongly suggest you read the Great Heresies by Hilaire Belloc, it's a common misconception that heresies are a benign difference in ideology and nothing comes out of that when in reality an entirely different culture and way of life is created as a result of a heresy

For example, take catholic and Protestant countries in Europe
>>
File: 1496316589477.png (146KB, 792x321px) Image search: [Google]
1496316589477.png
146KB, 792x321px
>>130591405
Puritanism is the one true church you sack of cum
>>
>>130591405
Orthodoxy is the true church. The Catholics changed things and that's what caused the split
>>
>>130595136
>false prophecies
Want to cite some examples fag?
>>
>>130594953
The first message received by Sister Agnes Katsuko Sasagawa on June 6, 1973, was a call for prayer and sacrifice for the glory of the Father and salvation of souls. The second message, August 3, 1973, was for prayer, penance and courageous sacrifices to soften the Father's anger.
The third message on October 13, 1973, the actual anniversary of the final visions and miracle of Fatima is as follows: "As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never have seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by my Son. Each day, recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the bishops and the priests. The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, and bishops against other bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their Confreres. The Church and altars will be vandalized. The Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord.

These are all bible verses dude. Maybe if you read the bible, you'd be able to recognize them as such.
>>
>>130595184
Cromwell was a Shabbos Goy working for European kikes

Puritans Unironically want to ban fun
>>
>>130595180
The claim is false on its own, whether I recognize it, or you foolishly believe it. It does not stand scrutiny, it contradicts scripture, and it belies the truth about the Whore of Babylon, and Mystery Babylon, aka the Roman Catholic Church and its "traditions" from, again, Babylon.
>>
>>130591405
You can just be Christian. You don't have to submit to an authority other than God himself.
Read the bible and interpret your way. Don't let any man made institution tell you what to believe. The word of God himself stands above any rules or interpretations by others.
>>
>>130595180
And I strongly urge you to count how many tens of millions of human beings the Roman Catholic Church has slaughtered in the past thousand years.

Just like Jesus slaughtered all of those tens of thousands of people in His time, right?
>>
>>130591405
The Church has been (((infiltrated))) at the top but it's teachings are still true. The true Doctrine can't change. Remember that the human members of the Church can be corrupted but not the Supernatural part of the Church.
>>
>>130595506
> It does not stand scrutiny, it contradicts scripture, and it belies the truth about the Whore of Babylon, and Mystery Babylon, aka the Roman Catholic Church and its "traditions" from, again, Babylon
Nigger, what are you on about?
>>
>>130595304
Malachy, Fatima 1-3, Akita 1-3, for starters.

Protip: All Marian apparitions are demonic.
>>
>>130595648
The traditions of the Catholic Church changed radically in the 19th century, promoting Mary to deity and Jesus to co- mediator status.
>>
>>130595724

Are you a Catholic?

What do you do for Ash Wednesday? For Lent? For Easter?
>>
File: IMG_1118.jpg (55KB, 659x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1118.jpg
55KB, 659x502px
>>130595628
It is a Christian thing to hate evil, to hate untruth, and to hate tyranny

The mission of the church is to save souls and lead them to heaven, and to expose false doctrine and destroy its professors who lead innocents unto the path of error
>>130595726
>Marian apparitions are demonic
And I have zero proof to back this up!
>>
>>130591405
Go to SSPX churches, problem solved. If you want to become a Catholic you have to know shit so ask a church of and when they can do RCIA with you. You can't take communion until you're confirmed. You can only get confirmed once you're baptized and you don't have to get re baptized.

Catholicism is the best Christian Church out there. It isn't perfect or what we all want it to be but it's still a hell of a lot better than Orthodox or any Protestant church
>>
>>130595868
>Ash Wednesday
Go to service, receive a blessing signified by ash on the forehead
>lent
Abstain from something for 40 days, to remind us how Christ fasted in the desert
>Easter
Go to Sunday mass and celebrate
>>
>>130591405
I strongly recommend you read this concise essay on the Scriptural and historical bonafides of the Catholic Church:

https://www.catholic.com/tract/pillar-of-fire-pillar-of-truth

>>130592845
>But they have changed so much, Orthodox has mostly stayed true to the original.

Research the specific issues on catholic.com. I'm not sure which issues you're referring to, but am confident you will find a reasonable explanation that makes sense for the catholic position.

In particular, it is the Orthodox who have not remained faithful in recognizing Peter's successor as the head of the Church.
>>
>>130591405
Read Dante, my friend. The hierarchy is everything short of a necessary evil sometimes.

