[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modernity and Boredom

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Steinbeck.jpg (64KB, 371x574px) Image search: [Google]
Steinbeck.jpg
64KB, 371x574px
We're bored. While I believe many on /pol/ are genuine in their beliefs and convictions, I also believe they engage in radical or extreme right-wing discourse because they're bored. Indeed, modern life is boring. There isn't much to look forward to. There is no more mystery in life. All has been reduced to materialism. There is no world beyond that in which we unfortunately find ourselves. Moreover, the world has been explored. Even if we wanted to explore our countries or the world, we lack the ability to do so, as the government places limitations on our behavior. I don't want to sound cringe, but the 'Born too late to explore the world...' strikes home.

America prior to the Industrialization was a vast, virgin land, free and open to exploration. Have you read John Steinbeck? American literature isn't very notable, I think, but Steinbeck captured America and what it was. A restless American could pack his things, and head out West, perhaps to California. Or perhaps the South. He might spot a newly built railroad or small town, in which he can find refuge from the sweltering, Southern sun. A man just had his belief in God, his instincts, and ambition to make a better life for himself. That, it seems, has disappeared completely.

The only thing Americans have now is nihilism, anxiety, pessimism, self-hatred, and an overbearing government, which restricts not only our behavior, but our thoughts. We have become mechanized, and imprisoned in our day-to-day routines, that serve no higher purpose. This produces boredom. We accept it, and there is nothing we can do. This is life now.

>tl;dr - everything has been explored, nothing is mysterious, and we have no freedom to pursue our destiny; thus, we are helpless and ultimately bored.
>>
I couldn't agree more
"Born too late to explore the world" isn't edgy, it's true and i miss the days where our planet had still unknown parts
>>
The ocean floor hasn't been explored
>>
>>129571897
I've explored your mom's pelvic floor
>>
>>129570508
You still can explore. There are parts, that while photographed from space, have never heard the trod of human feet.

The problem is you are a lazy, entitled cunt that likes bitching and doing nothing.
>>
>>129570508
bump
>>
Quite interesting, and I often wonder about life before all this technology. I am sure that we romanticize the past though. I am sure folks had their own anxieties to deal with, their own fears and pessimism. Maybe human nature is a constant and those bold enough to adventure, whether starting out to California then or starting a business or getting a job teaching English in Korea. I guess we need imagination and commitment to be reunited with our forefathers. Also, stop being a faggot and do something with your life ;3
>>
>>129570508
>you can't be bored when you're fighting in a war
>>
>>129570508
>/pol/ is bored?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7RkxLOSS9c

VID RELATED
>>
>>129570508
Taoism teaches that a good traveler never leaves his home. There is plenty to explore within. Don't be duped by materialism, that's only half. Explore consciousness, the intangible or the spiritual.
>>
>>129570942

Do you think the average person would have the balls to go exploring into the unknown?

There's plenty of uncharted territory down in the ocean depths.

There are still tons of undiscovered species of plants and fungi out there.

https://www.texasobserver.org/fungi-town/

This dude has been finding new species of mushrooms in Texas over the past 30 years. Think of what you'd find in places that aren't as civilized.

There are still left things to explore.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.