[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreamers can Stay

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: dreamers-500x280-crop-v08.jpg (30KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
dreamers-500x280-crop-v08.jpg
30KB, 500x280px
Trump says Dreamers can STAY. His heart reaches out to them. DACA is here to stay.

At least for now.
>>
>Americans don't have dreams

can't make this shit up
>>
>>130224165
I don't get what's wrong with letting dreamers stay. As long as they're paying their student debts themselves, and paying their fair share of taxes, who cares? There are TENS OF THOUSANDS of immigrants who are felons, who are leaching off the system, and are off records. let's get them out
>>
>>130224387
This, its just pure hate
>>
Illegal Immigration is an act of love
>>
File: 1473017471191.gif (3MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473017471191.gif
3MB, 360x360px
>>130224165
Just proves Trump has a heart. Look at him dancing. He's dancing for the Dream Team.
>>
>DACA here going to answer questions

I found out about my status when my high school transcripts weren't going through, which prompted my parents to tell me the real situation.

I came legally through a visa when I was 3, I'm 24.

I don't care about my "homecountry", I've never been there and don't want to live there.

I enjoy firearms and live in a state that values and appreciates self defense. So I've always leaned slightly right despite of my status. If i ever get fixed Im going to enjoy that right.

I'm not going to be at the mercy of some random prick and lose everything I've worked for.

My family has never received any form of welfare and my father pays both a personal income tax and a corporate income tax for the company he started when he arrived.( you can obtain a ITIN number to file taxes)

I managed to get into a really good state school by busting my ass harder than other people who many times take their citizenship and benefits for granted.

I am paying everything through a private bank loan but I am in a good career field that will allow me to pay everything if I play my cards right.

Don't get me wrong the immigration system is a shit show for some countries.

We've been to multiple attorneys and they've all told us we are a low priority for deportation so to just sit and wait. Even if ICE detains my parents the likelihood of them being deported is extremely low.
I'm not some beaner or spic. I don't identify with la raza. Nobody from my family sends money "back home". I just want to live in peace.

Until then I'm playing my cards right.
>>
>>130224165
You mean literal law breakers?
Tough luck, if your parents didn't get you in legally, you broke laws. And you are going back.
>>
But will he renew it?
>>
>>130225887
Why not just go back home?
>>
>>130224165
they can dream their ass back to mexico
>>
>>130225887
You have to go back Paco.
>>
>>130225887
You're my brother/sister in freedom land lad. Do right by this country and no matter what the more larp heavy cucks say it will do right by you.
>>
File: IMAG1302.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1302.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>130224387
>I don't get what's wrong with letting dreamers stay.
They're criminals. They get subsidized schooling, don't pay taxes, and are bumped up on an admissions list over people that do contribute. They're not dreamers, they're young illegal immigrants and a future voter base that has known nothing but handouts their entire life.
>>
>>130225887
You are just blind to your own privilege m8.
>>
>>130229162
So much this.
>>
>>130230989
>Privilege
There are no handouts in life. My family started in the dirt bottom and we have busted and sacrificed our asses for years without receiving or expecting a cent back in return.

There are kids who get financial aid returns and spend 500+ dollars of tax payer money on dumb shit they don't need.

My father will never retire in this country yet he rolled his sleeves up, worked physically dangerous industry and helped maintain a strong family unit which allowed me to succeed in everything i have put my time in.

The only privilege I have is having tough shit luck which is allowing me to maintain strong discipline.
I may not have enough resouirces as others do but I am willing to work 3x as hard to get what others can in a heartbeat.
>>
>>130232044
And for each one of you there is three hundred shitskins who deserve nothing but a boot.
>>
File: 1391887320448.jpg (88KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1391887320448.jpg
88KB, 500x667px
>>130232044
>My family started in the dirt bottom and we have busted and sacrificed our asses for years without receiving or expecting a cent back in return.
As much as I hate encroachment of government, what you don't see is the fraud, illegal, and gray things that had to be done to be able to do so. Don't get me wrong, hard work is worthy of respect no matter who it comes from, but that is still a situation brought about by force. There is a system in place for people to have an opportunity in this country, and it should have been used. Reaping the rewards without going through the selection system is the issue.
>There are kids who get financial aid returns and spend 500+ dollars of tax payer money on dumb shit they don't need.
That I do agree with, but then again, their relatives and elders have been paying into the system for quite a while. In a way, it's their money and not my discretion to say what they do with it, and my perception of what is done with it is of no consequence.
>My father will never retire in this country yet he rolled his sleeves up, worked physically dangerous industry and helped maintain a strong family unit which allowed me to succeed in everything i have put my time in.
Again, work is respectable, hard work even more so. My father did as well. He did it legally, and had to jump through a myriad of hoops to do so only to later have his job while in uni given to an illegal who would undercut him.
What you're failing to see is the impact that a large influx of unskilled workers has on a population and it's economy. It ruins the middle class.
>The only privilege I have is having tough shit luck which is allowing me to maintain strong discipline.
Nonsense. Good on you for believing you work harder than anyone else, hopefully you do. Compare yourself to a first generation immigrant, like me. I don't qualify for shit in aid.
>>
>>130230788
A quick google search shows how ignorant you are about DACA.
Yes they have to pay taxes. If you have a ssn you have to pay taxes, period. They just don't have to contribute to obamacare.

https://unitedwedream.org/daca-tips/taxes-daca-need-know/

>subsidized schooling
stop making shit up.

