[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teachers suck

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: guitar time.png (577KB, 536x539px) Image search: [Google]
guitar time.png
577KB, 536x539px
I've been reflecting on my time in school and I've come to the conclusion that teachers are causing large amounts of damage to the growing minds of America. From elementary school to high school I was repeatedly told that by overperforming in my school work, I would become a specialized and highly paid worker and would be set for life. Many soft words and phrases were used, such as
>a college education is important and will open many doors for you
>we need more x in today's society
>you should perform better in x because that's what will be expected of you when you start working
Now I'm not stupid and I fervently believed that there were some people in my classes that wouldn't make it, but that doesn't change the fact that these niggers are constantly feeding this shit to everyone they can as if it's normal and expected out of everyone. My problem with this pampering is that the expectations these teachers and figures of power (in a child's eyes) are spouting are complete and utter nonsense and no one gives a single fuck about it. While I recognize that there is a growing number of requirements for jobs, such as college education becoming more and more sought after, and that inflation exists and even that previous generations gave away what made our society so strong and independent, it angers me that these shit heads are perpetuating these pipe dreams and forcing them into impressionable young lads. What can realistically be done about it?
>>
>>129660857
Schooling really does not teach pragmatic, critical thinking.
>>
File: want_to_defend_israel.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
want_to_defend_israel.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
slide thead

>>129655655
>>129655655
>>129655655
>>129655655
get in
>>
>>129661073
>stop posting here and give my shitty thread replies :((
Fuck off
>>
>>129660857
That's not to say there aren't good teacher
But I should point out that most of the teachers I considered good were males

Now the question is, are there more female teachers or are there more male teachers?
>>
>>129661051
It should though. There are so many wasted resources in our schools and as I age I find it more ridiculous that certain things are taught over what you and I would consider critical thinking, or even common sense. When I left high school, I never learned about how to fill out a tax form, or how to take out a loan. Instead I was taught about the literary works and thoughts from some faggot who lived in the woods.
>>
>>129662104
There are no doubt good teachers out there, but even I had "good teachers" and the idea that college isn't for everyone seemed to be taboo even among those people.

>Now the question is, are there more female teachers or are there more male teachers?
>In 2011–12, some 76 percent of public school teachers were female, 44 percent were under age 40, and 56 percent had a master's or higher degree
https://archive.fo/vgJ14
>>
>>129660857
I never learned how to be an engineer in school and when I learned how to be an engineer working for an oil company, that company went bankrupt. I've never been able to find another job in engineering because they are looking for "fresh grads", so my "high skill" degree was effectively useless in the end anyways. To add further insult to injury, America doesn't need engineers when the factories go to China, this fact is obvious to anyone in the real-world engineering system but somehow escaped academia. You have an entire generation growing up around meme-tier stem degrees that are effectively worthless.
>>
>>129664348
Yeah. I got my degree in chemistry and it's been one downhill ride from the second I graduated. Oversaturation is killing America but 30 years ago that wasn't a problem and yet these teachers, among other authority figures, are still pushing future generations down these paths with dead ends.
>>
Academia has gone insane. Schools no longer teach anything that pertains to reality. Advanced classes are too focused on the theoretical and push material that doesn't foster intelligent thought only a rejection of tradition. Standard classes are more grounded, but are just a grind designed to push the low iq to a diploma. All of this preperation is designed to push students to something that doesn't even exist. They're being sent off into the world with no real skills and an expectation of a job as a professional "thinker". Schools are centered around common core's emphasis on the abstract and choose to ignore the tangible.
>>
>>129666426
Is there anything that can be done about it though or is it destined to produce failure?
>>
>>129660857
Well, what would you have them say?
>No, Bobby, you're dim and lack lateral thinking. The best you can hope to achieve is lower retail management after 20 years of work.

What good would that do?
>>
>>129669228
Your statement rests on the same parameters that these teachers use in that there are only 2 paths to go in life: wealth and poverty. You're completely right in questioning what good a statement like you wrote would do and I say that it wouldn't do any good at all. The third path however is the one that these teachers and most likely yourself did not think about or express, and that's tackling the middle of the spectrum. It should be okay to go for the middle: the not rich, not poor route.
>>
>>129660857
Teachers leave them kids alone.....
Nothing new.
>>
>>129666426
>Advanced classes are too focused on the theoretical
AP and honors classes are literally just first year college classes spread over 2 semesters instead of 1. Physics I, Chemistry I, Calculus I, Economics, and English Literature aren't theoretical
>>
>be me returned to school to finish a degree
>one of the profs tells us that by attending a Liberal Arts college we would become members of the "managerial class".
>Look around at city college classroom filled with barely literate dindus and spics.

kek
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.