[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here Eagle?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 20

File: eaglescout.png (17KB, 191x212px) Image search: [Google]
eaglescout.png
17KB, 191x212px
Also, how has it affected your politics?
>>
File: scouts1.jpg (32KB, 350x152px) Image search: [Google]
scouts1.jpg
32KB, 350x152px
Starting things off.
>>
>>129822688
eagle scout, vigil honor, I live in kansas and hate sam brownback but voted trump because i wasnt going to vote for hillary. I lean moderate since it just makes god damn sense
>>
>>129823563
>moderate
>white supremacist
You and I may have a thing or two in common. It's complicated, but I'm worried about our Western-Atlantic civilization and our place in the world. Also, I think there are many policies often described as "liberal" and "conservative" that could work if moderately and properly applied.
>>
>>129823803
true, hell, I mean programs should work and I sometimes get tired of pols black and white stance on things but I try to be reasonable at least
>>
Eagle Scout from 1999 when I was 16 1/2 - 17 y/o.

Southern California. Troop *** (the rowdy ones at camp)

Even went to the National Jamboree in Virginia.
>>
>>129823803
>]
I just had a conversation with my father today (who voted for trump btw even though he started as lefty jew from la in the 50-60's as a young un) about how I would abolish almost all welfare social net systems in favor of a guaranteed income... it was hard for him to wrap his head around.
>>
File: 1474262315248.jpg (81KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1474262315248.jpg
81KB, 785x757px
>>129824071
Does it start with a 65?
>>
>>129824398
Nope. A "21".
>>
>>129822688
I got to star than ran out of time
>>
File: 1446835476963.jpg (226KB, 530x548px) Image search: [Google]
1446835476963.jpg
226KB, 530x548px
>>129824398
>>
>>129824513
Damn I don't ever remember a Troop that started with 21 at camp. Oh well.
>>
>>129824352
I'm def open minded about guaranteed income to SUPPLEMENT earned income. It's more pragmatism than ideology on my part when we hear about the direction the economy and tech are going in the next few decades. It's an idea we should all be more open minded about.
>>
>>129824071
my dad wouldnt let me start my eagle project until i went to philmont and seabase, he said he didnt want a paper eagle
>>
>>129824598
We were out of a town near the port of long beach.
>>
File: 1485940163475.jpg (84KB, 645x851px) Image search: [Google]
1485940163475.jpg
84KB, 645x851px
>>129824712
>tfw Seal Beach
>>
Eagle from 2012

Silver Palm too! any other palmfags here?
>>
>>129824781
>tfw Bronze palm

Guh
>>
>>129824651
I spent two weeks re-painting, fixing up, and landscaping my 2 year college's police station. Mostly by myself and a few friends and family members after the first day of volunteers. Plus my record was impeccable. I got three eagle palm/feathers and almost got a 4th. I specialized in outdoor skills, wilderness survival, and first aid. I ain't no paper eagle. Well except on Paper.
>>
File: mD7ComD.jpg (264KB, 1920x1867px) Image search: [Google]
mD7ComD.jpg
264KB, 1920x1867px
the rapist signed my certificate
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
Quit before I made it out of tenderfoot. Mainly because my troop was full of fucking faggot assholes who I hated. This one autist insisted on hitting everyone and no one did shit. They were all foul-mouthed and perverse little bitch boys. One of them showed me some hentai about a guy that turns into a woman when he gets splashed with water. Shit confused the fuck out of me.
>>
>>129822688
>Boy Scouts
Sorry never did like being molested
>>
>>129825028
Which one?
>>
Why is this group of Pedos still around? It's fucking weird. They are grown me who take boys they aren't related to and go do weird shit in the woods
Glad they ate dying out because that shit is a haven for sex offenders.
I just had a boy myself and I would never let him in scouts. He can play vidya like me and avout being molested by some freak in a kerchef.
>>
>>129825058
Which Troop?
>>
>>129825058
I once held a kid over a cliff on Catalina for shining a flash light in everyone's eyes on a night hike.

>I would have too.
>>
>>129825066
so you're saying you were molested?
>>
I got kicked out of beaver scouts
for eating a brownie!!!
>>
File: Blessed to Remove 2.jpg (256KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Blessed to Remove 2.jpg
256KB, 1200x800px
>>129825066
>>129825134
Scouts are alright. Way more cucked then they used to be. I think it was a good escape for young white men wanting to do something other than smoking weed and parties.

