[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

explain to a dumb american

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: flag_yellow_low.jpg (54KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
flag_yellow_low.jpg
54KB, 600x401px
why do people say that leaving a global organization like the EU = bad for free trade? why can't britian still trade freely with other european nations? I don't understand why they have to be a member of this Union in order to trade goods with them
>>
File: ec1.jpg (97KB, 600x348px) Image search: [Google]
ec1.jpg
97KB, 600x348px
>>129535291
The EU is a trading block that has very few positives nowadays, so they intend to make an example out of Britain for leaving.

If Britain gets to ditch the obligations that come with EU membership, but still reap the benefits of their trade block then other states would want to do the same and the EU would crumble.

>same reason Obamacare taxes people who are uninsured
>gotta make 'em feel the pain if they won't board the train
>>
>>129535291
>why can't britian still trade freely with other european nations?

They can. They wan't to be part of an economic, not a political union.

The EU has quickly politically unionized over the last 15 years and its continues to push for increased political integration. This isn't what countries signed up for originally.

The EU is trying to dissuade other members from departing by being smug assholes to Britain and treating them like shit.

It doesn't help May just fucked herself and the Brexit movement.
>>
>>129536482
did i just put a fucking apostrophe in want
>>
File: 1487876107251.jpg (44KB, 563x470px) Image search: [Google]
1487876107251.jpg
44KB, 563x470px
>>129535291
the UK is not a manufacturing economy, it's a banking economy
>>
File: 48728503.jpg (39KB, 635x446px) Image search: [Google]
48728503.jpg
39KB, 635x446px
>>129536742
They're kinda both desu.
>>
>>129537724
no we are not, we are nearly solely focused of service which has its pro and cons.
>>
>>129535291
bigger/ richer union = more bully power
exactly the same as how walmart bullies local grocers
>>
>>129536482
May would be a complete fucking fool to cancel brexit now. Even if Britain says "oh never mind, sorry, let's stay in the EU," they will continue to be treated like shit and made an example of by the EU bureaucrats. There is no going back.
>>
The only free-trade that happens with the EU happens in the EU. It has protectionist policies for it's member states as an entity when it comes to outside trading, to ensure countries outside it don't take advantage of their weaknesses (like the US or China). But any PR you hear about them recently that goes along of the lines of 'silly drumpkins, can't you see that free-trade is the future!' is deceitful, as the EU has at times explicitly placed tariffs on cheap Asian goods to prevent them from disrupting their domestic industries. They did it last fall on Chinese steel, they had a long fucking history on placing tariffs on Chinese textile products, and during a recent diplomatic trade talks with Chinese and EU officials, a EU magistrate explicitly said they were going to be cautious with how they're going to set up a trade-deal with China in order that they don't lose out on their manufacturing.

The EU is in the best interest for most European states (except with immigration issues of course) to join with the collective bargaining power they gain on the world stage. However, anyone who touts (like there has in popular media) that they're the current bastion of global free-trade is falling for their propaganda. They, like pretty much any other large economic entity, just want trade on terms that benefit them. Americans need to know that, and so do the Brits. If they were truly ideologically economically-liberal, they wouldn't explicitly make trade-talks with the UK hard or do shit like make up a 100 billion dollar exit fine. Their ideology is realpolitik. That's why even though I voted against Trump, I'm glad he particular rips them a new one, and I hope we make our relationship to the UK closer and insert our power and influence in their negotiation talks to remind them of just how inferior they are to Anglo might.
>>
The eu is arrogant. Now that britain left france is their only nuclear armed country. They rely on the us and britain for defense. All i see when junker denounces britain and merkel denounces the us is a dog biting its owners hand
>>
>>129539259
>>
File: 1496514836028.jpg (173KB, 901x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1496514836028.jpg
173KB, 901x1202px
We marxists run the eu
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.