[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Herbalife: The Largest Pyramid Scheme in History?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Herbalife.png (493KB, 1130x680px) Image search: [Google]
Herbalife.png
493KB, 1130x680px
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/11/herbalife-documentary-betting-on-zero

>When a documentary film questioning Herbalife’s business practices hit the festival circuit last year, the global nutrition giant launched a swift, devastating counterattack.

>The stakes, after all, were high. The film, Betting on Zero, asked if the company was a vast pyramid scheme that bilked hundreds of thousands of poor, vulnerable people in the US and across the world. The company maintains its direct sales model has been misunderstood.

>Even before the film premiered at New York’s Tribeca film festival, a well-connected Democratic lobbyist tweeted that the film was funded by a Wall Street vulture who had staked a billion dollars on Herbalife’s demise.

>A website mimicking the documentary, bettingonzero.com, funneled Google searches to a litany of damaging accusations against the film. Picketers at festival screenings handed out flyers that repeated the accusations.

>Lobbyists bought half the tickets for a screening at the National Portrait Gallery and did not show up, leaving scores of empty seats. If the goal was to snuff out the 99-minute film, it almost worked.

>But the tide turned, Braun said. “The reception was tremendous. It tipped things over. It made the distributors feel confident there was a big market for this film.”

>Betting on Zero had a theatrical release last month and started streaming on-demand over the weekend, debuting as the top documentary on iTunes.

This is huge guys. If Herbalife collapses it will be like Maddox and Enron together. We are talking one of the world's largest companies.
>>
>>129971519
Straight to archive
https://archive.is/bYr9G
>>
>>129971519

>paid for by Bill Ackman

kek, who knows, he's probably right, but it's too late now. most of the nation is a pyramid scheme these days

apocalypse soon, etc.
>>
File: ncFbq.png (89KB, 908x647px) Image search: [Google]
ncFbq.png
89KB, 908x647px
>>129971519
>>
File: herbalife-pyramid.jpg (200KB, 744x578px) Image search: [Google]
herbalife-pyramid.jpg
200KB, 744x578px
>>129971659
93% of Herbalife distributors made NO PROFIT at all
>>
>>129971519
I've been saying this for over a year. I don't know one person that buys this shit except for this one girl who tries to sell it and I think she eventually quit.
>>
>>129971519
Social Security is a fucking ponzi scheme. Fraud is only ok when the government does it goy.
>>
>>129971519
Also, if this shit was actually good for you, then you can just buy whatever you want online at their website.
>>
>>129972742
>>129971519
Are you two shorting their stock?
>>
All MLMs need to be shut down, and their leaders dragged through the streets
>>
File: 1484645628657.jpg (89KB, 640x522px) Image search: [Google]
1484645628657.jpg
89KB, 640x522px
>>129971519
Every once in a while I see people with Herbalife graphics on their car. They are usually shitty cars that presumably belong to a less-than-wealthy person.

I've always wondered what it is they sell, because I've personally never seen one of their products. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a pyramid scheme
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.