[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point do antitrust laws kick in?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1495518574120.jpg (75KB, 630x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495518574120.jpg
75KB, 630x450px
At what point do antitrust laws kick in?
>>
File: capitalist.jpg (60KB, 690x645px) Image search: [Google]
capitalist.jpg
60KB, 690x645px
never
>>
>>130263420
It's 2017
>>
>>130263420
When a company stops playing ball with the state.
Only reason Bill Gates and Microsoft got the trouble they got back in the 90's. They weren't monopolizing anything by any stretch of the imagination. They just weren't being good goyim.
>>
>>130263420

When they stop paying a living wage for poor, down on their luck, legislators.
>>
>>130263420
You can't punish corporations for becoming monopolies if every corporation is becoming a monopoly at the same time.
>>
>>130263420
When you elect a government that enforces them.
>>
>>130263420
Probably not anytime soon after buying a company bringing in less than 2% of the revenue in its sector.
>>
File: IMG_2787.jpg (22KB, 162x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2787.jpg
22KB, 162x227px
>>130263752
>>130264340
>>130264615
Stop monopolizing markets
>>
>>130264967
Pretty sure they are one distribution logistics meeting away from having that solved now.
All Amazon needs is a successful bid on Disney, and they can literally provide anything to anyone like a Star Trek replicator you subscribe to.
>>
>>130263420
After I make bank on RAD acquisition
>>
File: Special-Forces-Dmitry-Kolosov.jpg (17KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
Special-Forces-Dmitry-Kolosov.jpg
17KB, 261x195px
>>130263420
>that awkward moment when GS is doing your financials
Glad I invested in whole foods, x times better than Donalds anyway.
Proudly present by ant-indicator Goldman Sachs who talked whole foods down.
Isn't GS somewhere in the US government?
>>
>internet retailer buys hipster grocery store
>antitrust
>>
>>130265369
main reason they bought it is for the real estate in hundreds of prime high-income locations since they have been looking for a way to expand amazon fresh and same-day delivery. Work already done for them
>>
File: IMG_2788.jpg (58KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2788.jpg
58KB, 1024x576px
>>130265311
>Glad I invested in whole foods

1. How much did you invest?

2. Would you recommend getting into stocks?
>>
>>130265238
>Pretty sure they are one distribution logistics meeting away from having that solved now.
Yeah we'll know shortly what they're thinking. Maybe they have a master plan in place and all they needed was to buy an established grocer as the last piece of the puzzle, but they might just be taking a first concrete step into a market they've been toying with for a while with AmazonFresh and the experimental brick & mortar shops. I have no doubt this as a big a deal as everyone's saying but we might not see the endgame for a long time.

Also a lot of the articles today are treating the deal going through like a given, but nothing been's signed yet. All that happened today was an offer that was enthusiastically received, but nothing's approved and signed yet.
>>
>>130265775

whole foods is nearly bankrupt, but nothing official will ever be shown in the msm
>>
>>130263420
Last Anti-Trust was Microdick

Before that it was AT&T at 80s.

And then before that last one I found was like Standard Oil.

If anything they should break up cable companies, but that ain't happening.
There's no will for trust busting, as lefties are more concerned with bathrooms than business and the Social Right is considering ways to survive and not economic power of the elites.

I think nazies should advocate break up of big companies. Would expose lefties as capitalism shills and it could destroy some destructive corporations.
>>
>>130266333
maybe they'll finally lower their ludicrous prices then
>>
>>130266333

they expanded wayyyy too fast and are bleeding money like crazy on high property fees/rent because of their business models. They have tons of brand new stores literally sitting empty not generating revenue until FY18 waiting for a savior
>>
File: justreadthis.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
justreadthis.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
>>130265524
1 not much, i run my own fund small scale
2 depends on you level of confirmation bias and appreciation for style, people don't buy or sell because of some numbers only
>>
>>130266414
they also are very snobbish in their construction requirements, only buying the best of the best equipment. Their ovens cost over $100k a piece, they have ridiculous cooklines and building control systems running 24/7. They will be bought out or go bankrupt SOON, it's not a matter of if, just when
>>
It's clear from the governments handling (lack of) of the internet that it no longer gives a shit about sound world building strategy. Instead, it's just immediate profiteering that matters.

It's going to be fun watching the USA continually eat shit, then try to use the military to make up for it. Typical old fag losers just cant compete fairly or accept they suck ass at life. Nuke these fucking niggers, please.
>>
>>130263420
>implying corporations don't make the laws
I'm not sure you fully grasp how society works.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.