[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Music

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Do niggers music? Okay, admittedly Pink Floyd, my favourite band was named after 2 black jazz musicians. But didn't we just gave them the instruments?

Are there, or were there at any time, any noteworthy black composers?
>>
There was a black composer, I heard a classical piece on the radio, nothing spectacular, but I googled it and he was black.
>>
>>129553808
Scott Joplin?
>>
I mean, almost all blacks think Drake is a great artist so that should answer your question
>>
>>129553808
If it was good enough to google it then I would give it a try

>>129554282
>3 billion people are religious so there must be a god
>>
File: A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.jpg (108KB, 537x537px) Image search: [Google]
A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.jpg
108KB, 537x537px
>>129553390
>Pink Floyd
Same here, Dark Side of The Moon is my favourite album of all time, Learning To Fly is my favourite song.
Pink Floyd the band are far better than Pink or Floyd.
Music doesn't take that much intelligence. the best guitarist by votes is Jimi Hendrix, won for his speed, but David Gilmour is by far the best guitarist there considering how complex and long his solos are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7cuAjArRs
>>
>>129554824
*Fistbump*
Agreed mate
>>
>>129553808
William Grant Still? There were a few black composers and conductors in the 20th century who were stopped from having a career in the West because no orchestra would accept them or their compositions in any serious manner. Major black conductors (quite excellent ones) could only secure "guest assistantships" with major orchestras, and most would not even consider having them. The premiere of one of my favorite classical saxophone concertos, Henry Brant's Concerto (1941), was done by a prominent black composer and performed by the dedicatee, Sigurd M. Rascher, classical saxophone pioneer and Waldorf school graduate. Brant moved on to "spatial music" which is not as interesting to listen to but his early instrumental works, especially the saxophone concerto, are a real treat. The playing of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra under Thor Johnson in this recording is lackluster to say the least. I'm not one for stereotypical assumptions but perhaps some of the musicians didn't like the parts or that there was a saxophone onstage. Keep in mind Rascher was the only person at this time playing the saxophone with any kind of "aesthetic respectability" - he was the first saxophonist to ever perform in front of the New York Philharmonic and 200 other orchestras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_GWpvNVdmc
>>
>>129556191
>prominent black composer

woops meant conductor. The conductor was Dean Dixon.

http://www.jamesnoyes.com/pdf/henry_brant.pdf
>>
File: mozart.jpg (58KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
mozart.jpg
58KB, 500x711px
>>129553390

>mozart was white

ummm, sweetie...
>>
>>129554824
I'd say Alex Lifeson is superior, they have the best drummer in the world (Neil Peart), arguably the best bassist in the world (Geddy Lee). 3 person band, Lifeson has ridiculous solos, and is far underrated.
>>
>>129554824
Pink floyd's complexity level in terms of composition is a joke next to any mingus tune, dude
wrong parameter to praise them

just listen to what makes you tick and stop using other people's achievements to make up for a lack of proper self esteem
>>
>>129553390
Jazz is worth listening to and there have been some noteworthy jazz musicians who knew quite a bit and wrote some quality music. The late 1950s and early 1960s was probably the high water mark of their musical culture though. You can pretty much see a straight downward slope of quality basically since the civil rights era. I'm not entirely sure if I believe this is due to niggers themselves or if their culture just followed the same trajectory of decline that American culture in general has followed for the latter half of the 20th century up to the present.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.