[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RED PILL ME ON J. PETERSON

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 38

File: ALQcOAOFp5.jpg (14KB, 368x294px) Image search: [Google]
ALQcOAOFp5.jpg
14KB, 368x294px
His lectures are very interesting and I'm on the fence about joining his self authoring program.
I'm a huge procrastinator and have some unresolved issues to sort out.
>>
He's milking alt-lite man children for cash, but he's more creative about it than his peers (Lauren Southern ... )

Also, he knows jackshit about postmodern philosophy and definitely never read Kant and Heidegger.
>>
Yeah, his grasp on postmodernism is pretty loose and confused.

His heart's in the right place, though.
>>
>>129498162
Best comment I've seen on him.
>>
think what you want about his views on politics but his self-authoring-programm is excellent, you should try it out
>>
the latest social media money grab campaign
>>
>>129497775
His greatest contribution to humanity will be
>CLEAN YOUR ROOM
>SLAY THE DRAGON
>>
I only really know what I got from his Joe Rogan podcast, and I thought it was highly informative and really activated my almonds. I think he's worth looking into.
>>
>>129497864
Idiot
>>
File: 545985087.jpg (96KB, 337x507px) Image search: [Google]
545985087.jpg
96KB, 337x507px
>>129497775
every evening, spend 5 minutes to write down 2 (!) things you are going to do the next day. Both things should take no more then 1 hour.
That should end the procrastination.
>>
>>129498334
enlighten us.
what is wrong with his views exactly?
>>
>>129497775
>self authoring program.
he gave it to /pol/ for free.
>>
>>129498334
actually it's pretty accurate and precise
>>
>>129497775
He conflates post-structuralism with postmodernism, is responsible for Fedora Christians, although can be a good intro to a more heady type of Catholicism as well. He's an apologist and I suspect he's an agnostic as well, but wants ''cultural Christians'' to be an accepted category within Christianity.

His self-authoring program is a glorified diary. Having said that, keeping an organised diary can do wonders for those who lack will power and aren't particularly good at rectifying their faults.

Like everything else, JBP is to be consumed with a grain of salt, but there are good things to be taken away from him. Helps having done some serious prior reading before engaging with his work as he tends to have a cult-leader effect on more impressionable minds.
>>
File: 1496971021108.png (356KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496971021108.png
356KB, 600x450px
>>129497775
Anybody have a good recommendation for a starter video for this eCeleb? I normally disregard them but if you give me an interesting enough video to watch I will give him a shot
>>
File: 1405615577267.gif (2MB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1405615577267.gif
2MB, 312x312px
>>129498334
He's judging postmodernism in terms of its effect on society, not on its philosophical merits. In a lot of ways, postmodernism is nothing new. You see it espoused by the sophists back when Greece's gods died. The position of Thrasymachus, for instance, i.e., one which sees everything as a result of power dynamics, is in its essence postmodernist, but whereas Thrasymachus used his conclusions to advocate for amorality for a Machiavellian realpolitik to the young nobles listening to him, postmodernists today use their platform to advocate for very rigorous and universal moral norms.

It's silly and completely groundless, and none of them are honest enough to admit that the power games they themselves are playing are not any more justified than he ones they're criticizing. They all wax moralistically while at the same time undermining moralities which contradict their own on the basis that they have no foundations. If moralities as well as any and all norms lack any foundation, you'd think they'd have the wherewithal to recognize that their own don't have any as well.

It's one thing to grant that certain institutions are oppressive, and it's another to determine what should be done in light of this fact. Should we make them MORE oppressive? Should nothing be done? Should we try to make them less oppressive? Any answer you arrive at will need to depend on some morality, one which has a universal jurisdiction, but since they've undermined any possibility for an objective and universal ethics, we're technically left without the capacity to say anything about what SHOULD be done. These are THEIR limitations given THEIR presumptions. Still, they don't admit them, and instead borrow norms from the modernist positions, e.g., some kind of egalitarian ethics, and start ranting about justice.
>>
>>129499233
No, it isn't. To him, postmodernism effectively begins and ends with Foucault and Derrida, and even then his criticism is either extremely general to a degree of being without substance ("It's incoherent") or a conflation of postmodernism and Marxism.

I'm not saying this as someone who actually likes postmodern philosophy, by the way. I wouldn't want to defend any of it. I just don't think Peterson is all that well versed in it.
>>
>>129499872
If you got time to waste listening to a podcast than this is pretty damn good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USg3NR76XpQ
>>
>>129498565
>>129498162
I've gotten all of his programs for free you kikes (i hope you get arrested for reading this word in germany), he routinely gives them out
>>
>>129497775
His program is free to download off of his site or off youtube. The only real risk to yourself is your time, which since you're spending it here in the first place likely isn't very valuable in the first place.
>>
>>129499233
Too accurate, for postmodernists taste
>>
>>129499872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GSUG_B-new

Watch that one to get a good feel for the man, he really is a genius t b h
>>
>>129499569
this guy gets it
>>
>>129499872

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE Joe Rogan interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Xc2_FtpHI&list=PL22J3VaeABQAT-0aSPq-OKOpQlHyR4k5h His lectures and channel
>>
>>129499995
>No, it isn't. To him, postmodernism effectively begins and ends with Foucault and Derrida, and even then his criticism is either extremely general to a degree of being without substance ("It's incoherent") or a conflation of postmodernism and Marxism.

Not really. He describes it very patly. Now whether his assessment is accurate requires a thorough reading of Derrida and Focault's work and personal examination. But I haven't quite gotten around to that just yet.
>>
>>129500135
Oh shit Bro Rogan! Thanks man I'll listen to that when I work on my car in a few minutes.. kill two birds with one stone and all that
>>
>>129498162
>He's milking alt-lite man children for cash
how so? his lectures are on youtube
>>
>>129497775
It's the most patrician clothing catalog in the Western Hemisphere
>>
>>129500502
http://www.jpeterman.com/
>>
>>129497775

He reminds me of Joseph Campbell a lot. They both have similar ideas about mythological symbols and their role in modern society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLUgZhLJCHk
>>
>>129498334
That's because post modernism is a jumbled mess of an idea. Lol. You guys just regurgitate whatever is said previously.

Baaaaah
>>
File: file.png (192KB, 669x634px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
192KB, 669x634px
>>129500525

I was browsing in a Paris antique shop one winter afternoon when a fitted leather train case caught my eye.

It contained silver-handled brushes, boot hooks, a straight razor, several silver-stoppered glass bottles.

Inside a bottle, there was still the faint aroma of a gentleman’s cologne. Custom-made for a rich traveler a century ago.

Curiosity was eating at me. I bought the case and sent the bottle to a laboratory for analysis. They broke down the residue by gas chromatography. Identified its fingerprint through spectrophotometry.

The report said: an “old woody fougère.” Clean citrus notes, bergamot, “green notes.” The middle notes: clary sage, cardamom. The dry-down: leather notes, smoky labdanum… elemi, tabac, frankincense.

The detective work was impressive. So is the thing itself. Women like the way it smells on a man. Like a symphony that begins loudly, then soon slides into subtle, entangling developments that grow on them.

Or so I’ve been told.

