[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Climate Change

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 27

What is /pol/'s opinion on Climate Change?

On one hand, it just seems like a way for Governments to exert more control, and transfer more wealth to 3rd world shitholes and Solar Panel companies.

On the other hand, a warming climate could really cause some long term issues, and maybe even the extinction of man.

Well?
>>
>endangering humanities survival by refusing to give 3rd world countries and even China gibsmedats

Anyone who is stupid enough to take stock in images occupy democrats makes need to be executed.
>>
>>129703373

By "conservatives" you mean "tumblrtards larping as Nazis on a Malaysian underwater basket weaving forum."

Aside from Trump tweeting about it, all the outrage came from her fellow liberals at CNN, along with all the real-world consequences (losing her job, being excommunicated from the Church of Social Justice, etc.)
>>
File: 1483544336762.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1483544336762.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
>>129703858

I collect them and repost them when they apply to the Occupy Democrats themselves, for maximum impact.

Make them live by their own rules. This killed the Clinton Campaign.
>>
Do people really think pulling out of the paris accord endangers all of humanity? How delusional can you be
>>
>>129703373
Climate change is a real fucking issue. https://climate.nasa.gov/
>>
>>129706454
I read about climate scientists developing ptsd and depression like symptoms
>>
>>129703373

It was a fucking scam to chain the US taxpayer to the rest of the world. They would collect billions, build one or two meme solar panels, and continue producing all the carbon emissions they could.
>>
>>129706454

Fortunately I only have to demand that you live up to the rules created by your leaders to make you give up within days.

Meanwhile I continue to enjoy dry clothes and cars that I can repair with my own two hands.
>>
>>129703373

<humanity's survival

OP, please, be silent. WTF do you know about humanity's survival.

Before climate takes us, lack of water/food/pandemic will.

Before the sun cooks your tiny brain, sandniggers will have conquered Europe and raped all your daughters.

now, go sit in that corner facing the wall and rock back n fwd like the autistic moron you are.
>>
>>129703373
>comparing beheading the POTUS to "muh climate change"
>>
File: occupy democrats (2).jpg (175KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
occupy democrats (2).jpg
175KB, 640x640px
>>129703373
kill yourself shill rat
>>
>occupy Wall Street because they're greedy and corrupt
>occupy democrats because they're greedy and corrupt
>>
File: thames.jpg (264KB, 1200x1253px) Image search: [Google]
thames.jpg
264KB, 1200x1253px
http://beta.dmi.dk/en/groenland/maalinger/greenland-ice-sheet-surface-mass-budget/

Climate is changing, tropical rain belt is shifting.

https://phys.org/news/2017-04-ice-age-displaced-tropical-belt.html

But we are getting hotter, about to go into global cooling, look what the sun is doing, same thing as the maunder minimum.

Winter is coming.
>>
Why dont we do it, but with out the treaty? why dont the other countries continue on with the treaty with out the US? Why is the treaty so magical?

Trump was smart to pull out of the treaty anyway. It was only going to reduce warming by less than a degree.
>>
>>129707226
Reduce warming by 0.5 C which is a huge fucking deal you utter moron
>>
The climate debate started when Zionists realised that if they cant controll the climate Israel will soon be under water becouse of earths natural climate cycles.
>>
Climate change is more real than you cucks know

Trump is a greedy capitalist jew fuck who only cares about money and not about his own people. Kinda sad that he was still the best choice in the 2016 elections
>>
>>129707684

Why was earth warmer in the past then it is now?

Explain this and i will listen to you rambeling.
>>
>>129707948
Pretend like you're in high school again writing a report on climate change. Do the research, learn the facts, all from credible sources (I'll even let you use wikipedia on this) Learn what it will do to our energy supply, our food and agriculture, population, droughts, pandemic, pests. I suggest you start here: https://climate.nasa.gov
>>
File: clouds.png (478KB, 802x448px) Image search: [Google]
clouds.png
478KB, 802x448px
>>129707948

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANMTPF1blpQ

All will be revealed.
>>
>>129703373

One thing's for certain, the third world population is rising and industrialising. The demand for air conditioning and other energy intensive activities will skyrocket.

If we are to be serious about slashing CO2 output, we have to cull humans.

