[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Otto Warmbier a Spy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 15

Was Otto Warmbier actually a US spy?

>He looks older than a typical college student
>His name sounds fake as fuck
>We're told he was captured for stealing a poster, that's probably just the cover story
>North Korea apparently risks greater economic sanctions and pissing off China over a stolen poster from a hotel
>He conveniently "dies" on return so nobody can question him on what his experience was

I think he was a spy who got caught, was probably embedded with a legitimate student tour group and NK sniffed him out
>>
>>130590437
lmao if he was a spy and NK knew, they would totally tell everyone to make America look bad.
>>
>>130590757
Would anyone believe NK?
>>
>>130590757
that's a great way to lose every piece of bargaining power you have with a captured spy

>claim you've caught a spy, tell the world
>US disowns him, standard protocol for captured spies
>Can't take him back now without looking like he really was a spy

If you keep it a secret, not only do you keep what information you can get out of the spy, you can also negotiate for his exchange
>>
>>130590872
I don't think it matters if its believed or not, have they said he was a spy or anything?
>>
>>130591072
Okay that actually makes sense.
>>
File: scum.png (261KB, 445x611px) Image search: [Google]
scum.png
261KB, 445x611px
>>
>>130591091
Pretty sure he was charged with espionage.
>>
>HIS
>NAME
>WAS
>OUT
>OF
>WARM
>BEER
This is how lazy our intelligence agencies are now
>>
>>130591193
Does that nigger still have a show?
>>
>>130591426
No. And he said it was racist when he lost it.
>>
>>130590437

What a fucking retarded bullet point. Not everyone's called John Smith.
>>
>>130591564
obviously the name is not the smoking gun, dipshit, but it's got that ring of invention to it. like it's almost so goofy you are convinced it's real.

It's suspicious as fuck that this highly publicized prisoner, who everybody wants to talk to because he's been imprisoned in the most secluded country in the world, conveniently is brain dead, and then dies, all before the public can hear from him.

It's a cover. He was a spy, he was caught, and now he has to disappear, so they faked his death. The media would've hounded him for details about NK.
>>
>>130590437
what the fuck kind of information would he be getting in north korea you fucktard? he was a tourist
>>
>>130590437
You fucking North Koreans are fucked!! We know what you did to him and you will pay.
>>
File: cia_nigger_identified.jpg (17KB, 218x232px) Image search: [Google]
cia_nigger_identified.jpg
17KB, 218x232px
>>130590437
>>
>>130592371

Maybe he was trained to sneak away from the group when he could, and check out sensitive places. Maybe he was there to communicate with existing spies who are already embedded with the NK, for whatever reason.

He was allegedly arrested doing just that, sneaking away from the tour group
>>
Since when did spies have fake names? (Honestly asking: As far as I know spies in the modern age don't use them.)
>>
>>130592832
if he was a fake student from Virginia, he would have to have a fake name.

the CIA, you'll remember, is headquartered in Langley, VA. Im sure they have a cozy relationship with that school and they wouldn't mind assisting.
>>
>>130592020
you're a moron, much like otto was.

several thousand us citizens visit the dprk each year without any incident. among the ones who are detained/captured/etc, typically for religious purposes or reporters lying about their credentials. even then, every account of a prisoner released is that they were treated reasonably well during their detainment (see Bae's book for the person who spent the longest time there). They're basically kept near pyongyang in a solitary prison meant only for foreigners.

All signs point to otto being a pussy and trying to hang himself, causing brain damage from hypoxia. Presumably they didn't have equipment handy in whatever shitty house he was kept in to resuscitate him, and having been to the DPRK I can assure you it'd take them a long time to transport him to a hospital in downtown.

