[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The rise of the (((internet celebrity))) is the logical conclusion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2801.jpg (25KB, 220x156px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2801.jpg
25KB, 220x156px
The rise of the (((internet celebrity))) is the logical conclusion of the cancer that is social media. By giving people a platform to pontificate about what they had for breakfast we are unnecessarily feeding their egos. We are making them think that what they have to say or contribute is really important.

The extreme example of this is the (((internet celebrity))). From youtubers who make videos with fake plastic smiles and recycled EDM tracks, rambling about such asinine bullshit as their taste in video games or their personal political views; to the instagram whores who have megabytes worth of pictures doing the exact same pose in the same three outfits; to the snapchat sluts who think taking nudes with the dog filter is edgy.

In short, technology has jumped the shark. Instead of building to expand our reach into the stars and beyond, we have focused on building an ever tighter social network. Why should I care about finding new energy sources, Eugenia just posted a selfie! Fuck the space program, there's a new Evalion video! Medical nanobots? Forget that, cashmeousside girl is twerking!

Humans are not ready for technology. We are unworthy of this power and for our own good it must be eliminated.
>>
Additionally, it is harmful for us to live vicariously through other people. It numbs us to the realities of our own lives and keeps us from doing anything meaningful to better ourselves. A true opiate for the masses
>>
>>130005545
Agreed famalam, shit is depressing and mind numbing. It also withdraws you from actually making real, fulfilling social connections while cataloging the masses.

I recently deleted instagram, snapchat, and facebook (and I was normie status on iG getting like 200 likes a picture as a guy). Some girls look at me funny but I'm pretty normal and have friends so they think its more of a mystery thing than anything. Plus it feels good to not see where rich girl from my hs went for vacation last week or which yoga studio they are using now. Seems like people do things for social media, instead of enjoying the now.
>>
File: 95f.png (28KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
95f.png
28KB, 655x509px
>>130005545

>mfw I realize electricity was a mistake
>>
>>130005545
Easy there ted. But seriously technology is only the way it is, because at the end of our social trading system lies inherit greed in a capitalistic system that denigrates ingenuity for the sake of sales. It's how the game will run and can only run in a world without a one world government. Which is terror in an of itself. The human condition is literally a question of picking your poison and dying for it.
>>
File: 1497376879302.jpg (19KB, 243x252px) Image search: [Google]
1497376879302.jpg
19KB, 243x252px
>>130011166

technology was a mistake. television is probably the worst thing humans have invented.
>>
>>130005545
>Humans are not ready for technology. We are unworthy of this power and for our own good it must be eliminated
OR you could just fuck off into the woods, luddite scum.
>>
>>130011323

>OR you could just fuck off into the Woods

sadly no. there are no forests left here. you can't even camp freely, there are a thousand permits, regulations,... you need to obey, I am registered to pay taxes,...

there is no escape to civilization.
>>
>>130005545
>you will never know exactly what mcveigh and teddy talked about in prison
>>
>>130005545
>Instead of building to expand our reach into the stars and beyond
oh, that's still happening. the thing is, the elitists won't allow the goyim anywhere near their advanced technology. they're gonna build themselves into transhumans with superior intellects and superior physical capabilities, they're gonna get rid of diseases and they're gonna invent life extending technology and basically stop aging. their end goal is to upload their mind into computers so that they can live forever.
elites building bunkers for themselves that will save them from a nuclear apocalypse is the old way, they're all about finding habitable planet for themselves now, where we won't be able to reach them.
in short: super advance technology for the elites and scraps for the goyim.
>>
>>130011568
This. We are slaves to a society we never wanted
>>
>>130011568
So just stop. The real problem is that no one actually wants to be like Uncle Ted. They want to pontificate while still being a part of the system they claim to despise.

You don't get to live your Total Recall Mars fantasy so you bitch about the Internet on the Internet. Fuck off to the woods or just fuck off.
>>
>>130013044
>prisoner stop complaining about your prison
>leave your prison cell or stop complaining
>>
>>130013044
it's not bitching on the internet about the internet, it's bitching about how the internet could have been something great but it turned into one gigantic pile of shit. remember back in the day when they were hyping the internet and always focusing on the knowledge and all sorts of information that's available only a couple of clicks away. yeah, we still have that but that's not the main focus, the main focus now is ephemeral garbage entertainment, and that's not gonna change. and the internet is gonna become increasingly regulated and they're gonna attempt to strip everyone of internet anonymity. i wouldn't be surprised if they come up with something like a permit to use the internet.
i remember five or six years ago when i talked about this (the shitty state of the internet) with my friend and he said "it's like if you take someone into a warehouse that's full to the brim with all sorts of interesting and useful objects and that person, out of all the things available, picks a dildo and shoves it up his ass".
>>
>>130012821
This is literally our whole problem.
I wouldn't give a fuck about jews, faggots, niggers, whores, degeneracy, welfare parasitism and all that, if I wasn't forced to associate with it.
>>
>>130014142
the main reason why the internet is absolute garbage now is social media, because social media introduced millions upon millions of normies to the internet and with them they brought their normie ways. but that also has its positive side because more normies are being exposed to alternative information.
>>
>>130005545
>tfw a political manifesto by a wierdo in woods making wooden bombs is more redpilled than my history book
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.