[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Q1: Do you own a business or work a 9-5? Q2: Justify your choice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 20e995b3230740e1051c509c12a01f3d.jpg (589KB, 3300x2475px) Image search: [Google]
20e995b3230740e1051c509c12a01f3d.jpg
589KB, 3300x2475px
Q1: Do you own a business or work a 9-5?

Q2: Justify your choice
>>
A1: Fuck off, journalist.

A2: sage.
>>
>>130320597
I work at a call center and hate my life.
>>
>>130320597
9-5. Leadership is tiresome. I'd rather be in the back room letting somebody else deal with all that and using whatever my particular skill is.
>>
>>130320597
Work 8-5. Hour long lunch break to play basketball with boys and crack a couple cold ones open with my manager. I work at a chemical plant
>>
>>130320597
i dig holes for $12/hour from 8 to 6
>>
>>130320828
i agree, i too want to focus on development of one skill, and have fixed timings and fixed incomes

with a buisness, you may earn more, but your timings and income are not sure + heavy lies the head that wears the crown type of stuff
>>
Both
9-5 in a corporate gig
A side advertising/DD-prevention company that nets me 1-2k passively a month
I outsource writing college essays for people in LA and SoCal to India, another 1k with about 10-12 hours of work amonth
Own a tech start up

i get maybe 5 hours sleep average, but im living rent free so I can buy memejuicers to keep my health up
>>
I own my own business. It's vastly superior to the 9-5s I worked before this. I have vastly more freedom and I see direct results from working harder. Sometimes it's frightening to think my future is entirely dependent on myself, but ultimately, that gives me more security than working for someone who could go out of business just the same as I can—and who can fire me whenever they please.
>>
>>130321067
are you happy with this? have you thought about long term goals, and your retirement plan?
>>130320971
are you an engineer>::

p.s. i am just a college student, and dont know what to do with my life, i want a job, where i can have enough money to travel to atleast one foreign country per annum...this way i'll explore the world, one country at a time, like anthony bourdain---but currently, all jobs in the near future seem to only barely pay for my bills, let alone pay for my travels
>>
>>130320597
no

I have enough money to get by without working and I don't want to work.
>>
8-5 doing healthcare for literal degenerates. Planning transition to self-employed, probably trading cheap chinese goods on Amazon
>>
>>130321099
Plus the schools are a communist indoctrination camp. What if they actually taught kids what they might need to know to go out and run their own businesses? What if it weren't all fags who pay for MBAs telling people how to do their jobs? What if kids joined the family business instead of hiring illegals?

It's not like I don't have leadership qualities, but I wouldn't know where the fuck to begin running my own thing beyond a tiny under the table operation.
>>
>>130321432
what happens when you get too old to work and want to retire?

who will earn for you at that time?
>>
>>130321487
truthfully its not expensive to travel, the major upfront cost is time, not money.
>>
>>130320597
Q1 business owner
Q2 I'm too lazy to work a lot and need lot of money
>>
>>130321626
retirement isn't the same concept for the self-employed and self-directed. they work until they're played out.
>>
10-6, audio engineer.

Trying to decide if I want to start my own business.
>>
>>130321626
I still have to pay into social security like anyone else, so unless it's all been handed out as reparations by then, I'll have that. I also max my SEP contribution every year to cut down on taxes and save for retirement.

The stuff I create is theoretically evergreen, so it can keep selling even when I've stopped creating more of it—although realistically, I won't be counting on it for much at that point.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.