[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump Loses Travel Ban Ruling in Appeals Court

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: CNN(159).jpg (158KB, 764x795px) Image search: [Google]
CNN(159).jpg
158KB, 764x795px
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/us/politics/trump-travel-ban-court-of-appeals.html

>WASHINGTON — A second federal appeals court has ruled against President Trump’s revised travel ban, delivering on Monday the latest in a string of defeats for the administration’s efforts to limit travel from several predominantly Muslim countries. The administration has already sought a Supreme Court review of a similar decision issued last month by the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, in Richmond, Va. Monday’s decision came from the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, in San Francisco.

>The two courts employed different reasoning to arrive at the same basic conclusion. The Fourth Circuit said the revised executive order violated the First Amendment’s prohibition of government establishment of religion. The Ninth Circuit, by contrast, rested its conclusions on statutory grounds. It said Mr. Trump had exceeded the authority Congress granted him in making national security judgments in the realm of immigration without adequate justification.

>“The order does not offer a sufficient justification to suspend the entry of more than 180 million people on the basis of nationality,”
>“National security is not a ‘talismanic incantation’ that, once invoked, can support any and all exercise of executive power.”

>The decision was unanimous. It was issued jointly by Judges Michael Daly Hawkins, Ronald M. Gould and Richard A. Paez. All three were appointed by President Bill Clinton. The ruling affirmed most of a March decision from Judge Derrick K. Watson, of the Federal District Court in Hawaii. But the appeals court narrowed the injunction issued by Judge Watson in a significant way. The appeals court said Judge Watson had erred in barring the administration from conducting internal reviews of its vetting procedures while the case moved forward.

Oh man, maybe Trump was right - we *are* doing a lot of winning!
>>
Has Trump achieved anything so far?

-No wall. Mexico told him to fuck off.
-No travel ban.
-No lock her up
-Didn't destroy ISIS in 30 days.
-No improvement in relationship with Russia.
>>
>>129730989
Every single one of these judges should be hanged for treason.
>>
File: 1479236926681.png (814KB, 604x717px) Image search: [Google]
1479236926681.png
814KB, 604x717px
take that racists! Tr*mp can't stop getting blown the h*ck out!
>>
>>129730989
I don't think the founding fathers ever expected activist judges. Nothing more dangerous than that.
>>
>>129732302
they fully expected corruption and even this extend of corruption which is why they said the house needs to be cleaned regularly
>>
>>129732302
Same problem in my country.
>>
>>129732302
I hope they get held responsible if any attacks can be traced back to their ridiculous activism rulings.
>>
>>129731309
https://trumptracker.github.io/
>>
>>129730989
Time to terminate these liberal hell hole courts. Kill em all
>>
>>129732302
>>129733285
>>129736118
>following the law is activism
top wew
>>
>>129730989

"It's legal as long as it isn't Trump doing it," will not hold up in any legitimate court. I'm sure it will be fine.
>>
File: TrumpBTFO.png (346KB, 816x842px) Image search: [Google]
TrumpBTFO.png
346KB, 816x842px
>>129730989

first that and now this!! White house tapes leaked.
>>
>>129731309
He bombed and killed thousands of people. That's something.
>>
>“National security is not a ‘talismanic incantation’ that, once invoked, can support any and all exercise of executive power.”

This is proof that Trump is making America great again. Conservatives should rejoice at the ruling. For years we've heard how the power of the executive branch has been growing and how Obama abused his authority. Trump went so far with it that he reminded the other branches of government about checks and balances so they would shut him down. I'm sure its all by design. He does have a good brain. Maybe even the best brain.

Congratulations on all the winning Mr. President.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.