Obviously, we would have to start with the area that's most likely to have the biggest C02 growth rate, and coincidentally contributes least to the rest of the planet.

My solution: nuke Africa.
>>
>>129707315
Assuming all the projections are accurate, the models are using correct assumptions, and everyone follows through with the deal.

Climate change projectors have literally never been correct.
Models have always used poor assumptions.
Countries will fuck it up

All the paris accord would do is fuck over the people living in those countries. China is a huge contributor to emissions and they only agreed to "reach peak emission by 2030"- what the fuck kind of deal is that? Anything can happen in the next 12 years.

Rather than taxing regular people to possibly fix a problem that is not caused by regular people, the governments of these countries should be pooling money together to invest in new technologies that can actually solve the problem.
>>
File: Arctic_models_obs.gif (14KB, 500x247px) Image search: [Google]
Arctic_models_obs.gif
14KB, 500x247px
>>129706454
there are some observations that are cause for cautious optimism. For example, in the last few years you might have heard about a "cold blob" in the eastern sub-polar North Atlantic, that was interpreted as an early sign of AMOC shutdown. If this were correct, it would be several decades ahead of model projections. However, there are signs in in both the sea density and temperature anomalies of that region that show a reversal to some extent, which suggests that that cold blob was more associated with a negatively phased NAO rather than a change in overturning circulation.

But there are other segments that over time turned out to be much worse than even the worst-case scenarios. Arctic sea ice is declining in volume and extent extremely rapidly and we will likely have a ice-free Arctic ocean sometime in the mid 2020s. That would be an unprecedented event for all of human civilization and what that would mean for weather patterns in the Northern Hemisphere is anyone's guess. Similarly, the mass loss that is observed in Greenland is catching up to the mass loss of the worlds GIC very rapidly (with 217 Gt/year), something that wasn't expected to happen until the middle of the 21st century.
>>
Paris accords are fucking useless no matter your opinion on the science. Non binding trash.
>>
>>129707684
Hail, brother. Kanye for POTUS. Better to wear the helmet of the red army than eat hamburgers in Brooklyn.
>>
File: green.png (81KB, 818x329px) Image search: [Google]
green.png
81KB, 818x329px
>>129708717

http://beta.dmi.dk/en/groenland/maalinger/greenland-ice-sheet-surface-mass-budget/
>>
>>129703373

the question at hand isn't climate change in general, it's the Paris deal

if you want a redpill on what a shit deal it was, read this:

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-cass-paris-climate-logic-20170602-story.html

it really was a shit deal. In fact, it was so shit I remember leftie activist groups protesting us in Paris for pretending to solve it and celebrating it like we'd really achieved something

I'll never respect these lefty environmental activists again, they really are dumb as bricks. Being seen as opposing trump is more important to them than the cause their organization is supposed to be for

T. EU climate negotiator
>>
>>129709043
1 year doesn't make a trend
>>
>>129703373
If anyone's really serious about climate change, we'll be talking about dropping boots on the world's forests and industrial concentrations.
Signing and wasting billions of dollars to a non-binding treaty won't be anything more than virtue signalling.

If the effects of climate change is really world-threatening as they say, let them save the world with their own funds.
>>
>>129709191

Its since 1981, all years are included in the grey belt.
>>
>>129709191
Neither do 10. Try some millions.
>>
>>129708306

Theese facts you are talking about. Who created them.

There are also studies that "prooves" that everyone is bisexual. Im not.

There are also proofs that say everyone is from africa. This was debunked a month ago.

I could make the "scientists say list" a mile long. But i will stop here.

Climate cycles are real. The dinosaurs pooped more gasses combined then the industries does.

>muh powerplants are bad

No. Nucelar fission are found in nature to.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_nuclear_fission_reactor

Volcanos are also a good example. They have always been a part of earth and they where alot more of the in the past
>>
>>129709340
I know that but you were drawing attention to the fact that the 2016-2017 line was on the upper end of that 1981-2010 mean, were you not?
>>
>>
>>129709191

but youre right, this is the year that all changes. Look at solar sun spots, in 2021-2024, lowest sunspots sinse maunder minimum, sun and earth magnetic fields are getting weak as fuck, auroras are getting new colours (white/blue), heaps of new particles and UVs hitting the earth, stay out of the sun, hits about to hit the fan.
>>
>>129709573
fucking love this picture
>>
>>129709240
This. If it's such an issue then it's good those fuckers live on this rock too.
>>
>>129709440
what would the ice extent millions of years ago tell us about what is happening in the Arctic right now?
>>
>>129703373
It's vastly overhyped for leftie reasons to have a goal.

