[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amazon's monopoly is decimating US economy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 50

File: Not_a_monopoly.jpg (115KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Not_a_monopoly.jpg
115KB, 600x400px
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/06/when-exactly-does-amazon-become-a-monopoly/530616/

Why are we letting this monopoly silently destroy our local economies?

Back in the day we would be able to drive down the street and buy everything we could possibly need from a local small business and get things in less than 20 min. Now Amazon has replaced the small business owner's ability to generate wealth, with a $12/hr warehouse slave. Or the owner's can bend over to Amazon's pyramid-like scheme, just to get data raped and replaced by Amazon's in house product. Now we wait 2-7 days for cheaper crap-products. That is, until they launch the drones which will just put us back in the same place as before, waiting 20 min for a product to arrive. People are literally buying clothes and shoes that don't fit, spending weeks sending exchanging them online when they could have just went to a store and find the perfect fit in just 30 min or less. Less reasons to go outside, no consumer culture(malls), no ability to generate wealth. Just more solitude and endless consumption at our own detriment.
>>
>>130224507
Archive shills
https://archive.is/nIWwY
>>
>>130224507
Jeff Bezos is working with the US Deep State is the reason why he bought the WaPo (CIA newspaper).
>>
I want to support small local businesses.
But I am guilty of shopping at Amazon.
Why can't I fucking find a plain dark fleece with no corporate logo bullshit on it?
I could waste hours searching stores for that and not find it.
Or just order it on amazon in 5 minutes.
>>
File: alone in the woods too long.jpg (31KB, 450x327px) Image search: [Google]
alone in the woods too long.jpg
31KB, 450x327px
>>130224507
Putting those $15 an hour bag boys out of work, even if they are 70 yo. Next automated fast food. Congrats to the liberals, once again you are getting what you asked for!!!
>>
>>130224866
a universal basic income? Sounds great.
people will need money to consume and keep it going so they will just print money and let people but shot on Amazon.
Welfare for all sounds good. For 25k yearly I would never leave my home
>>
File: 1496306582258.png (453KB, 1804x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1496306582258.png
453KB, 1804x2160px
>>130224507
>walmart been round for decades
>>
>>130224507
It's not decimating shit. It's done a lot more than reduce it by a factor of ten. Learn what fucking words mean, faggot.
>>
File: 1494648648996.gif (158KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1494648648996.gif
158KB, 240x180px
>>130225155
Good goy!
Submit to our power. Don't even try to compete with us. The rules don't apply to us. Take that 25K/year and the fidget spinner comes free!
>>
because right wing pinkos shoot up pizza parlors baseball games churches and the small business owners vehemently deny selling the guns or ammo to some schizo nutjob while amazon conveniently compiles a database of what customers they have what they have bought and comply with the govt because they put their country first not their little gun shop before country
>>
>>130224507
why are warehouses like that so tall? that's an awful lot of wasted space
>>
>>130224507
Bumping...
>>
I was at Walgreens yesterday, looked at their prices for Crest White Strips, every single box was around $10 more expensive than online.

Don't get me started on HDMI cables... the market at electronic stores is like 500-1000% compared to online.

Remind me again why online shopping is bad?
>>
File: 1481711508272.jpg (22KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
1481711508272.jpg
22KB, 480x340px
good, I don't want spend time in some shitty mall standing in line with the other faggots.

one click with the mouse and I get it delivered right to my door.

fuck your little cuck shops.

AMAZON FUCK YEA
>>
File: IMG_0221.jpg (70KB, 540x705px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0221.jpg
70KB, 540x705px
>>130224507
That factory is so out of date. Still using humans to pack books instead of robot springs u dear the books and conveyor belts.
>>130224507
The problem op is AMA on is' a monopoly, it functions in practice like a monopsony.
a monopoly keeps prices artificially high but a monopsony keeps prices artificially low.
Sense low prices are thought good for the consumer, our laws are not (yet) well set up for that.
thinking/ideologies has to change to understand artificially low prices are just as bad for citizens, before the laws change (same thing with the milk, corn/timber/steel/etc subsidies)
>>
>>130224507

>Worried Amazon is destroying local economies

>Amazon is a publicly traded stock.
>>
>>130224507
Amazon's distribution structure is so convenient. When you use amazon prime, you can get most of the stuff you want to buy for less than you can at a local store and it shows up at your door really fast. When it's for electronic equipment or cables or kitchen stuff or other basic products, I don't mind. This gets rid of plenty of big-box stores and replaces them with warehouses in Kentucky. It means that the local businesses that do survive are the ones with added service experiences -- community hubs, places that help you learn like a good record store, or places that hold events. I think this makes towns better. Hopefully in the long run this will result in the death of big-box stores. Eventually too the human labor in the warehouses will largely be replaced by robots that can grab anything from a shelf, box it, and ship it. This will result in lower costs for everyone.

The main economic problem would be if amazon start raising prices. However, they're still basically the cheapest for almost every product. If they keep on this way, then they provide value and convenience for consumers and they concentrate shitty warehouses in a small number of places in the US. All seems pretty fine to me. Gives us more time and money to work on things we really care about, like making music or going hiking or other shit that's actually cool. I know my view isn't popular but I think amazon is mostly improving life in the US.
>>
>>130226289
you shop at walgreens for the convenience of not going to a grocery store having to find parking and having to spend 10 minutes inside of one finding the item you wanted. walgreens is a 5 minute maximum shopping experience
>>
>>130224507
>Shop local
>Get charged fuck high prices in order to make ends meet
Or
>Shop Amazon
>Get those same products for a fraction of the price delivered to your door without having to deal with shitbag teenagers who would rather shitpost on their phone than provide customer service.
When "local economies" provide cheaper goods/services than Amazon, I'll start using them again. Until then, they can fuck off.
>>
>>130226077
>right wing
Are you sure about that buddy?

And a corporation working hand in hand with the govt? Totally not crony-capitalism.
>>
>>130226408
*The problem op is amazon is not a monopoly*
Sorry for the bizarre typo
>>
>>130226571
if there werent so many idiots who cry the govt is out to get them and when no one listens decide to kill innocent people then it wouldnt be necessary
>>
Amazon is great. It opens up markets and lets people buy things they normally can't find.

That said, I don't think I'll be able to buy groceries online and expect it fresh and ready to go.

Then again, it's only me
>>
>>130224507
Like it's the first time.
You started with the central bank then,
You did the same with Microsoft
Than Walmart
Than google.
That's how they control population .
>>
>>130226505
>This will result in lower costs for everyone.
See here
>>130226408
The problem is the prices are too low to make a living making much of anything, so new earth innovation stops. What places like Walmart and amazon do is impoverish local manufacturers by pushing prices so low nobody but pacastain dirt farmers can make stuff, leaving everyone out of a job.
Wallmart especially did more than anyone else to gut American jobs by underhand dealing and saying 'if you don't sell it for 50cents to us" we won't stock it, and flying to poor Asian countries to make cheap knock offs of everything.
It doesn't matter how cheap shit is if no one has a job to pay for it, and it's filled with lead plastics that make your kids IQ drop
>>
>>130224507
Bezos skimped on this months protection payments.
>>
>>130224507
Bump
>>
>>130226475
Yes! Let's feed a corporation tons of money, enable them to destroy every business/job in our town, and crush any possibility of owning our own assets and creating generational wealth for our own families.
>>
>>130225681
I worked for Amazon for the holiday season. It's a complete depressing shithole and I felt like I was in a sweatshop.

I avoid buying any thing from amazon.
>>
>>130225155
Yeah see that's the thing: UBI will never happen because liquidating excess population is easier.
>>
>>130224507
>Now Amazon has replaced the small business owner's ability to generate wealth

I'd hardly call Walmart a small business.
>>
>>130225155
why so eager to have your life in the hands of a billion dollar CIA-sponsored corporation? do you know how easily they could cut your gibs if they deem you a dissident? UBI is fucking dystopian.
>>
>>130224507
Replace every instance of the word "Amazon" with "Walmart."
>>
>>130224784
Just don't fucking do it. Stop being a weak faggot. You don't have to get everything you want.
>>
>>130224507
Glad they bought out Whole Foods. That store is for faggots and hippies. I hope Amazon destroys it with a Wal-Mart style drop in pricing of the food so unwashed masses waltz in and scare the urban hippie yuppies who vote for Obama and Hillary and realize they don't really like niggers and spics.

