[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This can't be true.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: N1PA7zy.png (504KB, 862x599px) Image search: [Google]
N1PA7zy.png
504KB, 862x599px
I was learning some american culture and I just read this in Wikipedia:

>The word California originally referred to the Baja California Peninsula of Mexico; it was later extended to the entire region composed of the current United States states of California, Nevada, and Utah, and parts of Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Wyoming.

>The name California is surmised by some writers to have derived from a fictional paradise peopled by BLACK AMAZONS and ruled by QUEEN CALAFIA, who fought alongside Muslims and whose name was chosen to echo the title of a MUSLIM LEADER, THE CALIPH, fictionally implying that CALIFORNIA WAS THE CALIPHATE. The story of Calafia is recorded in a 1510 work The Adventures of Esplandián, written as a sequel to Amadis de Gaula by Spanish adventure writer Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo. The kingdom of Queen Calafia, according to Montalvo, was said to be a remote land inhabited by griffins and other strange beasts, and rich in gold.

>Know ye that at the right hand of the Indies there is an island called California, very close to that part of the Terrestrial Paradise, which was inhabited by BLACK WOMEN WITHOUT A SINGLE MAN among them, and they lived in the manner of Amazons. They were robust of body with strong passionate hearts and great virtue. The island itself is one of the wildest in the world on account of the bold and craggy rocks.
—Chapter CLVII of The Adventures of Esplandián
>>
>When Spanish explorer Francisco de Ulloa was exploring the western coast of North America, his initial surveys of the Baja California Peninsula led him to believe that it was an island rather than part of the larger continent, so he dubbed the "island" after the mythical island in Montalvo's writing. This conventional wisdom that California was an island, with maps drawn to reflect this belief, LASTED AS LATE AS THE 1700S.

This can't be true right? Tell me that this was some nigger that edited the wikipedia. I have always thought that California meant some type of land of heat, in spanish heat=calor=cali.
>>
File: peps.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
peps.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>130235999
we don't care what it's called Jose, it's ours now.
>>
>>130236312
But us that fucking true?
>>
>>130236625
how the hell do we know. your the one posting this. why dont you check the sources on wikipedia and get back to us. I have never heard this before and its pretty interesting.
>>
>>130236625
fuck if i know nor care
YEEEEE HAWWWW
>>
>>130236312
rekt
>>
File: Guanche Mustard Race.jpg (149KB, 780x432px) Image search: [Google]
Guanche Mustard Race.jpg
149KB, 780x432px
>>130235999

WE WUZ AMAZONS N SHEEIT.

What's with Spain and genociding master races.
>>
>>130238335
I'm from those islands and that is a fabricated lie. The Guanches were from africa, berbers people not white blonde people. I studied it too. It was to say that the natives were from european origin so the conquerors could merge with them and many other things I can't remember now but I know half of the guanches history is fabricated by the conquistadors.
>>
>>130235999
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology_of_California
>>
>>130238827
It says the same thing. What are you trying to say?
>>
>>130238631
>Berbers
Berbers are caucasiod though, so it's possible they could have had those traits.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.