[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BBC goes explaining Islamophobia..

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2017-06-20-04-50-46_1.jpg (208KB, 1078x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-20-04-50-46_1.jpg
208KB, 1078x1544px
What is Islamophobia?

Following recent events in the news you might have been hearing a lot about Islam and maybe the term 'Islamophobia' - but what does this mean?

The UK is full of people who follow lots of different faiths and religions.

Most of the time they all get along and people are free to live the way they want to.

However, some groups are targeted because of their beliefs, and because of events that people blame them for - even if this is incorrect.

Islamophobia is when Muslims are the victims of attacks just because of their religion.

It is something that worries a lot of people.
>>
File: _96549428_2.jpg (22KB, 375x210px) Image search: [Google]
_96549428_2.jpg
22KB, 375x210px
What is Islam?

Islam is a religion, and the people who follow it are called Muslims.

Almost a quarter of the world's population are Muslims and in the UK it's about 1 in 20 people.

Islam is the second largest religion in the UK after Christianity.

Islam is over 1,400 years old, dating back to the 7th Century.

The Islamic word for God is Allah.

The word "Islam" comes from an old Arabic word meaning "peace."

Why are Muslims being targeted?

Some people have blamedallMuslims for recent terrorist attacks carried out by extreme groups who say they follow the religion of Islam.

But, many people say those terrorist groups have extreme beliefs of hatred and violence that have little to do with what most Muslims believe.

It is important not to blame a big group of people for what a small number of individuals have done.

Islamophobia can result in Muslims being targeted, whether in person or online.

They can be badly treated, insulted or even physically hurt.

Many people think Islamophobia is created when a person doesn't properly understand what Muslims do or believe, and that the best way to combat it is to have a better understanding of Muslims and Islam.
>>
are you sure it's not when you're afraid of muslims because they constantly try to blow you up, run you over, stab you etc?
>>
apparently it's now being tired of muslims blowing shit up and killing people
>>
>really realigned my mind
>>
>>130582464
The BBC knows much better than Muslims what Muslims believe
>>
>>130582786
I believe the morning news described the white on worshipful Muslim truck attack as being a consequence of Islamophobia.

I suppose they meant the poor guy saw Muslims as he was driving his truck down the road, had a panic attack, and felt he had to try to mow them down for his own safety.
>>
Does pointing out how Muslims treat gays like shit counts as islamophobia?

If yes then it can go fuck itself.
>>
>>130583893
No, that's homophobia.
>>
It's when Islam doesn't belong in my country
>>
Did they ever do an infidelphobia everytime a muslim massacres non muslim?
>>
>>130582360
>>130582464
is the intended audience of this children?
>>
>Whoa! Don't hate that oppressive cult, bro - that's a PHOBIA!

Lol.
>>
>>130582360
>implying we haven't heard of islamophobia

i wanna beat up the person that made this article
>>
>>130583893
gays like to be treated like shit. they willingly give each other disease so that they can die.
>>
>>130582360
you have to pay 20$ a month to view this propaganda lulz
>>
File: buddhist(((terrorist))).webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
buddhist(((terrorist))).webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>130582360
>1 in 20 people in UK are muslim
is this actually true or is this inflated like the "10% are gay" and "1 in 4 women are raped" numbers?

Would love to hear these idiots explain why all religions seem to have trouble with muslims but can seem to be able to figure out how to tolerate every religion -just to witness the great feats of mental gymnastics.
>>
>>130584422
Yes, newsround is a dumbed down version of BBC news intended for children
>>
almond activater
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.