These companies saw what was coming and did nothing to change their ways to be competitive. It's good Amazon and Netflix are destroying video stores and brick and mortars. Those faggots deserve it for gouging us.
>>
>>130227198
That's an interesting perspective. Let's think about how this works with, say, flash drives. I was buying a new one recently and, like I always do, looking at all the options. There are some small ones (like 8mb) made by sandisk now that are dirt cheap. I don't know how they can be making much more than a few cents off each one. Also, there are fancy ones made by Samsung with nice metal casings that are 128gb or more). They cost a bit to buy but they're quite glamorous and a step up in technology (with USB 3.0 and waterproofing). I went for the more expensive Samsung option, so I'm paying more for a nicer, newer product, which helps support the R&D that went into the new product. I don't see innovation being stifled by the amazon sales model. I think that it does cut margins quite thin, but not to the point that we lose choice or that we stop buying quality products. It seems like a pretty good balance to me. It also means that I don't have to drive to my local Staples to buy the same product for a few dollars more. I always find shopping at places like Staples to be a bit depressing anyway.
>>
File: 1497482777988m.jpg (72KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1497482777988m.jpg
72KB, 1024x576px
>>130224507
>we would be able to drive down the street and buy everything we could possibly need from a local small business
But you couldn't.
Back before online shopping we had to go to the store only to discover they didn't have what we wanted in stock but they could order it in and have it in about five business days.
Amazon doesn't make my life any better.
Neither do brick and mortars.
>>
>anti Trump people hate Amazon
>now conspiracy nut /pol/tards are turning on them too

What a time to be alive
>>
>>130226211
The developer builds those spaces to be flexible in a any number of occupies, anything from a 2 story office to light manufacturing to warehousing.
>>
>>130227497
yeah Amazon is just killing the national brick-and-mortar stores
the sames ones that ruthlessly killed all the local non-chain stores
I have no sympathy for all of the marts that are being massacred by Amazon right now
>>
>get anything I want delivered to my doorstep in three days and pay 2/3 as much as retail
Fuck off Luddite.
>>
>>130227566
Why so eager to have your life in the hands of a big corporation? Do you know how easily they could lay you off if they decide it's cheaper to replace you with an Indian? At will employment is fucking dystopian.
>>
>>130224507
It is the free market. Taken to the extreme.
Let us watch it attempt the impossible.
>>
File: 1496768013389.jpg (55KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496768013389.jpg
55KB, 480x600px
>>130224507
this is the free market adjusting itself
you don't want to be a communist tyrant do you
>>
>>130227897
Blockbuster had a chance to buy Netflix relatively cheap in 99. They laughed the Netflix folks out of their boardroom.

5 years later, when they were getting their shit pushed in they tried to buy Netflix for like 50 mil. Netflix basically gave them bantz and they died off.

Fuck those big chain stores that are crying about Amazon. They killed main street America and now they want our concern? Fuck no. They made this monster, now they will be fed to it.
>>
>>130224507

>Back in the day we had to drive down the street and buy everything we
fixt
>>
>>130224507
The only "local economy" being hurt by Amazon at this point is brick and mortar Walmarts. Walmart killed local economy years ago.
>>
>>130227497
Walmart is cancer too. They are literally a wholesaling warehouse that sells directly to consumers instead of retailers. This should not be legal.
>>
The only monopolies that exist today are government enforced. Unless Amazon is exploiting some government regulation that gives them a competitive advantage then they're doing anything wrong. Companies should not be punished for more effectively pleasing their customers compared to the competition.
>>
>>130224507
To be fair, because I don't really know, but how much does your average non-Amazon/Box Store warehouse employee make?

I certainly don't want a monopoly but (and this is sad to say) $12/hr is about what I would expect that gig to pay in our economy. Was this a historically higher paying job? Because if not, then there's your answer + they are providing a quality product. Amazon prices fairly and is extremely convenient.

If they've bottomed out wages for the job itself then absolutely, this needs to be pursued aggressively - but even then it's still not a monopoly. Anyone is free to distribute and sell law-fully acquired media notwithstanding IP issues which is not what I'm discussing - I'm talking basic online retail sales, etc. They've just got the infrastructure in place.
>>
>>130226538
They can't though, thats the point
>>
>>130228112
Yes. This. Blockbuster killed all local video stores. Then Blockbuster got killed by Netflix.
>>
>Jews vs Jews
Let them fight.
>>
>>130224507
Okay, so what solution do you propose?
>>
>>130228048
better to place your life in the hands of a government that actively enables these practices? before trump, all of washington was cheering as americans were replaced by cheap labor for a minute GDP boost. now you want these same people to ensure your survival? top fucking kek
>>
File: images-1.jpg (7KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
7KB, 258x196px
>>130227678
So your argument is that people shouldn't get what they want when it's readily available and easy to acquire, solely because of your corporate boogeyman. Here's my question: Why the fuck should I submit myself to getting sub-par quality products, or not getting the products I want at all, from these "local stores" you seem to admire so much? If these local stores can't have a big or varied enough stock that they aren't carrying what I want then fuck them and fuck you because businesses exist to serve me, not the other way around, and I'm going to buy from the business that has what I want.
>>
Renaissance of Mom & Pop shops?
>>
>>130227678
>You don't have to get everything you want.

Too bad this is America and i fucking can because Im a god damn American who works and pays his taxes

Go fuck yourself, the world is my oyster poorfag
>>
>>130228174
Exactly. Amazon delivers a better product, faster, cheaper, and without the horrors of going through a musty store full of fat ugly rednecks and niggers. Notice there is not people of Amazon? I didn't think so.

>>130228222
Why not? It drives prices down. Fuck the middle man, they aren't needed. Greedy faggots.
>>
>>130224507
cheap stuff, good rating system, awesome service.

how can you complain though, really. just buy stock or something.
>>
>>130228278
>Companies should not be punished for more effectively pleasing their customers compared to the competition.

This works up until a certain point. Once a company becomes too big they can push out competition, establish a monopoly and then do whatever they want
>>
All the coolest shops don't sell the stuff amazon sells

you can get antiques, and restaurants of every type, and garden centers/shops, maps and art work

plenty of stores around still. think of all the professional services companies out there

Amazon is just another Walmart, a place to buy chinkshit

Every dollar I save on Amazon goes back into the economy anyway, I just consume more stuff now and eat good at lunch time
>>
Amazon is so convenient. When corporations become stronger than governments I will fight for them.
>>
>>130228469
>>130228427
Also, buy the stock called STAG. It pays a dividend, and with Amazon chewing up warehouse space, industrial space is now harder to find driving up the rents
>>
File: FedEx.png (59KB, 247x329px) Image search: [Google]
FedEx.png
59KB, 247x329px
>>130227198
>It doesn't matter how cheap shit is if no one has a job to pay for it
This. Dark days ahead.
>>130227860
I ordered a power supply from Amazon. Delivery date was 26th. Then it became the 28th. Then suddenly the 8th of the next month. Apparently Amazon was out and was relying on Just-In-Time shipping from a manufacturer in China to get my shit to me. At least at a store I know it's out when I go there and it's not there.

When Amazon conquers the market they WILL raise prices.
>>
>>130224507
Amazon isn't great. I hate those 3rd party sellers they try to push on you. But by and large, the experience at a brick and mortar retailer is much worse. At least they let you place an order without asking you 20 questions first.
>>
>>130228472
this desu
>>
File: IMG_0203.jpg (150KB, 1100x701px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0203.jpg
150KB, 1100x701px
>>130227845
Staples is indeed trash. I'm not against online shopping in general.
I'm also not against low prices, just artificially low prices. You have to think about everyday items.
>>130227822
While blockbuster was indeed trash, it was never unprofitable, it was bought out in a hedge fund style deal, reorganized and spun off with the debt. they always made money, just not enough to service the debt they didn't even create. Wall Street fucks destroyed blockbuster, not the market. Never trust a hedge fund.
>>
>>130224507
You're implying Amazon doesn't employ millions of small businesses and helps them sell dead product at higher than normal profit margins.
>>130224543
Also, why is the bot always as snow nigger?
>>
>>130228380
I'd like to add to that big name stores and the internet can't provide a personal and professional touch for certain services and goods. Smart people would start boutique style stores for certain things like hand crafted furniture, art, etc.

There are certain things that aren't mass produced and have a niche market to them. If people can't adapt to that, they deserve to die.

Example, my cousin owned and operated a furniture store that would appeal to yuppies because each piece she produced was unique and all that artisan shit yuppies eat up. Not my cup of tea but I'm not her target audience, now am I?

Well a Pier One opened up to her across the street. She failed to provide good service because she made it a habit to bring her toddler to work with her and would interrupt showing a customer around the store to tend to her kid. Instead of being smart and putting the kid in daycare, she decided she'd be Super Mom and fuck her business up.

Also she's kinda dumb. She believes stores have "energy". Basically she's a 40 year old cougar who has the mental maturity of a teenager.

But she blames "corporations", which is what dumb people use to describe big business while not realizing any size company can be a corporation, for her failure. She didn't produce a bad product, she sucked dick at customer service and business savvy.
>>
File: whoa.gif (16KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.gif
16KB, 645x773px
>>130227960
>15+ options for a product instead of 1-3
>both shill and non-shill photo and video reviews of your product right there below it
>don't have to waste time wandering around the store to find sections
>don't have to waste time with inconveniences like the store putting the Q-tips in the beauty section instead of the health/medicine section
>don't waste time in traffic, finding parking, or checking out
>don't have to have your mood depressed by being around fat, old and nonwhite people

fuck me I accidentally went grocery shopping on the 1st of this month
never again
>>
File: questionmarkanimegirl.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
questionmarkanimegirl.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>130224507

It's not the buyers' fault Amazon is offering a superior service. You're never, ever going to get large numbers of consumers to voluntarily opt for inferior services just to "save the economy." That's not how it works. There is only one realistic way for businesses to make money and that's by producing a service consumers want. If they can't do that, then they will die and they will deserve to die. Trying to shame people for being lazy isn't going to help your cause. You might as well yell at a rock for rolling downhill instead of uphill. It's just really obvious physics in both cases. You have to deal with it because it's not going to stop working the way it always works.
>>
>railroads decimated small farmers
>highways decimated family stores.
>free trade decimated local/domestic industry.
>outsourcing decimated working class jobs
>internet decimating retail

See a pattern?