1903 Concentrated Shaving Cream (No. 1403). A six-month supply in a little tub. Rich, thick lather (extremely concentrated-try to control ourself). Outstanding when used with brush. 7 oz. Made in USA.
>>
>>129497775

It's $25, you cheap fuck. Just order it.
>>
>>129499872
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-nvNAcvUPE
>>
>>129498334
For people who ascribe to a sense of nhilistic cynisism and enjoy postmodern philosophy maybe

I love his lectures. He has a great many wisdom nuggets that have basically been burried by modern academia
>>
File: 1495445277109.jpg (154KB, 1024x758px) Image search: [Google]
1495445277109.jpg
154KB, 1024x758px
>>129497775

he's a pretty traditional sociology / philosophy professor. at least he is crusading against nihilism and postmodernism and encouraging everyone to read Solzhenitsyn.

those are all good things worthy of any public intellectual whose duty is to carry the banner in the war against cynicism and naive nihilism
>>
>>129499934
>It's silly and completely groundless, and none of them are honest enough to admit that the power games they themselves are playing are not any more justified than he ones they're criticizing.
Exactly. And this is one of the reasons why I dislike Peterson's critiques. He could easily attack college "postmodernists" on the basis of actual postmodern thought, but his approach doesn't even go that deep.
>>
>>129498644

RESCUE YOUR FATHER
RESIST NIHILISM
>>
>>129498162
He's not a philosopher though, he's a psychologist.
>>
>>129498565
Ah, a fucking ivory tower commie.

What's wrong with a man earning a few shekels off his work in the marketplace of ideas? That's what freedom is all about. I admire him for it.

I loathe the tenured commies who preach and bitch about people earning money while they live a comfy life on the hard earned money of the taxpayers.

Put your thoughts out there, but I doubt you will get a penny for them.
>>
File: Moscow Subway.jpg (182KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Moscow Subway.jpg
182KB, 960x1280px
>>129497775

His material is superficial, unoriginal, and fatherly. I reckon his appeal arises from the single motherhood problem that the West faces. A lot of young misguided men see him as a prophet precisely because they lack a father figure in their own lives.
>>
>>129501096
He's a psychologist
>>
>>129500560
>That's because post modernism is a jumbled mess of an idea.
What do you think is "the" postmodern idea?
>>
>>129501585
what's pm view on logic and reason?
>>
ITT : people who heard Peterson on Rogan and are now experts. Try listening to his lectures, he has a podcast with them.
>>
>>129501497
>>129498162
>>129498389
>>129498565
>>129498334

But is he wrong?

>he's popular because x, y, z

But is he someone people should not be listening to? Are there better alternatives? Say something with substance, friends.
>>
>>129502157

>ITT people who think that no one else has listened to Peterson's lectures

Mate everyone here has at this point. Not everyone thinks he is some sort of demigod. We have disagreements. It's okay.
>>
>>129499934
Holy shit this faggot gets it. /pol/ needs more posters like you my friend.
>>
>>129502411

I never said don't listen to him. He is a breath of fresh air for someone living in this liberal hellhole we call the West. But, insofar as knowledge is concerned, I would rather point you towards more traditional philosophers and authors:

>Evola
>Marx
>Nietzsche
>Schopenhauer
>Freud
>Orwell
>Huxley
>Kevin MacDonald

I can't really point you to any podcasts because they usually are superficial in their subjects and explanations. If you want depth, read a book.
>>
Like Lauren Southern only he's less intelligent, less based, and more degenerate. Skip his stuff and just buy some of her books, subscribe to her YouTube channel, etc. While Dr. Peterson is safely lecturing from his ivory tower and delivering speeches to his government that are anti-PC, she's in the actual trenches making a difference and getting piss thrown on her while red-pilling normies.
>>
>>129502975
>this entire fucking post
>>
The problem isn't that he conflates post-structuralism with postmodernism, but that he intersects post-structuralism with retro-neo-realism and heteronormalities. If he read Freud in the original German rather than rely on outdated, poor English translations he might begin--only begin--to understand his errors.
>>
Has anyone done the self authoring program?
It seems like some generic self-help trash

He's one of the few Canadians that can be called alright
>>
>>129497775
clean your father
rescue your room
>>
File: __.gif (2MB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
__.gif
2MB, 200x293px
Who the fuck listens to "lecturers"? Can't people figure this shit out on their own? So many people out there like OP, no wonder cult leaders find it so easy to amass cults.
>>
>>129503553
just do it. you need to write every day. writing is how you formulate YOUR thoughts into reality. find your own voice, use language that suits you. and fucking write.
>>
>>129503723
yeah lets pretend you've ever had an original thought buddy
>>
>>129503553
>>129503760
to add 99% of indoctrinated slaves (read: modern americans) dont write AT ALL. Keeping a journal is the ultimate traditional red pill activity. find yourself in your writing.
>>
>>129503553
>self authoring program
literally selling you the idea of how to write a fucking diary. Jesus. You fucking people sound like cultists.
>>
>>129498162
>>129498334
These, basically.
>>
>>129503723
Youre legitimetely retarded, and probably havent read a book since high school.

>hurr why does science stand on the shoulders of past scientists? cant these fags figure it all out without having to go through lectures and textbooks?
>>
>>129503807
>>129503898
not an argument.
>>
>>129499995
Do you have any books on the subject of postmodernism that you could recommend, kraut?
>>
>>129498334
lol no. You are a postmodernist cuck though.and that's a fact.
>>
>>129503898
Science is about testing hypothesis in controlled experiments. Not selling the idea of writing diaries to low IQ faggots who think it's what smart looks like.
>>
>>129503946
where the fuck was your argument?

that you're totally smarter and more educated than anyone you could possibly listen to?

kys
>>
>>129503888
>implying anybody keeps a diary anymore anyways
at least he's trying to help people find themselves in this god forsaken wilderness
>>
>>129504078
No I'm asking a question: What is it this guy says that is something an average higher IQ person doesn't normally already conclude? I'm asking for an example. You cannot provide one, thus my point and argument is confirmed.
>>
>>129504104
>at least he's trying to help people find themselves in this god forsaken wilderness
No doubt. I would too for that kind of money.
>>
one of his main problems is that he believes in the holocaust. hard to blame him though. he also isnt a white supremacist for some reason. he is very smart though, and about as close to red pilled as you can get without actually breaking through, unless he just hides his power level all the time
>>
>>129497775

His only flaw is that he thinks people hate (((them))) because they are successful, he's blind to everything the jews are doing to us. His lectures are worth watching, though.
>>
>>129504013
u ned 2 go bak, tell George you failed

sci|ence
[ˈsʌJəns]

NOUN
the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment:
"the world of science and technology"
synonyms: branch of knowledge · body of knowledge/information/facts · area of study · discipline · field
a particular area of science:
"veterinary science" · "the agricultural sciences"
>>
>>129504299
He is a Solzhenitsyn scholar. Solzhenitsyn wrote 200 Years Together. It makes Mein Kampf look like refugees welcome propaganda by comparison. He is definitely hiding his power level.
>>
>>129504013

How do scientists test certain hypothesis without a basic knowledge passed down onto them via professors and textbooks and lecutre? Do they just know what the scientific method is? Do they just know the biological origin of species, or do they have to reference a past textbook and past scientist?

are you one of those suburban and rural retards that
>>
>>129499569
>his work as he tends to have a cult-leader effect on more impressionable minds.
the clay is ready for a charismatic sculptor. what does it say that young men are flocking to this guy, except that they're hungry and ready for some direction, some leadership? He's not a leader, but young men are ready, willing and pliant to be led and shaped by one.

