[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working for the government?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_7739.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7739.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Is it redpilled or full as fuck? I'm getting a business degree and plan on working for the government, is it a good plan or a soulless boring job? I have no idea what else id do and I kind of want to start working soon but I think down the line it would become very draining and unsatisfying. However the benefits are better than a lot of jobs and it's better than being unemployed.

Where do you guys work? Do you like it? Does anyone like their job? Or is it all just work?
>>
>>129473049
>
bump
>>
>>129473049
It's a faggot move. You must have family already working their. You will high pay, little to no work, job security, great benefite and retirement after only 20 years with a godly pension. Oh yea and you can be called a "public servenr," such a hero.
>>
>guinness
>guinness blonde
Get some taste.
>>
>>129476585
How is that faggy at all sounds great
>>
>>129477376
i don't even like guiness, but that is their best item

their irish wheat is good as well, the stout is nasty.
>>129476585
>It's a faggot move

why? sounds like the smart move
>>
>>129476585
>>129477520
>>129477520
also i have an uncle and a cousin working for the government that could probably help.

is the pay really high? i have seen the average government worker makes 80k/year but people say they're paid less than private workers
>>
>>129473049
Do whatever you like?
Don't listen to 4chan dumbass
>>
>>129473049
I work for the government. The job is easy, benefits are great, and the pay is retardedly high in comparison to how much work I do. I estimate that I actually work maybe 30min during a 10 hour shift (I automated most of my tasks).

The downside is that if you are competent, you start to resent your coworkers. Some of my coworkers are lazy as fuck because they know that it's almost impossible to get fired. Also, it's paralyzing to think I should probably move on since I'm not growing as a person, but it's too comfy to leave a job where I get paid to fuckaround.
>>
>>129478235
What do you do? What do you like? I'm asking you guys as well.

Do you enjoy your job? Does anyone? I'm curious
>>
>>129478605
What's your title? See, on one hand what you have sounds amazing. On the other hand, I feel like it leads to existential crisis. Sometimes I want to be a geologist, biologist, engineer, research scientist, geneticist, college professor, doctor, electrician, winemaker, own a business, code computers, or literally do anything that is meaningful and satisfying

On the other hand having an easy job full of bennies and decent pay sounds great for doing nothing, but it just seems pointless. Like I feel like it's a job where you literally aren't benefiting humanity in any way or contributing to society.

On the other hand it's way better than working at pizza hut or doing a "hard" job where you actually work even if it's satisfying and meaningful
>>
It's full of fuck. Be Canadian and have a German last name. Apply for a position in the Dept. of Justice. Get the job. Jewish co workers find name is German and not jewish, lose job.
>>
>>129477900
The pay is generally higher at the beginning of one's career, however, as you climb the ladder you'll find that your associates working in the private sector have a much higher earnings potential.

Saying this, government jobs have ridiculously great benefits and stability. It's honestly not a bad route to take as you'll save a fucking tonne working for the man.

But, yeah, boring.
>>
File: 5311.jpg (24KB, 340x273px) Image search: [Google]
5311.jpg
24KB, 340x273px
I work a government job. It sucks but it's the best job I ever had.

They tell me I'm making $19-something an hour but the take home is more like $13. I am forced to pay their medical/dental/retirement/union dues.

Government workers do not pay in to Social Security so we rely on our pensions. Our pensions equate to 3% of our pay per year so you have to work 33.33 years to retire with full pay.

The work is hard. The rules change weekly. The supervision is out to get people all the time. It is hard to get fired but they have ways of fucking with you.
>>
>>129479022
I'd rather not say my title, but I work with computers. The existential crisis is real. I've been taking advantage of all my downtime by studying for certs, learning another language, and doing homework for whatever class I'm taking at the time (free university courses is another benefit). Self-improvement is the only way I've been able to keep my sanity.
>>
SURVEY THREAD
>Filter
Question Words and question mark
>Browse /pol/ without
Shills
Surveys
Niggers
Faggit
>>
File: computer_man.jpg (124KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
computer_man.jpg
124KB, 1024x1024px
>>129473049
working for the government?
You must not have any interest in being part of agile practices or cutting edge tech.
You must value obedience and security over competence and accountability.
in short, you must be a serious faggot
>>
The pay isn't as great as tards in this thread like to pretend. If you're at all competent, you can make more in the private sector. But you'll probably get more time off because of federal holidays. The pension system sucks too. You'll make more money in the market. You also have to deal with really insane rules and restrictions, including to several of your constitutional rights.

The research wing is ok though if you want to work on real problems and not just how to get more idiots to click on ads.

t. gov lab researcher
>>
File: 1495057609321.jpg (246KB, 1479x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1495057609321.jpg
246KB, 1479x1100px
>>129473049
> work for company
> get put on government contract
> realize government is spying on fucking everyone
> desire to burn down entire department
> realize that won't accomplish anything
> resign self to being subversive voice of reason in the office
> slowly resign self to Big Brother technology improving and expanding without the public's knowledge

Shit's fucked anon and the only fix is for everything to collapse under its own weight and reset the system.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (40KB, 635x423px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
40KB, 635x423px
>>129482001
> desire to burn down entire department
> realize that won't accomplish anything
> resign self to being subversive voice of reason in the office
You're a massive faggot and I hope you get caught
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.