It's obvious however that endless industriousness is bad for the environment, even be it only local.
Take a look at Chinese cities and tell me you think that shit's good for nature.

I'm fine with some restrictions on pollutions but my motivation wouldn't be the liberal conception of climate change.
If they're right, it'd be dealt with anyways.
>>
>refusing to give shekels to globalist kike con-men and China/India who aren't actually bound to reduce their pollution ANY (in fact they can still continue to ramp it up) is now endangering humanity

oi vey it's anudda shoah
drumpf is LITERALLY hitler
Corporations NEED their pollution-producing slave factories in China because americans are 2dumb 2do those jerbs!
>>
>>129703373
It's a fucking scam and it sucks that only right wing americans question it. Pretty much every other group of people buys into it.
>>
>>129706622
we had some solar panel battery start up in my region, they went bankrupt using the tax payers dime.
>>
>>129703373
Climate change is inevitable and regardless of its cause it is an absurd suggestion that mankind can freeze the climate in it's current state.
Protection of the environment and nature are fundamental responsibilities of mankind and are in no way up for debate when we discuss climate change.
>>
>>129709043
I should have taken a closer look earlier but I just realized that your graph is actually about accumulated mass. It's actually precisely predicted (as well as observed) that accumulation will increase with time, for the simple reason that warmer air can hold more water vapor. So this is perfectly consistent with expectation
>>
>cause human extinction
Fucking good. I don't have kids. I have zero sense of community or country to belong to now. Liberals ruined society to the point where i have no skin in the game. So fuck it. Humanity can go extinct for all i care.
>>
>>129703373
>ENDANGERING HUMANITY'S SURVIVAL

Even the most extreme predictions of what might global warming might do show the sea level rising one inch in a hundred years.
>>
>>129703373
If these pretty boys were really interested in fucking doing something about pollution, they would cull the third word. Relax motherfuckers: More pressing issues are at hand.
>>
>>129703373
I no longer care about the future of the human race.
Also, taxing the middle class to mitigate it is straight up thievery.
>>
Paris treaty is literally useless and pathetic and one sided towards USA. Also, I bet most of the people who complain about it don't even know the summary of it. Democrats play this slight of hand all the time, where they would name a crappy policy with an overly positive name and when republicans oppose that, they just say "So you are against affordable care act?". In reality, affordable care act was a disaster and needed to be replaced. Most idiots don't read deep into these policies and take it for their title value. Obama did this too with " Paris climate change treaty"
>>
>>129710741

but in order to have accumulation you have to have sub zero temps, more or less. Ice is ice.

p.s, check this out. good read.

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep15689
>>
>>129703373

Look into Steve Goddard's work. tl;dr it's bullshit.
>>
>>129709076
>never respect these lefty environmental activists again

Remember, anon. This is the party/ideology of Meyrem Almaci, who starts to yap about smog in Beijing when asked about the Paris agreement's effect on CO2. Of Kristof Calvo who begins mewling about our nuclear powerplants and acid rain in South America when asked the same question.
Of people who did not think to question glyphosate for 30 years, until the patent expired in 2000, when it miraculously became a problem, doubling their efforts when Monsanto had a new patent ready to go.