We have experts for for any and all sorts of fields (math, astronomy, biology, etc) except for the one that matters, viz., morality. Does our society have a moral expert? The Greeks had the Seven Sages, or the Oracle at Delphi, or their family's patriarch. The catholic's had their priests and popes. The muslims have their imams and whatever. What does the west have today? Who can eliminate doubts about what's right and wrong and set young men upon a course of action? Despite what you may think, there IS in fact an emerging group of supposed experts in this field, and these are the gender fluid faggot professors in universities. They've won over a good chunk of the flock thirsty for leadership, but not the majority. Even still, the ones they have won they're not losing because they've not given them much to feed on.

pic related
>the herd breeds out commanders, those who can withstand the tremendous burden of their own will
>the herd as a result becomes more herdlike
>whatever leaders do emerge cannot withstand the burden of commanding, so they lie to themselves and to the herd. they say that they're only taking orders. they too are servants (of god, of the law, the forms, ancestors, the constitution, etc.)
>as commanders are eliminated little by little, and as the herd becomes more herdlike, it's need to be led increases until
>...the appearance of a charismatic leader, one who does not pose as a mere servant of a higher law, one who can withstand his own commands as well as issue them as HIS commands...
>the herd is seduced
>>
>>129504230
His lectures are interesting. If youre into that kind of stuff. But he also seems to walk his talk if ya know what I mean.
>>
>>129504230

>average high IQ people never disagree on issues and every high IQ person believes the same things
>a high IQ person can never learn something from a lecturer
holy shit, you are actually retarded. never breed nigger
>>
>>129504488
>the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment:
That's literally an exact paraphrasing of what I said, faggot. Jesus.. go do your diary exercises.
>>
I like him a lot and was listening to his lectures before he got ultra popular on JR. They really resonated with me but I'm still a nihilist neet I kind of want to break off of the cycle but I don't even know where to start and I just keep delaying things
>>
>>129498162
95% of his work is available for free... Also, most of what he earns go funding PhDs, paying assistants, and so on.

Also, his knowledge on postmodernism has gone far beyond well-known philosophers. Many of his critics project their own ignorance on him.
>>
>>129504582
>His lectures are interesting. If youre into that kind of stuff. But he also seems to walk his talk if ya know what I mean.
Oh well that's perfectly fine. I have no issue with watching someone with great articulation skills clarify complex thoughts we all have into succinct and humorous statements. But when you start talking about "doing exercises", he's implying he's "teaching" something to someone. And then people start paying him for "exercises". That is something else. That is cult and cult leader relationship. Generally consisting of lower IQ people.
>>
>>129498565
>>129498334
>>129498162

All you shill faggot Germans are content with the shitty state of things. Your entire country is full of negative Nancy's and Debby downers, pessimist motherfuckers. Peterson at least wants to help. You faggots are useless and are as good as dead. Enjoy Muslims raping your women in your own tents. Fucking pussies.
>>
>>129504845
>complex thoughts we all have

why do you believe that everyone believes the same thing and know the same shit?

you're fucking dumb, like mouthbreathing nigger dumb.
>>
>>129502975
This has to be a meme post
>>
>>129498334
>>129498162
>>129497775
>>129498533
>>129498565
There is something fishy with this thread. I've seen many of these, and it's like they try to make us not listen to him.
>>
>>129502875
>Marx

Sure let me read someone who was proven wrong about everything
Fuck off
>>
>>129504595
>a high IQ person can never learn something from a lecturer
when we're talking about things one concludes about society and how people operation, that is correct. A high IQ person should already have that very well worked out.

If we're talking about mathematics, or economics, ect, then yes, things can be taught. Because it requires time of dedicated research. The subject of this guy's "research" is the same daily life we all research non stop as well. So if he is getting it, and you need him to explain it, then you are in fact a low IQ person.
>>
>>129504537
i also wonder if he's read any of the works of miguel serrano since he seems to have read a good bit of the surrounding categories like nietzsche and jung
>>
>>129504925
>why do you believe that everyone believes the same thing
They don't. That's why we need camps.
>>
>>129502975
Reddit. Please GO!!!!
>>
>Reveals plans to make humanities studies free from the grasp of lefties and universities.
>anti-Peterson shilling immediately increases.

I think he hit a nail on the head.
>>
>>129505127

"common sense" doesn't exist faggot, there are high IQ commies and high IQ kikes and high IQ chinks and everything else, your "everyone knows this tho??" logic is flat out untrue.
>>
>>129505410
>Reveals plans to make humanities studies free from the grasp of lefties and universities.
I literally have no idea why that matters to anyone. Cultist.
>>
File: 1466276572260.jpg (54KB, 780x636px) Image search: [Google]
1466276572260.jpg
54KB, 780x636px
>>129505498
>I literally have no idea why that matters to anyone. Cultist.

you seem upset, leftcuck
>>
>>129505443
>"common sense" doesn't exist faggot, there are high IQ commies and high IQ kikes and high IQ chinks and everything else, your "everyone knows this tho??" logic is flat out untrue.
You just listed several different societies and implied that each society had the same dynamics so high IQ people would reach the same conclusions. You, sir, have a low IQ. Keep up with your cult programs.
>>
>>129503964
I would generally not recommend entire books, to be honest, not as an introduction or an overview anyway. One thing I outright hated about most postmodern authors I've read was their tendency to wallow in their own jargon and borderline poeticism (prime examples are Baudrillard and, in a different way, Zygmunt Baumann).

If you want to get a decent overview by someone who is more of an aggregator of postmodern thought, rather than an actual postmodern philosopher (although he is that, too), I'd recommend The End of Modernity by Gianni Vattimo. In it, he introduces a few ideas of his own, but it's mostly just a nicely broad, yet still in-depth overview over many different strains of postmodernism. If you want to hate postmodernism, I recommend "Simulacra & Simulation" by Jean Baudrillard or, if you want to hate it for different reasons, "Against Method: Outline of an Anarchist Theory of Knowledge" by Paul Feyerabend, which is *the* book to rage at if you like science.
>>
>>129505640
what the fuck are you smoking

I'm saying that high IQ people can come to different conclusions, you're really bad at this aren't you?
>>
>>129505613
gas yourself kike
>>
>>129504803
>Many of his critics project their own ignorance on him.
This.
>>
>>129505754
you're the fucking jew here buddy, you're a leftist and its obvious fuck.
>>
>>129505127
the way I see it, he's just saying to young men what they didn't hear until now due to leftist propaganda and muh feeling PC bullshit. nihil sub sole novum
>>
>>129505498
>13 posts by this ID
Well, look at that.
>>
>>129505735
Peterson's cult is about western dynamics. Why are you bringing up high IQ chinks in this context. The only conclusions I can draw are you don't understand this simple conversation I'm trying to have with you, or you are attempted to confuse the issue. Either one leads to the end of this dialogue.
>>
>>129503546
>he intersects post-structuralism with retro-neo-realism and heteronormalities
Not sure if trolling, stupid or just postmenstrualist....
>>
File: 1465285675999.png (168KB, 495x491px) Image search: [Google]
1465285675999.png
168KB, 495x491px
>>129505955
>cult

what fucking cult ? I've never done self-authoring or any of his programs and never given a cent of money to the guy.

some of his talks are interesting is all. you trying to make him into another Stefan Molyneux is blatant kike shilling.

