[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a "soft" alternative to MSM?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: echo-chamber.jpg (46KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
echo-chamber.jpg
46KB, 400x268px
I have made some headway in what I expect will be a long process of redpilling my GF (she's midwestern and instinctively conservative on social issues, but also programmed to be "open-minded" when it comes to the various PC positions). I got her to watch "The Red Pill" documentary, which has got her to rethink what feminism really is, and I'm explaining some things like 3rd wave intersectionality, cultural marxism, etc.

My question: Now that she's on this path, is there a good alternative media source that I can redirect her to? Up to this point she's been listening to a ton of NPR. I'd like to get her away from that to at least stop the torrent of propaganda, but I'm not sure what to replace it with. (Right now I've got her listening to classical music instead of NPR, but she wants to be "tuned in" on current affairs.)

She's not ready yet to be thrown into full-on red/black pilled media with JQ / white genocide, etc., or even stuff like Drudge, Breitbart, Infowars, etc. -- it's going to seem too shrill to her "NPR" sensibilities and will just turn her off.

Is there some kind of middle ground? Something that seems calm and rational, while not being relentlessly redpilled on the one hand or constantly serving up a steaming pile of cultural marxist propaganda on the other?
>>
Google Now news + hiding all NYT and WP.
>>
>>130156343
This is an interesting option that I'll pursue -- curating the sources could help.

I think she's going to want some kind of A/V option though, even if it's not live TV or radio... I've gotten her away from a lot of it, but her old comfort zone is the nightly network (NBC) news, in addition to NPR.
>>
>>130156563
And while I'm at it, I should probably go through and start subtly "tuning" her Facebook news feed. I've made some headway in realizing that social media is unhealthy -- she doesn't really use it anymore, but she still looks at Facebook from time to time.
>>
>>130156263
If you want really soft, see if you've got any bog standard conservative talk radio stations near you. They got shut down and watered down hard over the past decade or so, but I'm starting to hear more just sort of milquetoast common complaints on the return, even from programs that really aren't about politics per se.

Any way you can get her to branch out from just one news source should be good. That's really the trick in my personal experience is being able to see bias so that you have to decide where the truth lies.
>>
>>130157612
Yeah, I think if I can put together a nicely weighted Google News stream, that could be a good starting point. At a minimum it will help her get used to looking at a lot of different sources rather than starting from one, and to look for bias as she goes.

In terms of specific sources, I'm also thinking the Guardian and the Independent in the UK might strike the right tone...
>>
>>130157879
I've been using drudge as my go-to aggregator for quite a while. From my perspective it's kind of a way to keep a reading on normie news with a good dash of just plain weird / interesting stories.

Probably too extreme these days for starter material, but they also run a lot of balanced pieces, which, oddly enough, often come from one of the main UK outlets. I find they have a knack for saying what the US media won't say but with kind of the stereotypical British stoicism. So that's probably good thinking as far as organizing a news stream.
>>
>>130156263
Joe Rogan's podcasts. He covers a wide spectrum of people and they are super interesting.

It's what I started listening to when the redpills made me allergic to my regular NPR listening.
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (71KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
71KB, 500x600px
>>130156263
>"The Red Pill" documentary

ew lmao. Men's Rights is just the male version of feminism, whiny egalitarian garbage.
>>
>>130158658
Yeah, it's not that I'm into MRA in particular. It was just a means to exposing some of the contradictions of 3rd wave feminism that I thought she would find accessible
>>
>>130156263

Christina Hoff Sommers and actually Paglia at this point for anti-feminist stuff. They both still call themselves feminists but the mainstream feminism has excommunicated Sommers. Paglia is sort of a radical dyke that contributed a lot back in the day so they try to ignore her as they can't excommunicate but now even she is like "whoa guys you've gone off the deep end here"
>>
>>130156263
National review
>>
Al Jazeera is surprisingly non-pozzed about USA/Israel.
>>
Red ice radio or world peace if she's edgy enough
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.