[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /pol/ think?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 0630_PoliticalMismatch_ss.gif (419KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
0630_PoliticalMismatch_ss.gif
419KB, 1200x600px
Can a relationship between two people with different political ideologies/views work? Is it doomed to fail? Or can true love overcome such petty differences?
>>
>>129722620
It depends how heavily invested into politics each person is.
If one is going to Antifag rallies while the other is one of those cringe ass kekistani then no.
But if it's like "Yeah I voted for Trump I think he'll do good," vs "Ah, well I voted for Hillary but it's whatever," then yes.
>>
>>129722620
if the woman has devote political ideals it will generally fail as they use emotions more than reason
if the man has devote political ideal the woman will most likely adopt and defend the mans ideals
>>
>>129722965
Honestly, I don't think I could be around somebody who voted for Hillary and didn't have a gun to their head. I would have understood not liking Trump, or voting 3rd party/writing in, but to vote for somebody so vile and corrupt is not forgivable.
>>
>>129722965
>This
Op hit the nail on the head here.
It really depends on how Left or Right the partner swings. Political discussions will be a problem and expect manipulation in the relationship.
>>
File: Carville_Matalin.jpg (61KB, 516x311px) Image search: [Google]
Carville_Matalin.jpg
61KB, 516x311px
>>129722620

James Carville and Mary Matalin famously made it work.

But I have a feeling that they're both closet homosexuals who got married just to advance their careers.
>>
>>129722620
I was in a three year relationship with a little communist cunt, left her when she could not birth children.
>>
>>129722620
My gf and I have very opposite political views. She's basically a social-democrat, which seems to be the basic kit ideology for anyone with a vagina. I never hid my nationalistic views, politics was even the first thing we talked about when we met. I guess she liked the fact that I told my ideas as they are, without care for what she would think.
There were some political fights between then and now (especially during french presidential elections, I voted Le Pen, she voted Macron), but we are very close and loyal to each other.
I consistently win political arguments. She admitted I was right about several things and is starting to see the full picture. I thought it didn't influence her views, but she started reading some "right-wing" political stuff and defending me against some people from our social circle who criticized me for being "racist/fascist/nazi/etc".
In the end, she does seem to adopt my views as we learn to know each other. It's ok if she doesn't though, I would be bored with someone who thinks like me.
>>
>>129722620
Can two spooks form a relationship? I don't know. Sounds like an empty relationship.

Instead of bonding over politics, why not go to the park and have a nice picnic?
>>
>>129722620
>>129722965
This, more or less. It depends on whether or not they're willing to respect one another's differences in political opinion. If one of them sees the other's political views as disgusting, it's doomed, since you can't respect someone who disgusts you.

I come from a family that runs the gamut from blue-collar Trump supporters to Bernie fags to blue dog Democrat to corporate neo-con who all love to argue about politics, but would do anything for one another, and I'm a better person for it.

Also, I just woke up and am digging the new flags.
>>
>>129726206
This anon gets it.
>>
>>129722620
I think it can work out as long as the other partner is willing to discuss politics in a civil manner unlike the shitflinging the media portrays. As long as they respect eachother politically and they both understand why they voted for the other party then politics shouldn't complicate the relationship.
>>
>>129726206
(checks flag)

You're Islam and having an opinion is Haram

You and your family will be executed

/thread
>>
File: 1497282268634.jpg (50KB, 569x419px) Image search: [Google]
1497282268634.jpg
50KB, 569x419px
>>129722620

You are either for freedom or you are against it; this is why you can see the SJWs using fascistic tactics and some Republicans want to control everyone

If two people are pro freedom, they can find common ground
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.