[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DNA Test- kikery or good sheet

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1491694691257.jpg (58KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
1491694691257.jpg
58KB, 490x750px
This has been asked before, I'm sure, but has anyone here had good luck getting a DNA test? Is it kikery intended to make whites feel less white (oy vey, he's 99% white, let's fudge the test and say there's 34% sub-saharan African in him) or is it a great way to find the different nationalities my ancestors had? I'm an American mutt with light blonde hair, blue eyes and an inability to tan. I'm not worried about not being white, just want to back up my family's testament that we are mostly German and Scottish/English? The biggest site appears to be this one and they're having a sale:

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/?hl=One+simple+DNA+test.+A+world+of+discoveries.&s_kwcid=dna+testing&gclid=CKWH3eC6ttQCFc-Xfgod0CYBsg&o_xid=55307&o_lid=55307&o_sch=Paid+Search+Non+Brand

Are there any better ones out there? Also general DNA/heritage thread I guess. Pic unrelated
>>
>>129492957
Bump. Other ancestry thread looks close to autosage
>>
Don't bother. Don't trust other people with mapping your DNA. Go through family tree instead and do research on your own. Library/town registers/ship passenger charter.. trace back ppl to locations and read about the places and their populations etc. Be a man.
>>
>>129493668
My family tree is non existent. I dont really have any other choice if I want to learn about my history.
>>
>>129493668

Peasants for the most part didnt keep records. When records were made, names were often changed or spelled differently.
>>
>>129493668
I have a family Bible that follows my family back as far as our voyage to American (father's side 1777, mother's side 1820) but I'd like to know what European nations those people came from. Is it likely that a 18th/19th century immigrant would be 100% of one nationality? My father's side come from Hesse and my mother's from Aberdeenshire.

I've heard that Mormons keep a lot of genealogy information, but again, only back to the birth of the USA. So I can't trust any of these modern DNA mapping methods?
>>
>>129493668
Fuck science and DNA, just rely on the babblings of your senile grandparents.
>>129492957
These days almost nobody is 100% white. I think it's hilarious you're afraid the jews are trying to make you feel impure.
>>
File: 23andme.png (84KB, 1222x956px) Image search: [Google]
23andme.png
84KB, 1222x956px
100% white here
>>
File: 1439971466495.gif (1MB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
1439971466495.gif
1MB, 245x200px
>>129494373
I know I'm not 100% of "anything". If I have 1% Turkish in me or something unexpected it wouldn't break my heart. I know I'm white from looking in the mirror. Can you say the same, Achmed? DNA tests probably aren't a Jewish conspiracy, but many people today want to destroy the idea of a white identity. All it takes is one SJW lab assistant to fudge the numbers to make people's noggins start flarin'.
>>
>>129494202

You can trust results to be fairly accurate in showing DNA markers, but this doesn't tell you the story of "who met who where."
Also I wouldn't trust anyone to keep my dna info safe if it was being stored digitally.
>>
>>129494847
I served in the army and they drew blood, I'm sure my DNA is in a database somewhere. Just not sure if it's worth 79 FreedomBux to get a percentage breakdown of my heritage. As with a lot of Americans, though, my concrete, definitive evidence of genealogy only goes back to the birth of the USA.
>>
>>129493823
>>129494173

That sucks for a canadian man. Should be lots of boat records to check n shit tho. Surely someone in your family knows someone who knows where someone came from etc.
>>
https://www.archives.gov/research/immigration

http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/immigration/
>>
>>129494373
>These days almost nobody is 100% white
There is not really a "100%" white gene type, but rather a collection of genes, having the majority of which makes you white.
>>
Also when I say read about places and populations I don't mean wikipedia... there are special books for these sorts of quests that go down to very specific local levels with people and events. Libraries are your friends.
>>
>>129495384
>>129495795
Good information and links man. Thank you. I'm also going to visit my local Mormon temple some time, as they usually have a lot of white American genealogy documents.
>>
>>129493668
The only problem with this is that women have been muddying the dna forever. Who knows how many great grandfathers raised another man's baby. Scary thought.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.