[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

we need to do something about climate change boise

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

we need to do something about climate change boise
>>
>>129708451
It's not as easy as liberals want it to be. There is no magical switch to flip to achieve all of those things. Coal and gas are here to stay for quite some time. Disrupting that will directly harm corporations.
>>
File: 1496789108471.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496789108471.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>129708824
>harming corporations that are massively subsidised by me still despite them being highly lucrative

sounds good to me
>>
File: carbon tax economists.png (105KB, 942x703px) Image search: [Google]
carbon tax economists.png
105KB, 942x703px
>>129708451
Yes, carbon tax now
>>
>>129708451
>carbon tax
>better world
>>
>>129709501
>>129709378
>things that were never said but anons feel the need to claim OP said them
>>
>>129709501
>Attach a price to shitting ruining the environment
>People stop ruining the environment
Prax works out
>>
>>129708451
Start culling population, duh.

Too controversial for you? Then there is no solution and everyone will die
>>
>>129709645
>he thinks it's about the environment
lel
>>
>>129708451
Yeah? Go plant a tree, faggot.
I planted 78 this spring. How many did you?
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 225x225px
>>129708451
The best way to think about it is two tech trees
One tech tree is the stop climate change path. That spends more energy on efficiency and developing alternative energy sources.
The other tech tree is continue climate change. This tech tree focuses on creating Terraforming technology to fix our planet if and when we fuck it up.
Which technology would you rather we develop?
>>
>>129708451
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47bNzLj5E_Q
tl,dw; let's give up on all personal development and let the globalists and elites take all our money
>>

▲ ▲
>>
>>129709724
>crowder

>>129709773
Whether or not its about the environment it would certainly encourage renewable energy use

>>129710144
The engineering challenges posed by the second tech tree are far greater than that posed by the first though.

We already know of dozens of mechanisms by which we could produce energy without producing CO2 and these processes (as well as the efficiency of the appliances that utilise renewables) are advancing at an accelerating rate. The engineering/economic questions of how you distribute food to the areas where climate change will destroy food production lines, how you would increase ocean pH's without causing further harm to ocean ecosystems and how one would avert hurricanes are all far more complex questions as they involve far more complex systems. Not only would we have to have more than sufficient solutions to all these problems we'd have to ensure that fixes would be scale able or we'd have to be able innovate at an increasingly accelerating rate in these areas.
>>
>>129708451
it's not real

/thread
>>
>>129708451
Man I just know he's a leaf
>>
>>129709645
>Attach a price to being a developed nation
>People in dindu countries get gibs
>>
>>129708451
not really. go listen to Trump's address as to why he pulled out of the agreement, and is renegotiating a better agreement. It's pretty reasonable, but you won't hear that in the mainstream media, because they want to keep their jobs
>>
>>129711274
man, be open to the idea. don't dismiss stuff just because you don't understand it, that's ignorant
>>
>>129708451
I don't give a fuck about Idaho.
>>
>>129710278
Retarded shit, the paris agreement isn't meant to be the solution to global warming, its essentially just the step down the path of international cooperation in combating climate change. For this exact reason its measures were incredibly weak, pretty much entirely because of conservative parties worldwide who way too far down the ideological rabbit hole to accept basic climate science and economics

>>129711441
>Attach a price to being a developed nation
Developing nations produce CO2. I don't have the exact figure but I'm guessing they also do it at a ratio of CO2 emission/joules produced greater than most developed countries. Also industries which will be hit hard by the tax will tend to be those dominated by multinationals, most businesses localised to the US/North America would probably stand to gain in the cuts that would have to be made to the corporate tax.

>People in dindu countries get gibs
I mean its either that or face huge cuts in future productivity.
>>
>>129711522
I understand the law of conservation of mass. The same amount of carbon that has been or will ever be (excluding stuff falling from space) has been on this planet since time began. How the fuck can it be dangerous all the sudden? I'll tell you why, it's nothing more than a wealth redistribution model. Wealthy nation's pay a "carbon tax" the proceeds of which go to third world shitholes.
>>
>>129711102
Yes. There would be difficulties posed by the second tech tree, but it would also force the spending of resources on Terraforming. And developing the technology would open new possibilities in space.
>>
File: shitposter.jpg (163KB, 1000x684px) Image search: [Google]
shitposter.jpg
163KB, 1000x684px
>>129711991
>dindus
>productive

