[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the British labour party so happy?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: image (1).jpg (88KB, 630x445px) Image search: [Google]
image (1).jpg
88KB, 630x445px
I mean yeah they gained 32 MP's, but they're still 105 seats away from a majority, and considering there's only 70 seats held by third parties in total, forming a government via coalition is out of the question. A lot of British Labour were happy because a few months ago they were predicted to achieve their worst possible result since 1932, and this was considered their best possible outcome. But at the end of the day, what does that even mean? That their best possible outcome will always be to come a far, far 2nd, literally losing by a landslide every single time? I just don't understand why they're so happy. They're never going to win an election again.
>>
Because they think this is the start of something. It'll just make it even sweeter now once May's gone and we have a credible leader for our next election.
>>
>>129647251
Who's your pick?
>>
>>129647072

>Because they think this is the start of something.

It's really not, tho. Left wing populism does exist, but its nothing compared to right wing populism.
>>
File: labour hammer sickle 2.png (464KB, 10000x1836px) Image search: [Google]
labour hammer sickle 2.png
464KB, 10000x1836px
They did better than expected and if another election gets called because of the current unstable government then there's a good chance they'll win.

But they need enough seats. They thought they could get the support of the Scottish Nazi Party, but even with that there's not enough there since they went from 56 SNP MPs down to 35, and it could have gone further than that if it wasn't for a few narrow wins in a few seats.
>>
>>129647646

Boris, but I think she'll stay on.
>>
>>129647646

Boris is probably the best out of the current lot. Cameron was strong. May will be gone by Christmas, likely not long after the Tory party conference.
>>
>>129647659

Lib Dems and DUP would never side with Labour.
>>
>>129647659

>current unstable government

But literally nothing has changed except a few neo-cons will be replaced with Northern-Irish UKIP. I don't understand the drama and panic. Everything is fine.

>there's a good chance they'll win

There is literally zero chance? To imply the SNP, LD and Labour will gain 105 seats between them in the next election is laughable. They'll almost definitely lose some. Like I said, Labour isn't doing any better than this. Unless they pull a 2000's New Labour and retreat to the centre-right again, they won't hold government for another 50 years.
>>
>>129647072

They're happy because at the start of this election it seemed like tories would win a huge landslide and get 400+ seats which would basically let them do whatever they want in the country.
Then May ran an absolutely terrible campaign while JC managed to actually pull his party together.
The labour party basically get to be smug because, even though they didn't win Theresa May has ended up in a much weaker position compared to before this election cycle.

I'm kind of happy for them too, the tories deserved to be knocked off their high-horse and it's ironic that May, who's campaign was run on "don't vote for a coalition of chaos" now has to put together a coalition of her own.

That said, Labour supporters are definitely over celebrating, especially leftie rags like the Independent, which seems to be trying to push a meme of "JC could actually still be PM", kind of like all those "here's how Trump may not get to be president" articles after november.
>>
>>129648626

>the tories deserved to be knocked off their high-horse

You've got a point. It's not in the British right's interests that those globalist shills dominate our government. We need to keep them vulnerable, so they are forced to form coalitions with proper conservative parties (DUP, UKIP).
>>
>>129647072
Here's what I can tell from being someone who's being paying close attention to UK politics since the Brexit election was called. I've got no horse I'm cheering on - mainly because UK politicians seem to break a leg very easily and are subsequently given a shotgun slug to the head.

Where I see Labour (particularly the Corbynistas) celebrating is that they overcame a media narrative that painted Corbyn as dead in the water and would never ever ever being a legitimate candidate. The polling numbers supposedly reflected this prior to the general election call and the pundits were all predicting a Tory bumming of Labour.

Now true, the Conservatives ran an absolute shitter of a campaign and the gods of hubris have blessed them accordingly via the DUP and completely turning the terrorist sympathizer narrative pushed on Corbyn straight on their head. While I have a pretty rudimentry idea of what the politics are surrounding the Irish I've gotten the impression the Tories are risking a major clusterfuck by aligning with the DUP and could spark some substantial civil unrest (tfw muslims and potatoes are bombing you at the same time)

It remains to be seen but I am interested to see how Labour capitalizes on this huge stumble by the Tories. I'd be shocked if May clings to her position but it is looking somewhat likely now and if it runs that way it is sure to end in a complete disaster with Corbyn ultimately becoming PM. On the other hand, it will depend on who the Tories pick as their next face and if he can stop the momentum

What's also appearing to be lost is how the SNP could be completely wiped out in the next GE as the lefty SNP faction dump their votes into Labour as a strategic vote in order to put a stake through the heart of the Tories. This election really has been a demoralizer for Conservative voters and a boost of Labour voters. I don't know what the solution for the Tories is to staunch the bleeding but they are looking mighty fucked
>>
>>129647646
David Davis or Michael Gove since they actually wanted Brexit and not a watered down one like Bo Jo wants
>>
>>129649855

>and if it runs that way it is sure to end in a complete disaster with Corbyn ultimately becoming PM

But that's literally impossible. This was their best possible result. Are you honest to god implying that Labour and their potential allies could increase their mps in total by 106 in the next election? Sounds like some a-grade autism desu famalam.
>>
>>129650633
I'm missing where you're getting the 106 number from. Labour needs 65 additional seats for a true majority (or the magical number depending on how many Sinn Fein seats are held)

If the Conservatives bleed more seats to Labour which is a distinct possibility I think it could very well happen. Hell, I've lived the bonkers swing that the Liberal party did on our last GE and I never envisioned the Haircut getting such a thumping majority
>>
>>129647072
If you get less votes you win
If you lose against a manifesto built on killing foxes and stealing old peoples homes you win
I fucking hope we get a decent conservative leader because May has shat herself up the wall here
>>
File: hmmm.jpg (143KB, 811x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
143KB, 811x1024px
>>129649866
so more of murdoch's cronies. you guys are more jewed than you even seem to notice
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.