[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southern Baptist Convention condemns the alt-right

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
What does this mean, /pol/? This is one of the biggest religious groups in the US (especially the south), and they just declared the alt-right a racist, un-Christian ideology:

>Southern Baptists voted overwhelmingly to condemn ‘alt-right white supremacy’

>A Southern Baptist Convention proposal to condemn a white nationalist group was passed and received a standing ovation during the convention’s annual meeting on Wednesday...

>On Wednesday, about 5,000 Southern Baptists seemed to vote overwhelmingly positive on the resolution condemning the alt-right movement...

>Many evangelicals of color have said they feel alienated by such high white evangelical support for Trump and have asked leaders to condemn those who support him who are racist. While several Southern Baptist leaders have served on Trump’s evangelical advisory board, many younger Southern Baptists — including the denomination’s Ethics and Religious Liberty president Russell Moore — vocally opposed his candidacy.

>The Southern Baptist resolution was written by Dwight McKissic, a black pastor from Cornerstone Baptist Church in Arlington, Tex., who said he wanted the denomination to make it clear they had no sympathy for the alt-right.

>“I saw people identifying themselves as Southern Baptist and members of the alt-right, so this is horrifying to me,” McKissic said. “I wanted the Southern Baptist Convention to make it very clear we have no relationship to them."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/06/14/southern-baptists-are-about-to-vote-on-a-proposal-to-condemn-white-supremacy/
>>
>they don't even use king james
>>
>>129981519
They're fucking retarded for even touching politics.
Way to alienate even more of your members for "good boy" points.

>you're not allowed to have white identity!
>das racist!!! reeeeeeee

Meanwhile black and asian churches are championed by the SBC.
>>
File: 1496078908484.jpg (246KB, 643x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496078908484.jpg
246KB, 643x960px
>>129981519
I know it's you Obama Leaf
>>
File: lead_960[1].jpg_1489514808.jpg (92KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
lead_960[1].jpg_1489514808.jpg
92KB, 960x640px
>>129981980
They're pretty cucked good-goy-tier "Christians," but a lot of their members DID vote for Trump. It seems like the church is trying to put them back on the path to ¡Yeb! or some other "standard" cuckservative.
>>
>>129982313
Yeah I don't like larger denominations because once they get big enough they can't resist the temptation to start meddling with the state
>>
>>129981519
>What does this mean, /pol/?

It means that the influence of the alt-right has grown consideraably
>>
>>129981519
test wjjr!na))
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.