[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New French Education minister

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

So I was reading up on the new french government when I found out about this dude, Jean-Michel Blanquer. He's the new education minister who is surprisingly enough pretty much /ourguy/
>"What shocks me in France is that the question of love for our country is often seen as secondary [...] It's simple, you have to love your country."
>has said that immigrant children finishing primary school without knowing French is a disgrace
>has said that letting kids pass years even when they fail their grades is "anormal" and unacceptable, in stark contrast of previous minister who decided kids should only fail years "in exceptional cases"
>hates that history is thaught by ((themes)) instead of chronologically, promises to revert to old system
>Said he was shocked about how little French kids actually learn about France
>More funding for hard sciences
To top it off, he's not some party apparatchik, but a previously non-politically involved jurist.
He sounds pretty based desu, leftists are already complaining about him on twitter.

https://twitter.com/franceinter/status/865450536375537664

http://www.la-croix.com/France/Politique/Comment-Jean-Michel-Blanquer-veut-lutter-contre-lechec-scolaire-2017-06-08-1200853407

https://www.franceculture.fr/emissions/rue-des-ecoles/grand-entretien-avec-jean-michel-blanquer-ministre-de-leducation-nationale
>>
I don't see a problem teaching history Chronologically, it makes more sense.

If you teach it based on themes everything gets convoluted and is wide open to propaganda abuse.
>>
>>129585161
Basically yeah. Teaching by themes is a meme the EU has been trying to push for a while now. Glad to see Frenchies are fighting it.
>>
>>129584592

If Macron was anti immigration and less controled by the kikes, he could has been /ourguy/
>>
>>129584592
IMHO, this looks like a typical credo of French post-revolutionary republicanism a.k.a.their version of "civic nationalism" that has barely anything to do with the proper French nationalism. I mean, it's better than total nihilism, but it also evolved as an anti-thesis of centuries of the proper French tradition. Of course, French anons know better so I would really want to hear their opinion.
>>
>>129585161
I suspect, any school history course will end up ideologically loaded, as it will have to give one particular view on history.

Also, teaching chronologically may mean that XX century will be studied in the end of high school, where kids will have more important things to do (like, preparing for university), and cannot really study history. For example, I had little to no history classes in the last two years of school, but this was not in France.
>>
>>129586579
Well I'm not French but I do spend time with French nationalist circles. I think Blanquer is talking a bit beyond Republican nationalism, as he talked more about "France" then "The Republic" (usually the left likes to just skip the "French" part).
Second of all, non-republican nationalism is pretty much non existent in France, and I say that as a lomgtime Action Française affiliate. The only "mainstream" politician who even hinted at it is Marion Maréchal, before getting clapped down by Philliopot and Marine. This is pretty much the best you're gonna get.
>>
>>129587148
But then in France they don't have entrance exams in universities, I think. If that's the case then perhaps it is better to study XX century in high school.
>>
>>129588525
I think it makes more sense to study it in high school, when the kids are older and can get a better understanding of modern history.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-12-07-31-05.jpg (212KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-12-07-31-05.jpg
212KB, 720x720px
>what is there to love in a country? The local landscapes and fauna?
>So the future of education will be chauvinistic indoctrination?
>>
>>129589588
ridiculous
>>
>>129586331
and wouldn't have been elected
>>
What does teaching history by themes actually mean?
>>
>>129589588
>be britbong
>like France more than actual French people
What has happened ? I know for a fact its (((them) but what causes a person to have no love for their country ?
>>
Nope,as much as he looks like a "good guy", shall I remind you that one of the project Macron had (and probably still has) for education was the creation of a common history book between France, Spain, Italy, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia?
They'd like to do it in a "no winner/looser" approach, so basically, all the aggressions between countries throughout history will get tonned down so the student has to study more about the cultures and how close they are.
>>
>states the obvious
>hurr durr /ourguy/
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-12-16-56-36.jpg (250KB, 713x467px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-12-16-56-36.jpg
250KB, 713x467px
>>129589990
Pure ideology
>>
>>129590539
What ? I can under stand Spain and Italy due to the numerous wars and the like, but Morocco, Tunis and Algeria ? Maybe in the context of Rome due to Carthage but that's it really.
>>
>>129590539
I did read on that, but afaik those emails were only there for LREM staffers, I think we have yet to see if and how Blanquer will implement it.
>>
>>129590796
It's easy to understand why, we have a lot from the Maghreb here, pandering to them in education would show the government cares about them (protip: they don't, they're only votes to them), but it will fracture even more our "integration" system (doesn't work 70-80% of the time).
>>129590949
Yes they were. It also said that they predicted a backlash from a lot of sides if they decided to implement such a thing.
>>
>>129584592
Hope he will act. I don't want my children learning about shit like we have actually.
>>
Yeah, Macron is not some lefty.

He's a breath of fresh air and potential reforms to all of EU.

Retarded /pol/ was shilling for Putin's whore though.
>>
>>129591302
I guess but you're in France, surely you should be learning French history rather than that of sand niggers.
>>
>>129584592
>Macuck crony
>"our guy"

nah senpai
>>
>>129591638
t ignorant irrelevant island cunt that should be cut off from the civilized internet
>>
>>129591585
It's not exactly learning their history, but more what we share in common (Crusades will be downplayed if this gets implemented, after all, France had a shitton of crusader during the first one).
>>
>>129584592
Of course that begs the question who let them through school without knowing French.
>>
>>129591748
Chill out, Bulgar.
>>
>>129591585
Europeans and Arabs do share some common history though: Arabic invasion of Europe in the early middle ages, reconquista, Ottoman Empire, etc. Northern Africa and Turkey are a part of European history in the same way as, say, Russia is. At school though, they're supposed to teach some mythical history like WE WAS NORDS or WE WAS ROMANS or such. Not, we was arabs.
>>
>>129593813
I know we share common history but i meant more along the lines of the Battle of tours and the like. It seemed like you were saying to learn about purely Tunisian history as a course.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.