It's called disruption, competitive advantage.
If these things did not happen, the prices of goods and services would rise well above anyone's ability to afford much, thus reducing our quality of life substantially.
>>
>>130224507
are those things bolted to the ground or something? If they weren't I'd think one retarded forklift driver could cause like 50 rows of them to collapse. I think we've all seen videos of that happening before.

kek I had this one fat beaner professor that for some reason told us that she bought her toothpaste on amazon for some reason. Can't remember the context, but I just found it baffling.
>>
>>130229046
How did those people survive??? Where are their descendents!!!?!?!?! We must speak for these extinct people!
>>
>>130224507
Can't stop progress
>>
>>130226289
This.
>>
>>130224507
Amazon is a distribution, akin to Walmart, and many other 'big' stores that stock goods from many different companies.

There is no monopoly, you're just retarded.
>>
The internet should be locked to state-wide communications.
Global communication should only be via message boards and things of such nature to share ideas rather than things such as money... The internet is what's destroying society. Limitations need to be put in place that limit the globalization it is causing; only ideas should be able to be globally shared.
>>
>>130227822
>These companies saw what was coming and did nothing to change their ways to be competitive.

How can you compete with a company that breaks every fucking law in the book and gets away with it? Netflix was literally a mass intellectual property infringing dvd-burning operation. Oh well, guess you'll never know what it was like to meet a qt at blockbuster, take her home and bang her while watching the newest thriller on VHS.
>>
>>130224709
>Jeff Bezos is working with the US Deep State is the reason why he bought the WaPo (CIA newspaper).
Yep. CIA is working with Amazon, google, facebook. The goal being monopolization of information and global communism.
>>
>>130228936
Rassenkrieg is the solution; not becoming a hermit.
>>
File: russian_mall.jpg (58KB, 525x351px) Image search: [Google]
russian_mall.jpg
58KB, 525x351px
I'd gladly shop at a brick and mortar store, but even the ones that survive are getting shittier and shittier. Poor selections, high prices, empty shelves. Have to drive 5 miles to get anywhere and if the shop there doesn't have it, have to drive another 2 miles to find another store.

I don't like amazon, but retail is a shadow of what it used to be. Some days IRL shopping I feel like I've wandered into a soviet era rusian mall.
>>
>>130227004
>It opens up markets
it dominates markets, in price terms it opens them up, they've been reinvesting for years so basically they make money and put it into expansion and warehouse stuff and not paying shareholders or staff or anyone jsut crowd any competitor out and eventually it will all add up
. The investors are beting amazon will continue to gain control so they are happy they wil eventually get their money back.
If anyone threatens amazon's marketplace you will probably be killed by someone you've never met.
>>
>>130224507
more efficient.

I expect amazon to go through some down sizing however as their prices arent as low as you would expect.
>>
File: IMG_0180.jpg (141KB, 689x688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.jpg
141KB, 689x688px
>>130228281
It's not really about what they pay thier unskilled labor, it's what they pay thier suppliers, meaning the manufacturers, and in turn what the manufacturers can afford to pay thier skilled workers and designers.
A single market, a monopsony with a single buyer, isn't the healthiest market.
Buy the way, it's not really 'what they pay thier suppliers' but, 'what they force thier suppliers to accept'
>>
>>130229265
Dude, I'm in my 30's. I remember the video store. While it was fun to go, fuck it, now I can stream shit and not have to deal with traffic, dipshits, and some made up story of you having sex with some chick while watching Pulp Fiction on VHS.
>>
>>130226475
>IMPLYING ONE NEGATES THE OTHER

AMAZON IS DESTROYING LOCAL ECONOMIES AND ITS ALSO A PUBLICLY TRADED STOCK

THAT JUST MEANS YOU CAN BUY AMAZON STOCK AND PROFIT WITH THEM AS THEY DESTROY LOCAL ECONOMIES
>>
>>130228325
We should have let everythimg burn to the ground in 2008 instead of kicking the can down the road for another decade. All of these big business exist because of government support for their financiers and the steady expansion of its market across the globe.
>>
File: 1349316796120.jpg (72KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1349316796120.jpg
72KB, 960x720px
>>130224507
Amazon is just cleaning up what Wal-Mart started.

It's just a more expensive, less convenient version.
>>
>>130228936
Q-tips are for make-up. They have no legitimate medical uses. Don't put them in your ear or wherever.
>>130229146
That's sound very progressive.
>>130229265
>meet a qt at blockbuster, take her home and bang her while watching the newest thriller on VHS
I'm sure that's what you fantasized about while perusing the softcore porn in the unadvertised backroom section.
>>
>>130224507
>the atlantic shilling on behalf of small businesses and local economies

but in the same breath they'll publish an article trashing white working class americans, laugh about their deaths, then larp about automation being fukken awesome

save me the crocodile tears, atlantic
>>
>>130224507
Why would I go to some shitty local store spending 30 minutes to and back, plus the price of gas, deal with incompotent staff and choose from a micro selection? Amazon has better prices, computers that never make mistakes, instant check out, and a massive selection?

If these other stores cannot compete with that OR offer me something amazon does not sell than they worthless.

And if you ordered shoes that don't fit or can't handle planning things 2 days in advance to deal with the shipping times that's your own incompetence.

When the drones come I will not shed a single tear for the worthless mom and pop stores that close down.
>>
>>130224507
I remember when people said this about Walmart and Best Buy. Now those stores are dinosaurs.

If you're complaining about this, please lrn 2 capitalism. gg no re.
>>
It's not just the US/Amazon, everywhere in the world we are going in that direction. Physical stores are being replaced by online stores and there's not much that can be done about it.
>>
>>130224507'

>Why are we letting this monopoly silently destroy our local economies?

Letting?

You're fucking supporting them with your purchases (voluntarily). The only reason they exist is because people can't get enough of buying their shit. That's what I hate about 75% of the complaints on this board... The shit you all are bitching about are things you've overwhelmingly supported wiith your business for the last 40 years.
>>
There's a farmer's market once a week at a local park in the town where I live
it's always packed despite Amazon
big box stores just don't offer anything; in a way hardware stores are the worst because they don't hire experienced people anymore and you can't get any real advice (what used to be one of the main reasons for going, making an informed decision vs ordering from a catalog)
>>
>>130226289
Just bought a lightning cable for 6 bucks. It's like 30 at a phone dealer. Retail shops are good for some things. We will see more of a different kind. Say clothing boutiques with good service. We don't need to fucking drive to stores to get overpriced crap like phone chargers. This is much better.
>>
>>130224507
>no consumer culture

good. now we can clear up room for actual cultural strongholds, like starbucks.
>>
>>130229527
>t's not really about what they pay thier unskilled labor, it's what they pay thier suppliers, meaning the manufacturers, and in turn what the manufacturers can afford to pay thier skilled workers and designers.
Yes, that's true. Thanks for putting a finer point on it.
>>
>>130229088
>not buying Fluoride-free toothpaste from Infowars
That IS baffling.
>>
>>130227678

You know what, your point is very valid.

People need to make a choice -

Slavery, or Freedom.

So far, all Americans did, is enslave themselves and the world.

There is no hope left for them, but I think the world had enough.

You all figure out the rest
>>
i try to be good to local shops but they sure don't make it easy

>looking for plumbing fittings
>not a plumber so i'll wing it at the local hardware store
>take some pieces with me for testing
>arrive at local shop
>it's like one of them general stores you see on tv on old westerns
>can i see your pvc fittings? i have no idea what i need
>"they're in the back and customers aren't allowed back there"

this is one reason they're dying. you can do this at any of the big box stores
>>
>>130229831
THE PROBLEM WITH AMAZON FOR CONSUMERS IS AMAZON IS KILLING COMPETITION

ONCE AMAZON HAS BOUGHT EVERY RIVAL PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS OR FORCED THEM INTO IRRELEVANCY THEY CAN SET PRICES HOWEVER THEY WANT

OR JUST STOP SELLING PHYSICAL GOODS ALTOGETHER AND CRASH THE ENTIRE WORLD, AMAZON'S MAIN REVENUE IS ALL IN CLOUD SERVICES, JUST PURE PROFIT

THEIR MARGINS ON PHYSICAL SALES ARE SHIT, THEY COULD DROP IT ENTIRELY AND BE MORE PROFITABLE OVERALL, BUT THEY DONT BECAUSE THEY WANT CONTROL OF RETAIL
>>
File: IMG_0158.jpg (191KB, 1107x798px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158.jpg
191KB, 1107x798px
>>130229470
Amazon isn't even the cheapest on a lot of things online. Walmart online and other online stores have cheaper prices (incudling the shipping price) on many things. It's just a hassle to shop on 4 different websites, and amazon his been really goood with the trust/marketing/refunds thing
>>130229201
We already covered it doesn't keep prices artificially high, but artificially low, like a monopsony, not monopoly.
Someone above said bring back mom and pop shops. FUCK THAT nothing bad about the convince and ease of online shopping.
The bad parts are when it enables globalism
>>
I stopped buying from Amazon three years ago damn glad I did fuck them
>>
>>130226289
>HDMI cables

Holy fuck this. The shipping on then is more expensive than the item on Amazon, even then it's like $6 altogether. Contrast that with Wal-Mart or Best Buy where they're a good $25 minimum, up to $100.
>>
>>130229088
>amazon
>hiring forklift drivers
it's 2017 grandpa, drones work the factories now
>>
File: 1486963682274.png (245KB, 1465x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1486963682274.png
245KB, 1465x1209px
>be the atllantic
>be in favor of globalism, open borders, open markets, and neo-liberalism
>get globalism, open borders, open markets, and neo-liberalism
>cry for a return to small town authenticity
>continue to berate white people
>>
>>130230394
When the rent is super high and the city nickels and dimes you it's hard to pay career retail people a living wage. The hardware store by my house does have smart guys working there. I love going there. It's never busy though...
>>
File: 1471836651122.jpg (46KB, 307x320px) Image search: [Google]
1471836651122.jpg
46KB, 307x320px
>>130224507
>Republicans Then
Its alright that Walmart is destroying the economy because they support us!
>Republicans Now
Its bad that Amazon is destroying the economy because they support the Democrats!