These stooges should never have been respected.
>>
>>129711701
Here's kike Shapiro's to-the- point analysis of the agreement.
>>
STOP MAKING IT A POLITICAL ISSUE YOU FUCKING DUMB LARDASSES
>>
File: 1471548205292.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471548205292.gif
800KB, 500x500px
>>129705815
>>
>>129703373
>strawmans
>generalisations

pretty good propaganda desu
>>
Everytime a new occupy image comes out I have to try harder and harder not to murder everyone.
>>
>the climate change is real!

t. African intellectuals
>>
>>129703373
I believe in Climate change... but government should not restrict or penalize free market for that... we must find alternative solutions to protect the environment...
>>
>>129703373
People thinking they can control weather, or especially regional climate, is sheer arrogance.
>>
>>129712435
What else should it be, bitchtits?
>>
>>129713739
Stop typing like a fag.
>>
>>129715072
why?
>>
>>129709573
Racists will never tell you this because it isn't true.
>>
>>129715558
STFU Faggot!
>>
>>129703373
It is exactly a way for the UN to transfer wealth from the Western World to the dictatorship run shithole world. It's also a way for a small handful of globalists like Al Gore to get super rich by running carbon credit/offset exchanges.

The guy who invented the idea of "global warming" with his original paper on the subject retracted it after Al Gore went wild with it cautioning that the data did not show mankind was responsible for the increase in temperatures after he studied 10 years worth of sat weather data.

All the warning signs are there:
- alarmist nutjobs
- a demand for money to be paid to somebody else
- a corrupt exchange setup that benefits a few
- nobody can agree on the data
- pro climate change outfits sponsor said data
>>
>not giving jamal in uganda a solar panel endangers humanity
ok
>>
>>129703373
The fact that everyone treats it as solid indisputable fact is, quite frankly, an insult to science.
>>
It's bullshit created by people who want to control every aspect of our lives.
>>
File: MWP ensemble.png (46KB, 275x203px) Image search: [Google]
MWP ensemble.png
46KB, 275x203px
>>129716334
That picture is an insult to science

>Because current temperatures aren't literally higher than they've ever been in the history of earth it can't be humans

Even though its completely incorrect even suggesting that is the pinnacle of correlation without causation.

A causal link just needs to be established with CO2 and temperature and then with humans and CO2 and then you have an established causal link between humans and temperature
>>
>>129703373
>prefers rapid cooling to warming
Fuck off op. Sage
>>
>>129715843
Cuz it will change regardless. Dinosaurs didn't die because they drove around in SUVs. The ice age didn't happen because mammoths burned too much fossil fuels in their factories. 50 years after the last person on earth dies, there will hardly be a trace of our impact on the environment at all. And a few hundred years, other than dilapidated buildings and garbage, hardly any trace of us at all
>>
>>129703373
>pulling out of the Paris Accord is bad
>ignores the fact that individual states and corporations who would actually follow the Accord are still doing so voluntarily without a federal mandate or wasting billions of taxpayer dollars.
>>
>>129703373
>What is /pol/'s opinion on Climate Change?

Really looking forward to it. End this horrible ice age already and give us an enormous forest all over Antarctica to hug.
>>
https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/
https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
>>
>>129708306
At least try to answer the fucking question nigger. Dont tell him to go read about biased sources who are only in existence and make $$$ off of the climate change theory.
>>
>>129717738
First all, I don't think you're correct about the time a human impact will last. Something like 20% of the CO2 we emit will remain in the atmosphere for 400.000 years or so. Human civilization will probably be preserved in a very sharp horizon in the geologic record, which shows increased species extinction, genera turnover, massive erosion and every imaginable signature (oxygen isotopes, carbon isotopes, radiogenic nuclides, metal content,...) going absolutely crazy. The thing that will be preserved the longest will probably be deep boreholes, which will persist for billions of years, though tectonically deformed.

But the second thing is much more important. Nothing in what you wrote would lead one to the conclusion that it's arrogant to think that industrial civilization can't has a discernible impact on the climate.
>>
It'd be retarded to deny it. There's on overwhelming amount of evidence supporting global warming but whenever you provide the sources, /pol/ claims it's not credible
What they think is credible are retarded statements from a few rogue scientists backed by fossil oil companies
>>
>>129709839
>>Hurr fuck trends over millions of years I live in a bubble durrr ooga booga
>>
File: 1374471721649.jpg (55KB, 387x505px) Image search: [Google]
1374471721649.jpg
55KB, 387x505px
>>129703373
if the big gov and msm says it, then I don't believe it
>>
>>129709573
So, you're saying 50% of white people are smarter than the smartest black people? That's pretty "R A C I S T."
>>
>>129718766
look I'm not saying that looking in the past isn't important. After all, much of what we know about the behavior of ice sheets comes from looking at the paleoclimate record. I'm just wondering how you think our understanding of Greenland in the present is fundamentally changed by looking at Greenland millions of years ago? How is the observation that Greenland is undergoing rapid ice loss by increased meltwater runoff (due to increased atmospheric and marine temperature) changed by that?
>>
>>129717217
>A causal link just needs to be established
So it hasnt been established? So it isnt a fact yet?
>>
>>129703373
It's real, too bad people can't handle unfortunate facts. At any rate as action will be taken when it's way too late.
>>
>>129703373