Chaim please fuck off
>>
>>129497775
He has a phobia for post-modernism, he needs treatment.
>>
>>129505806
>leftist
on what do you base that, kike? I disagree with your reddit logic thus must be a polar opposite to what you believe is "right"? You wear kekistan shirts don't you. Fucking nigger
>>
>>129504565
no arguments there. The West is indeed going through a famine of morality. God rightfully died a few centuries ago, but only now have we started mourning him.
Don't know anon, JBP aside, I am extremely disillusioned with the path we tread on. Ultimately you're right. The world needs not disillusioned men like me, wallowing in heady self-pity, but men willing to stand up and lead. I've yet to find my own.
>>
>>129497775
Just another controlled opposition false flagging double agent aimed to discredit the integrity of the right-wing. Anyone who believes this shill, is just another shill attempting to compromise civilization.
>>
>>129498162
>>129498334

>People actually defending neo-Marxism/post-modernism

I knew there was shilling on this board, but goddamn.
>>
>>129506148
I'm calling you a leftist cause the leftist goons come here and try to "take down" people that they disagree with like Peterson. We've seen this kind of shilling before

go back where you came from Jewboy
>>
>>129505894
>the way I see it, he's just saying to young men what they didn't hear until now due to leftist propaganda and muh feeling PC bullshit. nihil sub sole novum
Well that is indeed a good thing. But I take umbrage with how he then launches that into some faggy shit about writing diaries. And his followers start acting like cultists. There is a difference here.
>>
>>129505896
Yes, every (You) gets a response. You mad because I have debunked every criticism coming my way?
>>
>>129506258
I wasn't defending shit.
>>
>>129504230
I doubt that an average IQ person could come up with big 5 personalities and all the ways they affect our daily lives. Most people on /pol/ talk about the philosophical part of his lectures, but it's the scientific stuff that's actually interesting.
>>
>>129506391
>dodging questions and typing up fallacies = debunking

pussy ass nigga lmfao
>>
>>129506103
Good for you. I'm talking about the cultists. You're just a cult orbitor, unaware of what's going on.
>>
>>129506128
>he needs treatment.
reeducation
>>
>>129497775

He is a Solzhenytsyn fanboy and is therefore hiding his power his power level regarding the JQ.

His self-authoring program is good - it helped meet the ball rolling on a lot of things I've been meaning to do for a long time.

He is a bit overrated and gets a lot of adulation from kekistani fanboys for standing up to sjws - but really any professor who had done this as adamantly as he did would be getting a 50k a month patreon bucks too. He was just the first. He does shill his stuff rather often, but his products are actually good.

At the same time, he does not deserve the type of criticism he gets from people here. It is clear that many of his critics are unfamiliar with his his story, his ordeal regarding the university, his lectures (which are great he puts an emphasis on myth but will straight up tell you things like IQ are not only real, but damned important), Carl Jung, etc.

People think his thoughts on pomos like Foucault and Derrida are inaccurate, but the only replies I have are that he does not teach pomo philosophy, he only mentions pomo to attack its adherents who have become powerful in universities, and his opinions on it aren't very original at all. Many, many people have shared the same criticisms of pomo and have gone into much further depth than he needs to (which is only to make it relevant to his thesis regarding the psychopolitics of power and what groups of pomos and marxists are actually doing, whether they are aware of it or not).
>>
>>129506260
>We've
ahh there we go.
there's the little cult.
bet you didn't even realize you admitted it.
>>
>>129506412

So explain how he's wrong/unstudied about post-modernism.
>>
>>129506418
>I doubt that an average IQ person could come up with big 5 personalities
That's because it's bullshit.
>>
>>129497775
Okay, too many times I've seen these fucking threads.
Aren't these EXPLICITLY stated as against /pol/ posting rules?
"Redpill me on ______"
Uh. No. Redpill yourself idiot. Watch his youtube videos, make up your own mind. Fuck off. Saged.
>>
I used to really like him, and while I can say I still have a fair amount of respect for him, I think many of his arguments aren’t self consistent and that his popularity primarily based on two things.
One, saying things that everyone knows as true but no one will say in a clever or intelligent way so that he can get away with it. This is more evident in as his conflicts with hate speech laws and transsexuals.
You can see similar occurrences by the comedian Bill Burr (who is great overall but is a good example of this in a specific instance), in his critique of how society thinks domestic abuse occurs only because men are crazy, rather than due to long term mutual conflict. For example: “YOU THINK EVERY ASS KICKING FALLS OUT OF THE FUCKING SKY? LIKE HE COMES HOME AND SHE DIDN’T DRY THE KNIFE OFF OR SOMETHING SO HE CAVES HER HEAD IN?”
>>
>>129506627
Read the thread. I've already explained myself.
>>
File: TWO.jpg (234KB, 462x549px) Image search: [Google]
TWO.jpg
234KB, 462x549px
>>129497775
>>
>>129506678
Two, he provides some system of self-improvement for those who have become abandoned by society — in that they no longer have an in-group — white males.

Even if you buy the SJW logic that minorities are oppressed, they have large groups advocating for them, these groups serve as their friends, family, and home.

However, being white, and male, are seen as just being an average person. Because of this there is not a niche or subculture for disenfranchised white males to join. SO the unsuccessful — or those who are successful but abandoned by those they know — are left baseless. Peterson offers somewhere or something for them to follow.
>>
>>129506281
Diary-writing is promoted as it's linked to improvements in memory formation. You don't have to write poetry, just log things about that day. even just weather and random things you saw and try to recall it later, it wires the brain for remembering
>>
>>129506763
That said, Peterson tends to retread the exact same argument over and over, and often will use the same tactics employed by those he criticizes if caught in a corner (however note he usually is only caught in a corner around the issue of god, the rest of his arguments tend to be a little more solid.)

For example, he has laid harsh criticism of activists for their redefining of “racism” into such a vague term it means nothing. This is a fair criticism. In most US circles racism is a universally bad thing, and being a racist is something that could severally weaken your argument.

However, activists redefine the word so it means nothing and can simply be used as a boogeyman to silence opposition, see Evergreen College for an example (although that prof is a fucking idiot as well.)
>>
>>129506281
that's probably mostly him thinking "what's good for me is good for you". writing diaries isn't really something insane. some things in life really do need to be spelled out, hell if need be drawn too. men are visual creatures. and then there's that whole "why would he write all this shit if he doesn't mean it" phenomenon
>>
File: 1465286562175.gif (2MB, 481x271px) Image search: [Google]
1465286562175.gif
2MB, 481x271px
>>129506476
>cult

theres that word again, you're see-through as fuck Jew.
>>129506584
we as in /pol/ you blatant shill Kike
>>
>>129506649
How so?
>>
>>129506832
Peterson, in his discussions with Sam Harris (I know but bear with me), they get hung up on the idea of god, specifically what is true I.E what we can know.

While Harris states we cannot claim it is true god exists, and therefore cannot currently claim to logically know God exists, Peterson diverts. Peterson, redefines “truth” as a vague amorphous universal thing humanity feels and knows, often through religion. This is the exact same thing he criticizes.