The policy and partisanship is so transparent here it isn't even funny. Amazon is doing the exact same thing as Walmart here but unlike Walmart they are probably helping local businesses AND killing Walmart.

Without going into detail people aren't patient beings. They would rather buy a thing now than wait 2-5 business days. Local businesses that carry stuff that Amazon does, which is basically every type of shop from Hallmark to Mom and Pop, get business and Walmart loses business.
>>
>>130230380

PS: I never bought anything online and never will, for security & privacy reasons alone. And I support local business in my neighborhood and not some rotten kike manufacturing toxic shit in China.

Burgers love their flag, made in China.

Hopeless people
>>
>>130230404
You do realize most of amazons prices are set by sellers right?
>>
>>130230735
but that's not my problem
bribe the politicians, like any successful company would
>>
>>130224507
Amazon fucking rocks.

Subscribe to Prime now or face Alexa's wrath.
>>
>>130228278
Being a monopoly IS exploiting govt regulation. The only reason the public is so unaware is because Amazon in not visibly present. They see dozens of local stores closing, but can't see the cause. Imagine if every store in your area was rebranded as Amazon:Supermarket, Amazon:Electronics, Amazon:Bike shop, etc. There would be no doubt in Amazon being a monopoly. But the fact that Amazon hides out of pain view in warehouses and is based online makes it hard to see the cause of the problem.
>>
>>130230792

The atlantic IS a lefty publication, u know that right?

Libertarians and neo-liberals are in favor of this, far right paleocons are not
>>
File: 1417603172670.jpg (107KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
1417603172670.jpg
107KB, 600x384px
I honestly hate big box and warehouse online shopping. There's so few privately owned, small businesses that are competitive. We just lost a hardware shop that had been opened for 60+ years. Owner closed it after breaking even for a 3rd year in a row after a big box store opened a block away. I worked with his company and had a contract there and we restored over a dozen houses with them because the owner was so knowledgeable about his stock and restoration. His two employees were men in their 20s well versed in construction. Quality chosen materials, all made in Europe, the US and Canada, never had to file a single warranty over thousands of pieces ordered. Now we're stuck going to Home Depot / Home Hardware or ordering online. Everything now is just jew owned with minimum wage slaves. Makes me really sad.
>>
>>130230835

And now they get what they paid for, nothing
>>
File: seattle18 - 2.8%.jpg-large.jpg (267KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
seattle18 - 2.8%.jpg-large.jpg
267KB, 2048x2048px
YET THE MOMENT LIBERALS CALL FOR HIGHER WAGES FOR AMAZON AND WALMART WORKERS, YOU RIGHT WING RETARD BILLIONAIRE GLOBALIST SHILLKEKS SPLERG OUT LIKE AUTISTS
>>
Non of you guys heard of Ebay? Cheaper and better selection than Amazon.
>>
>>130224507
Because once it gets destroyed enough, it will be remade. Just wait for UBI and then you get to order shit off amazon and have the robots make it and bring it to you without ever having to work.
>>
>>130224507
Tell me why this is a bad thing a corporation should be able to sell shit cheaply, instead of you paying 40 bucks for some bull shit local piece.
>>
>>130231067
>amazon workers
>current year
all those rural and suburban retards that walmart employs? they're going on government assistance once amazon takes over. because amazon doesn't need rural and surburban retards, they are one of the most automated businesses out there, and they have no reason to stop now.
>>
>>130224507
It's rough honestly... I used to (at the start of the internet becoming a "normie" thing (ie. "Web 2.0") had a very lucrative business buying desirable items and reselling them at a (slightly less) discount (when compared to big-box retail stores)

Now I have lsot 95% of my business because Amazon sells all of the same stuff through their "Market-Place Approved" wholesalers with FREE SHIPPING (since they do so much shipping that they just factor in an additional 2-3 cents per pound for whatever the product)

Shit's made me really glad I was smart enough to diversify my holdings and make a bunch of $$$ in ivestments otherwise I'd be out on the streets right now with my (in this dystopian scenario...ex-wife, trying to take child support from my broke ass)

Luckily, I'm not a retarded faggot and have a fat safety net... but still, shit is fucked up man.

Fuck (((Bezos)))
>>
File: IMG_0108.jpg (347KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0108.jpg
347KB, 640x640px
>>130230404
I haven't actully read amazons financial details, but I do bealive selling below cost systematically should be illegal.
^that is just a way for the rich and wall street to put (often) better competition out of busnisss because the already rich can afford to run at a loss for much much longer. This is one of those things the free market needs checks on if you want it to remain a free market,
>>
>>130224507
It is cancer if free international commerce is allowed. If it is only national, it would help local market.
The only solution is a high tax in importation.
>>
Wal-Mart already took over the majority of the shit, and I can't lower my standards to a Wal-Mart ever again. I would rather wait two days from Amazon than experience what I did the one time I tried it again two years ago.
I try to shop locally when I can, but it's usually impossible for most stuff.
That being said, I do shop around a bit online. Amazon has failed me a few times, and sometimes things are available with free shipping on other websites. Sometimes at the same speed as what you get with a Prime account.
>>130231119
eBay is usually shit in my experience. Everyone just bids to the price it is on Amazon anyway, and many times beyond it because they don't want to be a loser.
>>
>go to health store in town to buy my L-glutamine
>lady who owns store is happy to see a new face
>wants my name etc to put in her adress book
>asks if i buy l-glutamine every month
>tell her no its just somehting im trying out for a bit
>seems dissapointed

>told to get curcumin for my head injury
>health store probably doesnt have it, too lazy to check
>order it from vancouver
>is delivered to me 2 days later free shipping

i feel bad for the lady trying to run a buisness but its just so great making an order from home in 10 minutes from a company a trust then have it show up on my doorstep 2-5 days later. Most likely she wouldnt even havee had it anyways so then what do i do order from her where she charges an extra 10 bucks?
>>
File: deus ex.jpg (85KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
deus ex.jpg
85KB, 953x953px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yUvMuple5I

I was talking about this with family and of course they're all like "yeah sounds cool I'd love to use this occasionally", I think of relatives living further away who work tech jobs and are suckers for tech shit and wouldn't be surprised if they wind up with an alexa sitting around. Its getting scarier and scarier to be the "woke" person amongst sheeps thinking about how far things are going and how fast. We're speeding past "convienience" and into "auto domestication" really fast without thinking about negative sides of things.
>>
>>130226505
t. Amazon CEO
>>
>>130231399
>eBay is usually shit in my experience. Everyone just bids to the price it is on Amazon anyway, and many times beyond it because they don't want to be a loser.

Not sure what stuff you buy, but Ebay 9 out of 10 got better prices than Amazon (the buy it now ones). In fact I haven't ordered anything from Amazon in years....
>>
>>130224507

>ITT: retard capitalists unaware that this is what they wanted
>>
>>130228281
Before Amazon/Big box stores a small business owner (retail) could generate a personal income of $70K-Millions and hire 2-30+ employees, and purchase goods at wholesale from warehouses that also employed workers and had private owners. Now, most of that has been replaced by fewer and fewer $12/hr warehouse slaves.
>>
>>130231648
Well, I'm mostly talking about used items I suppose. I usually buy used or refurbs whenever I can.
>>
>>130229241
This is partially why nationalism is on the rise, because there are no hard limits like you are suggesting on internet communications, people are reinforcing "soft" cultural boundaries on the flow of ideas. Memetic influence.
>>
>monopoly
>with competition
Hate to break it to you, but you're a retard
>>
>>130224507
OP is a retarded 13 year old who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Amazon didn't decimate local economies, unless you live in a rural bumfuck shithole there'll be an Old Navy or Target or some shit within 30 minutes of your house.
>>
>>130231436
Progress is both a blessing and a curse. Humanity needs to find a balance.
>>
>raising prices
When has that EVER happened? Even if it did happen and it's not profitable for other businesses to compete, it's called market saturation. Why does it matter if it's 1 seller, 2, 10, 20... ?

>monopsony
No one forced the suppliers to make anything and no one has to buy anything from them. If it turns out people are more clued in to consumer demand then you thought and you can't sell for as high as you wished, then boohoo.
>>
>>130224507
>People are literally buying clothes and shoes that don't fit, spending weeks sending exchanging them online when they could have just went to a store and find the perfect fit in just 30 min or less.

If this is true, there's no hope for the West.

Although, this explains why clothing stores went from 50-50 men and women's clothes to like 20-80 in the past 10 years.
>>
People use Amazon to buy shit they can't find in a local store.

There's probably a store for anything you would want near you, unless you live in the middle of nowhere. Amazon is just more handy.