>Dante had his life ruined by the Pope and then threatened him with hell.
>St. Athanasius was literally the only bishop at the time that taught the divinity of Christ.
>St. Patrick was likely never made a bishop and went to Ireland against the protests of his clerical superiors.
>Francis of Assisi directly witnessed against the corruption of the clergy at the time.
>Catherine of Siena had to scold the real Pope to come out of hiding.
>Leo XIII warned about the corruption of the clergy in modern times.
>Jesus Christ was betrayed to death by one of the first 12 bishops and abandoned by the other 11.

Read the lives of the saints, my friend. You will find much consolation for your reservations about the heirarchical Church.
>>
>>130591405
look into one of the secret or quasy secret societies.

For example, the Opus Dei
>>
>>130596058
All a man needs to hate evil, hate lies, and hate tyranny is a conscience, and everybody has a conscience.

The mission of the Roman Catholic Church has nothing to do with saving souls at all. Nothing. IF someone is saved in the Roman Catholic Church, they actually have a bizarre term for it. It rarely happens.

All Marian apparitions are demonic by nature, by design, and are self-evidently evil, drawing people to an image of Mary, and not to Jesus at all.
>>
>>130591405
The thing is that christianism has been created by Jews.
>>
>>130596300
Interesting.

In Babylon, they would put ashes on their heads to mourn with the Queen of Heaven for 40 days, fasting the entire time until her son is returned from the dead whereupon they would celebrate Ishtar.

But that's Babylon, 4000 years ago.
>>
>>130596370
Self-serving tripe is self-serving.
>>
>>130592504
first post is the holy and true post
>>
>>130595726
Piss off, heretic.
>>
>>130595628
Cast the first stone...
I can name a laundry list for the Protestants. Anyone with a bachelor's degree could.
>>
>>130596489
>all I need is muh conscience
Do you not think that Muslims see themselves as good and see others as evil? It is very dependent on one's knowledge of good and evil, and if one is brought up in heresy their knowledge of good and evil is warped
>if someone is saved there's a special term for it
Wtf are you talking about?
>People worship Mary/Saints not Jesus
You Protestants don't understand that when we pray "to" Mary or any of the saints, it's done as a plea for intercession, we pray THROUGH them. We appeal to them to pray on our behalf, it's like asking a friend to pray for you or with you
>>
>>130596489
Found the Seventh Day Adventist Are you really so stupid as to believe we worship Mary?
>>
>>130591405
Embrace Catholicism and Protestantisam.

Orthodoxy is false one, its a meme when people say its right one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY2KzjVNoKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLhqpFpeDNA
>>
File: IMG_1225.jpg (60KB, 665x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1225.jpg
60KB, 665x498px
>>130596604
You stupid kike, relativity is a fallacious argument
>>
>>130597158
>embrace two opposing sects of Christianity

k
>>
>>130591405
Take this shit to >>/x/
Why do all you retards think this is the place for these shit threads? Its not.
>>
>>130596604

Covering the head with ashes and fasting for 40 days occurs numerous times in the old testament.
So unless you are some wierdo zeitgeist type believer that believes all religions came from the same source because of some superficial simularities, it is a coincedence.

And the term "Easter" comes from an anglo-saxon word for April. It has nothing to do with any babylonian God.
>>
>>130597616
Religion is an integral foundation of any culture, society
>>
>>130597616
Because we are not lost like you happen to be.
>>
>>130591405
So maybe join:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_of_Saint_Pius_X
>>
File: 1494704289353s.jpg (5KB, 203x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494704289353s.jpg
5KB, 203x250px
>>130591405
Join Catholics and help us get the jewish pedophiles out of the Catholic church.
The only jews who were prepared to do the Mission to destroy Catholicism from within were jewish pedophiles who love goy boys.
>>
>>130591405
Indeed. I grew up Lutheran but it's incredibly cucked, so I've been looking for more conservative types of Christianity. I'm attracted to Catholicism too but can't stand the (new?) progressive policies and shitskin and mudslime ass kissing. On top of that, Catholic Charities is one of the organizations responsible for importing thousands of mudslime Somali """refugees""" to my state and setting them up with welfare. I just can't deal with that.
If I became Catholic, my offering money would literally be contributing to white genocide, ON TOP of what I already give to Somalis via taxes.

What do?
>>
>>130602880
Take the blackpill friend.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.