[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Happy Father's Day /pol/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: jordan_peterson_2.jpg (60KB, 789x469px) Image search: [Google]
jordan_peterson_2.jpg
60KB, 789x469px
Have you rescued him yet?
>>
>>130375936
I have listened a lot of prof peterson audios but I have never heard the "rescue your father" ones. A basic gestalt?
>>
>>130376162
Check the Maps of Meaning lectures this year. He did that with his Pinocchio analysis
>>
File: 1494407256333.jpg (75KB, 984x698px) Image search: [Google]
1494407256333.jpg
75KB, 984x698px
>>130376162
Rescuing your father refers to understanding and connecting with your culture and traditions, and then shouldering responsibility and moving forward.

It has connotations of the young person that has resented their father for being strict with them, but then learns to understand why they were, and that their father was trying to prepare them for life.

It also has connotations of people coming to understand why their father failed them, and shouldering the necessary responsibility to not fail their own children in the same way.

So it is both literally about the father, and figuratively about understanding the patriarchal aspects of their culture.
>>
>>130377364
Fucking nailed it.

God bless you and your president anon.
>>
File: 1497515651603.jpg (135KB, 685x820px) Image search: [Google]
1497515651603.jpg
135KB, 685x820px
>>
>>130377364
Nailed it. He should make clothing that says rescue your father. Its such a potent meme. It conveys everything you just said in 3 words. Very potent meme potential.
>>
File: 1494993873336.jpg (2MB, 1575x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494993873336.jpg
2MB, 1575x1080px
In the process of buying land in the countryside and building my parents (who raised me like shit)a cabin before the social upheaval crushes this cucked nation. Theres no way my family is going to starve. Inspired by Jordan Peterson. I have this patriarchal side that my father lacks, and am I ever raging-pissed that he didnt move us to safety already. Was more concerned with getting high than showing me wholesome, family oriented living. Makes me tear up thinking about it. Generation X spit in their parents faces and embraced the contrived and phony hippy era...this is why the average millennial has an inverted sense of morality. Being raised by fools that were raised by media. We're fucked, boyos.

What are you guys doing to rescue your father?
>>
>>130375936
Save him
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.