Adapt or die. Isn't that what capitalism is about?
>>
>>130229614
It's going to be even worse for the rest of us this time around. Im guessing everything blows up in the next two years.
>>
>>130231046
God I hate Home Depot the most. They have nothing but clueless employees and they don't come with you to find stuff they just point. Cities can support small stores though. I mean maybe the Crafty Beaver by my place won't last but there's still a fuck ton of little stores with all kinds of specialties. This is all a meme. Suburbanites in Trump country like their big box shit with massive parking lots. Overall I don't see a problem except that Walmart and such are heavily subsidized on payroll so I support them even though I don't shop there.
>>
File: IMG_0176.png (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0176.png
2MB, 1536x2048px
>>130231046
>the owner was so knowledgeable about his stock and restoration
And this is how an economy silently dies. Unquantified losses. Skills matter.
You know how Boeing learned to make 'custom' airplanes assemble line style? Because next door to their factory in Washington was a factory that did that with tuna fishing boats. And everybody knew everybody. Skills and knowledge got shared. When you move all the working knowledge to China you lose those innovations you didn't know was going to happen till after it happened.
Some fun facts:
People don't know a lot of manufacturers is monopoly or oragratic now.
Colgate and procter%gamble split 80% of toothpaste market.
Almost every beer is manufactured or distributed by Busch or millercoors
Worlds supply of iron ore is from 3 companies TSMC and UMC MAKE 60% of semiconductor foundry services and almost all of it is made in one town in tiwian.
~
Few things to note here, a lot of these didn't make a better product nor was it cheaper, they just made better marketing and bullied people into deals.
Read that again, they didn't make a better product nor cheaper,
Example, for 10 years in the 90s for every CPU intel had, AMD had one that was cheaper and faster. Intel made more money though because they had insiders in congress and got fat government contracts, plus they bullied OEMs with insider dealers with Microsoft, and for some reason their buddies in the government didn't hustle them as much as they did AMD with regulation checks and contract disputes.
REMEMEBER^ NONE OF THAT IS GOOD FOR THE MARKET OR THE CONSUMER, IT'S ONLY GOOD FOR THE 20 PEOPLE IN THE ROOM MAKING THE DEAL
>>
>>130224507
retail failed to update. no one wants to shop in these buildings built in the 60s-80s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6yA7r6WfJo
>>
File: 1457047978055.jpg (45KB, 480x467px) Image search: [Google]
1457047978055.jpg
45KB, 480x467px
>>130226408
>a monopsony keeps prices artificially low
lets hear you tell me how or why a company's going to keep their prices "artifically" low for any period of time outside of government price controls
>>
>>130226505
If amazon raises prices 1000x chinese sites will replace it.
>>
>>130224507
Fuck all the other yuppies, I specifically go to a known good local shop instead of buying online whenever possible. I also avoid having things sent to my home as it's safer in a PO box and the online retail data is used as a proxy for neighborhood income and lifestyle analysis
>>
>>130231399
What happened two years ago?
>>130231648
eBay is just too slow in shipping though, I only use it for used hobby items
>>130231395
THIS THIS THIS
Globalism is the real cancer. If all the money we spend on amazon was going back into the United States, life would be grand. More jobs, which equal more taxe revenue too. And more decent local jobs equals more jobs because people with more money spend more, and you grow and grow. We just send all our wealth overseas.
>hurdurr the land is too expensive.
Fuck off, the land is dirt cheep between Arizona and west virgina, and shipping would be cheaper than shipping it across the ocean.
>>
File: 1418778962118.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1418778962118.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
would just like to add to this discussion that amazon has never, ever made a profit

dunno how this affects things, it's just yet to be mentioned. amazon prime bleeds money
>>
>>130233499
Because it makes it so they don't get any competition, you half wit
>>
>>130233660
amazon only works because they've got a huge distribution network all over the place, unlike the chinese who ship right from the factory back home, usually taking a month to reach you.
>>
>>130233951

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:AMZN

They started making a profit like 2 years ago.
>>
>>130224507
Gamestop left this shithole so buying video games from Amazon is cheap, specially since they offer 20% off preorders
>>
>>130224507
Walmart killed small local businesses long before Amazon was a thing.
>>
>>130231136
A life of consumption. Depression. Isolation. Obesity. Atrophy.

Hell on earth. Welcome to Idiocracy.
>>
File: IMG_0065.jpg (355KB, 1446x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0065.jpg
355KB, 1446x1080px
>>130233951
>that amazon has never, ever made a profit
Except for the majority shareholders.
Wall Street is fucking cancer. They don't care if 25 million people go broke, as long as 25 people in Wall Street make thier money.
Something like sense 1970 the 1% wealth grew In real terms ~27% while the 0.01% grew 80%+, for a while the top 25 headgefund people made more than 40% of the GDP.
The Walmart family heirs control more wealth then the bottom 41.1% of Americans. That is unsubstantial. Like would it reall be so bad if instead of 80 billion, they had 40 billion?
>>
>>130227004
Buy groceries online from walmart drive to number they bring it to you
>>
>>130233247
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zov7PEXdVZk
>>
>drive down street
>hit 67 lights, all red just for me
>get swarmed by pack of feral niggers at red light #67

Yeah ill just buy the fucking vegetable peeler from Amazon.
>>
>>130234702
>all those copy pasted/memorized statistics
Spotted the bernout
>>
>>130224784
Try uniqlo maybe
>>
>>130224507
> Not buying into the corporate truth.
If you don't like Amazon, monopolies and the free market, you are a filthy commie and need to be shot.
>>
>>130228458
Then we smash the state!
>>
File: IMG_0200.jpg (32KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0200.jpg
32KB, 400x301px
>>130234799
Care to dispute them?
>>
>>130232822
a lot of people use amazon for everything except food
>>
>>130234702
>wealth is zero-sum
>>
>>130234702
We need an asset tax, something like 5% of any net worth above 1 billion every year.
>>
>>130226520
Walgreens is not a convenience store you dumb nigger
>>
>>130235002
> "You merely adopted the thot. I was born in it - moulded by it."
>>
File: 1464756625099.jpg (76KB, 398x395px) Image search: [Google]
1464756625099.jpg
76KB, 398x395px
>>130233977
OK, so you've driven out competition by selling at prices that are artifically low. One there's still the question of how. Are you getting subsidies? Practicing actual slavery? Getting your stock through piracy on the high seas? Two, whats the next step in your master plan?
>>
>>130234139

the company overall yes, the online physical retail, the selling shit, what we're talking about doesn't make money
>>
>>130235072
Can't wait till amazon figures out food. The main problem is it's such a low margin business.
There are local supermarkets that will deliver. You just go to thier website and pick things out as if you were walking down aisles, someone goes through the shop, picks them up, puts them in thier refrisgered van and brings them over. But I never got into the habit of using them, their websites always sucked, and they never had in everything that was in store online.
That is why I'm not too hard on amazon, they did a lot right, with their checkout, and webstore programming tools.
>>
>>130233247
Too many anons buying into the local business meme never lived in the age before the big box store. They never spent all day driving to 12 different stores all to be disappointed by the high prices and lack of selection only to not find what they were looking for in the end.
>>
Walmart already destroyed the local economy. Now for $11 a month I don't have to go to Walmart AND I get some free movies.
>>
This is retailers' own fault. For many of them, their business model used to be to stock a limited selection of stuff and try to push it to clueless people for unreasonable prices. And you would have to buy that particular pair of shoes or that particular laptop, etc, because you wouldn't have other choice. And now that this is not longer possible these scumbags start whining, how big distance shopping retailers (note that in Europe, Amazon is not the only or even the most prominent one) are killing "local business". Fucking good riddance. Funny enough, there's still plenty of smaller vendors who specialize on certain type of more rare goods (think, knives, art supplies, etc) and whose business model was never based on withholding information and scamming in the first place. And they thrive on distance shopping, because it gives them better reach, just the operation is slightly different. Instead of (or in addition to) keeping a shop, they have a website and/or amazon and ebay listings and send things by post.

Same thing goes for food. There's plenty of whining about "local shops" being killed by supermarket chains, but most of these "local shops" are shitholes run by arabs, where no sane person would go. Srsly, would you miss your local off-licence or a kebab-shop? I won't.
>>
File: IMG_0055.jpg (25KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0055.jpg
25KB, 236x236px
>>130235173
>I continue to pretend our economy isn't broken.
I would actully agree with you in a non globalist system, mostly.
>>
>>130224507
There are other online retailers you know. No one has a gun to your head when you sit down to buy something online. Just don't go to Amazon. If you pay a little more then so what?
This is the same shit with you vidya faggots whining about EA and all the others bowing down to SJW pressure. It's easy, JUST DON'T BUY THEIR SHIT! I haven't bought a single EA game since Westwood studios was shut down. It's not fucking hard.
I haven't shopped at Walmart in over a decade and I haven't bought a single thing from Amazon after they pushed for online sales tax because they were going to have to start charging for it themselves.
Just. Don't. Shop. There.
>>
>>130235266
I'd rather have high tariffs, and decent minumin wages.
Did you know the entire federal government used to be funded with tariffs?
>>
>>130224507
>Be more efficient
>Be cheaper

This is what generates wealth in the long run.
>>
>>130225155
>universal basic income
Why bother? Those who aren't on the chopping block won't care enough about you to share their money and you'll never be able to touch them to do anything about it because you'll have nothing and you're a nobody.
The truth is that if you're not in charge you're fucked when automation passes a certain point.
>>
>>130234710
Kroger does it too. Fuck going in the store like a pleb.
>>
>>130231067
>quotes a twitter account as a source
>expects to be taken seriously
libshits ladies and gentlemen!
>>
>>130235960
You're and idiot who doesn't understand the bigger picture. Fuck off queer-bait
>>
>>130228107
>corporations
>free-market

kys, kiddo
>>
>>130236246
Universal basic income is so retarded, on so many levels. Get rid of the debt first, okay?
It's like they have never heard of rent seeking. 'Oh the plebs have higher wages now? I'm going to raise thier rent, even though my building is the same' 'I am going to rise my prices on bread and gum and beer now, sense everyone has more money without adding value' 'I also have to rise my prices on batteries and plastics because my rent is now higher and I have to pay more for food as well'.
>>
>>130224507
Daily reminder to delete your kikebook. Don't buy shit from Amazon. Buy local.
>>
I live in the country, if I want anything beyond what you can buy at a family dollar I have to drive 30 miles and back. Even then retail stores often won't have the stuff I'm looking for.

