[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are AoE game a good way tomaket kids redpilled?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

I remember how this game helped to redpilled me when I was like 12-13.

It triggered my awareness of european history and the sense of tribalism, among many other related aspects.

Can this game help little kids to become redpilled?
>>
>>130156682
Yes
>>
File: C7uIGjqUwAEFzQ0.jpg (265KB, 1200x1137px) Image search: [Google]
C7uIGjqUwAEFzQ0.jpg
265KB, 1200x1137px
I can predict the future if i put any euro AI on easy mode and choose Saracens or Persians
>>
>>130156682
Indeed. It made me interested in history, and then in politics and society, thus I got redpilled.
>>
howdoyouturnthisthingon

robinhood
>>
File: o-GERMANY-MUSLIM-facebook.jpg (668KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-GERMANY-MUSLIM-facebook.jpg
668KB, 2000x1000px
Wait, I have a better one.

Aoe2 can predict the future if I put the Saracen/Persian AI on hardest, choose Britons, start the game and then go downstairs and watch a movie.
>>
>>130158077
aegis nigger
>>
>>130156682
If by redpilled you mean developing an interest in history, then yes.
Btw, favorite campaigns were Genghis Khan and Montezuma.
>>
>>130156682
I learned that you can win with only bowmen and cavalry archers and that swordsman and pikemen cant reach the archer that just lures them left and right and kills them off.
Only good thing that the cavalry swordsman are good for is attacking siege weapons that are attacking your base.
The castle arrows cant reach the trebuchet thus one such can wreck a castle.
I hate it that soldiers idly attack bullshit buildings and setting enemy farms on fire, so i have to watch what their doing and act like a babysitter for each and every one of them.
Monks are the best unit to demoralize your human player enemy.
>>
>>130156682
For me it was Command and Conquer: Generals and the the Zero Hour expansion which got me into Nationalism and that fighting for one's beliefs and country isn't bad.
>>
>>130156682
First two games were great but I remember in AOE 2 in the Crusades campaign where the Muslims were the 'gud bois who din du nuffin' so not sure about red pilling.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (3KB, 256x160px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
3KB, 256x160px
>>130158260
>playing anything else but regicide
Fucking faggot
>>
>>130158558
Protect the king! Make way for the king!
>>
File: IMG_6867.jpg (20KB, 253x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6867.jpg
20KB, 253x246px
>>130156682
>>
File: tmp_6240-1494992998094236362335.jpg (20KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6240-1494992998094236362335.jpg
20KB, 504x415px
Age of Empires got me into medieval history and non-european civilizations.

Age of Mythology got me into the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian Pantheons.

Rome Total War got me into Ancient history and warfare.
>>
File: vthempirewhen.png (445KB, 736x789px) Image search: [Google]
vthempirewhen.png
445KB, 736x789px
>>130156682
it's okay but it's not exactly historical

Good for basic introductory history info, solid gameplay mechanics, not as bluepilled as paradox, has some info to read which is nice. Paradox games capture the purposelessness (so to say) of history- it just continues. AOE has victory conditions. Its more like starcraft and a traditional rock-paper-scissors RTS game than an exercise in history.
>>
The japan one is cringeworthy, since...you know Oda LOST? Guess who won the civil war?
>>
send boat loads of villagers to another island and chop down all their trees, mine all their stone and steal all their gold. Then when everything turns to shit.. send those fat ones with the bombs and save your file as Europe
>>
I mean I would think not. I am pilled , played the game during it's hype age 10-15 ish but I don't credit the game much.
>>
>>130158555

Nationalism will bring us victory!

Foreign devil!
>>
I was already pilled, so when I saw AoE as a young lad I got it. Was awesome.
>>
>>130156682
i have such warm fuzzy memories of AOE II along with Starcraft and Diablo II. those were better times my friends..when there were far less normies and virtually no political correctness on the net. also, technology hadn't taken over day to day life and ruined human interaction yet. i want to go back.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.