It was a great skill building expirence, especially for the city folk.
>>
Eagle

Right

>Pre-faggot, pre-atheist era in a Catholic church
>We were mostly literally fascists
>>
>>129823563
Order of the Arrow was weirdo shit
>>
>>129825227
Oh, no I was never molested because I wasn't in scouts.
>>
>>129822688
Life here. Aged out before I could get the proposal for my Eagle Project approved. Bummed I didn't get the chance to finish, but I've no regrets. Got out just before scouts started to go downhill in the mid-00s. I checked in with my old troop a few years ago, all but one of the ASMs are moms, now, instead of dads and apparently they don't even go on more than one or two campouts a year. Sucks.

>>129823803
There's nothing wrong with being a moderate ethnocentrist. All it means is that you want your community and your kin to be left in peace, you'd just prefer to find a non-genocidal way to accomplish that goal.
>>
>>129825491
I only made it to the first entry rank of that... anyone have more experience with it? I actually liked the "ordeal" it was a great introductory rite. I wanted to go further but i got my eagle right after and wanted to pursue school and girls and traveling and shit and stopped scouts.
(which i'm now trying to get back into now that I have a son)
>>
>>129825332
The white part is a turn off. It seems racist honestly and the focus on religion and camping is fascist
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 1024x986px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 1024x986px
>>129825105
I'll give you a hint. Southeastern Texas. Troop met in a Methodist church. Started with 3.
>>
>>129825587
I just looked up my old troop it looks like they attempted a comeback around 2011 but failed. Then dissolved. The number got recycled to like Carolina or something.
>>
>>129825332
100% this

My troop was extremely chill, always let the older patrols do whatever the hell we wanted on campouts. We did 50 mile backpacking treks every summer and all went to Jamboree together in 2010. 5 years after graduating high school and I'm still friends with most of the guys from my troop. We had a very high Eagle success rate, compared to other troops I've known.

Nowadays when I visit home and see my old troop (my cousin just started scouts a year ago) I just get sad. Nu-scouting is kind of pathetic.
>>
>>129822688
too lazy... only made it to Star
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 476x627px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 476x627px
>>129825196
You sound like a psychopath.
>>
>>129825134
when I was in the scouts master was some ones dad. the boys parents are there. the boy scouts is not a daycare if the parents don't get involved the boys don't get to go any where
>>
>>129825731
You got me. Any guess I would offer would be more of an insult to my intelligence than saying I don't know or adding platitudes...
>>
>>129825105
Bill Clinton
>>
>>129825834
My troop also had a high rate of Eagles, like 20-30% higher than other troops. I think when you get some good leaders in the things can rock. If the leaders suck... well... isn't that just a /pol/ topic for ya.
>>
Yeah I got Eagle. I'm still mostly a nationalist but I guess my thoughts on different types of nationalism changes as I study.
>>
The entire concept of scouting is so bizzare to me.
Why would anyone want to go in the woods instead of comfy internet and gaming? I spend maybe 3 hours yearly outside amd it is so dull
>>
File: 1477484918684.jpg (1MB, 2048x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1477484918684.jpg
1MB, 2048x1122px
>>129826373
Maybe you should go outside some time
>>
File: meme2.jpg (83KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
meme2.jpg
83KB, 960x960px
zero.... nu scouting has pissed me off so much i wont even buy popcorn and i'm a eagle.... old scout did lead me be a strong man dough
>>
>>129825879
>18+ people out at night (specifically with low light levels to try and gain night vision to get to our next campsite which we needed to prepare in darkness for a merit badge... hiking along a low cliff (only maybe 15 ft to the nice cool water below)
>kid was always the asshole of the group, brought a bunch of candy he secretly made everyone carry in his "extra special bags", and was obnoxious in every way.
>starts shining his flashlight in everyon's eyes and after repeated attempts to address the issue the adult retreat further up ahead.
>kids left are the middle class
>I was upper middle class and I firmly but politely grabbed him and pushed him "near" the edge of the hill with a firm grasp on him in both hands.
> demand he stops immediately or he will be going over the hill next time. Take his light. Push him to the back of the line.

Okay I went a little fisherman tale on it in my first post.
>>
>>129826184
I agree, it really comes down to quality adult leadership. The last scoutmaster I had before graduating high school wrote me a letter of rec for college and is offering me a job after I graduate next year.

