[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does welfare creates poverty?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: 300px-Chicago_ghetto.jpg (27KB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Chicago_ghetto.jpg
27KB, 300x205px
I'm actually not a right-winger but I keep questioning this, when I see a lot of ghettos in developed countries where welfare is dominant.

The purpose of welfare is meant to reduce poverty, but I feel that it's rather reducing the ambition to climb the social ladder and thus to accept your misery.
>>
>>130178455
You figured out welfare trap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_trap
>>
All of the evidence points towards children being raised in poverty and an increased likelihood to use drugs, commit crime and being less likely to graduate highschool.

The majority (60-70%) of single parent households entered poverty (went on welfare) when they had children compared to only 20% of married/cohabiting couples.

People who were married before they had children are less likely to seperate than cohabiting couples so are less likely to end up requiring welfare.
>>
>>130179062
I also keep wondering what's the point of child benefit money.
>>
>>130179621
This is another interesting question: Does welfare destroys families?
>>
>>130179653

Was intended for children's use and care. Problem is that it is an honor system that depends on the honesty of the single mother to buy things for the child. More times the mother spends a little on the child and the rest on herself.

If you want to reform this then you need to use the power of the tax revenue service where receipts must be gathered and paperwork filled out and electronic cards that only work in certain stores and on certain products.
>>
>>130178455
It makes it so that people are comfortable being useless.
>>
>>130178455

The purpose of welfare is to keep people reliant on the government, dumbass.

I maintain if you take away cash payments to people on welfare, and only allow them to spend it on food via some method, unemployment would plummet
>>
>>130179867

Welfare is supposed to be a temporary fix for a problem, just enough money to get you going. Problem with welfare is that is is used way too much in that it goes on for 18 years and can be perpetuated by having more children. The problem is that there is no limit to welfare.
>>
>>130179867

I'm not familiar with how much the welfare system pays single vs married/cohabiting couples but i wouldn't be surprised to find out that a single person recieves more welfare than a married couple so there would be a financial incentive for them not to live together, which would lead to an increased likelihood of their children being delinquents, using drugs, and not graduating highschool.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEDfrBBPZzg
>>
>>130178455
These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don't move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there'll be no way of stopping them, we'll lose the filibuster and there'll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It'll be Reconstruction all over again.
Said to Senator Richard Russell, Jr. (D-GA) regarding the Civil Rights Act of 1957. As quoted in Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream (1977), by Doris Kearns Goodwin, New York: New American Library, p. 155.
>>
>>130181192
Yeah, that's what I thought. If a family is on their own, they would rather stick together and care for the children. If a family receives welfare, it will more likely break up and don't give a fuck about it.
>>
>>130178455
No. Exporting all the decent jobs, refusing to hire a person based on skin tone or sex, and pursing the almighty dollar above all else to the expense of treating people like chattel slave labor so that the CEO can get another million dollar bonus does.

FFS, every dollar put into food stamps makes four dollars worth of economic activity because it lets the person on them by food at the store that has a huge supply chain to get it there.
>>
>>130181192

Not just a single person but single mothers. Remember "we got to think of the women". There is also the fact there are thresholds to poverty like earning under a certain amount ($19999 for a family of 4 in the US). The numbers are not specific on what a family is, so a single mother can have 3 babies each at different intervals and receive welfare for close to 3 decades just off of this alone. There are also other programs too like women's care or individual child care welfare which pay out for certain criteria.
>>
>>130178455
In the United States, in order to qualify for welfare, you have to basically have no income at all, or the income of a part time McDonalds worker.

I make about 25k a year. Most would consider that impoverished. Believe it or not, that's way too much to qualify for any government aid at all.

It can be discerned in that case that many people on welfare do not go to work, or have no desire in bettering their situations and moving up the social ladder. Why would they want to? They'd have to give up welfare. It's easier to collect a government check while you work at McDonalds for 30 hours a week than work your way out of that situation to a level of income and success where you no longer qualify for aid
>>
It keeps people placated whole also keeping them unmotivated. Dems need perpetual voters, so they keep them fed and housed. So long as they are giving them just enough money to live off of, Dems will always have voters.