The Paris accords wouldn't have done much in the long run and is yet another European agreement to have rich countries throw money at third world problems.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (27KB, 429x464px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
27KB, 429x464px
>>129703373
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_RuverrEZ4
>>
>>129719515
>wondering how you think our understanding of Greenland in the present is fundamentally changed by looking at Greenland millions of years ago?
Because this could be the normal cycle of that specific landmass
>>
>>129703373
It's mid-June and I had to wear a sweater yesterday. Now, granted, I'm hypothyroid and feel colder faster, but come on.

Not that the last summers were any good either.
>>
>>129718860
Good goy, don't believe scientists. Only trust your friendly Arab oil manufacturers
>>
File: 1496113853108.png (202KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1496113853108.png
202KB, 500x738px
>>129703373
>pulls out of climate agreement where india and china had agreed not to cut their carbon emissions for a decade
>meanwhile US is forced to pay them both money every year, even for the first decade where they aren't cutting emissions
>even though india and china are both countries that have a chance to surpass us economically
yeah, no. every time i have an argument about this with a liberal i ask, "how does china and india not cutting emissions for a decade help the environment?" and they always have no answer
>>
File: long term climate.jpg (29KB, 450x386px) Image search: [Google]
long term climate.jpg
29KB, 450x386px
>>129719765
No it has been established I was just outlining the criteria
>>
>>129720085
>scientists

listen the Experts, goy
>>
File: Temps.gif (19KB, 880x422px) Image search: [Google]
Temps.gif
19KB, 880x422px
>>129710741
What does dis show? I wonder
>>
Climate has always changed, Co2 levels used to be 700% higher in the distant past- yet it didn't lead to runaway warming, co2 is not a problem. Not one nickel of carbon tax will be spent planting trees or hemp which would absorb co2 (the supposed problem)
Carbon is the most common element in the universe, we are carbon-based life forms. A carbon tax is just a huge $ grab, it won't stop the slow death of mother earth. Try taxing plutonium and mercury for starters, that might help.
>>
File: baka.jpg (11KB, 226x250px) Image search: [Google]
baka.jpg
11KB, 226x250px
> people who decide not to believe in global warming
> people who decide to be outraged by Kathy Griffen
All I can really say to you idiots, is that life is shorter than you think.
>>
>>129703373
Climate change is a scam, period. It doesn't exist.
>>
File: Solar luminosity over time.jpg (48KB, 700x426px) Image search: [Google]
Solar luminosity over time.jpg
48KB, 700x426px
>>129720347
Solar luminosity changes over time
>>
>>129720510
so is your political affiliation
>>
>>129703373
Happens 4 times a year.
>>
>>129703373
climate change is real, but unfortunately 0.00000% of it can be traced to human activity. So there's nothing we can do to change it. Fuck off.
>>
>>129720046
not only would a cycle detectable in the geologic record millions of years ago likely have a period that doesn't allow for 217 Gt mass loss every year, any plausible inherent cycle of ice sheets (which usually have to do with deformation of the crust) wouldn't be consistent with observations in the present, since the current melt is evidently linked to a temperature forcing (since melt is occurring over the entire surface and at the calving fronts of glaciers)
>>
File: B2oZWrN.jpg (760KB, 3661x2441px) Image search: [Google]
B2oZWrN.jpg
760KB, 3661x2441px
>>129703373
I consider myself an environmentalist. Not just in regards to climate change but also small scale, local environments. Governments should fund national parks, they should ensure natural resources (such as water and forests) are not destroyed, they should enforce restrictions on polluting businesses.

