[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recordings of Loving v. Virginia

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/12/532123349/illicit-cohabitation-listen-to-6-stunning-moments-from-loving-v-virginia

The Supreme Court's landmark ruling in Loving v. Virginia declared unconstitutional a Virginia law prohibiting mixed-race marriage. The ruling also legalized interracial marriage in every state.

Bernard Cohen and Phillip Hirschkop, two young ACLU lawyers at the time, took the case of the Lovings — a black and Native American woman named Mildred and Richard Loving, her white husband — all the way to the High Court.

Phil Hirschkop was just three years out of law school when he defended the Loving case before the Supreme Court.

1. Cohen and Hirschkop asked the Court to look closely at whether the Virginia law violated the equal protection clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. If the Framers had intended to exclude anti-miscegenation status in the Fourteenth Amendment, which assures equal protection under the law, they argued that it would have been easy for them to write a phrase excluding interracial marriage, but they didn't Cohen argued:

"The language was broad, the language was sweeping. The language meant to include equal protection for Negroes that was at the very heart of it and that equal protection included the right to marry as any other human being had the right to marry subject to only the same limitations."
>>
>>129571493
bump
>>
>>129571493
Supreme Court was not meant to have judicial review
No one can argue against this
Supreme Court gave itself this power in a court case judged by itself
They have subverted democracy and are behind most of the bad things that happened to America
Separation of powers my ass
>>
File: IMG_0335.jpg (152KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0335.jpg
152KB, 1920x1080px
>>129571493
>Bernard Cohen and Phillip Hirschkop, two young ACLU lawyers at the time
>>
>>129571493
>((( Bernard Cohen))) and ((( Phillip Hirschkop)))
>>
>>129571493

Daily reminder that Jews fought for interracial marriage but bar it in their religious rites.
>>
>>129578702
I was just about to say this and also
>>129579011
this.

/pol/ is always right
>>
I never thought I'd see the day that autists on /pol/ would throw a fit over this fucking case. Why don't you get more mad at the owners in the south who didn't castrate their slaves like the Ottomans did.
>>
>>129571493
bernard (((cohen)))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
>>
>>129571493
>If the Framers had intended to exclude anti-miscegenation status in the Fourteenth Amendment, which assures equal protection under the law, they argued that it would have been easy for them to write a phrase excluding interracial marriage, but they didn't Cohen argued:

>"The language was broad, the language was sweeping. The language meant to include equal protection for Negroes that was at the very heart of it and that equal protection included the right to marry as any other human being had the right to marry subject to only the same limitations."

That's not even an argument.
>>
File: race.jpg (134KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
race.jpg
134KB, 638x479px
>>
>>129571493
Kikes are pro miscegenation for non kikes. Water is wet.
>>
>>129579698
>Leon M. Bazile
>Leon Imbecile
>>
>>129573939
True
>>
Loving v Virginia is literally unconstitutonal by taking away the states delegated power to control laws of marriage.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.