He redefined a well know term that we all know to something different to suit his argument. Not to mention that even his definition of truth can be torn apart to become meaningless if needed.

TLDR: Smart guy, nice guy, not quite our guy, a force for good. But really needs to reevaluate his obsession with mythology as the end all be all
>>
>>129506815
>Diary-writing is promoted as it's linked to improvements in memory formation.
Yeah no shit, so write a diary. This isn't ground breaking stuff, not even remotely interesting. It's like saying "it's been proven that tying your shoes improves walking conditions". Like, no shit.
>>
>>129506864
>we as in /pol/ you blatant shill Kike
>/pol/ is 1 person
you have to go back
>>
>>129506883
>How so?
Cause it sounds like every other cult leader bullshit. We have one personality.
>>
>>129507007
>le ebin strawman
>everyone who agrees with another person is now part of their cult

boring

you're not even an intelligent shill
>>
>>129498162
>He's milking alt-lite man children for cash
Wrong, he is already rich as fuck. He doesnt care that much about money, his infamy was accidental as well.
>>
>>129506584
How delusional r u?
We, /pol, think you're boderline-SJW...

Let's try.. say NIGGER FAGGOT...
can you?
>>
It's interesting to me to see how reviled this guy is by would-be intellectuals.

>he's shallow, he doesn't say anything, he never makes any points

All obviously just false premises that people setup so that you're forced to mire through hours of their endless pendantic bullshit, which inevitably all boils down to "well okay he did say some things but I don't agree with him."
>>
>>129506716

You didn't explain shit. You just name-dropped like a fucking /lit/ fag without explaining how post-modernism has progressed beyond Derrida or why he's wrong for criticizing Foucault/Derrida.
>>
File: 1345956480275.jpg (114KB, 350x306px) Image search: [Google]
1345956480275.jpg
114KB, 350x306px
>>129498162
>>
>>129502875
Well I think that for most of his audience the practical things Peterson offers are actually really helpful. You have to get your life together before trying to fix the world.
>>
>>129507135
hes just another rebbit leftcuck larping as one of us

/pol/ seems filled to the brim these days with leftists coming here to "raid"
>>
>>129506913
Stoicism FTW, living in accordance with nature. that's what he is basically saying. just a bit more convoluted. his whole thing is reduce suffering.
>>
>>129507113
>doesn't know what strawman means, but he sees people he thinks are smart use it all the time so he just did
What argument did I imply you were making but really weren't so I could then attack that argument and claim I was defeating you? Go ahead.
>>
File: 1495055912288m.jpg (85KB, 1021x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495055912288m.jpg
85KB, 1021x1024px
JBP is probably the best Canadian alive and is sharing his teachings online for free. Start with his 1996 maps of meaning lectures. He is not for everybody because of his personality but everybody could learn something from him.
>>
>>129507135
not an argument
>>
>>129507281
>putting words in peoples mouths
>not a strawman

speaking to an 80 IQ mongoloid has been an enlightening experience, thank you.
>>
I'm on the fence about the self authoring program too, I'm not really sure it would help me.

I got the part where you have to describe two eventual scenarios of your life taking a negative or positive turn,
but I'm sure there's more to that.

Can anybody describe it a little bit more in detail to me?
>>
>>129505003
Not at all. Sex sells and a stunningly naturally beautiful blonde Aryan woman serving as the poster girl and spokesman for traditionalism and conservative values just makes sense. She puts her life in danger on a regular basis standing up to Antifa and their kind. She writes books, does public speeches, and produces videos that popularize and normalize ideals that formerly would just be relegated to /pol/. In a lot of ways I think she is the leader of this place that we all need at times.
>>
>>129507098
You don't really know what you are talking about right now. Big 5 personality model doesn't in any way imply that people have 5 personalities. And it's not even Peterson's invention or anything.
>>
>>129507261
Gas yourself kike. Cultists and cult leaders are rarely tolerated here. Just cause you've been here all summer doesn't mean you belong here.
>>
>>129506250
That doesn't sound right. He describes how Communists are worse than National Socialists.
>>
>>129506627
He makes a strawman out of post-modernism and sends his altright followers to attack that strawman.
>>
>>129507354
Yes, what words did I put in your mouth? Go ahead.
>>
>>129507438
>if i call everyone I don't like a cultist that means I win!

really activating my almonds there bud
>>
>>129499569
He says truth is above all and I don't think he is agnostic....
>>
Psychologist (lel) that got famous for pandering to easily impressionable poltards.
>>
>>129507465
so this... this is the power of leftist education.
>>
>>129498644
Hey, he managed to do in 5 minutes what my mother failed in 20 years.
Give me a reason to clean my room!
>>
>>129507415
>defends Peterson's intellect for parroting someone else's model
ok well whatever man. I don't study this guy. I just have heard him speak and it's normal shit everyone here should have concluded when they were 18.
>>
>>129507470
>/pol/ is one person

I never said that, in fact you ignored what I wrote and inserted your own bullshit.

hows it feel to have laps run around you Jewboy?
>>
Reminder that JP has the mind of an adolescent.

Sam Harris runs rings around this guy when it comes to critical and rational thinking.
>>
>>129507493
No it's the support I'm using before stating that conclusion. Higher IQ people would understand that.
>>
>>129498644
>>129501178
>tfw I clean my room everyday
>tfw I'm literally saving my father

What do I do next?
>>
>>129504845
He is a professional psychotherapist, anon
>>
>>129498162
>philosophy
waaaaah he doesn't suck shalom kraut dicks waaaah
WWIII I'm killing your mother.
>>
>>129504711
start cleaning your fucking room
>>
>>129507621
Right, and I was stating the meme >/pol/ is one person in reply to your statement which it is usually posted in response to. You obviously don't get this, so I'm implying you are new.

I had to explain this because you are low IQ (and new).
>>
>>129507645
>muhhhh cult
>people gathered somewhere? its a cult
>someone speaking on a microphone? its a cult

almonds = activated
>>
>>129498162
>n-no you dont understand, you think post-modernism is bad because you need to EDUCATE YOURSELF
>>
>>129507342
Exactly my dear moron, it is a *test* you failed. What else r u failing in your life? -besides your worldview-
>>
>>129507774
been here for since '12, you're one of the weakest shills I've seen. You're a mental midget and should lurk more before you post.
>>
>>129506103
>triggered over shill terminology
>>
>>129507718
>He is a professional psychotherapist, anon
psychotherapists have therapy sessions. He is a cult leader. You defend him because he also delivers succinct speeches.
>>
>>129507586
Well if you don't understand how any science works then his lectures (or anyone else's for that matter) will be of no use to you.
Can you even explain why would using model made by someone else be a bad thing? Is every scientist supposed to create everything from scratch every time he studies something?
>>
>>129498162
no one has read heidegger but me
>>
>>129507821
not an argument.
>>
>>129507868
Its cathartic for me to call Jews what they are, leave me alone.
>>
File: !!!!.jpg (67KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
!!!!.jpg
67KB, 413x395px
>>129507858
>been here since '12
that's new actually
>been here since '12
still doesn't know the >/pol/ is only one person meme
>>
>>129507872
his job is rebuilding people for a living FFS ofc he has to tell people what to do. the difference is whether it works or not
>>
>>129503888
>diaries ask you questions about your life in order to help you figure out what you want and need to do
>>
>>129507872
But he has therapy sessions.
>>
>>129508008
I've been on 4chan since 07 though?