If I have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), am I eligible for federal student aid?

"Undocumented students, including DACA recipients, are not eligible for federal student aid"

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/non-us-citizens

And as for the 'bumped up on admissions", that's just pure non-sensible gibberish. You make good grades, you get into school. As to when you get a reply, it's entirely based on how early you apply. They don't go through your selfies trying to pick out some kids over other kids.

I got all this information in 2 minutes. Stop being an ignorant piece of shit.
>>
>>130225887
You can go back to your shithole of a home country and the website you took that spacing from.
>>
>>130224165
wtf i like commies now
>>
File: UofM.png (69KB, 740x647px) Image search: [Google]
UofM.png
69KB, 740x647px
>>130233632
>If I have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), am I eligible for federal student aid?
>
>"Undocumented students, including DACA recipients, are not eligible for federal student aid"
Do you understand what public schools and in-state rates are? I wasn't talking specifically about FA.
As for getting bumped up: http://www.ceousa.org/attachments/article/548/UM_UGRAD_final.pdf
you can skip to the fourth page. Granted, it is from 2006. Figure may very likely have gone up since. I also misspoke: they aren't bumped up, it's simply that standards are lowered.
>>
>>130224387
Colleges give you scholarships for being brown, even illigal
>>
File: UofM2.png (238KB, 671x876px) Image search: [Google]
UofM2.png
238KB, 671x876px
>>130234954
They will let you in, even if illegal and retarded.
>>130233632
>>130234646
>>
Wtf I love illegal immigrants now. Thx Trump!
>>
>>130233504
I undertsnad your points and their all honest assestments.

Where my parents originally came from, it was not in economic ruin like Cuba or other communist hell-holes.
Therefore, they made a stupid decision but one that anybody who wants something better for their family would take.
My parents understand that they might not ever find resolution to their immigration status and they accept that.
My mother feels guilty everyday because she knows that everything that is happening to me was because of their mistake.
I don't hold it over them because I understood that for family you would do anything to make something better for them happen.

I am against a blanket reform though. I understand that letting anybody in is a recipe for disaster. I'm just asking for some consideration since I was brought here as a young mutt at 3. I don't care about handouts. I want to get my license as a professional and stay here.

>>130235610
In my state I do not receive financial aid through state run programs at all, neither federal aid or even federal student loans. I am taking out a private loan that I will carry with me for a good time so I can get ahead.

I didn't get in through a quota I had to go in person and be interviewed and judged based on performance and work from a myriad of other students. Money doesn't talk in this campus you need to have a strong record and set of skills actually be considered.

I get where you're trying to go with this but I will acknowledge this. Currently there are kids in universities who should not be there. They have no academic merit or willingness to seek a higher education and professional degree. Everybody and anybody can get into most public schools and I believe that the "economic values" of baccalaureates will go down because of it.
>>
>>130224387

University admissions are a zero-sum game and they've taken spots that could have been granted to Americans.

That reason alone is enough to throw them back into their third-world shitholes.
>>
File: oldone.png (2MB, 1023x768px) Image search: [Google]
oldone.png
2MB, 1023x768px
>>130237350
>My mother feels guilty everyday because she knows that everything that is happening to me was because of their mistake.
Tell her she did the best thing. You have a good position, you'll figure it out. Just let her know that. It's worth more than you think.
I used to resent my parents for giving up their residences and going back to a third world shithole, making me jump through a shitload of hoops to get a decent education past high school.
>I didn't get in through a quota I had to go in person and be interviewed and judged based on performance and work from a myriad of other students. Money doesn't talk in this campus you need to have a strong record and set of skills actually be considered.
I'll take that at face value, even though you just described a fair amount of admissions. What I brought up isn't necessarily a quota, but preferential treatment. By those numbers, even if you (we) were on par with a Caucasian or Asian you'd (we'd) have gotten the spot over them.
> They have no academic merit or willingness to seek a higher education and professional degree. Everybody and anybody can get into most public schools and I believe that the "economic values" of baccalaureates will go down because of it.
I agree. That's also where you fucked up, if you could have gotten a loan with the gov, you should have. Within a few we'll see massive bailouts/pardons for people on those.
Buena suerte.
>>
>>130224165
I was promised a deportation force and concentration camps. I got neither.
>>
>>130224165
Dreamers can be pretty based desu
>>
>>130225084
call me on muh shell phone
>>
>>130237350
>parents feel guilty
They should. They are criminals. You had no choice in the matter, but they are criminals.
>>
>>130225887
>I'm not some beaner or spic.

Stfu beaner
>>
>>130224165
YES TAKE THAT DRUMPFKINS
>>
File: C5PR5QAUoAAZrHr.jpg (87KB, 750x747px) Image search: [Google]
C5PR5QAUoAAZrHr.jpg
87KB, 750x747px
>>130224444
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.