Im as /pol/ as the next guy but I cant see why so many on here get all retarded over this shit.Especially when a lot of them like the outdoors and rural living.
>>
>>129703373
There would be less climate change if all one post trolls necked themselves
>>
>>129703373
We can't stop climate change. We are mad scientists with weather control machines. If climate change is anthropogenic, the only way to meet the Paris Agreement goals is to reduce our standard of living, globally, to that of North Korea. We would have to surrender nearly every piece of technological progress that we have made and become an agrarian light industrial economy. I don't believe it is possible to turn back the clock... The genie is out of the bottle and no one is willing to go back.

The Paris Agreement goals are also in line with the low average estimation of what temperature gains will be made by 2100 anyway... Estimates range from 2 to 5° increase. The UNEP itself believes that if the agreement were to be followed as is, you would get anywhere between a 2.6 to 3.1° increase.

Effectively, doing "something" is exactly the same as doing nothing... But doing "something" would take resources away from the nation's capable of researching technology that can be used to combat climate change and giving it to those that cannot.

Paris is a really dumb fucking idea. The climate will change whether we follow it or not and unless we basically create a civilization that cannot sustain our current population, and create an apocalypse, we simply cannot stop it.
>>
>>129706345
They don't know what it is. When people were going crazy about it, I decided to read about it... When I knew how shitty it was, it was easy to convince even the most diehard environmental shit posters on Facebook because it really is that bad. Just an awful agreement. Takes food out of our kids mouths for nothing.
>>
>>129703373
BUT MUH CLUMATE CHANG3!!!
>>
>>129722726
Those things are very important, but have nothing to do with global climate change.
>>
>>129707226
I also get the feeling that Justin Trudeau intended to quietly ignore the agreement and continue on as normal... As evidenced by his backing away from Merkel's anti-Trump climate squad.
>>
>>129707684
See /pol/, national socialism really is retarded.
>>
>We need to stop climate change
>China has been producing one third of the world's CO2 emissions
>The US needs to do something
Trump is occupied with destroying ISIS so he is going to neglect climate change just as Reagan neglected the AIDS epidemic while he was occupied with destroying communism.
>>
File: global_warming.webm (2MB, 682x403px) Image search: [Google]
global_warming.webm
2MB, 682x403px
>>129703373
Whether or not you agree with the scientific findings on global warming, I think everyone on /pol/ agrees its in our best interests in the long term to start transitioning away from coal and oil.

As someone who agrees with the general conclusion of researchers (not every detail, but the broader idea that global mean temperatures are increasing and that human activity is at least partly responsible) I vehemently opposed the Paris Agreement.

I want us to make real, genuine, meaningful changes. I want us to overhaul our use of solar and wind power, I want us to upgrade existing hydroelectric dams, I want us to double, triple our uranium fission capacity. The Paris Agreement did absolutely jack fucking shit to facilitate or incentivize that. The entire treaty was nothing more than a great, big, bloated, bureaucratic feel-good campaign where the US and other first world nations send hundreds of billions of dollars to developing nations so they can 'think about' making changes, while major polluters like China and India can get away with meaningless, empty promises.

There are no strict goals or guidelines in the agreement, every country got to submit its own list of goals.
There is no incentive for countries to achieve any of their goals other than the implied environmental impact.
There is no penalty or consequence for countries failing to achieve their goals.
The only thing the agreement does is put the US on the hook for more than $100 billion for UN Green Climate Fund which siphons that money directly towards migration programs and third world aide.

I believe global warming is a serious issue, and I'm grateful that our President has the sense to get us out of a bullshit agreement that does absolutely fuck-all to help us deal with that issue.
>>
>>129711047
Mexico is looking a bit full, if you ask me...
>>
Stand up and be counted, go with the Ku Klux Klan.

If you hate niggers, jews, spics, arabs, faggots, commie scum as much as we do and you want to raid some tranny server once in a while, you should join the official Moon Central Discord! White people only. Introduce yourself in #introductions to get unkiked!

Link to join: https://discordapp.com/invite/rDSBTgq

1, 2, 3, 4 I declare a race war!
Join us and lynch a nigger tonight!