You probably showed up during the election and think /pol/ always existed. nice job outing yourself
>>
>>129506250
>hyperbole
>name-calling
>no merit to claims
anatomy of a shill
>>
>>129507894
You're just not following what I'm saying. How did I imply that using a model made by someone else is a bad thing? I suggested his is not innovative or useful beyond giving succinct speeches, thus him selling diaries to those who think he is is something I enjoy calling out.
>>
>>129501100
He has voiced this exact criticism >>129503546
Goddamn but this is good shitposting
>>
File: !!.jpg (69KB, 992x744px) Image search: [Google]
!!.jpg
69KB, 992x744px
everyone is so mad
>>
>>129507920
I advise against replying to a nigger faggot incapable of producing a coherent argument.
>>
>>129498162
The alt-lite is useful. You're mad as they don't jump from normie centrist/left views into our hard right in one leap

Alt-lite uses careful rationality and rebuttal of progressivism to make itself very hard to debunk factually (by it's opponents), remains moderate enough that it's detractors who call it "nazi" and the like are seen as ridiculous. It fights leftism and progressivism with much of the same secular logical worldview they have, using their language and skepticism.

It's a nice purgatory for millions of normie youth to go into, where they spend years witnessing progressivism and anti-westernism be debunked with secular rationality, and once they cut ties with it they're fair game to lure over to the real hard right, with emotional appeal and romanticism for the glory days of the West. More and more millennial are redpilled, and if the day comes when the "alt-lite" basically becomes the liberal opposition to the hard-right, we've won
>>
>>129507403
Its a common thought exercise.

Think about your life and where you want it to go. Now think of the things that it would take to realize that dream.

Now think of what would happen if you did the opposite of that. How close is it to the trajectory you are currently on?

The key to all of this is to be harshly realistic with yourself. Be honest.
>>
>>129507872
he has therapy sessions you stupid nigger. he has an active practice in toronto.
>>
He's alright and has some interesting ideas, but ultimately he's trying to give a sugar coated answer to the problem in society. Races have vastly differing IQ averages. He buys way too much into Galbraith and relative poverty, which is bullshit the moment you look at the poor Appalachian whites and their crime statistics.
>>
Cultists generally will get very upset when you question their cult leader

ITT
>>
>>129498162
You niggers say this about literally everyone on the right who speaks publicly.

It's obnoxious as hell
>>
>>129508180
You've said that he never said anything a person with an average IQ couldn't figure himself. Well, the studies he's done using the Big 5 Personality model is not something a person with an average IQ could figure by himself. And giving a lecture on that subject is much different than "giving a speech".
>>
File: 1494981437603.png (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494981437603.png
11KB, 300x300px
>>129508445
standing up for the truth is demonized by the immoral.
>>
>>129508267
>He has voiced this exact criticism
When?
>>
>>129497775

Finally a Jordan Peterson thread
>>
>>129505410
my thoughts exactly
>>
>>129508008
I'm pretty sure you are the disgruntled tranny leaf that was on here awhile ago shitting up every Peterson thread. Learned how to proxy, huh?
>>
>>129505076
Why would wrongness of an idea hold you back from understanding it?
>>
>>129506584
Most obvious Kike ever
>>
>>129508526
>Big 5 Personality model is not something a person with an average IQ could figure by himself
I mean that's great. I don't think anyone could figure out that we need to get rid of our thetans too. We needed L. Ron Hubbard for that. Just like we need Petersen.
>>
>>129508337
So it literally just that?
>>
>>129508718
yup, he repeats that almost everytime he holds a speech
>>
>>129508718
Maybe I misunderstood your question. Its meant to provoke serious self reflection, you need to face harsh truth about yourself to become a better person. Assimilate your shadow.
>>
>>129508712
Could you even explain how are the two (Big5 and Thetans) related?
>>
>>129505127
I like listening to him because I have some similar thoughts and it's best to see things from as many perspectives as possible, not so with mathematics
>>
>>129508882
That poster is one of (((their))) shills
>>
>>129505056
It's the definition of shilling.

>Pretend to be alt-right while you slaughter anti-left orators for not being alt-right enough
>>
>>129508882
Sure. One is a theory to sell a cult to low IQ people. The other is as well. All based on convoluted labeling of standard psychological dynamics.
>>
File: 1469046957223.png (451KB, 1907x2074px) Image search: [Google]
1469046957223.png
451KB, 1907x2074px
>>129497775
We all have questions that we wish we could ask someone who can enlighten us, regardless of whether the answer is on "our side" or not.

He is a very interesting individual and I would genuinely like to have a conversation with him and pick his brain on some of these subjects.

It's rare that you come across people who can hold and make sense of opposing ideas in their heads without lashing out, and be at peace with it enough to articulate it and teach others about it. Never mind create a mental framework where opposites are congruent.

Can't speak about the self-authoring program - from what I hear it's the shortest path to things that took me a long time to figure out on my own.

/pol/sters that are hating on him should ask themselves the hard questions first.

I may pay him a visit (Toronto local) and hopefully I don't have to make up some disorder or anxiety or whatever to have a chat with him.
>>
>>129509005
How is it a cult? Do you even know what that word means?
>>
>>129508827
Maybe?
I wanted to know if there's more than those exercise to it, on a pratical level.
As in, are those the only things you're asked to do in the program?
Am I just buying a couple of templates to write in?
>>
>>129509074
Read his posts ITT. He is a blatant shill
>>
>>129509098
He gives away all his programs for free. Il find you a free link if you want
>>
>>129508954
>I like listening to him because I have some similar thoughts and it's best to see things from as many perspectives as possible
Which is absolutely reasonable. I find him enjoyable to listen to in that context as well. An orator, skilled in being succinct, expressing complex thoughts we share, is always an enjoyable experience.

His problem is he goes beyond that to selling diaries to low IQ people who don't realize he's positioning himself as a cult leader or "teacher" of these things. That is different than listening to a speech for it's succinct expression of your own thoughts.
>>
>>129509098
But yes, the programs are essentially just training you to keep a journal. Something you really should do anyways, writing is the way men translate their thoughts into reality. Anybody can speak, not everyone can write. Find your voice, write with words that are you.
>>
>>129497775
He is excellent. He really helped me straighten my life out and quit consuming pornography.
It truly is degenerate shit designed to make you have no ambitions other than sexual ones.
>>
>>129509113
Not an argument
>>
>>129509153
The self authoring program? I knew it was free for a period of time.

But if you can, yeah I'd be grateful.
>>
>>129509074
see
>>129509227
>>
>>129499233

No - I find it shallow and pedantic
>>
>>129509246
I already do keep a journal, sort of, not really regular.