It's tantamount to how they used to use slaves. Except now instead of having the slaves pick cotton, they make them vote.
>>
>>130181192
A black woman, in the US, gets $0 if she has a husband or even a boyfriend living with her. If she lives with her mother, sister, and her kids, she gets a full ride, or "My Check". More kids, more money. If you know how to work the system, you can get section 8 in the nicest areas in town. Just make sure the social workers don't get your baby daddy at your place, and you're golden.

Liberals have trained blacks, black women in particular, that parenthood is only possible if white liberals pay for it, and have trained black women to have no shame for it, because she's owed that money because of [slavery][racism][injustice][insert cause here]. Their kids, with no solid parental models, run wild, and then get shot by police, and it's our fault, because of poverty. The liberals have built an enormous machine out of guilt and manipulation and have destroyed multiple generations of blacks, keep them chained in the welfare system, and rewarding the worst behavior, and punishing the best. We now have homes with 3, 4 generations of women who have never worked, never married, and have lived off of taxes and spit out kids in horrific numbers - and expects the state to care for those kids from cradle to grave.
Ghettos don't happen. They're created. And ours are 100% the product of liberal policies.
>>
>>130178455
Rome was so full of dirt poor people. They would travel from all over Italy. Why? because Rome would give away free bread.
>>
>>130182358

>25000
Even if this is low by your standards, having a spouse that makes something similar and combining incomes would bring you both up to $50000. $50000 for a husband, wife, and child in the right area is pretty decent.
>>
>>130181044
But then only dead people and commies would vote Dem and the party would die.
>>
>>130181703
A FUCKING LEEEEEAF!!!!
>>
>>130178455

Welfare is a battlefield of the war between high and low IQ genotypes. The brain and hormones of dumb women pushes them to reproduce as much as possible with thugs. Now there are two types of higher-than-average IQ phenotypes: the high-energy pragmatic go-getters and the lethargic bullshitters.

The former are programmers, business people, doctors, engineers, etc. The latter are journalists, salesmen, professors, non-profit workers, civil servants, etc. They are smart enough to only get by with bullshitting, but for what ever reason they don't have what it takes to actually get shit done. Maybe they are ugly, low testosterone, weak, depressed, anxious, fat, sensitive, not very analytical, have a weak immune system, etc. They are therefore resentful towards the former group which will tend to make more money, be more fit, and have more sexual success than them. They therefore are obsessed with using the power of the collective to punish these people and promote people like themselves. That consists of controlling the media, controlling civil society, controlling education and controlling the government through leftist propaganda.

Now the low IQ scum of society are the perfect way that these cerebral lefty assholes can browbeat the produce class of society with guilt, usurp their wealth, and empower more cucks through an ever larger government and welfare system. Thus they in essence ally themselves with these welfare leeches to a) gain power b) punish those who they feel inferior to c) feel good about themselves.
>>
>>130182973
Round theory, I like it.

Probably ain't true considering that they still have sex as long as they have money, but still valid.
>>
Welfare without education and good diet is somewhat ineffective. Because bad areas have poor school funding, people do not see a path. To escape their status and become engulphed in the culture of their surroundings. Unfortunately the best teachers aren't compelled to work in the worst areas.
>>
>>130178455
As someone receiving welfare from City of Lausanne and Vaud Canton, Switzerland I'd have to say yes. If I wanted to work legit, I'd have to report it to relevant authorities and they'd cut me off. As an immigrant your job prospects understandably poor, and potential job would hardly earn you more money than what you get from welfare, sitting on your ass/moonlighting

Note I receive disability assistance dunno if it's the same for unemployed able dudes
>>
bump

That's an interesting topic.
>>
>>130181489
Pure evil. I'm not even a nigger lover but just imagine the amount of niglets born into the nigress sow lead, dysfunctional black underclass since the 60s thanks to the actions of this faggot who just wanted some votes. Fuck, its unfair enough being born a nig from a IQ perspective, but on top of that, you can't even catch a break with at least having reliable parents/community to be raised in.
>>
Welfare is the price you pay for peace with the inferior elements of society.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.