I don't give a shit if women want to help out in leadership, hell my mom taught several merit badges over the years and helped with committee stuff. But a strong adult male role model makes or breaks those developing years.
>>
>>129826167
oh, well then we're in the same boat. That always bumbed me out. I thought about scanning in the presidential letter I received and just editing it to print on my wall as I saw fit with whatever name I wanted. Then I realized that's probably illegal.
>>
>>129826373
Connection with the divine and the earth and all of life.
>>
>>129826616
I think people that feel that way should get re-involved immediately. I want my son to experience it and I want to help do that. Course I have no idea how bad it has gotten now. It may be a lost cause.
>>
>>129825677
I agree, OA was kind of fucking weird. I had a friend who got really into all the ceremonies and regalia shit they do, and now he's 22 and still working at summer camps.
>>
File: girlscouts.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
girlscouts.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
>>129826616
>popcorn
Of course not. I do buy them cookies from the girls though.
>>
Iowa here

>made it to life scout
>gave up due to nerds in troop
>ripped as all get out; max chad
>waste my chad years turning down ratch poonani

>fast forward to today
>despise being brainwashed into being a "good guy"
>have all the money

Weird deal. I wouldnt be here without Boyscouts. At the same time wtf
>>
>>129826769
Fuck ya. My mom was the cub-patrol head and I did that with her my whole cub scout life. Then, her and my dad got heavily involved; we had a retired principal/teacher as our scout master. shit was sick.
>>
File: bl2.png (1MB, 529x775px) Image search: [Google]
bl2.png
1MB, 529x775px
>tfw scouting will never be great again
>>
>>129826876
Eh, I don't feel any connection to nature. I will take video games over that ahit any day
I see no appeal in it at all when I have movies, games and air conditioning at home
Aside from drugs and alcohol I see no reason to camp. No clue why anyone would enjoy it. I spend maybe 3 hours yearly outsioutside because it seems pointless.
>>
I'm an Eagle scout.

It's nothing special. I'm glad I learned a few things and went camping with friends growing up.

It doesn't hurt having on your resume either.
>>
File: blpage1.png (769KB, 534x793px) Image search: [Google]
blpage1.png
769KB, 534x793px
>>129827144
>>
>>129826990
Shit i'm 33 and i'm looking to get into working at summer camps.
>>
File: Capture.png (527KB, 575x833px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
527KB, 575x833px
>>129827200
>>
>>129827177
when they start downloading brains, i'm sure you'll be a great test subject. Enjoy!
>>
File: sad pepe.jpg (134KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
sad pepe.jpg
134KB, 500x497px
it really is man feelz bad... it was the one place a young white male could be a young white male and not get into trouble or be a lazy pos....
>>
Hasn't really affected my politics. I remember my asshole hurt like hell the day after the "one on one camping trip. The documentary cameras made me a little nervous too. The only fire we started was in my ass. Brother Todd said Vaseline was cheating.
>>
rare?
>>
>>129827119
Oh shit, which troop?
>>
>>129827503

I'm from & live in the Des Moines area
>>
>>129827315
Well I mean yeah why wouldn't you download your brain. I don't understand your point.
Nature is useless, it's the mind that matters.
The death of scouting reflects man making the logical decision to favor electronics and their superior stimulation over a bunch dirt and trees.
>>
fuck that joo shit... fucking boost humanity with super drugs and gmo... ALPHA HUMANS
>>
>>129827727
You need to seriously re-evaluate your values or accept that you know nothing of the spiritual realm. If you think you're "brain" or it's replicate have any relationship to who you are as a "soul" then we are on different paths entirely. I wish you the best of work on yours, but for me if they could replicate anything from my brain or body (short of spiking right into pineal gland and sucking the real me out of some higher dimension) I wouldn't do it or would do it as a lark. It would never be "me" even if I saw it in a million lives later. (of course, I would never do it anyways it might dilute or corrupt the bio-electric field I need to change phases)
>>
>>129828201
I dont believe in a soul or the concept of spiriituality. I have never had a single spitirual moment in my life
To me the mind is all there is. Nature is nothing more than a backdrop. It has no meaning at all. I love on the banks of the Tenn t
River near a national forest and have never been camping, fishing or even visited the river as it seems very dull
But best of luck , your worldview is just alien to me
>>
>>129828667
Strangely, I do understand yours a bit. I fancied myself a bit of a "technologist" for many years. I leaned hard science all my life (wanted to be a biologist or molecular biologist), even got heavy into tech in the early mid 2000's. I was actually on the Mac OS 10.0 beta test in point of fact. What is your further background? I bet I could guess your under 30? or at least without a significant long term female related relationship.
>>
>>129825028
I too got eagle during the First Rapists tenure so I wrote a letter to regan and got one signed by him
>>
>>129825028
the Kenyan signed mine
>>
JESUS.... feelz bad .... W Signed mine
>>
>>129829276
I'm not sure which it worse
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (105KB, 1000x447px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
105KB, 1000x447px
It didn't affect my politics back then, I didn't care much about politics at all until college when they were forced down my throat. But I would never involve my son in Scouting now after the tranny and gay acceptance shit.
>>
>>129825332
>I think it was a good escape for young white men wanting to do something other than smoking weed and parties.