I write travel reports as a hobby.
>>
>>129509259
heres my argument: neck yourself
>>
File: --_-3411.jpg (40KB, 297x297px) Image search: [Google]
--_-3411.jpg
40KB, 297x297px
>>129508613
>>
>>129509464
not an argument
>>
>>129509005
How is a widely well regarded psychological concept a theory designed to sell people a cult?
>>
>>129504281
>having this little idea of how capitalism works
if you had the idea and the platform (you have the latter), then you'd have the shekels. you have shit all.
>>
>>129509295
Yeah but I still don't see how it's a cult, he isn't starting a social group, if he's a cult leader than so is any public speaker with a following.
>>
>>129509541
B-but he is SELLING something!!! Don't you see anon, the bad goy er- i mean cult leader is ebil :-DDD
>>
>>129509507
>How is a widely well regarded psychological concept a theory designed to sell people a cult?
I don't know, how's candy a good way for pedos to get kids into a vans?
>>
>>129509541
if you can find a better person from whom to draw knowledge, do it. otherwise, do it up.
>>
>>129509649
not an argument
>>
>>129498162

>person makes money on the internet so he must be disingenuous

I see this retarded garbage all the time but the people saying it never give any evidence of disingenuousness, it's just based on how the FEEL about the person.

And producing content for people while having a Patreon is much less of a Jewish way to make money than working for some soulless multinational corporation. You're in control of the product, you're more accountable and you need to keep the quality of your work up to succeed.
>>
File: 1341682575532s.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1341682575532s.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>129507982
>Roughly speaking
>>
>>129509227
>I like him too
>Proceed to lie, belittle and misinterpret the person
>Affirm that this person is not what you think it is
>50 posts by this ID

I like how shilling has the same steps like a magic trick. The Pledge, The Turn, The Prestige.
>>
>>129509617
>>129509541
Selling the idea of writing a diary as something new and interesting. Think about that. He's not selling you a physical diary. He's selling you THE IDEA of writing a diary. How fucking pathetic is that, and are you hahaha
>>
>anyone who becomes exceedingly popular on the 4chan sooner or later becomes hated

Oh look that counter culture mentality is kicking in again
>>
>>129509771
not an argument
>>
>>129502875
Sly little attempt to slip Marx in there, kike.
>>
>>129509649
tried this, doesn't work. they run away and you're having to deal with angry parents.
>>
>>129509823
its one shill in this thread having a meltdown
>>
File: insaniquarium3.jpg (287KB, 528x396px) Image search: [Google]
insaniquarium3.jpg
287KB, 528x396px
>>129505056

Very fishy.
>>
File: 1490243104146.jpg (16KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1490243104146.jpg
16KB, 400x388px
>>129509870
>>
>>129509735
It's classic kike reasoning, they project onto others the way they think about themselves.

Everything evolves around money and they're greedy as fuck, so everyone else must be too.
>>
>>129505076
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
-Sun Tzu
>>
>>129509776
You can get it for free by using your brain moron
>>
>>129509776
The lady doth protest too much, methinks
>>
File: 1496939837330.png (136KB, 363x296px) Image search: [Google]
1496939837330.png
136KB, 363x296px
>>129510007
>moron
Hey
words hurt
>>
>>129509776
I was just asking you a question that you can't answer. How is it a cult? Cult has a definition.

Most public speakers sell you shit, some even charge you to hear them speak. Doesn't make them cult leaders. You're an idiot bro.
>>
>>129509649
Well if you don't know then perhaps you shouldn't have maid that claim.
>>
File: pepe buddies1.jpg (83KB, 1375x645px) Image search: [Google]
pepe buddies1.jpg
83KB, 1375x645px
>>129510112
Can we be friends now?
>>
>>129500468
>whether his assessment is accurate requires a thorough reading of Derrida and Focault's work and personal examination. But I haven't quite gotten around to that just yet.

Yeah well I've read several books by Derrida, Foucault, and various members of the Frankfurt School (just to throw that in), and I can tell you that they bear no more than 5% resemblance to the Machiavellian demons that the alt-right and alt-lite describe and conflate.

I say that not even as someone who likes these lefty philosophers, but the current view of them from Peterson, Molyneux, Alex Jones, etc. is absolutely cartoonish and strawman.

Derrida, Foucault, etc. exert precious little real-world influence, not even in academia. They are cited sometimes because "people need to cite something; look into Foucault".

At best you could say that these Frenchies and Jews from 60 years ago were the first to be afflicted with certain aspects of postmodern malaise. And now more and more contemporary weirdos are also afflicted with this disease. But to say that these guys "started the SJW/anti-white movement" is such a gross exaggeration.

Otherwise Peterson is great. I like Peterson more than the postmodernists, for that matter! But he doesn't know much about them!
>>
>>129509289
Here is the pastebin for the Future Authoring: https://pastebin.com/BiFE2fUX

Couldn't find the others. Sorry. Good luck sorting yourself out, Mario
>>
>>129510087
I don't know. If Tucker Carlson were to give a speech, I somehow doubt he'd have booth set up with self help exercises that are essentially charging you to discover the concept of writing a diary.
>>
>>129510462
Thanks Tom
>>
File: pepe buddies ex.png (61KB, 1354x889px) Image search: [Google]
pepe buddies ex.png
61KB, 1354x889px
>>129510240
>>129510112
Ahh what am I thinking, of course not. Cults usually don't allow their cultists to have friends outside the cult.
>>
>>129502975

He's like Lauren Southern only prettier
>>
>>129497775
>I'm on the fence about joining his self authoring program.
you can't make simple purchasing decisions?
jesus christ
>>
File: 1491542340894.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491542340894.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
this isn't r9fuckingk

you need to go back
>>
>>129498162
>>129498389
holy shit you fucking reddit faggots
> everything is so passé
> DAE 원측 圓測??
>>
File: boundless wonder.gif (2MB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
boundless wonder.gif
2MB, 300x259px
>>129498162
>>129498334
>Krauts contributing to the discussion
>>
>>129498565
>>129498162
>>129498334
>>129498389
>>129498565
same fag proxy clicker
divide and conquer eh shareblue? can't have people opposing the commie world order
>>
File: shills-want-to-derail.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
shills-want-to-derail.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>129505056
This.
>What shills fear most is a congealing of the most "right-wing" or you could say anti-gobalist forces in general. So they tro to denigrate any significant personality who comes along who has any significant audience, especially on social media.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0P3Rsyy_Gc
>>
>>129511077
shills attack that guy constantly on here too. I've seen many threads decrying him in the past few days.
>>
File: 1497121573055.png (138KB, 321x349px) Image search: [Google]
1497121573055.png
138KB, 321x349px
>all the resentment and condescension ITT
>"wtf i don't need some fuckin faggot telling me to grow up lmfao I'm totally sorted already look at me look at me please"

Transparent as hell tbdesu
>>
>>129505056
>I've seen many of these, and it's like they try to make us not listen to him.
maybe /pol/ is actually just getting sick of these spammy threads
>>
>>129511516
At the moment you are the only one not liking this thread.
>>
>>129511598
>At the moment
you are the only one liking it.
>>
>>129505056
exact same canned responses every thread, OP creates the (against the rules, Redpill me on x) thread for his proxies to bump with. The "target audience" of the shills isn't us its the lurkers, for every one poster there must be a hundred or so lurkers. The goal is to engineer the "at a glance" ideology of the target forum.