The nork explanation is clearly bullshit but that doesn't make him a literal spy you fucktard. Why would the CIA/NSA/etc use a 20yo frat boy when there are tons of corrupt officials there just waiting for a bribe and amnesty on escape?
>>
>>130592578
Yes send a white spy to a 99.999999999 homogeneous country with eyes on every corner
Why the CIA doesn't train spies of every shade of skin color is a shocker
>>
>>130592578
>He was allegedly arrested doing just that, sneaking away from the tour group
He went to the 5th floor of the yanggakdo hotel, aka alcatraz of fun, to see the floor that doesn't open to the elevators and is meant for the staff working there. I did it while I was there and so has pretty much every other person I know who's visited. Its eerie, spooky, but largely nothing outside of what you see everywhere else which is anti-american propaganda.

he was probably drinking in the basement during new years, either in the pool hall or maybe the karaoke bar, and thought it'd be a bright idea to steal one of the aforementioned propaganda posters.

he wasnt a spy, he was an idiotic chad tourist.
>>
>>130593331
lol you are literally proving my point
>several thousand us citizens visit the dprk each year without any incident.

>among the ones who are detained/captured/etc, ... every account of a prisoner released is that they were treated reasonably well during their detainment

So what was different about Otto FakeName? Why was his treatment so bad he felt he had to hang himself?

The answer is clear. He was up to some sneaky shit, he got caught, and his exchange was negotiated. Now he's disappearing and the government is faking his death quickly and quietly so nobody can ask any questions.

> Why would the CIA/NSA/etc use a 20yo frat boy
He's not a 20 year old frat boy he looks like he could be 30 for fucks sake, even when he was captured he looked old as shit that's probably how they first figured out he wasn't a real college student
>>
>>130590437

really don't know why else you'd visit NK.
>>
>>130590437
>legitimate student tour group to NK

these probably don't exist.
>>
>>130593686
>>130593331

Here is the evidence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzVGIAcLsf8

It looks more like vandalism than theft
>>
File: warmbier.png (48KB, 973x762px) Image search: [Google]
warmbier.png
48KB, 973x762px
>>130592020
Otto isn't a fucking name with a ring to it, retard. I know like 3 people with that name.

>looks too old to be college age
Seriously? This is getting old.
>>
>>130594018
even people who don't think he's a spy were saying this video could have been faked. it really proves nothing. NK could have made that video at any time as "proof" he stole something.

Everything about that video and confession is fake. Even his exaggerated crying emotions are faked, because NK tells prisoners to act that way. So nothing about that video is real
>>
>>130591072
>that's a great way to lose every piece of bargaining power you have with a captured spy
>>claim you've caught a spy, tell the world
>>US disowns him, standard protocol for captured spies

What are you talking about? When has the US "disowned" a supposed spy? Eg, a US journalist who's claimed to be a spy (and may or may not be).

>Can't take him back now without looking like he really was a spy

More nonsense.
>>
>>130593725
why do you feel the need, or authority, to just make up bullshit about a country and society you know nothing about? there was no sneaky shit - he just made the idiotic mistake of defacing property of the state rather than just observing then quickly leaving when you hear a noise like everyone else who goes to the 5th floor. the norks in particular empathize with some hearty drinking and you get a lot of leeway doing shit you're not supposed to if they know you're drunk (ie leaving the grounds of the hotel to go to the beach)

we have no idea what his treatment was like so we should probably assume he was treated like every other prisoner they have detained and released. you're welcome to read bae's book, or read any of the interviews. he was likely kept in a 5x6 cell, the first month they typically interrogate you for 12 hours a day until you confess in a manner they deem appropriate, at which point your treatment will likely improve as they'll provide you reading material, talk to you about the news, etc.

otto, probably not aware of the likelihood of his eventual release in a year or so, couldn't handle the stress of solitary confinement and interrogation and probably attempted to kill himself via hanging. considering the power of your imagination, i bet you'd fair better.

>>130593943
he went with YPT, one of about 4 tour companies that operate in the country. They in particular specialize in low budget tours for students to the DPRK and other weird places.

>>130594018
considering he was drunk on new years eve, my guess is he thought he could roll it up and sneak it off to make money from the crazy christian nutjob in his hometown who was apparently offering him a car and cash to bring something back.
>>
>>130594591
"disowned" doesn't mean you publicly announce the guy is not a spy, it means you don't negotiate for him back, or even acknowledge that he is anything other than a citizen.