confirmed leaf thread
>>
>>129711999
it's not the element that's the issue. is your whole argument based on the semantics of it?
>>
>taxing goy citizenry to fork those shekels over to the same 1% who sent all the jobs to high-pollution, low-quality of life countries like China to begin with

really makes you think
>>
>>129708451

Not pictured: 100 trillion dollars spent over the course of the next few decades. Money which could be better spent elsewhere.
>>
File: shale-co2-reduction.jpg (51KB, 709x350px) Image search: [Google]
shale-co2-reduction.jpg
51KB, 709x350px
>>129708451
We are, go bother China and India retard.
>libs think the Paris accords is worth the paper it was written on
>libs can't handle the fact that FRACKING is the biggest driver of reducing CO2 emissions in the country
>>
File: lemmefixthatforyou.jpg (122KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
lemmefixthatforyou.jpg
122KB, 620x413px
>>
>>129708824
Not really, in 1st world countries fossil fuels are already being/have been overtaken by either renewable sources or nuclear power. China is working pretty hard towards the same goal, they currently have over 30 nuclear reactors under construction and are building massive solar farms left, right and center. I'm not sure why people seem to perpetuate this ancient meme about being unable to move on from fossil fuels. We already are.
>>
>>129712623
this.
>>
>>129711991
Is there a quick and reputable climate change proof video or some shit?

All I could find was greasey old politicians talking about new taxes.

R u a leaf?
>>
>>129712638
Thorium
>>
>>129708451
Yes, we need action now
Go green, stop industries and save Africa by accepting replacement migration
Together we can save the earth, gentil- i mean kuffar
>>
>>129712638
To give some numbers, in France nuclear power accounts for 72.3% of energy generation, renewable sources 17.8% and fossil fuels a mere 8.6%. They're a pretty extreme example, though, most countries haven't embraced nuclear power as hard as France. In other Western European countries you're looking at roughly 50% for fossil fuels. Still, it's a massive improvement compared to the turn of the century.

>>129712965
It's all about fusion power now, my dude. We finally have actual working prototypes so it's no longer just a pipe dream.
>>
File: GDP growth africa.jpg (33KB, 595x336px) Image search: [Google]
GDP growth africa.jpg
33KB, 595x336px
>>129712184
Sure terraforming technology is important but almost certainly a few steps forward in terms of the settlement of other planets.

Increases in efficiency of IT and mechanical systems not only has far wider application but is arguably far more important in the realm of space travel. We could unlock all the secrets of the earth sciences tomorrow and it'd mean shit for another few thousand years until we can get to mars on a budget and actually begin construction of a habitable environment.

>>129712239
1. I'm Australian
2. They are
3. That wasn't the productivity I was talking about.

The impacts of climate change are unambiguously negative for the world economy, not just Africa and the ME

>>129712861
>Is there a quick and reputable climate change proof video or some shit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ6Z04VJDco
Well sourced, but will only take you ankle deep into climate science. Check out his other stuff if you want to go further. If your looking for expert scientists this channel has some pretty good material and takes a slightly deeper look into the science
https://www.youtube.com/user/denial101x/videos

Skeptical science is also good but a lot of people may consider their material biased

Beyond that a lot of the research you have to do yourself, its pretty embarrassing how poorly the climate movement has communicated the evidence behind climate change especially with regards to the internet. Look up for any data pertaining to the subject and your guaranteed 10:1 'sceptic':scientist
>>
>>129714032
The reason I am saying the technology is better Sooner as opposed to later is because of how long Terraforming takes. Other systems have technology which can get rapidly adopted, while Terraforming is a long and slow process.
>>
File: lets go goys.jpg (118KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
lets go goys.jpg
118KB, 400x400px
>>129708451
>>
>>129708451

How about leaving this reality and joining your post-modernist friends via bullet.
>>
File: 1330818589688.gif (130KB, 344x472px) Image search: [Google]
1330818589688.gif
130KB, 344x472px
>>129712623
>lolberts complaining about globalism
>>
>>129715530

>doesn't recognize Gadsden flag
>anarchist tag

I can tell that you are unironically retarded.
>>
>>129708451
FAKE NEWS
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.