14/88,
The Triple K Mafia

P.S Fuck Niggers
>>
File: DeathsperTWh.png (13KB, 545x179px) Image search: [Google]
DeathsperTWh.png
13KB, 545x179px
If people around the world wouldn't be so fucking scared of nuclear power like it's the 1980s Climate Change wouldn't even be an issue. Nuclear fuel should last long enough for us to create a profitable fusion reactor.
>>
Climate change is natural, humanity has experienced higher levels of climate change before. I'm sure going out of a fucking Paris agreement isn't going to risk wiping out humanity, especially since fuck all has changed since the agreement.
>>
humanity is dildos. earth will shrug us off like a cold
>>
File: 1496418366523.jpg (71KB, 1280x708px) Image search: [Google]
1496418366523.jpg
71KB, 1280x708px
>>129726548
>>
>>129703373
>MUH ENDANGERED HUMANITY

When will leftards ever shut the fuck up?
>>
>>129703373

It's real. The extent man caused it is debatable. The extent man can fix it is debatable. Don't think anything short of a Sci-Fi tier Weather Manipulation scheme or Volcanic Eruption could reverse it, though.

Putting up more solar panels and recycling some more isn't going to do shit to reverse Climate Change. China, India, the US and the Third World aren't going to go Carbon Neutral in a fast enough time to matter.

I for one welcome either the Drowned World or Ice-Age tier future.
>>
>>129719887
It's already too late. The best time to have started was the 1990s. The west should have kept it's industries and subjected them to regulations while placing a full embargo on the developing world while cutting off all aid. Now we have a run away effect and the third world is capable of sustaining it's industrial revolution.
>>
>>129720085
C'mon goy, the cartels manufacturing green technology have already poured through the data and the science is settled!
>>
>>129706454
NASA bahahahahahahaha..
Laughed so much I drooled all over my pet groid
>>
>>129725773
As long as we use steel, we will have coal. As long as we use plastic, we will use oil. These two things are what we use to manufacture goods for use in our economy. If you move away from oil to make plastic, you will need more coal to make metal and the reverse is also true. If you abandon both, you will just consume another resource in appalling amounts.

The problem is the idea of constant growth. We have too many people to maintain a sustainable society we need to cut the chaff.
>>
>>129728671
>As long as we use steel, we will have coal. As long as we use plastic, we will use oil.
Yes, but if we eventually phase out coal power and gas cars we can use significantly less of both.
>>
>>129725773

>Whether or not you agree with the scientific findings on global warming, I think everyone on /pol/ agrees its in our best interests in the long term to start transitioning away from coal and oil.

You seem like a reasonably smart person are you aware of how a market picks it's energy sources? And have you ever heard the phrase: "there's no such thing as a free lunch?".

>I want us to make real, genuine, meaningful changes. I want us to overhaul our use of solar and wind power, I want us to upgrade existing hydroelectric dams, I want us to double, triple our uranium fission capacity. The Paris Agreement did absolutely jack fucking shit to facilitate or incentivize that. The entire treaty was nothing more than a great, big, bloated, bureaucratic feel-good campaign where the US and other first world nations send hundreds of billions of dollars to developing nations so they can 'think about' making changes, while major polluters like China and India can get away with meaningless, empty promises.

All of these things require both oil and coal... Do you realize that? Not to mention are you aware of how they get uranium out of the ground?

So you say you want to stop the use of oil, and coal - then go to recommend ideas that are fundamentally tied to the use of those resources, and then even worse things like dams which have proven to devastate the natural environment.

>I believe global warming is a serious issue, and I'm grateful that our President has the sense to get us out of a bullshit agreement that does absolutely fuck-all to help us deal with that issue.

Global warming is not an issue it's an emotional bludgeon to seperate you from your money - are you aware of the size of carbon/derivatives markets, and not only that but their ability to control industry through barriers to entry. And then on top of that how countries like China, and India use it to both have use pay for their technology and to stop us from producing said products at home.
>>
>>129726741
why is hydro so high?
>>
>>129705815
el oh el
>>
>>129707315
Wrong, it was 0.2 F by the end of the century if everyone participated
>>
>>129729626
Dams breaking down/overflowing
>>
>>129729019
>And have you ever heard the phrase: "there's no such thing as a free lunch?".
Of course - there's always a cost whether its economic, politic, or even thermodynamic. But the price of continuing our overdependence on coal and especially on middle-eastern oil is not worth the benefits we get from it. Yes, it will be costly to transition away from fossil fuels, but it will be beneficial in the long run.
>All of these things require both oil and coal... Do you realize that?
Yes, but generally speaking a nuclear power plant requires significantly less coal in its manufacture, maintenance, and operation than, say, a coal power plant. If the goal is to maximize energy production while minimizing environmental, political, and economic cost than nuclear fission is our best, currently available option for doing that.