Agreed. One of the last institutions made specifically for men that cultivates certain male-specific values that are somewhat neglected today in society. My scoutmasters were better father figures than my father.
>>
>>129829276
I'm very sorry for you, but did you at least get a flag raised at the white house? it still carries a shred of credibility to it.
>>
>>129829623
Just get re-involved and re-imagine the future. Some of that shit is okay as long as it doesn't replace survival and relevant skills. If a kid wants to dress like a girl but can pitch tent and build a fire from scratch in 30m and be ready to sleep outside under the stars I couldn't really care less about the rest of it. Harmony with nature breeds proper behaviour. Shit even the libs now admit that gender is TOTALLY fluid, so get a kid camping and actually enjoying nature and social roles; enjoying success against hard odds. Maybe it fixes a lot of people.
>>
>>129828667
http://www.usscouts.org/advance/CubScout/religious.asp

I promise if you research every group on this list... some group will touch a nerve and you'll be interested. I double dog dare you.
>>
>>129822688

Eagle in red state.

Once an eagle always an eagle > politics
>>
File: together.png (1MB, 908x1078px) Image search: [Google]
together.png
1MB, 908x1078px
>Islamic
>Jewish
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>129828667
I am 35 with a wife. Never experienced a single spiritual moment once. It simply isn't part of me.
>>
Eagle from MA. Basically, you either went to summer camp or you never made it past First Class. Once you started needing merit badges, all of the kids who couldn't go to summer camp(in my case, cachalot) never hit Eagle. In my troop however, if you made it to Star, you had a 2/3rds chance of making it to Eagle.

Basically, you go to summer camp 3 or 4 times for fun in middle school and then "Eagle Week" for all of the necessary badges in early high school. Then you get the SPL baton handed to you from the last eagle and you get eagle a year later.

It was pretty easy. No Jamborees unfortunately though.
>>
>>129825710
gonna have to try harder than that leaf.
>>
So, I have two sons, and live on a small rural town. One is about to start cub scouts; the older is about to be a Weblos.

Is boyscouts still worth doing?

I have been a cubscout den leader for a few years now with my older son, and I am disappointed with the quality of other boys.

I was a boyscout for just about 2 years in a pretty wealthy troop, and it was not at all what I expected or wanted. I wanted to be dropped off innawoods and kill shit and survive like lord of the flies.

But our troop was about fat kids playing Gameboy in their tents...while the troop brought flood lights to the campsites.

we went to a big summer camp last year with lots of boyscouts and I was shocked at all of the women and non-manly looking people everywhere. I don't remember there being anything about "venture" scouts when I was doing it.

is boy scouts still worth doing? or is it 100% cuck now?

I have a big problem with the pro-gay, pro-tranny shit that is coming from the national organization, but that will never hit my tiny community. But so much of the value of scouting comes from access to the big council or national camp facilities, and those DO pull in weirdos from elsewhere, right?

For those of you that eagled in the last few years, what's it like now? Are you going to have your kids do it?
>>
I made it to Star in the 80s, son could have made Eagle but just flat out decided he didnt want to go in to review his Life rank for the badge and quit. Very disappointed, but at least he got serious and became a welder. Now BSA is fucking kiked with fags and tranny shit forever.
>>
>>129838540
>Is boyscouts still worth doing?
No, not unless you join a troop in rural wherethefuckistan. It's basically another form of daycare. During most of my stint there were some tough old shits who in charge of the troop who actually made it worth a damn to participate. One was active army reserve armorer and the other was a vet. After they left it quickly devolved into a daycare where autistic middle schoolers played on their phones and their mommies and boomercuck daddies larped as executive board members. I was pretty disinterested by the time the fag shit utterly ruined the organization. At least the church that hosted the troop had the wherewithal to immediately kick them out.

My advice is to stay away, the mormons recently disavowed them so the bsa will likely go bankrupt anyway within a couple years.
>>
Eagle here, shit was gay, never liked it, dad made me get Eagle. It's full of pussies. I always complained that the camping was so soft. Dad kept telling me it wasnt about survival training. I asked what the point was.
>>
Didn't affect too much
>>
>>129843008
>the mormons recently disavowed
Only because they allowed fags and girls to JOIN.
>>
>>129843008
>>129844128
Mormons are weird motherfuckers and though I understand they support BSA a lot, fuck mormons.

Literal goofball cultists who passionately hate Trump for some reason although they claim to be conservative.

Their only saving grace is that they make an absolute fuckstorm of white children
>>
>>129822688
Troop *** Inland Empire Council

We had a based Scoutmaster.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.