HEY LURKERS, FORM YOUR OWN OPINIONS BY WATCHING PETERSON AND EVELUATUNG HIS CLAIMS FOR YOURSELF.
>>
>>129511636
What about all the other IDs?
>>
>>129506250
>Integrity of the right-wing

In the US at least, the "right wing" was synonymous with Republicans, neocons and conservatives only, up until recently, and many people abroad associate right-wing only with those groups, and the occasional libertarian. Alt-rightists hate them as much as leftists (part of being third positionist), even mainline conservatives elsewhere don't like those guys (Republicans embarrass them by similar platform association) and as far as integrity goes, they destroyed it themselves, due to presidents, media coverage and their own ridiculous behavior.

Alt-lightists (and the hardline core of alt-right) are basically trying to, against all odds, bring the right back among the youth without associating with existing cuckservatives, who have abysmal image and reputation, as well as the desire to buy them out. I mean the GOP in the US was for decades becoming a party of old and isolated people, desperate for youth. 10 years ago the left had a stranglehold on youth appeal because everyone thought of the right-wing as fat, retarded, violent, war-loving bible-thumpers in trailers and SUVs, with very few appealing or intellectual champions. Now in the last few years, there have been new right-wingers and new movements with (relatively) intellectual, attractive, disciplined leaders and figures, and without any embarrassing ties to the stereotypical Republicans. Suddenly you have fit, young, well-spoken, fashionable, charismatic racialist whites living in urban Toronto talking about defending the west and discarding the retardation of liberals and conservatives. You have grassroots people that the left cannot stereotype or associate as fat, rural, hawkish bible-thumpers on scooters and it's why "we" are winning the meme war, and for the first time in decades thanks to the internet and alt-lightists cherrypicking and attacking tumblr-feminists and the like, it's the left that's now looking ugly, fat, triggered, irrational, uncool and annoying
>>
>>129511753
>At the moment
>>
File: topbait.jpg (212KB, 694x620px) Image search: [Google]
topbait.jpg
212KB, 694x620px
>>129498334
>>129498162
Because he's not a philosopher or someone who academically studies philosophy or English. He's a clinical psychologist. I doubt that he has ever had any real, in depth academic experience with critiques of postmodernism because it's not his field (despite his field being innundated with po-mo dogma). Kant is largely irrelevant to his discipline outside of a basic understanding of maxims. Heidegger's critiques of language would certainly be useful in understanding po-mo shlock, but I wouldn't blame him for not reading Heidegger whose work is ridiculously dense (as there are more direct critiques of po-mo that give roughly the same information as could be extrapolated from Heidegger).

Clinical psychology =/= philosophy, English, or cultural studies. They're different disciplines. There is cross-over, but the extent of that is fairly narrow. He works in a discipline that, by and large, considers philosophy to be dead.

>>129499995
For the vast majority of tumblrina SJW gender studies people, that's exactly all postmodernism is. Derrida and Foucault form the major cross-over between psychology and philosophy. Do you really think they'd read Heidegger, or any other continental philosophy beyond Derrida and Foucault? Do you think they'd understand linguistic criticism? Do you think they'd be able to apply something as simple as Plato's criticism of poets to anything outside of the work itself? No, because they're idiots (which is largely evident by judgment of their chosen fields and their pseudo-intellectual circle jerking).

>>129499569
The vast majority of people who study psychology are agnostic or atheist. That's not the real issue though; the real issue is that those psychologists who aren't religious believe people who are religious to be fools for believing in sky daddies and refuse to acknowledge that there are positive psychological benefits to being religious.
>>
>>129511882
>critiques of postmodernism
this is why you're a faggot. It's just SJWs and leftism. There is no other pretentious label needed.
>>
>>129510077

Fucking pleb
>>
>>129510262
FS did nothing wrong.
>>
>>129508973
>slaughter anti-left orators for not being alt-right enough

Alt-right is still pretty hardcore for society and socially/career lethal depending on where you live. Alt-right brings in race, economic third-position and radical defense of western ethnic cultures. The media has caught on and used the term "Alt-right" to mean a broad range of social critics they hate

The way to stay big, viable and immune to criticism is to continue to drop at least medium-strength redpills on normies, while cheekily denying relations to the "alt-right", natsocs and the like
>>
>>129511664
You are right, but the battle is always to convince the lurkers - goal-based trolling 101.

God knows I myself always read comments first on just about every site if they're available - they cut to the heart of the matter, none of them is paid by the word. If there are interesting enough ideas in there I'll read the original. So, here's to lurking.

My part: Unless you're deeply read, Jordan Peterson is an /awesome/ synthesist of ideas, from the challenges any creature with a brain has to face, to the deep roots of our biology (did you know that lobsters have dominance hierarchies just like we do, and that human anti-depressants work on them?) Through literature and philosophy, with up-to-date personality psychology to boot.

These people who 'just figured it out themselves' are full of shit - they haven't watched enough Peterson videos. And by the way, there are lots of short snippets of 'the good stuff', look for 'gravitahn', 'bite sized philosophy', and once you get started looking for JBP videos youtube will suggest you an endless stream.
>>
>>129511456

why do you want another man to _____________________sort________________________ you?
>>
>>129511882

Very fishy.
>>
File: 1496704596470.jpg (177KB, 1120x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1496704596470.jpg
177KB, 1120x1120px
>>129498162
>>129498334
>>129498389
>>129498565
>>
File: 2017-06-11 23_01_32.jpg (126KB, 1319x1041px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-11 23_01_32.jpg
126KB, 1319x1041px
>>129497775
The sa programs are automated and not evaluated.
>>
>>129511882
If this thread isn't dead, there /is/ good reason for him to have read Heidegger - you know how he goes on about Rodney Brooks' embodied robots? Well some of Heidegger's philosophy is about being an embodied mind. So I bet he's read some, or at least read about that part of his philosophy.
>>
File: JBP.png (98KB, 271x274px) Image search: [Google]
JBP.png
98KB, 271x274px
Clean your Fucking Room
>>
>>129512896
except Peterson encourages the man to sort himself

shill

Sort yourself out
>>
>>129512896

I sort myself

>while he gives me tips and dominates my hierarchy
>>
File: simpson-san.jpg (40KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
simpson-san.jpg
40KB, 650x600px
>>129510262
>Derrida, Foucault, etc. exert precious little real-world influence, not even in academia. They are cited sometimes because "people need to cite something; look into Foucault".

In philosophy? No. They're largely used as addenda to Heidegger and Sartre in order to better understand them.

In English and cultural studies, both Derrida and Foucault (though much more Foucault than Derrida) are fairly well studied. In my experience, Foucault is largely lumped in with Adorno, Horkheimer, Marx, and the rest of the Frankfurt School.

That being said, I don't believe that the Frankfurt School earnestly "started the SJW/anti-white movement." They certainly laid the foundation for it, but their work was far more benign in and of itself and contained actual criticisms of modernist society beyond what has currently "developed" (degenerated would be more apt) into "das racist," "colonialism was bad," and "fuck the patriarchy."
>>
shills are at it again. I know you get paid but come on, aren't you ashamed of yourself ?
>>
>>129513432
>except Peterson encourages the man to sort himself
Oooh is this like Stefan Molyneux's "self knowledge". You cultists are hilarious.
>>
>>129513744
>ooh is this like unrelated X?

No.
Kill Yourself.
>>
>>129513744
damn, how much are they paying you ?
>>
>>129500135
Him describing kek memes to Rogan is hilarious.
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.