If you DO catch a spy, you keep it quiet, you tell the US you have one, and then negotiate for an exchange. If you go public, the US loses all incentive to get him back.

Couldn't happen here because the press found out about it because Otto was embedded with actual students who knew he got arrested. Thus the fake cover story.
>>
>>130590437
Who cares? He died like most burgers, crying and sucking his thumb.
>>
>>130590437
nice try north korea propagandists

you can literally be put away in a cell for any petty reason
>>
>>130590872

more reliable than kangaroo
>>
>>130590437
>Go to NK
>Steal poster to try and impress girl
>Get caught and jailed
>Girl you tried to impress forgets about you and starts enjoying the BBC
>Eventually get set free
>Die shortly after getting home
>Never get to see girl you were trying to impress
>She's still enjoying BBC in every one of her holes
>>
>>130594865
His parents claim that is nonsense. Seriously, a frat boy who can afford university? I call bullshit. He was salutatorian of his HS class, most likely obtained scholarships, doubt his family struggled SO much that he had to go to NK to make money. lol
>>
>>130590437
Yes. Look at his name. That's not a real person's name
>>
>>130590437

he was another thieving nigger getting their justice
>>
>>130590437
The Norks would have no reason not to out him as a spy. They would have called him on it you fucking idiot.
>>
>>130595675
see
>>130591072
>>
>>130590872
>>130595448
btfo
>>
File: pyongyang pano.jpg (153KB, 2048x567px) Image search: [Google]
pyongyang pano.jpg
153KB, 2048x567px
>>130595568
>Seriously, a frat boy who can afford university? I call bullshit.
the fuck are you on about? state schools are not that expensive champ.
>doubt his family struggled SO much that he had to go to NK to make money
where am I suggesting he was strapped for cash? Some dipshit at his lutheran church offered him a car or cash if he brought him back some authentic propaganda. he gets drunk on NYE, his last night in the country, and attempts to take a poster from the 5th floor on his way back up to his room. fails at it, goes to bed, and is detained the next morning at the airport when someone probably noticed the poster was disturbed and they reviewed the security footage.

he was there as a tourist and make a dumb mistake, how is that less plausible than he's some clandestine superspy sent over there to.... visit pyongyang monuments and drink beer?

you don't see anything spy-worthy on these tours and you aren't left unaccompanied outside of your hotels. even if you snuck out of the yanggakdo, and even if you managed to cross the bridge into the city proper, you'd just encounter a bunch of impoverished apartments.
>>
>>130595629

22 no way. 30 ish.
>>
>>130595535
6/10, pretty good
>>
>>130590437
>Was Otto Warmbier actually a US spy?
No he was an Israeli spy.
>>
>>130590437
Whether or not he was a spy, I would like to know what the autopsy report reveals.
>>
>>130596394

how about his contact told him that a microsd card is taped to the back of the juche poster, NK spooks knew about it and just trapped him. how do you think spying works, dumbass.
>>
>>130593686
Fuck off jidf
>>
>>130594865
>he went with YPT, one of about 4 tour companies that operate in the country. They in particular specialize in low budget tours for students to the DPRK and other weird places.

that's shady.
>>
File: ruse.jpg (42KB, 633x633px) Image search: [Google]
ruse.jpg
42KB, 633x633px
>>130596958
are you literally retarded or just underage?

>>130597152
how
>>
>>130593686

Nah, your boy got called out.

That's why he was classified as a prisoner of war, and not just a prisoner.
>>
File: dale2.png (244KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
dale2.png
244KB, 500x378px
>>130597253

this YPT company is probably run by the cia to maintain some level of tourism so it isn't as obvious when they do try to slip someone in
>>
>>130590437
The poster stealing story is totally true. Didn't you see that two second grainy zoomed out security footage on the news.
>>
>>130591383
Literally made me think
>>
>>130596394
Do personal research, I thought it was known the reason he was doing it for money was because "his family was strapped for cash". I read 2 reasons, someone offered him a car worth $10k, OR someshit like $200,000 or something, I don't recall. I was calling bullshit on him needing money or his family needing it, as they were already well-off to begin with. Examples being, him at university, being a fraternity, he had high honors and probably received scholarships anyways. Not to mention his father was quoted to saying the money thing was a fib. Look at the dude, probably drove a car worth more than $10k anyways. He went on trips around the world regularly...
>>
File: 3073462-67803.jpg (71KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
3073462-67803.jpg
71KB, 707x500px
Why else hasn't Trump done anything about this?
This should be clause for invasion and removal of the communist occupation of Korea, communists have captured, lobotimised and killed a U.S. citizen, this should be reason enough for these commie dogs to be put down.
>>
>>130597998

