[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These new flags are really fucking dumb and should be removed.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1492745099414.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492745099414.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
These new flags are really fucking dumb and should be removed.
>>
>>130368875
>New
You should be removed.
(But seriously an argument can be made that people are wearing an ideology badge hinders discourse)
>>
>>130369116
Sorry I havent been on /pol/ for a few months. Only thing good that comes from it is people cant scream shitty leaf memes anymore.
>>
>>130369116
>But seriously an argument can be made that people are wearing an ideology badge hinders discourse

And an argument can be made that showing your geographic location also hinders discourse.
>>
They're for training an ideology classifier. The idea is we self-label our posts with an ideology, through picking a flag, and the content of our posts are NLP'd and fed through a neural network. After there's enough training samples, the classifier should be able to parse totally new posts and pick the ideology that the poster most closely aligns with.

If you want to fuck with it by adding noise to the data, pick a random flag every time. But most people won't do that.
>>
Walk th' plank!
>>130369116
it actually doesn't
>>
>>130368875
>he's butthurt i can finally show my true colors
>>
>>130368875
We had these flags years ago nigger. We just didn't have the added geographic location too. It used to be they were randomly assigned. Then you were able to choose. Then they scrapped that and gave everyone JIDF or Israeli flags. Then the IP based flags. Now this.
>>
I feel like the new flags sort of undermine the whole "/pol/ is the serious version of /bant/". I don't know what they're doing anymore. moderators used to have a tinge of malicious agenda to them. now, it's chaos trying to guess their intent.
>>
File: you must return.png (15KB, 811x537px) Image search: [Google]
you must return.png
15KB, 811x537px
>>130368875
so to speak
>>
flags don't hinder discussion at all actually
>>
File: CzFQX29.jpg (21KB, 1096x578px) Image search: [Google]
CzFQX29.jpg
21KB, 1096x578px
>>130368875
I'd like to see you try to take my flag
>>
File: 1496335546996.gif (4MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1496335546996.gif
4MB, 512x384px
>>130368875

Agreed.

It helps to hide where the shills are posting from.

Now we don't know if the posters are Leafs or not.

Another way that /pol/ has been infiltrated.
>>
>>130369206
>havent been on /pol/ in a few months
nigger these flags are oldschool af
Lurkmoar
>>
>>130368875
Agreed
>>
>>130370419
> this plebbit spacing.
maybe r_donald or /b/ would be more your thing. i for one like the flags - it gets rid of all the leaf, poo in loo and stralia shutposting
>>
>>130373707
nigger
>>
>>130373707
>chink
>calling other people a leaf

Shouldn't you be having Fido for lunch now, Changalang?
>>
>>130368875
Don't complain about the flags, complain about the people who use them. Also, operate under the assumption that they are either Canadian or Swedish.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.