[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why haven't you swallowed the country pill yet /pol/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: country.png (3MB, 1564x880px) Image search: [Google]
country.png
3MB, 1564x880px
why haven't you swallowed the country pill yet /pol/?
>>
Well I was born in a small town
And I live in a small town
Probably die in a small town
Oh, those small communities
All my friends are so small town
My parents live in the same small town
My job is so small town
Provides little opportunity
Educated in a small town
Taught the fear of Jesus in a small town
Used to daydream in that small town
Another boring romantic that's me
But I've seen it all in a small town
Had myself a ball in a small town
Married an L.A. doll and brought her to this small town
Now she's small town just like me
No I cannot forget where it is that I come from
I cannot forget the people who love me
Yeah, I can be myself here in this small town
And people let me be just what I want to be
Got nothing against a big town
Still hayseed enough to say
Look who's in the big town
But my bed is in a small town
Oh, and that's good enough for me
Well I was born in a small town
And I can breathe in a small town
Gonna die in this small town
And that's probably where they'll bury me
>>
>>130491431
I was born in the country, molded by it.

Grew up in the middle of nowhere Texas. I'm stuck in the city working right now. Maybe one day I'll get the cash to move outside the limits and get some land and a nice house. For now i'll be stuck in suburbia.
>>
File: Llanrwst.jpg (340KB, 990x695px) Image search: [Google]
Llanrwst.jpg
340KB, 990x695px
Why haven't you, boyo?
>>
>>130491431
Because I make software for a living.
>>130492386
holy shit that looks comfy. would live there in a heartbeat.
>>
what countries have good countrysides worth moving to? curious about other places besides just here
>>
>>130493874
>Because I make software for a living.

So do I.

I went rural a few years ago. Full time work-from-home. It's wonderful. Truly wonderful.

Software is one of the easiest professions to do rurally. Getting good internet is hard, but if you can get it, software is one of the easiest things to do full-time-remote.

I love it here. My church is small and very conservative; the nearby towns are tiny, and it's still the high-trust monocultural society that our ancestors built for us.

Do it.
>>
I have the flu. It hurts to swallow anything

>>130494056
Australian. Specifically Tasmania. But stay out of there. I'd like to keep it Tasmanian.
>>
File: Y-Llywedd.jpg (317KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Y-Llywedd.jpg
317KB, 1200x800px
>>130494056
British countryside is very nice. I personally prefer the Welsh countryside, but all parts are very beautiful.
>>
>>130494205
I have to be on site for product management meetings. I have too much face time required to be able to swing the off-site set up.
>>
>>130494508

I understand. But there are other software jobs that don't have those requirements, and other companies that aren't fixated on "muh in person".

Everyone has web cams and video now. You can show up at the office a few times a year.

If you want to do the rural thing, in software, it can be done, if you make it a priority. It may not be able to be done at your current company, or in your current role. But it can be done.

fwiw, I'm actually a people manager now. Still full time remote. At a big company you've heard of. There aren't many people in my situation, but then again, there are software companies that are full-time remote work.

Hopefully, I'll never move to a big city ever again for work.
>>
The only thing to do here when you're not working manual labour is pursue ugly slags and drink overpriced beer
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.