Reminder: He was living in Nork healthcare, dies within a week of U.S. healthcare.

If anything, this should show you how dire the need for healthcare reform is in this country.

Bigly.
>>
>>130598194
Healthcare is fine in america, the problem is you need a lot of money for it.
>>
>>130590437
Looks like a spy, walks like a spy, talks like a spy...
Of course he was a fucking spy. All the media hype is for moral of the fellow spooks. I mean they even pulled Super Rodman from CIA retirement to rescue him... He hasn't been in CIA hot action in decades. He's like a myth to all these young analysts and field ops.
>>
File: meteor.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
meteor.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>fake name
WARM BEER
>>
>>130598341
Really? Huh. Cause my bills are like...none when I go. lol.
>tfw being rich in a 1st world nation
>>
>>130597998
All sorts of spy stuff going on we don't know about.

Sure people ITT can disprove theories, but there is no reason to believe a real US spy posing as a student would not have state of the art handling.

By which I mean don't say "If out of warm beer was a spy, he was shit/his mission was impossible"

Because you don't know what crazy plans using crazy unknown technology is in play
>>
>>130598341

Why do shills play both sides?

He either has money, or he doesn't.
>>
>>130598498

i don't understand what you're trying to say
>>
You all are making more out of this than you should be. It is simple.
>be dumb American college student
>get a chance to go to North Korea
>think I will pull a prank
>legendary story
>get caught
>end up in hard labour camp
North Korea realized they would eventually have to let him go when Trump took power. They knew he would tell everyone back home how they treat their prisoners and citizens because he was one of the only ones ever to see how it really is. So right before they sent him back the chemically lobotomized him in a manner that would ensure he couldn't speak and would die shortly upon return.
>>
>>130593331
I'm legitimately curious as to where you heard that he hung himself.
>>
File: Autistic Screeching.gif (462KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
Autistic Screeching.gif
462KB, 500x285px
commies will pay for their murder
>>
>>130599028
>>130598194
>>
>>130590437
no, not even teh CIA is retarded enough to send a white college liberal hipster as a spy to north korea

use your fucking brain, they would send american koreans or chinks
>>
File: Meirl_4e1fbf_6121506.jpg (107KB, 900x623px) Image search: [Google]
Meirl_4e1fbf_6121506.jpg
107KB, 900x623px
>>130597998
According to a SK report, Kimmy's been suddenly getting really paranoid of Seal Team Six jumping through his window. Moving around erratically and trying to hide his identity.

Trump did also say something along the lines of "We're going to take care of it." and Tillerson seems to be dead serious that there's going to be consequences. Gotta plan it out first.

I won't be surprised in the least if the headline this time in two weeks would be "Kim Jong Un and Closest Aides Dead After US Military Midnight Raid, NK Military General Assumes Control of Hermit State Government"
>>
I hope, surely, you don't mean he was a US spy, pretending to be a 22 year old, because surely people in Wyoming, Ohio can attest to knowing him? He received honors and awards, so there's evidence, unless...
>US puts baby spy in care of 2 adult spies
>baby spy grows up to be teenage spy
>teenage spy goes through high school, still a spy
>spy spy spy
>>
>>130599658
instead of obama constantly sending billions in cash why didnt america just put up a bounty saying they would reward each military general 2 million dollars and full control of how to proceed to structure their state in exchange for assassinating kim jong?
>>
>>130590437
Theres a video of him taking their banner. He took the most vibrant thing in that shitty hallway and thought noone would notice. He was pulling white ppl colledge hijinks ine wrong place where their is no white privlage only kim privlage
>>
File: 1480919088673.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1480919088673.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>130599698

>Wyoming, Ohio
>tfw they revealed another spook city

It's sandy hook all over again
>>
>>130590437
He was the world's worst spy if he was one
>>
>>130590437
RIP in pieces Otto. Just what the fuck did the North Koreans do to this poor man?
>>
>>130590437

>He looks older than a typical college student
Friend of mine goes to school with him (it's the same town Chris Chan always got in trouble in, actually).

