[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, what if the alt-right was actually leftists acting like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Guys, what if the alt-right was actually leftists acting like what they thought right-wingers were, then people started joining, and it's gained movement with nobody having any idea of its origins?
>>
>>130408394
That's exactly what happened.
>>
File: modern heros.jpg (156KB, 901x901px) Image search: [Google]
modern heros.jpg
156KB, 901x901px
That IS what happened. You cannot tell me this isn't satire
>>
Useful idiots my friend
>>
Dont think it already happened but that's one possible option.
At least blind muslims hatred and unironic Hidler admiration are both quite useful narratives.
>>
>>130408394
We have our own useful idiots now.
>>
>>130408394
>what if
yeah sure kid
"what if" something like that happened
what if, indeed
>>
File: 1497722790124.png (327KB, 1400x940px) Image search: [Google]
1497722790124.png
327KB, 1400x940px
>>130408394
>guys, what if social movements slowly came to fruition through the actions and thoughts of a few and transformed into a monolithic entity?

Know how I know you're a child?
>>
File: Pepe.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>130408394
The entire movement of any new great meme that happens on the internet is primarily satire based; mocking something in a way that subverts people's initial defences for having their minds changed.

The energy behind the satire is often the most interesting thing. In the case of the 'alt' or 'new' right; after being accused of being patriarchal Nazi fascist skinhead evil misogynist madmen for so long, people threw their hands up and said 'fine, fuck you, I am those things, go ahead and call me it because now I'm not letting it bother me/modifying my behaviour because of those accusations, you have no power over me anymore - I'd rather be known as a Nazi than let you have power over me, because you are untrustworthy and erratic'

Which is why the Pepe meme has become so intriguing to me. It too evolved to reflect something.

First, he was some random comic character.

Then he was the poster-boy for odd but satisfying things, sometimes kept secret. (e.g. peeing standing up with your pants all the way down)

Then he became a symbol of depression (mirroring 'feels' guy).

Then he became this strange joker-esque symbol of a person dealing with despair.

And lately now, he's this creepy symbol of a person smiling in the face of any and all situations; like an open-source-created Mona Lisa, sporting an ambiguously knowing grin in all situations.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.