Amazon Prime pretty much pays for itself in fuel savings over the course of a year, plus I watch some of the stuff on the included video streaming, and give my included twitch sub to my friend that streams often.
>>
>>130224507
>Back in the day we would be able to drive down the street and buy everything we could possibly need from a local small business
Fuck you. Get rekt. That's bullshit.
Back in the day, you'd go down to your small town's bookstore and have 0% chance of finding what you were looking for in stock, so you'd try to order it. They only put their orders in to the regional distributor every other Tuesday. And then you'd wait. And wait. And wait.

Finally you get them to say, what was it you ordered again? And you'd tell those shit-for-brains again to order your item. And then wait a few weeks, only to then be told that the distributor doesn't carry it. Sorry.

THEN you find out through the grapevine that the proprietor didn't order your book because they didn't think your material was the "right" sort of stuff a person should be reading. If the store owner was religious, this could mean a whole range of subjects and books that simply wouldn't be able to be bought.

On the flip side, you can imagine some SJW book store owner letting your orders slip through the cracks because they didn't agree with a book you wanted.

Amazon put a fork in the asses of these little shits, and I'm glad their out of business. Serves tight-ass America right. Fuck those people.
>>
>>130233867
Nice somebody has a brain. I don't care if more competition comes to the internal market, it is only good. But if you keep buying cheap stuff from chyna, there you have the problem.
>>
>>130229241
What luddite. We went from caves to clans to tribes to city states to nations and now we wipl.be one world.
Borders and nations are an outdated concept as we become a worldwide melting pot.
you can profit from this or be destroyed ..
>>
I've just bought 3 things in amazon sorry
>>
>>130236882
This. This whole "you could get anything on main street" is bullshit. While it was cool to go down to the sporting goods store or the hardware store and get what you needed, if you needed something obscure or specialized you were usually fucked hard.

Amazon simply filled a need that has existed since forever. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
>>
>>130236967

If we are to be one world, then it will be one world without a loss of American sovereignty.

The world government will be our government, or none at all. We will not kneel before Europeans and second-world savages.
>>
>>130235798
>wealth is zero-sum if a globalist buys a painting for $43.8 million
>>
>>130236070
Nah, they were primarily funded by money printing.
>>
mom and pop stores are usually shit with shit customer service, overpriced too
>>
>>130228886
>bot
>not knowing based Nord archive bro on an intimate level
>>
>>130237361

And they make their kids work for them as essentially slave labor. Good riddance.
>>
>>130224507
you're retarded if you actually think this
driving to a mall to get something was a fucking waste of time, most of the time you had to make do with whatever shit they had in stock and most of the things malls have are trash
online shopping means people can get what exactly what the want and it takes infinitely less time
lick my nuts grandpa
>>
>>130231399
No one bids on eBay anymore, 94% of their sales come from "buy it now" auctions. It's pretty much an online marketplace.

I don't know how China can ship all these cheap electronics to Canada for free but it's amazing.
>>
>>130237506
Lpbp
>>
>>130224507
$12/hr warehouse slave? Try $0/hr roomba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLVCGEmkJs0
>>
>>130237568
They ship it all in bulk to their own warehouses. Then they can say it ships from an American location, because a lot of people avoid things that ship from China. Some things, like batteries, you can not buy from them. You need to carefully read their descriptions and replies to feedback to check for their messed up English to weed them out sometimes.
>>
File: 1497645234085-pol.jpg (54KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1497645234085-pol.jpg
54KB, 597x597px
>>130224507
I worked there and all I can say is if you can buy it locally, please do so.

I remember wanting to kill myself picking Hefty trash bags, Ziploc bags, and decorative disposable napkins for 11 hour shifts 6 days a week every 8 seconds.

So glad I left that soulless place and became a heavy machine operator instead. They treat employees as disposable assets.
>>
>>130224507

Before Amazon it was Wal-Mart. Before Wal-Mart it was other department stores. Before department stores it was the local shops and businesses.

And all along this retail history, since I can remember, local business have price gouged the entire way. Shit service, shit prices, shit selection, and only fill positions with nepotism. The worst part about it is they are never fucking open. They keep bankers' hours, and then wonder why no one ever comes through their door.

Society continues to grow without them. Fuck local business. If you sell something people want you survive and thrive. Hipsters and entrepreneurs are making a decent living with dedicated specialty shops and niches. These lazy assholes that open a junk shop from 9am to 3pm for an easy retirement are failing as they should
>>
>>130226211
Tall equipment/vehicles
>>
>>130224507
Not only are they destroying the US economy, they are fucking commies. Worked there for 3 months as a picker, consistently had over 140% with not a penny to show for it, fuck Commiezon, fuck Bezos and fuck you if you buy their shit.
>>
File: ShillsExposed.gif (689KB, 1688x2849px) Image search: [Google]
ShillsExposed.gif
689KB, 1688x2849px
>>130224507

This is by design.

Some Globalist groups want a Corporate Rule, rather then Government.

http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/subject/knowledge%20bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/
>>
i always used to think that culty team building stuff they make employees do at wal-mat was weird, but oh yeah it's because most of those workers will be cunts unless they're specifically taught not to be.
>>
>>130224507
can ebay even compete?
>>
>>130224507
when bezos buys costco walmart will be the next to shit the bed.
>>
>>130238570
That has nothing to do with the post, you shill.
>>
File: rare rebbit.jpg (24KB, 570x572px) Image search: [Google]
rare rebbit.jpg
24KB, 570x572px
>>130237849
NICE! so they still have some warehouse slaves, but Amazon has mostly solved the nigger problem. and even if a nigger did steal something, you could probably trace it back to which one.

now see, this is a major problem with high prices in local retail: niggers stealing your merch. but that's not even the main reason i shop amazon, it's the not having to waste hours searching several outlets for something that may not even be available locally. with Amazon, i can stay comfy browsing poll at all hours while my Green Mountain Double Diamond and Coffee People Black Tiger show up on the front doorstep in two days.
>>
>>130224507
https://techcrunch.com/2016/04/03/micromanufacturing-the-future/

Eventually economy of scale models will collapse.
>>
>>130224507
Bump
>>
File: ebay-logo-new.jpg (55KB, 484x272px) Image search: [Google]
ebay-logo-new.jpg
55KB, 484x272px
>>130224507
Buy from the OG online marketplace, where the American Dream still has a chance.
>>
>bidding?
what is Buy It Now?
many american businesses use ebay, which is just a glorified moderated craigslist
>>
>>130238807
ebay doesn't sell anything, ebay is an online marketplace for real life businesses
>>
File: cant....jpg (27KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
cant....jpg
27KB, 504x415px
Better start reading up on those bushcraft books and learn how to live innawoods if this whole economic machine collapses anons. Those kekistan and pep ayy memes wont help you if Bezos inc. experiment crashes.
>>
>>130241614
Their listing fees have reduced seller profit margins to non-existence. I could turn a decent profit up until around 2012, since then the fees have multiplied.
>>
>>130224507
This is bs, I have a friend who makes more than a $1000/week working at amazon.
>>
Donald agrees

https://www.recode.net/2016/11/9/13573926/donald-trump-amazon-jeff-bezos-antitrust-taxes
>>
>>130224507
Lol fuck off Wal-Mart. You sound scared that Amazon shares are expected to skyrocket. Bye bye Wal-Mart and Target.
>>
>>130224507
Bump.
>>
>>130243069
Trump on (((Bezos)))-
"He thinks I'll go after him for antitrust," Trump said at the time. "Because he's got a huge antitrust problem because he's controlling so much, Amazon is controlling so much of what they are doing.

"He's using the Washington Post, which is peanuts, he's using that for political purposes to save Amazon in terms of taxes and in terms of antitrust."

