[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on the revolutionary war

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

redpill me on the revolutionary war, particularly pertaining to cause of the war. interesting how the nation can be split so simply.
>>
England dropped the tax on tea and the smugglers chimped out and threw tea in sea.
>>
revolution or civil?
>>
>>129975514
Greedy merchants
>>
>>129975514

Yeah that's gonna be a civil war flag there bud.
>>
>>129975514
Stonewall Jackson was a general in the 2nd war of independance.

Not in the revolutionary war.
>>
http://unqualified-reservations.blogspot.com/2009/01/gentle-introduction-to-unqualified_15.html
>>
>>129975514
A bunch of drunk libertarian farmers got angry the British levied a 2% paper tax so they got more drunk libertarians to write a document trolling the king. The king takes the bait and we sniped the shit out of Britain until they went home crying
>>
sorry i'm higher than i thought i'd be, i meant civil war. i'm dumb.
>>
>>129976602
This is actually rather accurate.
>>
but hey i'm interested in both so fuck it. i just want to be the opposite of matt damon in good will hunting. fuck howard zinn
>>
FREE MASONS
>>
>>129976602
>>129976851
What about the Tea thing?
>>
>>129976931
>>129976802
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party
>>
English King then was a bit of a twat, Eng knew the potential, but the US was making a loss, all the coin was being made in the Caribbean, and like a greedy cunt with no foresight he too a 'nah, fuck it', short term attitude to the states.

The English did get Canada as a result, a lot of the people in the US were loyal to the King still and fucked off up north.

Some say the brits played a false flag and they were the insurgence, establishing an opposition before one actually took hold
>>
File: guiliford courthouse.png (2MB, 1156x828px) Image search: [Google]
guiliford courthouse.png
2MB, 1156x828px
>>129975514

You're posting the wrong war for starters.
>>
>>129977472
I think basically, The british east india company as a result of the tea act of 1773, was able to bypass england as a wholesaler by selling directly to america but cutting out american merchants as a result. The taxation of tea was actually decreased from the tea act, however there was a tax on importing into boston harbor as a result of the three-pence-per-pound duty from the tea act. The tea act actually allowed colonist to get tea at half price then the British consumers. As for taxes in general(besides tea), colonists paid only one shilling a head in a year but british paid about 26 shillings a year. So despite this, the principle of taxation without representation from the tea acts' three-pence-per-pound duty enacted by the Townshend Acts in 1767 (which was a British Parliament series of resolutions to generate revenue in the colonies) angered the colonists. So some people caused the Boston tea party (which isn't what they called it at the time) that of which, there were actually several. In response to this the harbor was shutdown by the British until damages were paid. This was implemented under the 1774 Intolerable Acts and known as the Boston Port Act.. George Washington actually condemn the act thinking it to be a violation of private property. Overall it was just a small piece of a larger frustration.

I did my best but some of that information could be flawed.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.