[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Maker Movement- a sign of de-civilization

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: theMakerMovement.jpg (10KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
theMakerMovement.jpg
10KB, 244x206px
Civilization happened when men chose to trade instead of steal- to specialize instead of being jacks-of-all-trades.
"Making" is a waste of time and effort, just do your fucking job.
>>
File: a43.jpg (1MB, 1500x1119px) Image search: [Google]
a43.jpg
1MB, 1500x1119px
>>130139156
>de-civilisation is bad
>>
>>130139156
Nah, it teaches skills and some non zero percentage of those people will combine those skills to go behind and do some thing new
>>
>>130139156
Being a polymath is something every man should strive for, get the fuck out with your slide thread
>>
>>130140725
>Typing this on the internet, brought to you by civilization
>>
Another template thread. What's the point of these?
>>
>>130140725
huh, I never saw this one on the_donald
>>
Oh look it's this thread again
>>
>>130140725
>switzerland
>literal heaven of jew banks

kys
>>
>>130143112
Sure, technology is useful.
Meanwhile, civilization now means (((progress))), apathy and tolerance. We're on the downward spiral.

We need to come to a simpler and better lire that a engineered fake paradise. So being able to be self sufficient and not dependent of a state or corporations isn't a bad thing either.
>>
File: C66BtnjWoAEkv8J.jpg (200KB, 1200x806px) Image search: [Google]
C66BtnjWoAEkv8J.jpg
200KB, 1200x806px
>>130139156
>"Making" is a waste of time and effort, just do your fucking job.
yes, be a good goy: go to work and get paid and use those shekels to buy from your master

diy was used in earlier times to weaken the state since you avoid taxes
>>
>>130143112
>Walking in shackles made by civilization

>>130144267
I think we only want to progress, because it's fear driven. I go on vacation to an island (I live on one, but it's connected), and the island has no electricity; there's books, and board games, but no computers or phone service. It's actually pretty good, because everything is less stressful there, and my friends and family defocus from electronics (because we don't need them).
living in a very technological environment, it's like constant bombardment of instant feedback, and this reinforces itself in a loop.

We progress only because we want to progress; and we want to progress, because we've been progressing.
>>
>>130139156

People used to have to make their own stuff. My Grandfather used to make his own shoes. Buying everything from a shop just makes you lazy and dumb.

>just do your fucking job
Wage-Slavery is death.
>>
>>130139156
This shitty thread everyday. You sure dont want "alt-right" to spread to makers? Afraid that someone learns to use a laythe ?

This is shill tactics because they want makerspaces to remain communist shitholes
>>
>>130139156
>>130148271
This exact same thread, word-to-word, comes up once every month.

Do not bump forum slide.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.