[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make Microbiology Great Again

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: asm_logo.jpg (22KB, 150x65px) Image search: [Google]
asm_logo.jpg
22KB, 150x65px
Dear /pol,

I am sad. My professional organization, The American Society for Microbiology, used to be an organization dedicated to a bunch of old nerds having conferences and talking about my favorite nerd things and sending out a magazine monthly called Microbe which, you guessed it, was about microbiology. About two years ago, they sent around on online vote for changes to the constitution and bylaws:

www asm org/index.php/governance/constitution-and-bylaws

This established a board of directards blah blah and somehow seemed to pass easily. It also established several positions that are strictly to be filled with foreign scientists. Now, instead of 'Microbe' magazine, we get a magazine called 'Cultures' which although a clever play on words, is hardly about microbiology at all. It's just an SJW rag about women in science and doing science in mud-huts. And today we get this fun survey to fill out so that our conferences can be safe spaces:

www surveymonkey com/r/asmsafe

I truly do not understand how this happened so fast. I used to love this dorky little organization, but it wants to pretend it's an NGO. Where did it all go wrong? Do I start my own club with science, hookers, and blow?

Please advise...
>>
>>130113060
>Do I start my own club with science, hookers, and blow?

Yes.
>>
>>130113060
i guess you could fight against it...but that would be hard
>>
>>130113060

I work at a government health institution and the SJW atmosphere is sickening.

Science is being co-opted by the left.

The State funds science and thus science bends to the will of Statists' will.

Social justice goes hand in hand with Statism, so this invasion of liberal ideals into science, which should be non-partisan, is unavoidable.
>>
>>130115967
>>130116265
>>130113060

When they ask you what your desired pronoun is demand they call you "your majesty", "m-lord", "his excellence" etc.

And make sure to get super triggered and throw every SJW tactic right back in their face when they refuse.
>>
>>130116466
>6
I love this idea. I was on a student panel for undergrads about whether or not they should go to grad school and was taken aback when the person chairing a panel asked us to all introduce ourselves including our preferred pronouns. The worst part was nobody said anything you couldn't tell by looking at them anyway.
>>
You know really what I'd like to figure out is how this process of reorganizing the society came about. I mean it's crazy that it just suddenly undergo such a profound change without some crazy conspiracy behind it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.