Trump’s campaign later reiterated this narrative in a statement claiming that the Post was being used as political leverage so Amazon doesn’t “get sued for monopolistic tendencies that have led to the destruction of department stores and the retail industry.”
>>
File: 1497411523608.jpg (127KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497411523608.jpg
127KB, 960x960px
Investigate facbook apple amazon and tv ad money

not trump

deregulate the economy
>>
>>130224507
Bump
>>
>>130228886
>You're implying Amazon doesn't employ millions of small businesses and helps them sell dead product at higher than normal profit margins.
This is something a lot of people don't take into account. Hell, I bought some weeb shit off Amazon a few weeks ago and when I saw the shipping label I found out the Japanese merchant charged me ten times what it was worth.
Also, FUCK small businesses. I worked in an office supply store 5 years ago and constantly had to look up loyalty card information for people. People who worked for multi-billion dollar companies were always nice and polite. Guys who ran stores with names like "[Nearby town]supply" were always the biggest assholes in the world.
>>
>>130236614
I mean everything you just said is right but that's not rent seeking.
https://fee.org/articles/rent-seeking-a-primer/
https://mises.org/blog/rothbard-rent-seeking
>>
>>130233195
This, goddamn, so much this. We literally are goyim at this point and we fucking chose it. Fuck.
>>
File: IMG_0168.jpg (49KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0168.jpg
49KB, 480x360px
>>130242846
What does he do?
>>
>>130224507
I bought a few shares today. Might as well make some money from it. This is the capitalism that you ancap morons espouse.
>>
File: average japanese boy.jpg (96KB, 601x458px) Image search: [Google]
average japanese boy.jpg
96KB, 601x458px
>>130230516
i need the sauce
>>
>>130224507
Amazon will be replacing your brick and mortar grocery stores too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrmMk1Myrxc
>>
>>130224507
>Amazon's monopoly
Amazon is far from a monopoly.

>is decimating US economy
Walmart, you are not the US economy, will you just fuck off and die already. You are the one that fucked up the economy, destroyed all local shops, and created the only thing that can be called a monopoly.
Its about time you go the way of circuit city.

Also sage because fuck you walmart
>>
File: seattle15 2.9%.png (295KB, 605x614px) Image search: [Google]
seattle15 2.9%.png
295KB, 605x614px
>>130236469
>>
>>130227004
I've been buying all my groceries online with Peapod for years. Gave Amazon's service for it a try, too. Very pleased with both, and I buy a lot of fresh produce.
>>
>>130225681
Decimate means kill one in ten dumbass
>>
File: HAPPENING.gif (1008KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPENING.gif
1008KB, 500x352px
>>130224507
Amazon operates on a loss every year, Bezos plan was to be so cheap that he could compete with everybody and undercut earth and it worked, cucks all went to Amazon to save $1 and destroyed competition enabling a monopoly.

Now he owns Whole Foods, which is to remove grocery store workers. People think Whole Foods will still sell the same vastly overpriced shit fuck no, he bought it to get their locations and access to grocery markets.

For anybody who doesn't know Amazon Go means you just take shit off the shelf and walk out the door, it's billed to your amazon account automatically and there's no more lineups, just consume and go. There's no staff (except a security guard to stop shoplifting though that will gone soon too, replaced by an AI solution) either, and stocking the shelves or the deli can all be replaced by a robot.

We are witnessing the first major automation, no more grocery employees. Cucks will flock to this store to support it, guaranteeing it holds a monopoly over the others. Then Bezos will raise the prices as no competition can exist.
>>
>>130224784
I stopped ordering from Amazon after they fucked up several orders back to back. They do shit like list things as "in stock", charge me for them instantly, and then a week later the item never ships and the order cancels. I was basically loaning them the cost of the item for a week and ending up getting it elsewhere.
That being said I order stuff from ebay sellers instead. Local shops aren't an alternative. It's either some brick and mortar shithole with huge markups or some tiny local shop owned by hipster faggot I'd rather see starve.
>>
>>130247062
https://nhentai.net/g/159378/
>>
>>130224507
>you_left-wing_leaning_parasite.jpg
fuck off commie. amazon isnt even close to a monopoly.
>>
>>130249633
How can ancaps even pretend that capitalism has a future? All jobs are going to be gone in 10-15 years and this post highlights it. Socialism will be the only solution.
>>
>>130227267
GOD THEY ARE KILLING US BY GIVING US CHEAP CONVENIENT GOODS AND SERVICES
>>
>>130248928

If Seattle is the only example you have, that's called cherry picking.
>>
>>130224507
>Amazon's monopoly is decimating US economy
sorry pet peeve, but decimating means it is affecting only 10% of the economy. The term you are looking for is "fucking up the economy".
>>
>>130250099
You do realize that not everyone wants to shop at Amazon right? And not every job can be outsourced to Amazon in 10 years. You do realize that we're still like 50 years from any sort of realistic AI.

You realize that I have never set foot in Whole Foods in my entire life.
>>
>>130250483
Still doesn't address the fact that capitalism is in its final stages. And the Singularity is projected to take place in 2040.
>>
>>130248928
Seattle, the city held up by billion dollar corporations inflating the economy.

In 20 years Seattle will be a hellhole when the bubble pops the the billion dollar companies inevitably leave or dry up.
>>
>>130250476
Google "colloquial"
>>
File: 1493183246333.jpg (854KB, 1169x946px) Image search: [Google]
1493183246333.jpg
854KB, 1169x946px
Amazon is too convenient. Sorry everyone else lost. I'm busy trying to survive and get further in life. Amazon provides exceptional 2 day shipping and I can throughout understand what I'm buying through the reviews and such. Most stores can't compete.

Sorry Mom and boomer Pop you lose to a superior product at a better price.
Good luck with social security.
Just go ahead and die.
>>
>>130224507
And when amazon becomes too big and expensive then some other brand will one up them. Just like every other businesses unfortunately. The only business that have survive are oil and gasoline companies more or less and once they start raising prices or thier blood oil become scares then some other companies will get an alternative fuel sources and then the oil company dies down. Literaly survival of the fittest. a big fish will get eaten by a bigger fish and so on and so forth. I show no mercy for these fuckers.
>>
File: fugg_webm.webm (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
fugg_webm.webm
1MB, 640x1136px
>>130224507

I still buy all of my books from the local bookstore.

Sadly it's Chapters/Indigo. But I do prefer a brick-and-mortar place over ordering online. Online shopping is for women and jews. Real men face their merchant and purchase their wares in person.

Is anyone else bothered by the sheer waste of vertical space in that warehouse? How many more cubic feet could they utilize with some kind of catwalk system.

I N E F F I C I E N T
>>
>>130250860
>real men buy from boomers who laugh at your book purchases. Fuck off
>>
>>130229312
Doesn't the CIA have a history of fighting communism?
>>
File: 1497587877856.jpg (12KB, 319x290px) Image search: [Google]
1497587877856.jpg
12KB, 319x290px
>>130224507

Amazon is better utilizing resources than there competitors if this much capital is flowing their direction.

Literally doing nothing wrong.

"Monopoly" is a commie propaganda word.
>>
>>130250607
Are you fucking stupid? You realize that resources are finite right? The reason socialism can't work is the human condition. People are corrupt and can't possibly know enough to properly distribute resources. Capitalism is strictly the respecting of the individual right to private property and the right to trade with whomever they please.

There's always going to be something limited, whether it's space, time, quality or quantity.

PS Singularity isn't going to happen in 2040.
>>
>>130250099
Autonomous shopping is the full dystopia. No employees, just consume all you want and magically it will be billed to you without any interaction encouraging binge shopping.

Now crank up the advertising and subversive messages to get you to CONSUME.

In the late 70s there were a bunch of punk bands around that wrote protest songs about supermarkets. Now we don't even have supermarkets we have instant consumerism, max hedroom virtual salesmen and endless credit to ensure we can consume.
>>
>>130250683
>colloquial"
It's not a colloquilism...at best it is casualism. At worst it is using words incorrectly when there are much better options. There is nothing wrong with understanding what the word means. Most people don't realize that decimation means 1 of 10 and use it incorrectly.
>>
>>130250860
The warehouse space is so big moving equipment and other stuff can fit in there. It's less efficient to go and down stairs.
>>
File: costanza_webm.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
costanza_webm.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>130250607
>And the Singularity is projected to take place in 2040.

Yes, and according to people of the 1960's we should've been living on the fuckin moon 15 years ago.

The only way to predict the future is by looking at the past. History is cyclical. The next "big event" will be a global conflict, which will surely bring about major technological advances. It's unlikely we'll nuke each other into oblivion, but the idea that our consciousness will be linked with computers isn't going to happen by 2040.
>>
>>130229396
This. The return policy is half of the reason I buy something from somewhere.
Family owned shops, and even just small chains, have the worst return policies I have ever seen.

There is a local hardware store I use to shop at until I got fucked by their return policy. I dealt with the higher prices and just shrugged it off, but then I found out they wanted to charge something like a 15% "restocking fee" for shit that I hadnt even got out of the door yet.
>>
>>130227459
I feel guilty doing the 2 day shipping option. There should be some inbetween. The other option usually takes a week and a half for me.
>>
>>130224507
All my clothes fit perfectly.

However, I am not some fucking retard that can't read directions.
>>
File: pewds_webm.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pewds_webm.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>130250978

Boomers don't laugh at my book purchases, and I've never seen one working at a Chapters. If anything boomers would high-five me - the last book I bought was a Field & Stream bowhunting manual. Before that it was a book about inventions from the 20th century.
>>
>>130227845
The big problem in America today is that all manufactured goods and their distribution networks are monopsonized while real estate, utilities, medicine, and credit are monopolized. This means the average joe's job isn't enough to buy a house or get a decent loan or even ensure good healthcare. It's also the source of our relentless and under-reported stagflation.
>>
File: KGBlee.jpg (85KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
KGBlee.jpg
85KB, 675x1200px
>>130250733
What you don't understand is there's no room for you either. Programmer? Pajeet at min wage. Skilled tradesman? Polack or Romanian making min wage. Taxi or bus driver? Automated. Pilot? Automated. Doctor? Soon to be automated, with just specialists left.

