[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BASED TEACHER

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

File: 98498446.jpg (36KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
98498446.jpg
36KB, 350x525px
In grade 10 history class, I had possibly one of the best teachers I have ever had. Every summer he would use the 2 months off to work around the world in the UN. He seemed very well educated, and I wondered why he was teaching grade 10.

The rundown:
>He said school was largely bullshit, and that if he was given sole power of the creation of the curriculum, he could teach every necessary basic skill to a student in no less than 3 years instead of 12.

>Showed us lite-gore videos smuggled out of africa to show us the realities of these war torn countries (girls in the class were literally crying)

>Largely talked about deep issues, current events and general philosophy and history

At the end of the year he was calling everyone up to see their final marks. When he called me up, he showed a 49. He then explained that out of everyone in the class, I was the brightest one because any time he would spark questions or talk about subjects, I would always raise my hand and ask genuine, deep questions.

He explained that I "get it" and that he thought I was the type to go on to make a real difference.

He then edited the mark on the system right there to a 60.

At the time I was appreciative but now a decade later I realize just how based this man was: a real teacher that made you think.

It's just too bad most of the other students in my class were too high or apathetic to give a shit.

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.