[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(((PHARISEES)))

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Sermon.jpg (238KB, 1375x861px) Image search: [Google]
Sermon.jpg
238KB, 1375x861px
I'm reading through the New Testament for the first time, as I'm at a point in my life where I need some spiritual growth and guidance.

But I'm noticing a lot of bashing of synagogues, old ways, traditions, and pretty much every chapter talks about how the (((pharisees))) are conniving, shekel-hoarding, exclusionist, manipulative bastards.

And then of course there's Judas, the (((treasurer))) of the apostles.

Anyway, am I just an autist corrupted by /pol/, or am I reading this accurately? Cause it sounds to me like the jews haven't changed in 2000 years. And why are there so many Christians brainwashed into seeing Israel as the promise land and Jews as God's chosen people?
>>
File: 1464399011059.jpg (2MB, 2616x1515px) Image search: [Google]
1464399011059.jpg
2MB, 2616x1515px
>>
>>130553245
I think more of /pol/ should read The New Testament. It's got some pretty wholesome passages, and accurately labels (((certain people))) in the world for what they are and what to watch out for.
>>
>>130554726
/pol/ is a Christian board because the red pill is actually Christianity. It's what informs us of our futures.
>>
>>130554726
Except most of the NT was written by (((Saul of Tarsus))) and almost all of (((Christianity))) is based on his teachings
>>
File: IMG_2728.jpg (25KB, 200x211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2728.jpg
25KB, 200x211px
>>130556466
Hahhahaha

You fucking Burgers......
>>
>>130556513
A good portion of modern Christianity focuses on (((the pope))) and the papal state run by cryto-jews.

Which is why Martin Luther tried to reform the (((Church))) in much the same way Jesus tried to reform (((The Jews))).

I think the lesson here to take away is always be wary of corruptors, even if they appear to be one of your own.
>>
>>130554726
100% unironically agree with this. /Pol/ is what first prompted me to read the Bible again and it's been a great experience.
>>
>>130558620

but didn't luther just open the way for any tom, dick, or harry to start their own version of christianity. any clown can now just rent a room anywhere and say they are 'insert word' protestant and hold services. which one is the right one?

at least in catholicism, there is literally hundreds of miles of shelves filled with musings and intellectual debate etc. plus it can trace it's history back to the days of the apostles and its practises have been handed down over the millenia.
>>
>>130552951
You have to read the arguments be tween Jesus and the Pharisees/Saduccees in context, or at least in a first century Jewish perspective. Jesus was an Essene, a "denomination" if you will, of Judaism.

The Essenes were at odds with the Pharisees over control of the temple and each group was constantly at odds with the other. If you read The Jewish War by Flavius Josephus he gives a fairly detailed account of each of the three groups.

Also, the Dead Sea Scrolls were written by Essenes, and the teachings found in them closely resemble the teachings of Christianity.
>>
>>130559223

Valid point. The way I've always looked at it is that, looking at the first 4 books (The Gospels recounting Jesus' life), spirituality and morality should focus more on the individual and less on one massive, easily corruptible circle-jerk sect of a religion.

Because when you do that, you get (((The Pharisees))).

I like to think Luther was just pissed that everyone was going along with whatever bullshit the Papal State pulled out of their ass to acquire more shekels.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.