What do you think the elites will do with us, now that they don't need us to even do basic labor for them anymore.
>>
>>130251130
Everything goes in cycles. The cycle of hedonism will crash when the money dries out and there will likely be a cultural shift to minimalism.
>>
>>130251130
They don't advertise shit to me. I have something
I need. I go online. The best price is Amazon prime. I get shipped in two days guaranteed. It's exactly what I expected, or I return it with no hassle.

Seems pretty solid
>>
>>130251639
You realize that Pajeet at minimum is fucking incompetent right? Only idiot executives think American programmers with years of experience can be outsourced to India.
>>
>>130251290

not guaranteed but it's possible, the type of phones we have now were on the edge of sci fi in 1980
>>
>>130224543

Is this a bot? If not, Anon's spot on with archiving links quickly. If so, then good job to whoever coded it.
>>
>>130251639
Ok so what is the alternative? I get ripped off by local stores owned by boomers and pay more for inferior products in order to curtail the inevitable?

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe they'll let me mow their lawn in a couple years and they'll give me a $20 tip!
>>
Monopolies like this only exist in crony capitalism
>>
>>130224507
I just hate their non stop emails, I am set to get the least emails and they still spam me with stupid shit like hey anon, you bought shoe laces 6 years ago write a review for us.
No nigger do your own marketing.
I'm not a poor fag, so I just blocked them and won't use them anymore.
>>
File: statespooks.jpg (166KB, 795x799px) Image search: [Google]
statespooks.jpg
166KB, 795x799px
>ITT all these wagecucks that don't realize that automation will essentially end capitalism.
>Every one crying, pissing, and moaning when we are literally decades away from being free from the shackles of involuntary labor.

WAHHHHH IM GUNNA LOSE MY 12 DOLLAR AN HOUR JOB, AND A ROBOTS GOING TO DO IT. WE SHOULD KILL ALL THE ROBOTS. POLITICAL AND SOCIAL CHANGES ARE TOO HARD, MR BEZOS PLEASE LET ME WORK FOR 12 DOLLARS AN HOUR INSTEAD OF EARNING 50,000 A YEAR DOING NOTHING.
>>
I will admit I enjoy getting things in the mail. It's like opening a present. I don't like the current shopping environments where they treat everyone like they are shoplifting or a bother because they ask a question about something. or the employees don't know what the store return/exchange policy is, to the point of you having to pull up the information on your phone to tell them. Or something is out of stock for a long time so you have to drive around looking for it.
But packages can be problems too. If you aren't at home when it arrives it could sit on your porch until a thief takes it or it could rain. Mailboxes are going to have to have 2 locked sections, one for u.s. mail and another bigger section for packages.
As for clothes they are fixing this problem with devices like echo look. I don't think its a good idea for privacy but people that like fashion will probably use it until there is no reason to leave the house anymore. And then they can graduate to virtual clothing to show off or no clothes.
>>
>>130252135
I never get emails from amazon. You're most likely retarded. It's really the only logical explanation.
>>
>>130251841
There's an arms race right now to abstract programming so much so that any idiot can do it with 2 weeks training. This is what Google Brain does all day long, create a massive library in order to fire 90% of their employees that t. idiot can string together to make something (who will be replaced eventually too).

Did you not remember the massive amount of investment into Light Table? It was this idiotic plan to enable programming by just moving shit around like in Minority Report (or using Scratch, if you're familiar with basic programming). It failed but dozens more picked up from where it left off.

A good example is "sysadmin", there are none anymore. We now have devops, which is an abstracted container running on another pile of abstractions with just one person controlling a million of them with Kubernetes.
>>
>>130224507
>Back in the day we would be able to drive down the street and buy everything we could possibly need from a local small business and get things in less than 20 min.

yeah, nah.
>>
I always use Amazon because outside has too many niggers.
>>
>>130224507
What fucking store could I even go to? I've gone to clothing stores numerous times and walked out because they only have weird sizes no one wants or all the merchandise is crap. JC Penney is an example. Every single store is full of ugly colors and ugly ass dress shirts. Out of stock on the basics like undershirts in common sizes. They deserve to go out of business.
>>
File: kek.png (43KB, 203x200px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
43KB, 203x200px
>>130252149
>he thinks capitalism will disappear because of high unemployment
>>
>>130252135
>>130252232
I am guessing the seller is doing that. I've had that happen before.
>Hey thanks for the purchase, go to our own website, start an account, and write a review!
Don't do that Mr. Seller, you'll just make me spite a bad review to you.
>>
>>130252149
>EARNING 50,000 A YEAR DOING NOTHING.

im sure youll do well in life anon
>>
>>130252301
To be honest, why don't you just kill yourself? I mean, I don't believe any of the shit you have to say and if you were actually a programmer you'd realize that the process of coding is extremely complex. If you think coding can be simplified to a drag-and-drop WYSIWYG you're fucking stupid.

They can barely teach AI to play a fucking board game and you expect it to be able to write something as simple as a web browser with drag-and-drop automatically.

I work at a 100 million dollar corporation and you'd be fucking surprised how much of the internet and software is made of duct tape.

If they have an AI that can write and read me a story in 50 years I'd be surprised.
>>
>>130235472
>Practicing actual slavery
This is the most common practice done by these giants outside of the U.S.A
>>
>>130252301
this is so fucking stupid
no sysadmins? Where did the systems go?
(you) sound like a failing cs student who didn't pass any phone screens kys
>>
bezos will move us into a cashless society.
he is watching india very closely.
>>
File: 1199486205534.jpg (82KB, 425x593px) Image search: [Google]
1199486205534.jpg
82KB, 425x593px
>>130253394
>>
>>130224507
This monster is coming to Australia, they're predicting it's going to destroy all competition here.

I'm worried.
>>
>>130250997
The CIA does whatever it must to push the adgenda. At times it's a conservative bent, at times a leftist bent.
>>
>drive to the store
>wait in traffic because this piece of shit city has it everywhere, 24/7
>reach the mall
>bunch of minorities just walking around, not even buying shit
>place smells like a taxi cab
>reach store
>employee starts harassing you about and asking you questions when you just want to find what you're buying
>see item
>it's almost $20 more expensive than the actual price
>go to pay
>employee asks you bunch of retarded questions about products you don't want to buy
>their card terminal is down, you have to pay with cash
>no cash in hand, go to the bank in the mall to retrieve some
>gigantic waiting line because terminals are down
>go home without product
>have to pay for the parking fee of the mall
>another half an hour in the traffic

Meanwhile, in Amazon
>search item
>find item
>go buy item
>item has the actual retail price or sometimes it's even cheaper
>Amazon shows me other items that are usually bought with this one so they are actually helpful
>press "buy"
>recieve it next monday

Retail stores can go and fuck themselves.
>>
File: SAM4189.jpg (1MB, 1728x1152px) Image search: [Google]
SAM4189.jpg
1MB, 1728x1152px
Jeffbezosbub is a demon kike
>>
>>130235670
terrible times indeed
>>
>>130253247
The difference between me and you is I am a computer scientist, while you are a programmer, so I know all about univalence axioms and cubical higher type theory who's goal is to take a run at Godel's Incompleteness Theorem and see what kind of proof automation can be done. The end goal is programs that can program themselves, with induction done on functions as proofs of correctness, then the "programmer" will string together the easy parts and this entirely functional system will merely output the program from the spec entered by the "programmer". It's already happening https://www.technologyreview.com/s/603381/ai-software-learns-to-make-ai-software/
>>
>>130253779
It seems like a very odd move since we've only got a pop of 20m...and our postal service is stretched to shit and incompetent already.
>>
>>130227469
It costs 90,000 per year for death row inmates. The mass population will never support it. Automation will eventually require UBI for a population to continue.
>>
>>130252969
Of course it will. /r/latestagecapitalism provides a lot of insight. While the general population doesn't hold much power, there is no way that politicians will be against UBI/some form of socialism in the next few decades. Even Republicans will have to embrace aspects of democratic socialism just to survive as a party.
>>
>>130254326
How long until grey goo?
>>
>>130224507
retail is dead stop whining.
>>
Actual amazonian warehouse lumpy checking in. Were not decimating anything, we're taking the niche items, and making it convenient to buy. That's adds value to the economy by eliminating wasteful trips to stores & causing traffic. Are you really gonna waste 30 minutes of you valuable time looking for drill bits & cabinet hardware at home depot just to save 2 dollars? 30 minutes you would’ve been using to create wealth or be productive.
>>
>>130224507
Walmart, go to bed.
You can fight Amazon tomorrow.
>>
>>130254326
Shame they use words like "not practical" and "promising" which are synonyms with -- NOT HAPPENING ANY TIME SOON. If you are banking on this technology in your working lifetime, you'll be sadly mistaken.

PS kill yourself
>>
>>130228112
Basically this.
>>
>>130254326
>merely output the program from the spec entered by the "programmer"
kys
>>
>>130238551
Since the work is repetitive, are employees allowed to wear headphones?
>>
>>130234194
nigga, they can't be making money on that. think about what the fuck they are doing. You'll be worse off in the end. there'll be no goddamned competition and amazon will just charge what they want.
>>
>>130249633
>Then Bezos will raise the prices as no competition can exist.
How will people afford to buy expensive products if they lose their jobs to Amazon? Where are all the unemployed people going to find expendable income?
>>
>>130234799
who the fuck cares, he's right. the .1% has fucked this country dry right in the asshole. not only that, fucking israel gets in on the dp action.
>>
>>130234839
Replace a local corporation by a foreign corporation. Burger education here.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.