>>129729626
Keep in mind that it's per TWh. Coal leads to thousands of mining deaths per year in places like China, but it also the most prevalent source of power generation. Hydro doesn't cause as many deaths, but it also produces much less power, so the ratio is higher.
>>
>>129703373
Also, why does /pol/ deny the Easter Bunny?
>>
File: 102Cmip5ModelsFail.jpg (100KB, 450x306px) Image search: [Google]
102Cmip5ModelsFail.jpg
100KB, 450x306px
>>129725773
>Whether or not you agree with the scientific findings on global warming
You mean the scientific findings showing that it's total bullshit? Yes, I agree with those scientific findings.
>>
>>129727145
>humanity is dildos. earth will shrug us off like a cold
Go ahead and kill yourself. Give earth a head start.
>>
>>129731039

>Of course - there's always a cost whether its economic, politic, or even thermodynamic. But the price of continuing our overdependence on coal and especially on middle-eastern oil is not worth the benefits we get from it. Yes, it will be costly to transition away from fossil fuels, but it will be beneficial in the long run.

Beneficial in what way specifically? You're going to use more energy by converting oil to less efficient processes. The return on oil energy vs any other source is laughable. When I said had you heard the phrase "there is no such thing as a free lunch" the point is there is no free path in life -everything has it's cost. We cannot make a more efficient source of energy without and underlying source. In the same way oil, and coal compliment each other.

I would say a more realistic approach would be to increase the amount of plants on earth. We cannot control the market. Would you stop driving and using electricity today to suit your philosophical underpinnings to prove your adherence? Probably not, and neither will anyone else? Why - because of the availability and price.

>Yes, but generally speaking a nuclear power plant requires significantly less coal in its manufacture, maintenance, and operation than, say, a coal power plant. If the goal is to maximize energy production while minimizing environmental, political, and economic cost than nuclear fission is our best, currently available option for doing that.

My point was that you cannot have a world like fallout where you have nuclear power, nuclear cars, and everything else - everything has it's place, and it's limits. Personally I would rather live in a world with air pollution rather than another fukushima, or three mile island, or chernobyl. People talk about oil slicks, but you cannot cleanup nuclear fallout. Not to mention they still haven't solved the storage problem for used material.
>>
>>129731039
>Yes, it will be costly to transition away from fossil fuels, but it will be beneficial in the long run.
Transitioning to WHAT, faggot. Wind and solar are total jokes. Only complete retards think those are viable options. You libfags keep pretending there is some secret conspiracy to cover up the unlimited clean power of unicorn cum or something like that. You are fucking delusional. It's fossil fuels or nuclear, faggot. THAT'S IT! You fellow libtards are scared of nuclear because they aren't intelligence enough to understand physics. That same scientific illiteracy makes them think global warming is a real thing.
>>
>>129703373
Make a treaty thay actually benefits the developed nations and actually helps fight climate change.
>>
CLIMATE SCIENTOLOGY IS THE STATE RELIGION OF THE EU

WE REJECT YOUR FALSE RELIGOUS CULT

so yeah fuck off
>>
>>129732320
I did say nuclear you cockgobbling faggot, maybe read a fucking post all the way through before you reply.

Wind, solar, hydro, geo, etc can help, but uranium fission is the only viable, long-term replacement for fossils available to us right now. If researchers can develop a working LFT reactor design or a working sustainable fusion device, that opens up more options, but right now it's uranium supplemented by other alternatives.
>>
>>129732320
that's not the Mann Hockeystick
>>
>>129709573
literally 10% chance a nigger is smarter than you
>>
>>129709916

Chinese cities are a fucking mess, as is the rest of China.

China is short termism: the country. one of the many reasons they are not to be feared
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.