If you were to give a spy a fake name, wouldn't you pick "John Smith" instead of "Sillyname McFaggotry"?

>We're told he was captured for stealing a poster, that's probably just the cover story
Wow that's pretty convincing evidence there.
>>
A stupid guy died. good for the US.
>>
>>130600076
They won't be as loyal or reasonable as they would be if they know for certain that if we don't like them we'll simply swoop in and kill them just as easily as their dear leader.

Fear of certain death and desperation can change a lot of minds.. It'll also keep some future coups from happening within their ranks.
>>
>>130600553
flag sympathizing with literal jews
checks out
>>
File: IMG_0702.jpg (14KB, 292x173px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0702.jpg
14KB, 292x173px
Hes not a spy. He looks as dorky as his dad. Their a video of him stealing. Stupid white kid that thought he could get away with it. He should have bought a kim jung pin at the sovenier shop
>>
>>130600203
>tfw 84% white

>>130600613
>tfw that flag
JAP stands for

JEWISH AMERICAN PRINCESS

It's in the dicktionary.
>>
>>130600713
no almost all of them live in constant fear of kim jong and if you recall he had many of his top generals assassinated recently over the past couple years

the NK army is generally not a huge fan of dear leader, they are just scared shitless of being ratted out by someone else
>>
>>130600203
>Wyoming, Ohio
its neighborhood in north cincinnati,
>>
>>130590437
Hahahahahahahah
Stop making excuses Brandon, lil Kim killed this kid and you won't do anything.
>>
>>130601054
They could coup him if they had control of the military. They just need to be sure they can proceed with a coup
>>
>>130600930
You think spies look like James Bond?
>>
File: ladyboy.jpg (306KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
ladyboy.jpg
306KB, 1280x600px
>>130599698
the soviets did it.
>>
>>130590437
Plenty of young spies these days the fucking scumbag government think these stupid idiots can infiltrate , rip get nuked fucking shill scum
>>
>>130601054

Mostly true, but there's a carrot with the stick too. During the "Arduous March" (the famine years of the 1990s), Kim Jong-Il cannibalized nearly every other part of the state economy to feed the military -- the "Military First Policy." If you're loyal and non-threatening, you can command vast resources that the military was NEVER allowed in any other Communist country. So there are some definite benefits to smiling and bowing and scraping, better than the benefits almost anywhere else in the Communist world.
>>
>>130599698
Yellowstone now please
>>
>>130595535
delete this
>>
File: IMG_0703.jpg (158KB, 1199x776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0703.jpg
158KB, 1199x776px
The real spy
>>
>>130595535
Still believing anything the government tell you

>wake up idiot
>>
>>130599366

they probably have many varieties of spy
>>
>>130599010
i'm assuming based on what we know of how american prisoners have been historically treated. hypoxia could be caused by any number of things but an attempted suicide seems most plausible.
>>
>>130604331
Wouldn't they notice broken neck bones or a damaged windpipe?
>>
>>130599366
he was embedded with a student tour group. his race didn't matter. if anything, a korean would be the most suspicious candidate for a spy.
>>
>>130604571
the cells people are held in are described as 5x6 with walls aside from slats in the door that can be adjusted to let in light. assuming he had a belt or something to try and strangle himself with it's not like he could hang himself from any sort of height. so no, not necessarily.

it's speculation but seeing as how he was a blabbering child during sentencing i don't think he'd do well with solitary, and it makes far more sense than the norks literally torturing him.
>>
>>130600463
you don't the real reason he was arrested. the banner thing is just the cover story. the video is easily faked, he could've been coerced into doing it, it proves nothing
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.